InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Prison: How Soon is Now ❯ My Savior ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I exist on the best terms I can.
The past is now part of my future,
The present is well out of hand”
Joy Division (Heart and Soul)
 
 
 
My Savior
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed
 
 
 
Kagome sighed as she rolled over and pushed Kuronue out of the bed. A thump and snore was heard from the said Koumori. Kagome scoffed at this and pushed off the bed. She opened the door and decided to see how her houseguests were doing. The stair squeaked and she wished she could float like she used to. Pushing the thought away, she continued down the stairs until she reached the living room. The person she was looking for was sitting up. His feet were planted on the floor and his face was buried in his palms. Every few seconds his form would shake and a sob could be heard. Kagome sat across from him in the lazy chair.
 
His face snapped up and he glared at her with hateful brown eyes. Kagome met the glare and winced a bit. He noticed her wince and looked away from her face. Kagome noticed that the swelling had yet to go down in his face. The love of his life had pounded her feelings into him. Kagome sighed and watched as he stared at the floor. She didn't know exactly how he felt at the moment, but she had a good idea. It was hard having to be the leader for a team. You had to be strong and not let anything stand in your way.
 
“Go ahead,” Yusuke whispered, “mock me.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened and she softly smiled. He must have realized how her situation with Inuyasha made her feel. It pleased her to know he had finally learned a lesson, but her heart ached for him.
 
“I didn't come to mock you,” Kagome assured as she watched his gaze lock with her own orbs.
 
“Then why did you come?” Yusuke softly growled.
 
“It's my house first off, but I thought you'd like to talk,” Kagome coldly responded before her voice softened.
 
“There's nothing to talk about,” Yusuke scoffed at her. Kagome growled and slammed her fists on the table. She softly whimpered and rubbed her pained fists. He smirked at her and shook his head.
 
“I may not know what you feel, but I can relate,” Kagome said as she rubbed her bruised fist.
 
“This is something I must deal with on my own,” Yusuke firmly said.
 
“Inuyasha…he once wanted to deal with Kikyo on his own…and he almost went to hell for that,” Kagome whispered as she smiled at the sad thought.
 
“Inuyasha…that resurrected hanyou?” Yusuke questioned. Kagome nodded and thought if she explained Inuyasha then he would open up.
 
“I am Inuyasha's first love's reincarnation, Kikyo's reincarnation,” Kagome sadly began as she retold the tale. Yusuke listened and nodded his head at certain parts he could relate to, but he listened. She finished the story at her being sealed in the Tama.
 
“Why did you put up with the way he acted?” Yusuke asked. Kagome chuckled and shook her head.
 
“Because I truly did love him,” Kagome stated as she wiped her eyes.
 
“What will you do…about him now?” Yusuke asked as he watched her reaction. Kagome face fell and she looked truly tired.
 
“I'll put him to rest,” Kagome assured as she looked away.
 
“Is it really that easy?” Yusuke questioned. Kagome glared at him and her lips tightened into a pout.
 
“No.” She coldly said. “You would have to be heartless if you didn't feel anything.”
 
“I could never hurt her,” Yusuke admitted. Kagome's eyebrow rose as she mentally cheered her progress.
 
“She seemed sweet,” Kagome softly said as he gave her a dry look.
 
“Keiko's the only reason I go to school, at least when she catches me. I want to be able to offer her a life,” Yusuke whispered.
 
“You want to give her something more,” Kagome whispered.
 
“Exactly,” Yusuke agreed. “I want to give her the best. I want to assure her that I'll never leave her…at least not long.”
 
“Have you ever just told her that?” Kagome questioned.
 
“Well…no, but isn't it to late?” Yusuke questioned.
 
“Better late then never,” Kagome said as she offered him a smile.
 
“Can you ever be to late?” Yusuke questioned her.
 
Kagome smiled at him and reached out to touch her face. Her hands were cold from the cool air. He shivered as her palms rested against his bruised face. A warm energy engulfed him and she gasped as she felt herself go weak. She broke contact and weakly stood up. Kagome leaned against the wall and smiled as she felt the energy slowly recover.
 
“You can be to late, Inuyasha's dead. You're not too late…she's still alive beneath the lies,” Kagome firmly assured as she weakly walked up the stairs. Yusuke watched her form vanish before he raised a hand to face. He was fully healed and felt much better.
 
Kagome collapsed to her knees and gasped for air. It had been a while since she used her Miko ki while human. She had forgotten that it drained you if you tapped into it too much. Strong hands picked her up bridal style and she smiled at her savior.
 
“My savior,” Kagome teased as she rested her head against his shoulder.
 
“You have to be more careful,” Kuronue scolded her as he laid her on the bed.
 
“Whatever,” Kagome sighed.
 
“Be good else I'll tie you up,” Kuronue teased as he kissed her nose.
 
“Yummy,” Kagome sighed as she pulled him to her. He wrapped his arms around her and she yawned.
 
“My touch makes you bored?” Kuronue asked in fake offense.
 
“Very,” Kagome dryly said as he bit her lightly on the ear.
 
“Bad Miko,” Kuronue scolded.
 
“Bad Okinawa, no biting,” Kagome scolded back.
 
Kuronue stuck his tongue out at her and she grabbed it. He grinned as he pulled his tongue and her index finger into his mouth. Lightly, he bit down and flicked his tongue against the fingertip. Kagome pulled her finger away and leaned up to kiss him. A moan escaped her lips as she felt his mouth open. His tongue brushed along hers and she sighed. He softly growled and rolled on top of her. Kagome hesitantly followed his tongue back into his mouth. She brushed his fangs and grinned like a fool. They broke apart and he was about to grin when her lips crashed onto his. Kagome wrapped her legs against his and softly rubbed against him.
 
A groan was her assurance that she had him. She pulled her mouth away and softly nibbled on his lower lip. Kuronue rubbed against her and she went red in the face. She couldn't understand why she had forgotten about `that'. Kagome ran her fingers along his ears before she gently traced his features. Kuronue sat up on his knees and pulled her so she was straddling him. Kagome wiggled and watched as his eyes closed. His hands traveled up her shirt and he ran his claws along her back. She arched into him and groaned. It was danger mixed with pleasure, a perfect combination.
 
His head lowered and he nibbled on her neck as he continued to drag his claws carefully along her back. Kagome wiggled in his lap and encouraged him to continue. A soft growl rumbled through his chest and she felt the fangs brush her neck. Kagome moved away and heard the growl increase. She rubbed her head along his chest and raised his chin in the air with her head. His pale neck was exposed to her and she licked along the pulse. A groan and she felt the claws press against her skin a bit harder. Kagome dragged her dull teeth against his skin and nipped. His breathing hitched and she bit down on a comfortable area.
 
He ran his claws along her back and tangled his hand in her onyx hair. Kuronue pulled her away and her eyes widened in surprise. His indigo eyes flashed crimson before he captured her gasp in his mouth. Kagome swore her lips were going numb as he continued to attack them. His fangs brushed her lip and she knew more of youkai side was coming out. Kagome grinned as she him pulled away. He gazed down at her and she noticed a soft frown. Kagome went to speak before a rip echoed through the room. Her pajama shirt now lay in two on the floor.
 
Kagome scowled at him and covered herself with her arm. Her other arm was wrapped around his neck. He frowned at the movement.
 
“Don't hide,” he whispered to her.
 
“You killed my shirt!” Kagome hissed. Kuronue chuckled at this and she growled.
 
“And you killed the moment,” he teased as he pulled her nose-to-nose.
 
Kagome was about to respond, but a knock sounded on the door. She softly cursed and pushed past Kuronue. A thump was heard and a louder curse as she hit the floor. She sobbed and Kuronue looked over the edge to make sure she was fine.
 
“What's wrong?” Kuronue asked.
 
“I pinched my nipple,” Kagome cried as she got back up and grabbed another shirt.
 
“Ouch,” Kuronue mumbled. Kagome glared at him and punched him in the shoulder.
 
“All you can say is ouch? You're lucky that skimpy vest hides something,” Kagome growled.
 
“Skimpy?” Kuronue questioned with a smirk.
 
“You can see too much,” Kagome mumbled as another knock was heard.
 
“Who is it?” Kuronue and Kagome shouted.
 
“It's me! Suiichi!” Kurama joked; he knew perfectly what had just gone on.
 
“Go away,” Kagome whined.
 
“Can't, won't, shall not,” Kurama listed as the door flew open.
 
“Speak now or face my wrath,” Kagome growled as she stared into his smirking face.
 
“Your friend Houjou called and told us to meet him at the new club,” Kurama relayed the message.
 
“I don't care,” Kagome huffed as she went to close the door. A hand caught the door and she followed it to Kuronue.
 
“What's this club?” Kuronue asked.
 
“It's place where you can party, would you like to go?” Kurama asked.
 
“No he wouldn't,” Kagome interrupted with a growl.
 
“Who's this Houjou?” Kuronue asked.
 
“You briefly met him,” Kagome sighed with annoyance.
 
“He's Kagome's official stalker,” Souta grumbled as he walked into the bathroom. Kuronue frowned at this and Kagome pinched the bridge of her nose.
 
“We go tonight,” Kuronue firmly said as he walked back into the bedroom.
 
“Somebody's jealous,” Kurama mumbled as he looked to Kagome's disgruntled form.
 
“You're coming or else I'll make you my new fur jacket,” Kagome threatened.
 
“As long as I get to cover you when I'm alive,” Kurama calmly said.
 
“That's my job,” Kuronue growled as he pulled her into the bedroom and the door slammed shut. Kurama ran a hand through his hair and grinned. Love was so cute.
 
“They're both going to kill you,” Souta announced as he left the bathroom and walked into his bedroom.
 
Kurama rubbed his chin in thought before he shrugged and walked down the stairs. It was now time to keep Yusuke company.
 
 
 
Author's Note:
This is Important so do read this part: I finished typing this story and it landed at thirty chapters, but there are major loose ends that I want to tie up. I'm thinking about adding a part three. I think the loose ends would through this part off so I'm going to start on the third part and see what happens