InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Prison: How Soon is Now ❯ When Hate Reigns ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Even if it ends up a tragedy
I'm glad that I could meet you”
L'arc-En-Ciel (Neo Universe)
 
 
 
When Hate Reigns
 
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Singing
 
Stressed
 
 
 
Kagome glared at Kurama as they approached the new club. Music pulsed causing the ground around them to shake. She noted that there were flashing lights and she grimaced. Kagome turned her gaze to Kuronue to find him searching everything with his indigo orbs. His hand tightened on her hand every time he saw something extremely strange. He had an illusion on which reduced his ear size and hid his wings from sight. His outfit was still the same which Kagome didn't mind that much. Girls tossed him looks, which he was oblivious too and Kagome glared them to death. Yusuke sullenly walked behind them and sighed as he thought about Keiko and Kuwabara. They had left Kuwabara in the care of Hiei…and Yukina.
 
Kurama glanced at the others and frowned. Yusuke looked depressed, Kagome looked pissed, and Kuronue looked like something was going to eat him. Kurama rolled his eyes and figured that this would give them a time to relax. Kagome took note of the line at the door and growled in annoyance. This was a waste of time in her opinion. She pulled her sleeveless shirt down a bit and sighed. The shirt was made of a thin indigo material and appeared see-through. It flared at her hips and gave it a loose look. She then wore regular jeans since she didn't want to deal with a skirt. Kurama had a simple dress shirt and black slacks on. Yusuke came in his jeans and messy black shirt with a leather jacket.
 
“This is a waste of time,” Kagome hissed at Kurama. His eyes flashed gold and he offered her a charming smiling.
 
“Don't you want Kuronue to meet the competition?” Kurama questioned with mischief in his eyes.
 
No!” Kagome growled at him.
 
“Competition?” Kuronue questioned as he glanced at the two of them.
 
“It's like the old courting rituals,” Kurama voiced as he smirked at Kagome. Kagome racked her brain for any information and growled.
 
“Youko,” Kagome warned as she glared at him.
 
“Don't worry, it will be fine,” Kuronue assured as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.
 
“At least I can count on him not to rip out any throats,” Kagome triumphantly smirked to Kurama.
 
“Are you saying I would just kill off the competition?” Kurama asked in feigned innocence.
 
“You'd feed them to the death tree,” Kuronue dryly said as he smirked.
 
“Kagome,” Kurama said as they got in line.
 
“Mrs. Higurashi?” A man in a security suit came to her. She gave him a wary look as he marked something off on a clipboard.
 
“Yes,” Kagome hesitantly responded.
 
He looked to the other three men with her before he said, “The manager is awaiting your presence.”
 
“Manager?” Kagome questioned.
 
“Yes, Houjou-sama,” the man clarified. Kagome glared at Kurama one last time.
 
“Okay,” Kagome sighed as he led them through the doors.
 
The music pumped and everything shook once they entered. A waiter winked at her and she blushed. Kuronue growled and Kurama chuckled at the scene. She looked up and noticed that there was a balcony. The security guard led them up the staircase and to a table at the balcony.
 
“I'm going to go deaf,” Kuronue stated.
 
“Don't worry,” Kagome whispered into his ear.
 
They sat down and searched everything with their gazes. Kagome noticed there was a dance floor and different color lights flashed on the floor with the music beat. Kagome turned to the staircase and her eyes widened. Houjou casually strolled up the stairs with a new air of confidence. He walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. Kuronue glared at the man and Yusuke continued to gaze at the dance floor. Kagome quickly pulled out of the embrace and sat down. He smirked at her and sat across from her.
 
“It's so good of you to join me,” Houjou spoke with a smile. He ignored the other three males.
 
“It's been a while,” Kagome softly said as she glanced away.
 
He ran a hand through his short messy brown hair and smiled at her. His brown eyes looked as if they were peeling her clothing off her. Kuronue cleared his throat and Houjou looked at the man with indifference.
 
“My name is Houjou and you are?” Houjou questioned with a smirk.
 
“Kuronue,” he simply said.
 
“This is Minamino Suiichi and Urameshi Yusuke,” Kagome introduced as she pointed them out.
 
“Such a strange crowd you follow these days,” Houjou mumbled as she softly frowned.
 
There was something different about him. He talked with much more calm; his voice was more sensual. Kagome knew that hormones changing couldn't have brought on a drastic change like this. Houjou smiled and she shivered from the fear she felt.
 
“Do you like my club?” Houjou questioned her.
 
“Yes, it's nice…how did you build it so fast?” Kagome suspiciously questioned.
 
Houjou laughed before he answered, “I used my inheritance to invest in this property.”
 
“Inheritance?” Kurama questioned.
 
“I did inherit much over the years,” Houjou calmly said with a knowing smirk.
 
“I'm proud you could do something you like,” Kagome tried to be friendly.
 
“I think Club Akuma will prosper,” Houjou whispered as he took a sip from a glass.
 
Yusuke raised an eyebrow at the club's name. Kagome tensed and Kuronue clenched the chair handle in his hand.
 
“Who's performing tonight?” Kagome questioned as a light flashed over them. Houjou's eyes briefly tinted violet before returning to their brown.
 
“I'm having a special performance dedicated to you in celebration of relationship with Kuronue,” Houjou happily announced.
 
“That's very kind,” Kagome sighed as she noted the slight hate in his voice.
 
`Stupid Koumori,' Houjou thought as he gulped down a bit of Umeshu.
 
“How did you inherit the club?” Kurama questioned.
 
“The owner was my father's brother, he passed away,” Houjou coldly said.
 
“I'm sorry,” Kagome sympathetically said.
 
“Don't be…he was an asshole,” Houjou laughed as he took another drink. Kagome choked on her water when Houjou said that.
 
“You seem pleased he died,” Yusuke spoke as he glared at Houjou.
 
“Without his death, then I wouldn't have became what I am today,” Houjou softly said as he glared at Yusuke.
 
`What does he mean?' Kagome wondered.
 
“Oh good the performer is here!” Houjou happily said.
 
Kagome turned her gaze to the stage and watched as the speakers blasted the music. She recognized the music from one of Tetsu69 songs. A female with deep crimson eyes stepped upon the stage. Her gaze traveled straight to Kagome and she smirked. Kagome glared at the woman and instantly recognized her. The short black hair and black Kimono gave her away. Those eyes watched her as she opened her mouth and began to sing.
 
 
Oikaketemo oitsukenai
anata wa tada kanashiku waraune
tooku wo miru sono hitomi ni
suikomarete miugoki ga torenai
dakishimetemo dakishimetemo
kimi no kokoro wakaranaku naruyo
sono egao no oku ni nemuru
dareka nisou kizukeite shimatta
 
 
“She looks just like you,” Houjou commented as Kagome stood up and walked to the edge of the balcony.
 
“That's Hate,” Kurama whispered. Hate continued to sing and winked up at them.
 
 
kono omoi kanaunara
Give you my heart give you my soul
iwanaide kikanaide warawanaide mou
 
 
“She'll know where Keiko is,” Yusuke muttered as he raced down the stairs.
 
The people waved their hands in the air and continued to dance to her voice
 
 
Kimi wo tsuresatte mo ii no? hanarera renai
tatoe subete kowaretemo kokoro midareteku
katte nano wa wakatteiru tomerarenai
 
 
“SING WITH ME! I WANT TO FEEL YOUR ENERGY!” Hate shouted as the song paused.
 
“She's harvesting their emotions,” Kurama whispered as he stood up.
 
“Sit down and enjoy the show,” Houjou whispered as he tapped his foot to the beat.
 
Every human in the room began to glow with a faint sheen of red. Kagome watched as they paused and turned to each other. Fights broke out and she ran down the stairs.
 
 
Oborete yuku mienakunaru
sakebigoe wa namini kesusarete
kodoku na yoru tsutsumareteku
kimi no uso ga muneni tsukisasaru
 
 
“Aren't you going to do anything?” Kuronue asked Houjou as he pointed to the fistfights.
 
“No, everything's fine,” Houjou assured.
 
Kuronue got up and followed Kurama and Kagome down the steps and into the crowd. He noticed they began to glow red as they approached the music.
 
 
mousukoshi atosukoshi Through the night Hold you tight
teniireru tamenaraba kamawanai yo saa
 
 
“DIG DEEP! FEEL THE LIES AND HATRED!” Hate shouted into the microphone as it screeched a bit.
 
Kagome pushed past the crowd and listened to them as they fought. They were chanting hate as the blood spilled. Kagome reached the stage and was pulled back a fist came towards her. Kagome closed her eyes and listened to a crunch. Her eyes opened and she noticed that Kuronue was standing in front of her. The owner of the fist was on the floor holding his broken hand.
 
 
Kimi wo tsuresatte mo ii no? hanarera renai
tatoe subete kowaretemo kokoro midareteku
katte nano wa wakatteiru tomerarenai
kimi ni fureruto doushite nanimo mienai no?
 
 
Kagome cursed and climbed onto the stage. Kuronue followed her and she noted the two figures that stepped from behind the curtains.
 
“KEIKO!” Yusuke shouted over the music.
 
“Inuyasha…what are you doing?” Kagome painfully whispered.
 
“I'm just here to watch as you get your ass beat,” Inuyasha replied as he stepped back. Kagome was roughly pulled back and winced as the claws dug into her shoulder.
 
 
mayorikonda koneko mitai Walk on TIGHTROPE together
 
 
Kagome noticed the glowing sheen of red and sighed. His claws dug into her shoulder and she felt the pain. Her heart ached as his angry eyes bore into her pain filled blue eyes. His indigo pools flashed crimson before returning to indigo.
 
“Deciding to go with that hanyou?” Kuronue roughly questioned.
 
“Kuronue…I would never!” Kagome protested as he shook her.
 
 
mousukoshi atosukoshi Through the night Hold you tight
teniireru tamenaraba kamawanai yo saa
 
 
Yusuke pushed his way to Keiko and chased her through the crowed. He screamed her name until she stopped running. Her brown eyes glared into his and she frowned.
 
“Keiko! Come back!” He shouted as he noticed her glare at him.
 
“Pathetic,” Keiko sneered.
 
“What do I have to do to make you see I love you?” Yusuke questioned. Her eyes softened before they hardened again.
 
“Nothing! I don't need you!” Keiko shouted.
 
“I need you!” Yusuke shouted to her. She took a step back and he charged her. Her weapon fell to the floor and he embraced her. Tears poured from her face as she pushed him away.
 
LIES!” She shouted as she vanished within the crowds.
 
 
Kimi wo tsuresatte mo ii no? hanarera renai
tatoe subete kowaretemo kokoro midareteku
katte nano wa wakatteiru tomerarenai
kimi wo sukini natte ii no? koko ni itemo ii?
 
 
“I saw what he did to you and I won't let you leave me!” Kuronue growled as his eyes bled crimson.
 
“Please! I have to stop him!” Kagome pleaded as she felt the claws tear her skin.
 
“How many times have you gone back to him already?” Kuronue demanded to know. “HOW MANY!”
 
“I won't leave you…but your being a jerk!” Kagome shouted back.
 
He growled as she whispered a sorry and kicked him hard. His grip lessoned and he fell to his knees with a yelp. Kagome ran toward Hate and noticed Inuyasha had vanished. Arms wrapped around her waist and she cried out as the claws dug into her shoulder again. She was flipped around and gazed into golden orbs. Before she could protest, soft lips claimed hers.
 
 
fuan na yoru ni tsutsumarete
Walk on TIGHTROPE together
 
 
Houjou glared at the Kitsune that kissed Kagome. His silver hair gleamed in the flashing lights. Houjou smashed the glass in his fist as he watched the scene. The song had ended but the music kept repeating. Hate watched as all the humans tore each other apart. Her eyes took notice of the pissed off Miko who was engulfed in a kiss. Kuronue glared at the Kitsune and his Miko.
 
Kagome reached up, pulled Youko's ear, and twisted it hard. He yelped and released her from his kiss. His eyes flashed red as he glared at her. Kagome grimaced knowing what Miko ki she had was still weak. A growl tore through the air and Kuronue tackled Youko to the ground. Kagome grimaced as he slashed Youko across the chest. As they fought, the red aura deepened in color.
 
“She's MINE!” Kuronue growled as he attacked.
 
“She should be mine!” Youko growled as he pulled out his rose whip.
 
“I found her first!” Kuronue argued as he dodged the whip.
 
Kagome wanted to run to them but turned back to Hate. She didn't stand a chance against two raging youkai. Hate laughed at her as Kagome approached the soul.
 
“Upset?” Hate sarcastically asked.
 
“Release them!” Kagome commanded knowing she was alone in this fight.
 
“Never! They deserve to die!” Hate growled.
 
“No one deserves death,” Kagome whispered.
 
“They deserve to die for hurting us,” Hate darkly explained.
 
“They didn't mean it,” Kagome pleaded.
 
“No, you will watch as they all die,” Hate responded as a scream tore throughout the fight. Kagome looked over to see a dead teenager.
 
“I won't let you do this,” Kagome whispered as she lunged at Hate.
 
“I'm already doing it! Isn't it beautiful?” Hate questioned as she caught Kagome around the throat.
 
Kagome clawed against Hate's grip to no avail. Her lungs burned with the need for air as she struggled.
 
“No one can defeat me! I am hate and therefore I will always exist!” Hate declared as she laughed. Kagome weakened as she lay against the grip of hate.
 
“You are wrong,” Kuronue darkly whispered as he ripped Hate away from Kagome.
 
Hate slammed against the floor and he kneeled down to Kagome. She weakly smiled up at him and he nodded.
 
“How?” Kagome questioned.
 
“I realized that I needed to trust you,” Kuronue whispered as he looked over at the now human Kurama.
 
“Your trust is not strong enough for the darkness in our souls!” Hate menacingly hissed.
 
“I can beat any darkness you have when I have her,” Kuronue firmly stated as he charged Hate.
 
She dodged his attack and gasped as she felt his foot connect with her chest. A groan escaped her lips as she tried to evade his attacks. She couldn't understand why he was so powerful. Hate began to sing and everyone turned to her call. She pointed to Kagome and they began to advance. Kuronue froze as they advanced on them. Kagome slowly drifted in and out of reality as the people approached. Yusuke kicked a bunch a people away as Kurama stood by her side.
 
Kuronue sent a look of pure anger to Hate. There was a resemblance to Kagome that made him hesitate from killing Hate. He heard Kagome's whimper as the people closed in on her. His eyes bled crimson as he impaled her through the stomach on his claws. Blood poured through her mouth as tossed her to the ground like trash. Kagome slowly crawled over to hate and stared at her broken figure. She rested herself against Kuronue's arm and watched as he clamed down. Kagome fell to her knees and laid a palm on Hate's face. Hate glared at the woman with everything she had.
 
“It's time to go,” Kagome whispered.
 
“I hate you,” she sneered. Kagome gazed sadly upon the soul. “We'll destroy you.”
 
“Rest,” Kagome whispered as she began to purify the soul with everything she had.
 
A white orb floated in place as Kagome happily smiled. Kuronue picked her up and she fell into darkness.
 
 
 
Author's Note:
I don't own Tetsu69 or their song Tightrope