InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered ❯ Mistaken Identities ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shattered
Chapter Three: Mistaken Identities
 
xXx
 
Thanks for all of your beautiful reviews, they are just gorgeous! ::sweatdrops:: Yeah, I'm weird, I know that all ready. So, I hope you enjoy the third chapter of this stupid little story of mine. Here's the disclaimer!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha!
 
So, on with the ficcie!! ::dun dada duuun::
 
xXx
 
Kagome stared at the tall figure in front of her, her mind was telling her that he was Inuyasha…but that was impossible, Inuyasha was dead! Wasn't he? Of course he was! But…then who exactly was her mysterious rescuer?
 
“Are you alright?” The man asked, looking her over. Now that Kagome could get a closer look at him, he was slightly different that the hanyou. First off, Inuyasha's ears were smaller; second, Inuyasha didn't have any tail whatsoever; lastly, the man's voice was deeper than the dog hanyou's.
 
But still, Kagome stared up in wonder at the face of her rescuer, he was definitely a youkai, she decided. She finally found words to say, “Yeah, but my ankle hurts a little…I think I might have sprained it.”
 
“Here,” The man held out a small bottle of purple liquid, “This will help with any of your injuries,” He gave it to the girl and smiled. He jumped onto the top of the railing with perfect balance, “Be careful next time.”
 
Kagome looked at the bottle and then at the mysterious ivory haired guy, before he jumped out of sight, she called out to him, “Can I at least know your name?”
 
The man stopped and stared at her with his penetrating golden eyes, those same eyes that Inuyasha had. His look softened when he said, “Youko,” He looked straight into her caramel brown eyes, “Call me Youko,” He then jumped off to the next building's roof, and then to the next, and so on with incredible speed.
 
`Youko…' Kagome thought bewilderedly, stroking the smooth bottle with her fingertips.
 
xXx
 
Kurama arrived home a few minutes after his brief encounter with Kagome, sighing to himself he thought, `I'm just glad that we decided to not tell her that we were there to protect her…it's better that way, and at least she didn't realize that I was Youko.'
 
“Welcome home, Shuiichi,” His mother, Shiori greeted at the door, taking his backpack and setting it on the floor. “How was your day at school?”
 
“It was okay, mother.” The kitsune replied, smiling warmly, “It was surprisingly good for a first day at a new school.”
 
“That's great,” Shiori said, smiling in return.
 
“I have some homework I have to attend to, I'll be in my room,” Kurama said, retrieving his bag and walking upstairs.
 
“I won't disturb you, Shuiichi,” Shiori called to her son, who was halfway up the stairs.
 
“Thanks, mother,” Kurama called back, shutting the door to his room. He threw his bag onto his bed and walked to the window and looked out of it, where he saw Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei, and Botan standing there, looking up at him. He opened the window.
 
“Just come in, the door's open,” He assured.
 
A few minutes later, the five friends were upstairs in Kurama's bedroom. “What'd you want us here for, fox?” Hiei asked, glaring at the room.
 
“Hiei, you were supposed to be following Kagome home from school,” Kurama scolded the fire youkai, “I had to save her from these thugs who had cornered her in an alley, they looked like they were about to rape and kill her.”
 
Hiei rolled his eyes while Yusuke asked, “Did she recognize it was you?”
 
“No, I transformed into Youko Kurama before I saved her,” Kurama explained calmly. “She kept looking at me in a weird way, though,”
 
Botan's eyes went wide, “Have you seen a picture of Inuyasha?” When the Tentei shook their heads no, she pulled out her book of info on everyone on earth. “See?” She held out the page with Inuyasha's photo on it and showed it to them; no one said anything until…
 
“That looks just like Youko Kurama!” Kuwabara exclaimed.
 
“It really does, except Youko has a tail,” Yusuke agreed, “And Youko's ears are larger.”
 
“It's easy to see why she might have looked at you funny, you do have a striking resemblance to Inuyasha when in your Youko form,” Botan pointed out, closing the book and placed the book back into her kimono sleeve. “Poor Kagome…” Her lavender eyes took on a sad look, “She must be so sad.”
 
Kurama closed his eyes in sorrow and remembered the look of pure wonder on Kagome's face when she first laid eyes on the kitsune. She had looked like she had seen a ghost. `She probably is sad…I'd be too if any one of my friends died as well.'
 
xXx
 
Koenma, in his teenage form, looked through all of his papers on his desk, “Hm, wonder what is going on with the Kagome case right now,” His question was answered when Botan walked through the door of his office, “Hello, Botan, how is everything?”
 
“Oh, well, I woke up this morning and I combed my hair, and then I realized that I needed to talk to Keiko about something and-” Botan recalled the first part of her day when she was interrupted by Koenma.
 
“I mean with the Kagome case.”
 
“Of course, Koenma-sama, how silly of me!” Botan exclaimed, laughing nervously. “Kurama saved Kagome from these mean thugs that were trying to rape her, but he turned into his Youko form so she wouldn't realize it was him.” Botan smiled, finishing her statement.
 
“Wasn't Hiei supposed to be following her home?” Koenma asked, his eyes narrowing, “What happened to him?”
 
“Well I don't now, he didn't really say why, but I'm guessing it's the same old thing about humans that Hiei doesn't like. His youkai pride…” Botan explained the best she could.
 
“Very well, Botan, just make sure it doesn't happen again.”
 
“Yes sir!” Botan said, saluting Koenma, who sweatdropped.
 
xXx
 
Yusuke walked away from Kurama's house with his hands in his pockets, instead of going home, he was going to go visit Keiko and see if she was okay. The last thing he needed was her getting kidnapped by an S-class youkai and him having to save her.
 
But, if she was, he would do anything to save her.
 
He took his hands out of his pockets abruptly and folded them behind his head. He turned the corner and saw the Yukimura residence. He walked over to the door fast when he saw that the door was open.
 
Yusuke burst through the door not to see Keiko being held captive by a youkai, but her cheek being kissed by the blonde Asato Kido. His chocolate brown eyes widened dangerously in anger.
 
“Y-Yusuke?!” Keiko gasped, blushing.
 
“Kido.” Yusuke acknowledged in a serious tone.
 
“Urameshi.” Asato returned the `greeting' with the same ferocity. “What're you doing here?”
 
“I came here to check on Keiko.”
 
“Why? She's perfectly fine with me.”
 
“I can't trust that.” Yusuke snapped with venom.
 
“Why can't you?” Asato replied, glaring at him, “I was your ally when we fought Sensui.” He smiled. “You trusted me then.”
 
“You mean when I fought Sensui,” Yusuke corrected, “Your ass was in a hospital bed.”
 
“Why don't you leave me and Keiko be?” Asato asked. “Can't you see that she chose me over you? I'm the real man here!”
 
“Ha! You a real man?” Yusuke scoffed, “You gotta be kidding me!”
 
“What's the joke, Urameshi?”
 
Yusuke bit his lip, this couldn't possibly be happening! Keiko must be brainwashed or something, maybe Kido had another power that he didn't know about? He said nothing.
 
“What? Do you know that I'm right and you're hopelessly alone now?” Asato spat.
 
“I'll challenge you to a fight right now!” Yusuke challenged, he was tired with this battle of words, “Real men fight with their fists, but I'm not so sure that you're one.”
 
“Man enough for Keiko.”
 
“Shut the hell up, you bastard!” Yusuke punched Asato straight in the face, sending him sprawling backward and crashing into a bookshelf.
 
The blonde spat out blood and wiped the rest from his injured cheek, “You are superior to me in strength, but when it comes to Keiko…” He was cut off by Yusuke kicking him in the side.
 
“Didn't I tell you to shut up?!” Yusuke was about to kick him again when…
 
“Yusuke, please stop!” Keiko yelled, rushing over to Asato and helping him up. “I think it's best you leave now.”
 
“Keiko…” Yusuke's eyes softened, then they glared daggers at Kido, “Fine! I don't need you! I'm gonna go eat ice cream and have a stupendous freakin' day damn it!”
 
“I'm sorry, Yusuke…”
 
“Don't worry about it Keiko, just…” Yusuke paused to think for the words to say, “…just don't settle for scum like this guy…you can do better…a lot better…”
 
With that, the scorned detective stormed out the door, leaving Keiko and Asato mystified in his wake.
 
`Yusuke…'
 
xXx
 
Kagome walked to her house, she couldn't stop thinking about the mysterious Youko she had met just a few minutes ago. She wondered where he had come from and why he looked so much like Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha…
 
This is how we first met, Kagome…
 
She had to get those words out of her head and stop dwelling on the past. She just had to or it would drive her absolutely insane.
 
Youko…Call me Youko…
 
His voice still gave her chills; it was so deep and smooth. He didn't stutter at all. His image was plastered into her thoughts, she couldn't help it, he did bear a striking resemblance to Inuyasha…
 
Was that why she felt herself drawn to him? Kagome's brow creased in thought. She wanted to know more about him for some odd reason.
 
She turned the corner and walked the remaining distance to her house, where her mother was waiting for her. “Kagome, how was school?” She asked. Her voice was concerned. Kagome had told her what had happened and she had cried along with her last night. She sighed; maybe it was a mistake to tell her mom what happened. Now she would ask her every five minutes, “How are you, honey?” when she really didn't want to talk to Mrs. Higurashi at all.
 
“It was good, mom,” Kagome replied. “We got some new students today; their names are Yusuke, Hiei, Botan, Kuwabara and Kurama.”
 
“That's good, honey.”
 
“I'm gonna go do my homework in my room,” Kagome took off her shoes and walked upstairs to her room.
 
She threw herself onto her bed, sobbing freely. He just had to let it all out once and for all. Her tears splashed against the pink fabric of her pillowcase. She then had an idea. Kagome reached around her neck and stroked the smooth surface of the Shikon no Tama.
 
She took it off from around her slender neck and held it in her hands. “I've heard somewhere that you can grant one wish…”
 
The purple jewel sparkled as if saying `yes'.
 
“Well, do you think you could…?” Kagome paused, “If it is in your power…”
 
She finally said the request, “Please, Shikon no Tama…please just spare one of my friends from the grave…please?” She begged.
 
Suddenly, the Shikon no Tama glowed with a blinding bright purple light. “Ah!” Kagome yelped. The light shot out of the window and into the mini shrine. Kagome clenched the jewel tighter in her hands and rushed to the window just in time to see the light shoot in the door.
 
“Did it…work?”
 
xXx
 
Kaede walked to the sacred God Tree that afternoon with her bow and arrows strapped to her back, she needed fresh air to help with her healing after having that sickness that was passing from village to village lately.
 
She then came upon the graves, she sighed as a wind blew her grey hair around her. `Poor child…this must be so hard for her…'
 
She was lost deep in thought when a shining purple light shot out of the sky and smashed into one of the mounds of dirt, “What in the world?!” Kaede exclaimed, stepping back and covering her face with the sleeve of her kimono.
 
After the light had passed and the dust had cleared, Kaede looked up at the figure that stood before her; the dirt grave was dug up around the person. Her eyes widened in awe, staring straight at the figure before her that had emerged from one of the dirt mounds.
 
“How can this be?” She gasped in shock.
 
xXx
 
The end of chapter three! Yay! Poor Yuu-kun, you know I love him, but this adds some spice to the story, does it not? Unlike other stories, Keiko will not be a bitch in this one, to tell you the truth; I really like Keiko's character!
 
Ooohh, someone's life has been spared! Was it too soon to bring him/her back? I hope not, but I was bored and I didn't know what to do so shut up!
 
I hope y'all like this story so far, I am enjoying writing it.
 
So now, please press that gorgeous purple button down there and review!
 
See ya!
 
xXx