InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of Mine ❯ Angry Women ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sister of Mine
Chapter 8: Angry Women
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, or InuYasha
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
~Day of the Tournament~
 
The team met up with the non-battling members after the boat ride there at the hotel. Their room was one large with four bedrooms branching out. Room 1: Yusuke, Meg, Andrea and Hiei. Room 2: Kurama, Rika, Sky, Kuronue, Riku. Room 3: Kagome, InuYasha, Kendra, Shippo. Room 4: Botan, Keiko.
 
They were sitting in the main room while they waited for the information on their first match. Hiei and Andrea sat on the windowsill. InuYasha, Kagome and Shippo sat on the couch and Kendra on InuYasha's head. Sky lay sleeping on the other couch with her head in Kuronue's lap. Rika and Kurama were behind the couch that Kagome was on with Riku. Keiko sat in the chair at the back table looking over a few papers for her editor. Yusuke was in the bathroom with Meg.
 
“She sure sleeps a lot, huh?” Kagome said looking at Sky.
 
“Yeah, our kits drain a lot of energy, causing her to sleep.” Kuronue answered.
 
“At least it's not our team leader that's asleep this time, eh Hiei?” Kurama said.
 
“Hn.” Hiei said with a slight nod.
 
“Hiei, why are you acting like this?” Andrea asked. “Ever since we entered this stupid tournament, you haven't said more that like two words around me!”
 
“Hn.”
 
Andrea stood up off the windowsill and grabbed Hiei's wrist. “Hiei, stop this. Come with me, we're going for a walk.” She pulled Hiei out of the room and slammed the door behind her.
 
“Andrea's ticked.” Meg said. Her and Yusuke now stood in the doorway to their room. Meg looking slightly pale. “We may not see them for a while.”
 
“Great, so who's going to take for or Hiei's position?” Yusuke grumbled, leaning in the doorway.
 
“Let's hope that we won't be needing them. It's best 3 out of 5 win.” Kurama said. “We should be fine without them.”
 
Sky started to stir. “Geeze,” she mumbled. “am I not allowed to sleep? Who pissed whom off?”
 
Kuronue put a hand on her forehead. “Somehow, Hiei got Andrea mad at him. Would you like to go to our room and sleep there instead? Less chance of interruption.”
 
“No, I'm awake now.” She stood up and yawned. “Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find a nice tree to nap in.”
 
“But I thought you were wide awake.”
 
“I am, but by the time I get downstairs, walk around outside and sit in a tree to feel the wind, I'll be tired again and fall asleep.” She opened the door and stepped out. “If I'm not back in tree days, come looking for me.” She gently closed the door behind her.
 
“She sleeps more than a neko youkai.” Kurama said.
 
“Can you blame her?” Meg said. “Carrying young seriously drains your youki. The only way to replenish it is with sleep.”
 
“Youkai or ningen, pregnancy just makes you tired in general.” Rika said. “I mean, I slept in the middle of the day on purpose. It was the only time I was glad that I fall asleep whenever I lay down.”
 
Botan came in, not bothering to close the door. “Ok guys, I've got today's matches. You've got the first match and-” she stopped and looked around. “Uh…where's Hiei?”
 
Meg had moved around and sat on the couch. “My sister dragged him off somewhere.” She said. “They'll be back eventually.”
“When's eventually?”
 
Meg shrugged. “Depends on how long it takes Andy to cool down.”
 
“Great.”
 
“So Botan, who are we facing and when?” Kuronue asked.
 
“Oh, right. You first match is in two hours. You'll face this team.” She handed Yusuke a sheet of paper. Yusuke looked at them and passed it on to Kagome.
 
Each looked at it and passed it on around the room. Once it reached Meg, she looked and gasped. “These are some of the girls who are younger than me!” she said.
 
“What can you tell us about them?” Keiko asked as she was handed the papers.
 
“Andrea's the one to ask, not me. I only recognize the names, she knows their attacks and everything.”
 
“Just great, and she's off and pissed of at Hiei.” Yusuke said. “We'll all just have to go in like last time.”
 
“Yusuke, you guys had no clue last time. None of us are going in the same. I couldn't defend myself and had to rely on you or Shizuru. Even then, one of your former opponents ended up defending me.” Keiko said.
 
Meg looked up at Keiko. “How did Yusuke find someone like you, then give it up?” she asked.
 
“Yusuke and I have known each other since we were young. The love we have for each other is more like a brother and sister love.” Keiko kneeled down next to Meg. “What I want to know is how Yusuke found you? It can't be from one of his dumb missions.”
 
Yusuke sat next to Meg and slung his arm around her shoulder. “Actually Keiko, it was. Meg was trapped as well as Andrea. Saving them just happened when we went to take out these guys for taking Yukina.”
 
Meg put her legs over Yusuke's lap and laid her head on his shoulder. “We were prisoners. I was raised there.”
 
“That's kinda hard to believe.” Keiko said.
 
“Everyone says that, even Andy. She was eleven when we were captured, so it's not all that hard to believe that she's so nice after living there.” Meg yawned and fell asleep in Yusuke's arms.
 
Keiko smiled at the tender scene and went back to her work. “Hey Botan, did you happen to see a mailbox around here? I have to send this in by tomorrow.” she held up her report.
 
“I think I saw one down in the lobby.” Botan said. “How high up on that thing are you?”
 
“Well, I'm the highest paid reporter there. I'll leave it at that.” Keiko sighed and placed her report in a manila envelope. “I'll go see if I can find it.”
 
“We'll meet you back in the ring.”
 
Keiko waved her hand as she left. “I'd better get Meg to bed.” Yusuke said. Carefully, he slipped one arm under her knees and stood up. Meg stirred slightly and snuggled closer to Yusuke's chest. He walked into the room.
 
Yusuke went around the bed that Hiei and Andrea shared to the bed that belonged to him and Meg. He set her down on the bed. She shivered from the loss of Yusuke's warmth. Yusuke pulled the covers over her and left.
 
When he got back into the main room, Rika and Kurama were standing in an argument. “Kurama, I understand how you were raised, but that doesn't mean that we have to start training him now! He can barely stand on his own two legs!” Rika yelled.
 
Kurama sighed and tried to keep his temper down. “If it doesn't start now, people will take advantage if hi-”
 
“No, youkai will take advantage of him! Kurama, we're not in the Makai! I can protect him while we are here!”
 
“There are many youkai around here that would try to harm you or Riku.”
 
“Are you saying that I can't even protect my own child!?”
 
“No!”
“Than what are you saying!?”
 
“…”
 
“I'll prove to your arrogant kitsune ass that I can protect myself as well as Riku!” Rika angrily stormed off.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Read and review please.