InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered ❯ New Students, New Friends ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shattered
Chapter Two: New Students, New Friends
 
xXx
 
Okay thank you for your reviews, I am sooooo happy! Please continue to read this little story of mine…PLEASE?! Heh, heh, heh…I'm kinda weird like that. So I hope that you enjoy chapter two of my first crossover story. I know I am enjoying writing it.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own YYH or IY…so shut up!!
 
Now, on with the ficcie!! ::dun dada duuun::
 
xXx
 
Kagome woke up the next morning and yawned, she had not had a good sleep last night. She was plagued by the images of her friends in her dreams. But she knew she had to put what had happened yesterday aside and look like nothing had happened, because her friends were sure to ask if she felt bad until Kagome felt like punching them in the face.
 
She climbed out of her bed and dragged out her school uniform from inside her closet. She pulled on the shirt thinking, `Same old uniform, same old boring school day.' Kagome used to wish she would at least pass the ninth grade, but now…she didn't know what to think anymore.
 
She slipped her skirt on and then heard her mother shout, “Kagome, you'll be late!” Even though she was so sad, Kagome felt that adrenaline rush to get to school so she wouldn't be tardy.
 
She rushed down the stairs and yelled, “See ya, Mom!” Then she ran out the door, book bag around her shoulder.
 
Kagome ran as fast as she could to get to school in time, hopefully she didn't have to explain why she just now decided to come, she was so tired of all the fake illnesses that Grandpa had come up with over the last few months. She didn't think she could remember what illness she “had”.
 
She ran across the street and then stopped, something in the tree caught her eye all of a sudden, `What was that?' She thought in wonder.
 
Then the thing that she saw zoomed out of the tree and into another one right beside it. “Huh?” Kagome was stumped, what was that thing in the tree? No person could move that fast.
 
She was snapped out of her thoughts by the ring of the school bell, “No! I'm late!” She shouted, and began to run at full speed once again.
 
xXx
 
Kurama sat down and watched all the girls come into the class, not one of them looked like the picture Koenma had shown them just this morning. This Kagome was a very attractive young woman with raven black hair, caramel brown eyes and a good complexion. All the girls coming in were giving him looks, as if they thought he was cute. They all wore make-up as well, something that Kagome's picture didn't show.
 
Then Kurama saw Hiei walk into the classroom, the girls also gave him a passing glance as well, “Kurama, I followed the girl to school as the toddler commanded,” He said, obviously hating the fact that he had to listen to the ruler of Reikai.
 
Then a blonde girl piped up over Kurama's shoulder, “Kurama? Is that your name?” She smiled at the red head. She was definitely pretty, long blonde hair that caressed her shoulders, dark blue eyes and a slender frame. “My name's Rei, but everyone calls me Neko, it's nice to meet you,” She held out her hand, Rei was clearly trying to flirt with the kitsune, but Kurama wasn't here for that.
 
“Nice to meet you too,” Kurama shook hands with the blonde, `Don't tell me all of the girls here are going to be just like the ones at my other school…'
 
“Hey, girls, his name is Kurama!” Rei called over to her other friends, Kurama just sweatdropped. Some girls sighed dreamily behind him.
 
“Actually it's Shuiichi…” Kurama tried to reason with the hyper girl, but to no use.
 
“But…`Kurama' sounds much more sexier.” Rei said, almost purring, Hiei just stared at Kurama and the blonde in shock.
 
Then Yusuke, Botan, and Kuwabara came in through the door, “Man, there are some hot chicks here!” Kuwabara exclaimed, folding his hands behind his head in a boyish gesture.
 
“Yukina wouldn't appreciate this, Kuwabara,” Botan warned as she waved a finger.
 
“Well, Kurama looks like the life of the party over there now, doesn't he?” Yusuke stated the obvious. “Fox boy has all the girls wrapped around his finger…”
 
“You have Keiko,” Kuwabara reminded, “She's hot too…”
 
“You shut up, Kuwabara!” Yusuke threatened.
 
“Just stating the truth, Urameshi,” Kuwabara said, “What, you think she'll leave you or something?”
 
“We aren't even together, you moron!”
 
“You act like it.”
 
“Shut up!”
 
In the midst of their fight, they didn't notice the teacher, Mr. Yamoto, walk past them and take his seat at his desk. “Good morning, class,” He said with a smile, “Today we have some new students joining us-”
 
He was interrupted by the door slamming open. “Sorry, I'm late!” The apologetic voice of a girl said as she stood in the doorway, panting from obviously running to school. The raven haired girl walked to her desk and sat down, the Reikai Tentei realized her to be Kagome Higurashi, the girl they were sent to protect.
 
“It's nice to see you again, Kagome,” Mr. Yamoto said, sending a bright smile in her direction, “Now, as I was saying, we have some new students with us today, please make them feel comfortable,” He said, motioning towards the mentioned students to come foreward, “Meet, Yusuke Urameshi, Kazuma Kuwabara, Hiei Jaganshi, Botan Kato and Shuiichi Minamino,”
 
“But he likes to be called Kurama!” Rei yelled out, smiling in a flirtatious way.
 
“Okay then, Kurama,” Mr. Yamoto said, testing out the new name.
 
Kagome looked at each of the new students with a curious eye, she didn't know what it was, but she felt a powerful aura radiating off of them, especially Yusuke, Hiei and Kurama.
 
`That's weird,' she thought, cocking an eyebrow.
 
xXx
 
Lunch came quickly for Kagome, as she was bored and not listening to a word the teachers had been saying for the past few hours. She sat under a tree and chewed on the sandwich she had bought from the snack stand. “Kagome, how is your arthritis?” came the concerned voice of Hojo, who was now standing in front of her, looking down at the reincarnation.
 
“Arthritis?” Kagome said the word like she knew nothing about the condition, “Oh! I'm cured, it's nothing.” She laughed nervously, scratching her head.
 
“Alright,” Hojo said, handing her a package, “Here, get well soon,” He smiled and walked away.
 
Kagome opened the present and saw that Hojo had gotten her a stuffed white dog, she felt the tears well in her eyes, `Inuyasha…'
 
Of all the luck, Kagome's friends Yumi, Asaka and Mimi walked up to her and spotted her crying, “What's the matter, Kagome?” Yumi asked in deep concern, “We helped Hojo pick out that present.”
 
“Yes,” Mimi said, “You don't like it?”
 
“No, it's not that…” Kagome said, stroking the stuffed dog's soft, pointed ears. “The gift has me moved to tears!” Kagome exclaimed, smiling in fake happiness.
 
“Oh, okay,” Asaka said, smiling at her like she was weird, “Well, talk to ya later, Kagome,” Yumi, Asaka and Mimi then walked away, leaving Kagome to ponder about Inuyasha's death once again
 
“Bye,” Kagome said, her voice cracking.
 
She sat the dog safely inside her backpack and went back to eating her sandwich, until she was interrupted again, this time by Rei and her new “boy toy”, the new guy with red hair. “Hey, Kagome, how're you?” Rei said, clutching onto the boy's arm tighter, “Still have the flu?”
 
“No, I'm all better now,” Kagome said, focusing her thoughts on eating her sandwich.
 
“Have you met Kurama?” Rei said in an arrogant way, “He's new here, along with Hiei, Yusuke, the ugly dude and the whore…”
 
Kurama's eyes narrowed in anger, he grabbed Rei's wrist and squeezed tight, almost breaking it, “Botan is not a whore,” He said, a dangerous iciness lacing every word. “Kuwabara might not live up to your standards of `hotness', but he is still a very loyal person, so next time, think before you speak,”
 
“Kurama, you're hurting my wrist…”
 
Kurama then realized that he indeed had nearly broken the blonde's wrist, he let go and pulled himself away from Rei's grasp. “Sorry, Rei, do you think you can leave me alone for a while?”
 
“Yeah, sure,” Rei said, smiling and rubbing her reddened hand. She then sauntered away, leaving Kurama and Kagome alone together.
 
“So,” Kagome said, eating the last bit of her sandwich.
 
“So…” Kurama replied, “You're Kagome Higurashi, am I correct?”
 
“Yup,” Kagome answered, “How'd you know?”
 
“I've heard around.” Kurama answered honestly.
 
“Really, what have you heard about me?” Kagome said, the answer obviously quirking her interest.
 
“Just that you were sick a lot,” Kurama lied, “You must be a very unlucky person to have all of those diseases.”
 
Kagome sweatdropped and laughed, “Well, I, um, I guess so…”
 
Ring, riiiiiiing, ring. The bell for sixth period rang throughout the school. “What class do you have next?” Kurama asked.
 
“P.E.” She said, standing up and brushing her skirt off.
 
“Same here,” Kurama said, smiling at her, “We better get going,”
 
“Yeah,” Kagome returned the smile.
 
xXx
 
“Today, we will be learning about archery,” The physical education teacher, Mr. Mamoru, said, pointing to a target and then to a bucket of arrows and a bow, “Target, bow, arrows, BAM! You got archery, simple as that, isn't it class?”
 
The class nodded in dull unison, Kagome sighed, `At least P.E. is going to be easy for me today,' She thought, finally seeing the bright side of the day.
 
“Who would like to go first?” Mr. Mamoru asked politely.
 
Kagome raised her hand almost shyly, “I'll give it a shot, Mr. Mamoru,”
 
“Alright, Kagome, there's the bow and arrows, go nuts,” He said pointing once again to the weapons.
 
`Of course she goes first, she is the reincarnation of a master archer,' Hiei thought sarcastically.
 
Kagome stood in front of one of the targets and lined up the arrow carefully with the bow, stretching back the string, she took aim and fired, the arrow made a thunk when it connected with the target. It made a bull's-eye.
 
“Wow, Kagome, great job!” Mr. Mamoru complimented, patting the girl on the shoulder, “I didn't know you were this good at archery.”
 
“Well, it requires a lot of practice.” Kagome humbly replied, blushing.
 
The Reikai Tentei looked at her, trying to comprehend the power that she had just shown. When she had fired the arrow, a white light surrounded the arrow, of course no one but Kagome and the Tentei had seen it because no one else had the powers that they had.
 
`She is very strong,' Botan thought, placing a finger to her lips, `But she must only be strong with the bow, because otherwise Koenma would've never made us become bodyguards for her.'
 
xXx
 
Kagome walked home by herself that day, she felt tired and sad. She hated the fact that she was so depressed all the time now, but who could blame her? All her loyal friends from the Feudal Era had been murdered just yesterday. She sighed and began to imagine what she would be doing if none of that had happened.
 
She probably would be riding her bike alongside Sango, who would be walking. Miroku would be behind them, thinking a way to grope Sango without getting his face rearranged. And Inuyasha…Inuyasha would probably be silently walking beside Miroku, or fighting with Shippo, who would be riding on the back of her bike with Kirara.
 
She missed the Feudal Era and her friends deeply and wished that she could be with them right now, instead of in her own time, being bored to death by math teachers.
 
But she had met some interesting characters today, the brash Yusuke Urameshi, the goofy Kazuma Kuwabara, the compassionate Botan Kato, the mysterious Hiei Jaganshi and the charming Kurama that was a girl magnet.
 
She gasped when she saw the stuffed dog roll out of her backpack and into a dark alley. Kagome walked into the alley and began to feel around on the ground, “Where is it?” She wondered aloud, she then felt something fuzzy, “Aha!” She exclaimed, bringing the white dog to her face, “There you are,” She smiled and looked at the dog's face. It was a very cute stuffed toy.
 
When she tried to walk out of the alley, she ran into someone, “Oops, sorry…I didn't mean to run into you.” She said apologetically.
 
“What's a pretty girl like you doing in an alley?” A deep husky voice said, Kagome looked up into the face of a bulky man with messy black hair and brown eyes. “You could run into someone like me.”
 
Kagome got scared at the tone of his voice, “What do you want?!” She demanded, stepping back. She couldn't move anywhere, she was backed up against a wall.
 
The man took his hand and grabbed her neck and pushed her deep against the wall. With the other hand, he unzipped his pants. Kagome screamed, “Help! Please?!” She knew what the man was going to do, “Anybody?!”
 
No one came, so Kagome took her fate in her own hands, she pushed off the wall as much as she could and kicked the guy in the crotch. He let go of her and doubled over in pain. She had to get out of the alley, but when she turned the corner and tried to get out, she saw two figures blocking her way, “What'd you do to Kai?” One of the men boomed loudly.
 
“I-I…” Kagome didn't have time to answer, she was immediately attacked by the other man, he knocked her to the ground. She fell on her stomach and looked up at the men, the one who had tried to hurt her before came and stood beside them, “What do you have to say before we kill you?” He said with a venomous tone.
 
Kagome tried to get up, but her ankle was hurting, twisted she guessed. She winced in pain, “Nothing, eh?” One of the men said, taking out a gun. “Die!”
 
Before he fired the shot, an icy voice said, “Rose whip!”
 
Out of nowhere, a rope made of a vine slashed at the gunman's hand, he dropped the gun in pain, “Damn it!” He cursed.
 
In a flash, a man swooped out of the shadows and knocked out each of the men, `What's there?' Kagome thought.
 
She then felt a pair of strong arms scoop her up, she closed her eyes when she felt that they were jumping up to on top of one of the buildings. Kagome was laid down beside the railing of one of the buildings. She leant against it and sighed, looking up at her rescuer, he stood in front of her. He had long white hair that graced his lower back and two pointed ears resting atop his head. His eyes were a stunning golden amber color. He wore a white tunic and had a furry white tail.
 
`Inuyasha?!'
 
xXx
 
There's the end of chapter two! I hope you like it, and I would really appreciate it if you reviewed! Please? Well, that's about all I have left to say.
 
See ya, dudes!
 
xXx