InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of Mine ❯ Ten Years Later ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sister of Mine
Chapter 6: Ten Years Later
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, or InuYasha
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
~Ten years later~
 
Kurama walked into the kitchen where Sky and Kuronue were currently sharing a sundae. Kurama, who was in his Yoko form since he mated with Rika five years ago, simply nodded to them in acknowledgement they were there.
 
“Another midnight craving Yoko?” Kuronue half asked, half teased.
 
Kurama nodded his head as he opened the refrigerator. “I don't even know what skuzzies are.”
 
Sky smiled. “Yoko, skuzzies are what we call mint ice cream with chocolate syrup and whipped topping.” She explained.
 
“Oh.” Kurama pulled out said ingredients and a bowl and placed it on the counter. “Why didn't she just say that?”
 
Sky shrugged, “Habit?”
 
“Now I know what to get if you ever ask me for skuzzies.” Kuronue said to Sky.
 
“And I don't have to explain it again. Oh, hello Rika.”
 
Rika stood in the doorway. She looked about the same, only her belly swollen from her late stage of pregnancy. She looked at Kurama and shifted around a bit, “Uh, I forgot you don't know what skuzzies even are. Sorry Kurama.” She said a bit sheepishly.
 
Kurama reached out one arm. Rika went over to him and leaned into it. “Don't worry about it. Sky explained what it is.” He kissed her temple.
 
“She is the one who created the name.” Rika snuggled closer to Kurama. “Thanks for bearing with me in all this.”
 
“It's just your normal craziness times ten. You're my mate, I'll stand by you forever.” Kurama handed her the bowl.
 
“Thank you.”
 
“Kuronue, perhaps we should exit stage left.” Sky whispered.
 
“Huh?” Kuronue said.
 
“Leave the kitchen.”
 
“Oh, right.”
 
They got up and slinked out of the kitchen.
 
~Later, about 11:30~
 
Botan came rushing in, out of breath. “Where's…Yusuke?” she panted.
 
“Er, he was just with me a moment ago.” Meg said turning around to look behind her. “I could've sworn that he was with me. I'm the one who can become invisible, not him.”
 
“Why, what's going on?” Sky asked.
 
“Well, since he's still technically our spirit detective, and this was his case, we'll need his help. Those guys, Jake and Vlad, they escaped from Sky's plants and our prison.” Botan explained.
 
“What!?” Sky stood up. “My plants would only recede if one, I told them to, which I didn't, or two, my youki is decreasing. Sky paused to think. “But why would my youki be falling?”
 
Kuronue stood up and put his arms around Sky. “One of two reasons. You're dieing, or you've conceived.” He gave her a few sniffs. “Well, you're not dieing.”
 
“Then, you mean…” Kuronue merely nodded. Sky turned around and hugged her mate. “But the timing couldn't be more off. It would explain my exhaustion this past week.”
 
Kagome walked into the room as Botan had left the door open, She wasn't sure of how to place the mood in the room. Meg and Andrea had fear radiating off them, Sky had anger and happiness, Kuronue confusion and happiness, Kurama had fear and anger, and Rika was sleeping peacefully in Kurama's arms. Yusuke, who came in right before Botan's explanation, had pure anger and agitation.
 
“Uh, did something happen, I can't read the feeling of the room.” Kagome said.
 
Sky decided to say something after a small silence. “Two guys we took care of about ten years ago were trapped in my ivy vine. They're supposed to remain stuck in them. But because I recently conceived, my youki started to decrease and the vines restraining them loosened and they escaped.” Sky clenched her fists. “And I'm still angry at them for making me believe they wanted to help me find my brother.”
 
Kuronue held his mate closer. “Relax Sky.” He breathed.
 
“They also held me and my sister captive for sixteen years. Torture came normal everyday for us.” Andrea said. She started to shake with the horrible memories. Hiei quickly went to her and pulled her close to himself and let the tears flow onto his shoulder.
 
“My life was lived in fear of the next days torture. It was horrible, I had hopped our paths would cross a-again.” Meg said. “It was the wo-wor-worst-.” She broke down
 
Yusuke quickly gathered his mate in his arms. “You never told me about that, but I don't expect you too of course.” He said.
 
“Our whole army was composed of female youki.” Sky said. “It was because of my ability as a vixen. I broke our alliance when I found out their true intentions and tried to get Jake to let Meg go. I hadn't known that she escaped with Andrea.”
 
“So, it's a good news, bad news situation?” Kagome stated. “Good news, Sky's pregnant, bad news it caused her youki to fall and let two really bad guys escape.”
 
“Basically.” Rika said. She had woken up and assessed the situation quickly. “So what're we gonna do?”
 
“You aren't going anywhere, you're going to stay here.” Kurama instructed. “You're far too far along to do something this dangerous.”
 
“What? I'm fine, watch!” Rika shot up, wobbled a little and held her head. Kurama stood and held her to keep her balance.
 
“Not very convincing Rika.” Sky smirked.
 
“I just stood up too quickly!”
 
“You're staying here, and that's final.” Kurama ordered.
 
Kagome turned back outside where she had recently sat InuYasha. “I don't plan on going either. Now, my mate, you'd better come back alive or I'll kill you.”
 
InuYasha sat next to the newly created crater. “Feh, I wouldn't die on you.” He gave her a soft kiss. “Or Kendra.”
 
Kagome hugged InuYasha. “I know.”
 
Yusuke turned to his shaking mate. “Do you wish to remain here as well Meg?” he asked softly. Meg merely nodded into his chest. Yusuke rubbed her back soothingly. “I thought you might.”
 
Andrea pulled away a little bit. “I'm staying as well, I can't face those two, never would be able to.” She sniffed. “You must think I'm incredibly weak.”
 
“Not at all.” Hiei said. He let Andrea go and walked to the door. “We should get going before they run ramped through all of Ningenkai.”
 
“You're right.” Kurama said. “I'll be back shortly Rika, you shouldn't be too bored.”
 
Rika pouted. “But I still want to go.” She whined.
 
“Kuronue, you go without me.” Sky said. “I can't say what would happen if we were to meet again, but I know that it can't be good. I may hurt the wrong person. I have only one request, bring me the ring that each of them have similar.”
 
“As you wish Sky.” Kuronue gave Sky one more quick kiss and exited with the rest.
 
Sky sighed and sat back down. “Plus my youki level has dropped a bit since I'm not carrying young.” She said to absolutely no one.
 
Rika got up and sat down next to Sky. “Sky, you can beat them any day, any night, any time, anywhere.” She said.
 
“Any time that I'm not pregnant.” Sky said with sarcasm. “Rika, I wasn't all that ready for this as you were.”
 
“Me? I'm never ready for everything, and you are fully aware of that. But I think the only thing I was truly ready for was when I mated with Kurama. I mean, I am ready for a baby, just not the changes that come with it.” Rika absently rubbed her large belly.
 
“What d'you know, the in-laws get along.” Kagome teased. “Kendra, you know there are no threats towards us in here.” She pulled her daughter into the room. Kendra was only three, born shortly after Hiei and Andrea mated. She had mid-back length black and silver hair, the same blue eyes as Kagome and two dog-ears perched on top of her head. One black, one silver.
 
“Kagome, we were friends long before Rika even met Yoko.” Sky said. “I thought you said your motto was `I'm ready for anything' Rika.”
 
“Rika said that when she was young. Rika no longer feels that way.” Rika said. “Rika is never ready for anything. She just assesses the situation very quickly. Now it's time for Rika to take a nap. Rika says goodnight.” Rika got up and left to her and Kurama's room.
 
“Geeze, I don't remember her doing that.” Kagome said after sitting down with Kendra in her lap.
 
“Well, I do. She only does it to annoy me. At least she's not spelling everything out.” Sky said.
 
“Now that I remember her doing.” Kagome smiled. “It was a bit difficult when she didn't know how to spell the word.”
 
“Yeah,” Sky giggled. “That was always a problem, especially since I could only speak English, I couldn't read or spell it.”
 
“SKY!” came Rika's voice.
 
“D'you think she heard me?” Kagome shrugged. “I'd better go see what she wants.” Sky got up and went to Rika's room. She returned a few moments later, rather hurriedly. “Andrea, go find Yukina and bring her here now, Kagome, keep Rika calm and I'm gonna see if I can catch Yoko.” Sky sped out the door.
 
Kagome recovered first. “You heard her. Andrea, I think Yukina might be somewhere in the gardens. If it is what I think it is, Meg, I'll need some towels and a bowl of cold water.” By now Kagome had moved to the beginning of the hall. “What are you waiting for? Move!” Kagome rushed down the hall.
 
Andrea and Meg snapped out of their trance and did as they were instructed.
 
“Something bothering you Yoko?” Kuronue asked. They had separated and Kurama and Kuronue would stand out the most so they had to scout the outskirts of the city.
 
“Not really sure.” Kurama said. “It's probably nothing.”
 
“So, what exactly are we looking for?”
 
“I have a basic idea. I saw a portrait of them ten years ago via Rika's ddf.”
 
“Think they might look different?”
 
“Maybe, they've been trapped in Sky's vines for ten years.”
 
They heard a crash in the tree above them. When they looked up, Kuronue jumped up and caught the falling Sky. He landed softly and said. “I thought you weren't coming.”
 
Kuronue set Sky down. “I…don't. Came…to get…Yoko.” She panted. “Rika…she..”
Before Sky could finish, Kurama was gone. Sky wobbled a bit and fell into Kuronue's arms. “You really should try to be more careful Sky. Don't over-exert yourself. By the way, what's going on?”
Sky glared half-heartedly at Kuronue. “I'm fine. I just moved a bit faster than I normally would. Rika went into labor. I'd better get back, she said she'd kill me if I'm not there for her and, knowing Rika, she would.”
 
“Before you go Sky, what exactly am I looking for?”
Sky smiled. “That would help wouldn't it? Well, Jake's a bat youkai, black hair with red tips and hollow black eyes. Vlad's a baka hentai wind youkai with no sense of when to quit, blonde hair and blue eyes. The hair might be longer then it once was.”
 
“Do we bat demon intrigue you?” Kuronue smiled teasingly.
 
“There's just something about them that just perks my interest. I am mated to one after all.” Sky gave Kuronue a small kiss then left.
 
“A baka hentai wind youkai hn? That's a new one from Sky.” Kuronue shrugged and continued to look for the escaped demons.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Read and review please.