InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Pain, Terror, and Insanity ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho

A/N: In the previous chapter there was some grammatical mistakes, well they're supposed to be there... kind of like the tone of someone talking. You know, so you could distinguishwho was talking and if the voice was strongor not... So yeah, sorry if it was weird. Oh and it gets less confusing, don't worry.

Pain, Terror, and Insanity

Chapter Two

She woke in a cold sweat, ever since her little brother had gone missing and mother and grandpa had died, those dreams had been happening. Maybe the freaky part was that she could never remember her dreams, that the one thing she remembered was that her brother wasn't dead. She remembered what had happened to make him disappear though.

Kagome Higurashi was a pretty girl, she had beyond black hair with silver tips and auburn streaks and her eyes were blue-grey with gold flecks. Her eyes showed no emotions and her face was expressionless. She mainly wore black, silver, or deep red.

You could say Kagome Higurashi, daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece, and cousin, was normal. Living the life of a teenage girl with only two known family members' left, daughter, granddaughter, and sister no longer meant anything. You could say that she lived a quiet, peaceful life, but that wasn't even close to the truth. Kagome got out of bed after checking the alarm clock-6: 30- and went downstairs.

Her cousin helped protect three very important Realms. You kind of noticed the odd disappearances for hours or even days on end. Her aunt never noticed though, she was always passed out on the floor from drinking. She knew what her cousin did, she knew that demons were real, and she knew no one must find out that she knows about demons, that she knows who her cousin is, about the dreams or her powers.

Aunt Atsuko was passed out on the couch and Yusuke had gone on another mission. She quietly went into the kitchen and made a quick breakfast. She ate quickly and raced to finish morning activities. Once done she ran out the door, no one needed to know she, Kagome Higurashi straight A, punk rock chick, was related to THE Yusuke Urameshi. Absolutely no one knew or had ever found out.

Kagome walked to her school and spotted Keiko, her cousin's girlfriend. You could say they were friends, but Kagome rarely talked and when she did, it was either sarcastic or meant something. So instead of giving Keiko the pleasure of listening to her voice, Kagome nodded to her.

"Hey Kagome! Have you seen Yusuke? He stood me up again." Keiko asked making small talk.

Kagome shook her head then paused. "He's coming right now." She whispered. That was another thing about Kagome, when she DID talk, it always came out as a whisper, like she was scared or something.

"Oh is he gonna get a piece of me!" Keiko said as she saw Yusuke come through the gate. She always wondered how Kagome knew when people were coming or going, maybe she had powers...? No, Kagome didn't even know that there were demons in this world! "YUSUKE URAMESHI! How could you have forgotten our date?"

"Er- um... well... Another job came up... eh, heh, heh, heh..." Yusuke stuttered.

"I thought I told you to at least TELL me when a job came up!"

"I didn't have time to, and I sent Botan to tell you..."

"So you're blaming this all on Botan, now are you? Gods Yusuke, you should be more responsible for your actions." Keiko's ranting continued on as Kagome stood there in a trance.

'Two lights shone in the dark, surrounding two people. One figure, the one surrounded in the white light, was about fifteen, maybe sixteen, she had black hair that shone blue with the white light, and had blue-grey eyes. The boy looked ten and was surrounded in a malicious purple. He had dark brown hair and deep brown eyes. They stood there illuminating the dark surrounding them.

"You couldn't save me."

(huh)

Flashes of a boy being pulled into a pit of black bore into the girl's eyes. She couldn't remember...

"You couldn't help me."

(what)

There he stood in a pit of black, the shadow beneath his feet slowly eating him up. She groped for his arm, but she just brushed the fabric of his shirt. He screamed in pain, a hysterical screech that no one heard but her. She tried using her powers, building them into a blast that would hurt the black, but her light just bounced off the shadow. And his scream continued while he yelled words jumbled into unknown sentence. One thing was clear though. He was screaming for her, asking why she wasn't there trying to save him. She covered her ears in hopes of blocking off his voice, but the sound rang in her ears, forever pounding in them. "WHERE ARE YOU SISTER? WHY AREN'T YOU HERE! SAVE ME! HELP ME! please... anyone, please... just help..." The cries quieted down and there stood her brother...'

"Yo, Kagome, you in there?" Yusuke yelled into her ear. Kagome, being defensive, punched him swiftly in the stomach.

"What do you want?" Kagome whispered.

"You were just standing there in a trance or something, what were you thinking about?" Yusuke asked whilst clutching his sore stomach. He knew she was strong, but not THAT strong.

Kagome just ignored him and walked away. Everyone stared at her.

"Yusuke, how did you meet her in the first place? Ever since she came three months ago, she seemed to know you..."

"Oh, I must've forgotten to tell you, Kagome's my cousin." Yusuke said loudly, knowing Kagome would hear him. She hadn't wanted people to know they were related, so when he had said that, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, stopped and stared at Kagome.

Kagome had indeed heard and when everyone was staring at her she slowly turned. She was livid. "Yusuke Urameshi, do you have a death wish?" Kagome asked in that quiet voice of hers.

"Er, eh heh, heh, no?" Yusuke said quietly.

Kagome smirked; she could have fun with this. She could tell her cousin and friends that she knew what he did, they did. She knew that Keiko knew, a little mind digging never hurt, did it? Kagome walked towards her cousin. Slowly, very slowly. "Tell your friends, ALL of your friends, to meet at our house at six." She whispered. With that out of the way she walked back to the school. 'don't forget that pesky demon that hangs out in the tree yusuke' Kagome said through mind speech.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

I realized something, Idon't really care about the reviews (but i would enjoy it if people DID review) I write for my enjoyment and the hope that people like my stories, so I decided to post this chapter.Hope you enjoyed!

-Unknown Shadow-