InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered ❯ Innocent Blood ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shattered
Chapter One: Innocent Blood
 
xXx
 
This is another of my ficcies, and I am planning to at least finish this one…::sweatdrops:: I hope y'all like this new story, I like the idea at least. Well, the only thing I guess I'll leave you with is the summary.
 
Summary: Kagome Higurashi was once a happy, carefree teen that just happened to fight demons and search for Shikon Shards in the Feudal Era of Japan, but now her life hasbeen turned upside down. In a final confrontation with Naraku, Kagome is the only one of the Inu-gumi that survives.Kagome feels she is the one to blame for everyone's death, so she leaves the Feudal Era for good, taking the completed Shikon no Tama with her. Meanwhile, the Reikai Tentei have been assigned a new mission…to protect the woman who possesses the Sacred Jewel of Four Souls.
 
That is one long summary. Does it sound good? If not, I have plenty of little twists to throw into this little story of mine. So stay tuned!
 
On with the ficcie!! ::dun dada duuun::
 
xXx
 
Blood. Everywhere there was blood. The raven-haired girl stared at her hands in shock, they were covered with the sticky red fluid as well. Kagome Higurashi looked around the battlefield in a mix of disbelief and horror; she glanced at her fallen comrades. Each one had been killed so quickly, she felt the sting of tears at the corners of her eyes.
 
She was sitting on the ground, the wind blew up the dirt around her. A deep wound was inflicted on her side, the result of Kagura's wind blades. But now she could care less about her own injuries. Her friends were dead…and she felt that she was to blame.
 
Kagome began to sob as she gazed upon the bloody and battered bodies of Shippo and Kirara, who lay side by side in a puddle of blood. Her chocolate orbs glanced across the far side of the battlefield, where Miroku's body lay, embracing Sango's limp form. He had died with her.
 
He had stayed beside her until his own death. Sango had been stabbed from behind by Kohaku; the sword penetrated through her back and emerged through her stomach. Kagome could still remember Kohaku's sinister smile as he licked his sister's own blood from the blade.
 
Miroku had rushed to Sango's side as soon as she hit the ground, her blood flowed freely from her wound. She had run to help Sango as soon as she could, but then realized there was little that could be done, some of the demon slayer's vital organs had been punctured.
 
Kagome remembered the conversation Sango and Miroku had shared before Sango left this world. With weak eyes, Sango looked at Miroku and said with a laugh, “Looks like I won't be bearing your child…”
 
Miroku had become teary eyed and stroked back a piece of Sango's hair, “That doesn't matter anymore, Sango,” He choked on his words, “It doesn't matter.”
 
“Miroku…” Sango had smiled, “I-I hope you have a happy life…” She trailed off and closed her eyes for the last time, Miroku clenched her lifeless form and sobbed into her hair. “Sango…Sango…” He kept repeating.
 
Kagome knelt near Sango's body and began to cry with Miroku, that is until Kagura caught up with them. She had used her wind blades and finished off Miroku, who had no longer the will to live, let alone fight off Kagura.
 
Kagome clenched her fists tighter as she remembered Inuyasha's undoing. Naraku had summoned Kikyo to fight on his side. Inuyasha had suffered the same fate as he did fifty years ago. He couldn't bear to kill Kikyo. His Kikyo. He tried to dodge that fatal arrow that pierced his heart, but couldn't and was pinned to the tree once again. Inuyasha was still breathing. Kikyo had only intended to cast a spell on Inuyasha, as she had done before.
 
Naraku caught on to that little plan of hers and walked up to Inuyasha, sword in hand, and finished the job.
 
Kagome felt even more tears fall and patter onto her pleated skirt. She clenched her bow tight in her left hand and remembered what Naraku had told Kagura, Kanna, and Kohaku.
 
“Leave the girl, she can't do anything to us without her friends to lean on.” And with that, Naraku had left with a smile blatantly visible on his face.
 
Kagome felt a little relief, remembering that they had left the most valuable thing in her possession, her bloody fingers clasped around it and brought it to her face. She examined it.
 
The Shikon no Tama.
 
xXx
 
Yusuke Urameshi walked down the corridors of the Reikai's office with the other members of the Reikai Tentei. Kuwabara had a goofy expression on his face, `Probably thinking about Yukina,' Yusuke thought as he rolled his eyes. Hiei had the usual `I hate everything' look on his face, and Kurama looked as smart as he always did.
 
His fingers wrapped around the doorknob and he walked into Koenma's office. Yusuke made it obvious that he was annoyed. “What do you want now, toddler?”
 
“Hey!” Koenma exclaimed, obviously offended. “Shut up about that, will you?”
 
“Whatever.” Yusuke crossed his arms and let out a `humph'. Kuwabara walked over to Koenma's desk and slammed his hands down on the smooth surface.
 
“What do we have to do, Koenma?” He smiled goofily.
 
“He's the only fool who would be excited about a mission…” Hiei said sarcastically, closing his eyes.
 
“Shut it, shrimp!”
 
“Don't get into a fight, you two,” Kurama consoled, waving his hands slightly, as if to quell their tempers.
 
Botan stood beside Koenma's desk, smiling brightly as she always did. It was very rare to see a frown on the cheerful grim reaper's face. “We have a new case for you,” She said, pulling down the sleeve of her kimono.
 
“Well, we kinda guessed that one, Botan,” Yusuke said crassly, glaring at her. Botan smiled sheepishly and immediately became quiet.
 
“Don't be so mean, Yusuke,” Kurama sympathized, he felt like the peacemaker in this rag-tag team of fighters. He ran a hand through his long red locks and sighed deeply, wishing that most of these youkai that tried to destroy the Ningenkai would just leave them alone. “What is the mission, Koenma?”
 
“Well, have any of you heard of the sacred Shikon no Tama?” The ruler of Reikai asked, looking at each of them.
 
“I don't think so,” was Kurama's reply. Yusuke just rolled his eyes for the hundredth time that day. Kuwabara looked dumbfounded, either that or he was thinking about Yukina. Hiei just looked like he didn't give a damn.
 
“Okay, here it goes,” Koenma took a deep breath before he explained, “The Shikon no Tama is a very powerful jewel that was once guarded by the priestess named Kikyo, who would stop at nothing to kill anything that tried to take the jewel. She knew a hanyou by the name of Inuyasha, they were happy until a youkai called Naraku interfered. Naraku disguised himself as Inuyasha and deeply injured Kikyo. Feeling betrayed by the one person she trusted more that anyone, Kikyo pinned Inuyasha to a sacred God Tree with an enchanted arrow…”
 
“So what?” Yusuke asked dully.
 
“Let me finish,” Koenma commanded, “After she pinned him to the tree, Kikyo then died herself of her injuries. Inuyasha lay dormant for fifty years until a girl, the reincarnation of Kikyo, Kagome Higurashi, was dragged into a well because of the Shikon no Tama that was inside of her. She released Inuyasha, and in a freak accident, the jewel was shattered into hundreds of pieces, and she and Inuyasha were sent to retrieve them.” He cleared his throat and continued. “Well, we found out that this morning, Kagome was nearly killed in the Feudal Era and is coming back to our time for good so she won't be going back into the well for a while.” He closed his eyes. “Turns out, all of Kagome's comrades; Sango, a demon slayer; Miroku, a monk with a cursed `hell-hole' in his hand; Shippo, a fox youkai; and of course, Inuyasha, the hanyou; were killed in battle against Naraku.”
 
“That's terrible,” Kurama whispered sympathetically.
 
“So, what's the mission?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“Kagome still has the Shikon no Tama with her, which is now whole,” Koenma explained, “She is sure to be the target of thousands of youkai who want to become an A-class, or even an S-class youkai.”
 
Koenma continued, “Your mission is to protect Kagome from the youkai that might want to kill her and obtain the Shikon no Tama for themselves.”
 
xXx
 
Kagome climbed out of the well and walked out of the mini shrine. She wiped some tears from her eyes and sighed. She knew she had to tell her mother what had happened, but part of her didn't want to. It was too painful. She felt even more tears prick the corners of her russet eyes.
 
The Shikon no Tama glittered a sparkling purple around her neck, as if it understood. Kagome sighed and clenched her fingers around the jewel. She couldn't believe that the jewel was in her possession. Before his death, Inuyasha had grabbed it from around Kikyo's neck and threw it at Kagome, saying, “Take it and hide!” There was a pleading look deep in his amber eyes.
 
Kagome had done as he told, even though she would have rather fought alongside them, but Inuyasha had yelled at her when she grabbed her bow and shot an arrow at Kagura. The wind sorcerer had only scoffed at her attempt to wound her and deflected the arrow back at her with her wind dance. The blades had cut her up pretty bad when Inuyasha yelled, “Kagome, leave!” with as much fervor as he could.
 
Kagome saw that he clearly wanted her to leave when he said, “Kagome, you need to live on!” He yelled when Naraku had released millions of poison insects on him, “Go!”
 
Kagome had only shaken her head in stubbornness. She pulled out another arrow and fired it at Kanna, injuring her. Kohaku then saw her and charged at her, sword in hand.
 
Kohaku had slashed her arm with the sword and was going to finish the job when Sango hurled her Hiraikotsu at him, that action had led her to her demise. Then, Sango had fought Kohaku until the bitter end, when she was caught off guard.
 
After the death of Sango and Miroku, Kagome had witnessed Kikyo pinning Inuyasha to the tree and ran toward him, crying. “Inuyasha,” She had cried, she ran over to him and threw herself over his body and began sobbing into his kimono. “No, Inuyasha, you can't die…”
 
She heard Inuyasha moan, “Do you think this is ironic?”
 
Kagome looked up at the hanyou, “What's ironic?” Her tears spilled onto his shirt.
 
“This is how we first met, Kagome,” Inuyasha said with a weak smile.
 
Then it struck the reincarnation, it was how they first met, wasn't it?
 
“Do you think you can pull out this arrow…again?” Inuyasha chuckled lightly, despite his condition, Kagome nodded in determination; she reached for the arrow and grabbed it, tugging with all her might.
 
“It won't budge!” Kagome exclaimed, “Why?!”
 
“It's a new spell,” Kikyo had said, walking over to the two. “No one but I can remove it.”
 
“Why are you doing this?” Kagome pleaded, even more tears falling, “You loved him!”
 
“You're right, and that's why he must go to hell with me,” Kikyo said with a smirk on her face. Kagome turned around to look behind her; there standing next to Kikyo was Naraku, looking as smug as ever.
 
Kikyo stepped back and watched Naraku finish the job, he said gruffly, “Move, wench, or I shall kill you with him,”
 
Kagome glared hatefully at him, “No! If you kill him, you'll have to kill me too!” Inuyasha looked down at her, stunned. “K-Kagome…” He muttered.
 
“I said `move'!” Naraku had grabbed Kagome and slung her off of the hanyou and onto the cold ground below. She lifted her head in time to see Inuyasha slain, by his biggest enemy.
 
“Inuyasha, no!” She had yelled in tears.
 
Kagome began to cry, remembering his last moments, “Why did this happen?” She questioned, “Everything was going so well…” She had realized that she didn't care if he chose Kikyo over her; she knew she had to just step back and let fate take its course. As long as he was living…that was all that mattered to her…but not even that could come true.
 
She had buried Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Kirara in graves in front of the God Tree, of course, she didn't want to just leave the bodies where Naraku's castle use to be. She buried Sango next to Miroku, Inuyasha beside Miroku and Shippo, and Kirara beside her master. Each of the mounds of dirt had a headstone with their name carved delicately into it. The graves weren't too deep, but she had managed to dig a shallow grave for each of her friends.
 
In respect, she prayed for each of the souls of her friends, then took her bag, bow and arrows and left.
 
Kaede had said her goodbyes from her bed, as she was getting sick and frail, and Kagome feared that she too would be gone soon.
 
Kagome snapped herself out of her sad memories and began to walk to her house; she looked down at her wound. The blood was caked onto her white shirt and green skirt she no longer cared for her own injuries, let alone her old life of school and other friends.
 
She entered the house and was greeted by the, “Welcome back, Kagome!” by her mother, but then the concerned cries of, “What happened to you, sweetie?!” Mrs. Higurashi was stunned by the appearance of her normally bright daughter. Her eyes, once full of life, were now dreary and dull. She looked like she had just gotten out of a bad fight, which she had.
 
“I'm not going to the Feudal Era anymore…it's not worth it…” Kagome's voice was monotonous as she plopped her yellow bag onto the floor beside the kitchen table and walked upstairs to the bathroom.
 
xXx
 
Kagome placed a foot daintily into the water and sank into the bathtub. The blood washed off of her side and mixed in with the water, giving it a rustic brown color. She took a towel, lathered it with soap and began to wash off. `What's the point of going to the Feudal Era anymore?' She thought sadly, `It'll only bring back sad memories anyway…' She felt more tears threaten to come, `No, Kagome, you have to be strong…no more tears…'
 
But she couldn't help it, more of the salty teardrops welled in her eyes and she leaned over, racked with sobs. She just stared at the water as the pure tears mixed with the dirty water. `It's no use…I can't stop crying…'
 
“I would rather see Kikyo with Inuyasha than see him dead,” Kagome confessed truthfully. “But…none of that matters now, I have to go back to my normal life for good,” She wiped some tears away with her thumb. “Even though I don't want to.”
 
She began to wash her ebony hair. Once she was done, she stepped out of the tub and wrapped a towel over her bare form. She walked into her room - the bathroom was connected to her room at her convenience - and pulled out a blue pleated skirt and a white long sleeved blouse with a blue trim around the neckline, sleeves, and around the bottom from the closet. She slipped some socks on her feet as well.
 
Once fully dressed, she walked downstairs and poured herself a cup of hot cocoa. She then walked back up the stairs to her room and sat down on her bed.
 
Sipping the thick creamy liquid, she thought about her friends at school and anything at school she had missed.
 
`I hope everything goes well tomorrow…' Kagome thought somberly, staring at her reflection in the cocoa.
 
xXx
 
Thank you for sparing your time reading this piece of crap that I have written. I hope you review because it would sure make my day. I'm going to put a pairing in it, as you might have guessed already.
 
Now, make me happy and press that little purple button and review!
 
xXx