InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of Mine ❯ Situating the Team ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sister of Mine
Chapter 7: Situating the Team
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, or InuYasha
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
~Hiei~
 
Hiei was standing on top of one of the buildings using his jagan to search. Botan came floating down on her oar. “Find anything yet?” She asked.
 
“If I did, would I still be standing here?” Hiei growled.
 
“I guess not.”
 
“Kurama's gone.”
 
“What d'you mean?”
 
“I mean, Rika's delivering and Kurama went to be with her.”
 
“Oh,” Botan looked over the city. “I'm gonna go see if Yusuke's found anything yet.” She put her oar away and went down the roof steps.
 
~Yusuke~
 
Yusuke growled his agitation and punched the wall next to him. “Dammit! Why can't things ever be easy?” he screamed.
 
Botan rushed over to him. “Yusuke relax, you'll cause more problems than necessary.” She said quickly. “I guess you didn't find anything.”
 
“Ya think!” Yusuke leaned on the wall and sat down. “Sorry Botan, I'm not angry at you, it's just that I'm supposed to be done with all this.”
 
Botan knelt down next to Yusuke. “I know, you did train your replacement, but this originally was your case. The only people that would know it any better would be Andrea, Meg or Sky. Andrea and Meg don't know too much as they were only prisoners, and Sky, she was at the top, but was still left out of the loop.”
 
“What about Reikai intelligence?”
“You know how helpful they can be.”
 
Yusuke nodded his agreement with a slight smirk. He stared at the passing crowd. “Botan, is it just me, or does that guy look strangely like the guy in Rika's ddf without his wings?” he nodded towards a guy with long black hair and sunglasses.
 
Botan looked to where Yusuke was pointing. “ Yeah, it does, his red tips kinda vanished as the time went on.”
 
“Right,” Yusuke stood up. “let's go.”
 
“Right.” Botan stood up.
 
Yusuke and Botan kept a good distance from Jake, but close enough that they wouldn't loose him. They followed him straight to a large business-y building.
 
“What is it with the demon and the suits?!” Yusuke growled. “We'd better get Kurama for this.”
 
“Um…” Botan smiled nervously. “That would be a problem.”
 
Yusuke glared at Botan. “What do you mean?”
“Kurama had to leave because Rika went into labor. We may not see either of them for a bit.”
 
“Dammit, she couldn't have waited until we got them back in jail!”
 
“Yusuke, she can't really control these kinds of things.”
 
“Whatever, Kuronue's out.”
 
“He can't really hide his bat wings.”
 
“InuYasha?”
“Bad temper, worse idea.”
 
“Hiei?”
 
“Not a good idea to mix annoyed Hiei with ningens.”
 
“Kuwabara?”
 
The two looked at each other and started laughing hysterically. “Yusuke, you know that we haven't really heard from him since we accidentally left him in that maze.”
 
“Talk about holding a grudge. I mean, he didn't even attempt to get revenge.”
 
“I guess we're going in it alone then.”
“Guess so.”
 
They walked into the building. There were several people behind desks and others walking around with small packs of paper.
 
A girl with orange hair and cat ears and tail to match popped up in front of them. “Hi there, and welcome to DTHQ! I'm Gato, how can I help you?” she said extremely perky.
 
“What exactly does DTHQ stand for?” Botan asked.
 
“Dark Tournament Headquarters of course.”
 
“D-dark Tournament-?” Yusuke stammered.
 
“Headquarters, you got it! Where we keep the records for past tournaments and the upcoming one to be set in five months.”
 
Botan stepped foreword. “Koenma-sama would like the list of the current registered teams.” She said.
 
“Follow me.” Gato turned around and walked towards the elevators. Botan and Yusuke followed. They entered and went up. “Floor twelve, Koenma-sama's list is here.”
 
“Koenma has his own floor?” Yusuke asked.
 
“No silly, this is where we keep the lists. We have many copies because many people wish to know the competition, that and they want to place their bets.” She pulled out a box about the size of a medium sized suitcase. “Here you are, I'll escort you to the exit.”
 
“Thank you.” Botan took the box and thrust it into Yusuke's stomach, knocking the wind out of him.
 
Gato lead them back to the entrance. “Thank you for stopping by, if you'd like to enter a team, you can pick up your forms right here and you turn it in right back here.”
 
After they were a safe distance from the building, Yusuke started fuming. “Why the hell did you throw the damn heavy thing at me!? Why didn't we just leave as soon as they made mention of the Dark Tournament!”
 
Botan stopped and turned around. “you really don't expect a weak little girl like me to carry that heavy stack of papers do you?” Yusuke sweatdropped. “And think about it, why would Jake be going to their HQ? You go back to Genkai's, I'll meet you there once I retrieve Hiei, Kuronue and InuYasha.”
 
Yusuke grumbled and walked back to the temple. When he got there, Sky was sitting in the chair rubbing her hand. Yusuke dropped the large box on the ground. “I'm guessing it's over?” he asked.
 
Sky jumped and glared at Yusuke. She sighed and got over her shock. “You missed all the excitement.” She said sarcastically. “Rika was fine except for the part where she nearly killed Kagome, Yukina and my hand.” She shook her head and looked at the floor. “For a ningen, she's pretty damn strong.”
 
“Where's Kurama?”
 
Sky looked at Yusuke like he was dumber than Kuwabara. “With Rika of course.” Then she mumbled, “Baka.”
 
Yusuke chose to ignore her last comment. “Yukina?”
 
“With Kagome. I told you that Rika nearly killed everyone in there.”
 
“Andrea or Meg?”
 
“Andrea's at the lake washing the towels and Meg went off somewhere. She started to kinda freak and decided it unwise to let Rika see her. She may be young, but sometimes it's hard to tell if she's really the age she claims to be.”
 
Yusuke leaned on the wall. “Yeah, she matured quickly while she was held captive. But I still love her, no matter who she is today. The very mature wolf, or the 27-year-old she truly is.”
 
Sky smiled. “She's standing right behind you.”
 
“Huh?” Yusuke turned around. “Meg! How long have you been standing there?”
 
Meg smiled. “Long enough to hear how you love me.” She said. She wrapped her arms around Yusuke's waist. “I love you too.” Yusuke put his arms around her shoulders. “Yusuke,”
 
“Yes?”
 
She leaned her head on his chest. “I want my own.”
 
“You want your own wha-oh, you sure?” He looked down at Meg.
 
Meg looked up at him and smiled. “Yes. I left because I needed to think.”
 
“And you came up with `I want my own'?”
 
“Truthfully, I've been thinking about it since we mated.” Meg gave a small shy smile.
 
“You've had two years to ponder this.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“What my mate wants, she shall get.” Yusuke brushed her lips gently. “If it's a child you want, a child you shall get.”
 
“Really?” Hope clear in her eyes. “Could you give me what I want now?”
 
Before Yusuke could respond, Meg grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards the room that they shared. Sky inwardly laughed. There would be kids everywhere all too soon.
 
The door slid open. The remaining members that were out came in. “No questions, Rika delivered a boy, Kurama's with her. Yukina and Kagome are helping each other to heal, Rika is really strong. Andrea's washing towels, and Yusuke and Meg are, er, busy. They left before I got the chance to ask Yusuke what went on and what's with the box.”
 
Botan sighed. “Everyone have a seat.” Once everyone was situated, she started her explanation. “We followed Jake into a building and found out that is was the Dark Tournament's HQ. We picked up a list of the current teams. We lost Jake, but he may be entering in the one five months from now.”
 
“If they are, you expect us to do something about it?” Hiei asked.
 
“The rules of it have changed a bit. Your main team is composed of five, each member must have their own alternate.”
 
Sky had pulled out the stack of papers and started sifting through it. “I found Jake's team. Co-captain is Vlad. The others are some of our higher-class youkis in here as well. I recognize a fair number of them.”
 
~One month later~
 
Botan sat on the floor in front of the coffee table with the paper work scattered across it. “It wasn't this difficult the last time you guys entered.” Botan whined.
 
Yusuke plopped down on the couch behind her. “Last time, we were Togouro's guests. He said. “I didn't think I'd ever be doing this again”
 
“Remind me why we can't just let your current spirit detective team do this.” Hiei growled from his place next to Andrea on the windowsill.
 
“They wouldn't even make it on the boat, that's why.” Botan said.
 
“Botan, what exactly are the arrangements?” Andrea asked.
 
Botan shuffled a few papers. “Well, our team captain will, once again, be Yusuke, alternate Meg.”
 
“Botan, I kinda can't.”
 
“Why not?”
“I'm now pregnant. In four months time, I'll be sleeping a lot, much like Sky is doing now.”
 
Sky leaned off Kuronue's shoulder. “I wasn't sleeping, I was just-”
 
“Resting your eyes, yeah, yeah.” Meg waved her hand around a bit to brush it off.
 
Andrea turned to her sister. “Then I owe you a congrats. You'll be a wonderful mother.”
 
“Thanks Andy, you should have your own as well. It's truly a great feeling knowing that you're carrying something made from true love.” She leaned on Yusuke's shoulder and placed her hands on her still flat stomach.
 
“Mmm.” Sky agreed starting to doze on Kuronue's shoulder.
 
“Yeah, great feeling.” Rika said. She had just entered the room with Kurama and their child. They sat down on the couch. “That is until they want out of course, not such a great feeling anymore.”
 
“You proved you didn't much like it to the both of us.” Kagome mumbled rubbing one of the stronger scars that wouldn't heal. “It's not a completely horrid feeling, when you hold it for the first time…” Kagome stopped and started drifting in her mind.
 
Sky smiled. “Don't let Rika scare you Meg.” She said. “Remember that we're youkai and she's just a baka hentai ningen onna.” She flashed a playful grin at Rika.
 
Rika returned with a slight glare. “And you're a baka hentai vixen.”
 
“Sadly.” She sighed overdramatically. “So did you guys finally decide on a name yet?” Sky smiled down at the baby in Rika's arms.
 
Rika smiled. “Sure did. Riku.”
 
“Half of each of your names. I like it. His ears are just adorable.” Sky rubbed at Riku's fox ears perched on his head.
 
“So, we'll need a different alternate for Yusuke.” Botan said bringing everyone back to business.
 
“Figure that out later, the rest of the team please.” Yusuke said.
 
“Sure, next is Hiei, alternate Andrea. Unless Andrea's planning on having kids any time soon.”
 
“No,” assured Andrea. “I'm not all that great with pain. That's the main reason that I was hit more than Meg, I was affected more by it. I don't even think I'm able.”
 
“All right. Next would be Kurama, no alternate as of yet.”
 
“Put me down.” Rika said. “I'll be completely healed by then. I can get any and all strength back by then.”
 
“Ok, alternate Rika. Then InuYasha, alternate Kagome.”
 
“Hold it, I don't want Kagome fighting.” InuYasha said.
 
“InuYasha, just don't die and I won't have to fight.” Kagome said. “I'm fine with it Botan.”
 
“K.” Botan said. “Last is Kuronue, not alternate because Sky's pregnant.” She moved around some of the papers. “So that's two alternates that we need.”
 
“What about the onna Yusuke used to go out with?” Hiei offered. “We trained her so she could defend herself.”
 
“Yeah, from people like you.” Yusuke teased.
 
“What onna Yusuke?” Meg asked.
 
“Keiko, she's an old friend. We went out for a while. She'd been kidnapped around 15 times from the time I started at the age of 14 till just 16. We decided that she needed to defend herself.”
 
“Yusuke, she decided.” Kurama put in.
 
“Whatever.”
 
“When did you two break up?” Meg asked.
 
“A few months before graduation. Don't worry Meg, I love only you.” He pulled her closer and gave her a soft kiss to re-assure her.
 
Botan gathered up her papers. “Right then, I'll give Keiko a call and find an alternate for Kuronue. I think that our newest youkai addition to our team would fair well.”
 
“How'd you rope this one in?” Kurama asked.
 
“About the same way as we did you and Hiei. He's just a little to playful for his own good. I'm off.” Botan walked out the door and flew off on her oar.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Read and review please.