InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of Mine ❯ Match One ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sister of Mine
Chapter 9: Match One
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, or InuYasha
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Rika pounded through the halls and glared at anyone who dared to glance at her. The doorman quickly opened the door to prevent her from breaking it down. Riku giggled happily as lower class demons jumped behind bushes to get away from her.
 
Further into the forest, birds flying away from her woke Sky. She stirred awake and looked to the direction that the birds had come from. Slowly, she climbed down the tree to intersect Rika. She heard someone scream, “Get the hell out of my way!” Sky covered her ears. Rika jumped through the bushes and looked even more agitated then when she left the hotel.
 
Sky calmly approached the fuming Rika. “Rika, what did my brother do this time?” She asked placing a hand on each of Rika's shoulders.
 
Rika instantly stopped and looked up to Sky. “I thought that you were sleeping in a tree?” She said.
 
I was, until some baka made the birds fly away and wake me up.” Sky motioned to the ground in front of the tree and sat down. “Don't worry, I made your kimono out of natural materials, it won't get dirty if you sit in the dirt.”
 
Rika nodded and sat next to Sky. Riku snuggled up to his mother's side and hugged her arm. “Kurama simply stated that I can't protect myself and I'm, so, I'm out here to prove him wrong.”
 
“With your five month old son?”
 
Rika looked down at the small kit hugging her arm. Sky put a finger behind one of his black ears and rubbed it. “It seems that Riku's got the same weakness with his ears as Yoko and myself.” She smiled as Riku closed his eyes and leaned his head into Sky's finger.
 
“What d'you mean?”
 
“What happened the last time that you rubbed Yoko's ears?” Rika looked down at Riku, Sky laughed. “And the last time Kuronue grabbed mine, besides this morning when I tackled him to the ground, I'd rather not go into it, with Riku's little ears that can hear us. You could say that these things,” she wiggled her ears, “are a kitsunes greatest weakness.”
 
“Good to know.” Rika looked at Sky, who was looking at her stomach confused. “What's wrong?”
 
Sky placed her hand on her stomach. “I think that it's moving.”
 
Rika moved her hand over to where Sky's hand was. She smiled. “Sure is, how's it feel?”
 
“Weird and fluttery.”
 
“Yeah, I kinda miss the weird and fluttery feeling.” Riku climbed onto Rika's lap, she put her arms around his front to keep him in place.
 
“I think that Yoko would be happy to oblige to giving you back that feeling.” Sky leaned over and put her head on Rika's shoulder.
 
“Sky, I'm going to kill yo-”
 
She looked down at Sky to see that she had fallen asleep. “We'll get her later Riku.” She smiled.
 
“Gabuu!” Riku said smiling.
 
“You'll never get me.” Sky mumbled, still half asleep. “Now be quiet, I can hear Andrea and Hiei talking over there.” She pointed off to her side.
 
Rika remained silent and she could hear them too.
 
“Hiei, I don't understand why you're so quiet all of a sudden.”
 
“Hn. I'm always like this. I think something's wrong with you.”
 
“I'm perfectly fine as I always am.”
 
“Then why the sudden anger at my silence?”
 
“Because you're not usually not this quiet.”
 
“Yes I am. What's really bothering you?” There was a long quiet silence. “Andrea?”
 
“Hiei, I-” it was cut off with a chocked sob.
 
“Andrea, you know that if you can't say it out loud, you can tell me with your mind.”
 
“I-I had Meg confirm it for me.”
 
“Andrea, what's wrong, don't make me repeat myself again.”
 
“Don't be mad at me for it.”
 
“I could never be mad at you.”
 
“I'm pregnant.” Silence. “Hiei?”
 
“How?”
 
“Meg thinks that I might've just went into heat the last time we were together.”
 
There was another long quiet. Rika and Sky looked at each other, another one. “Andrea's probably more scared about it than any of us.” Sky said.
 
“Right, we'll let her tell everyone when she's good and ready, Meg already knows, and we know what she could do.” Rika agreed.
 
“It's not Meg I'm worried about, it's Hiei. Yoko's given me warning about what he's capable of.” She leaned back against the tree.
 
Behind them, the bushes rustled a bit and Hiei and Andrea emerged. Her eyes widened when she saw the three at the tree.
 
“Di-did you-?”
 
Sky held up her hand. “We will not tell anyone until you're ready. I can't say the same for our mates who will be able to smell it in another week or so.”
 
Tears formed in the corner of her eyes. “Thank you.”
 
“No problem. We'll help you if you need it.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“Oh, Andrea!” Rika jumped up towards her. “Our first opponents, Meg recognized the names, but you know the stuff about them and all.”
 
Andrea looked from behind Hiei where she hid when Rika jumped at her. “Sky knows them better than I probably do,” She said, “but I can try to remember. If they're here, that means that they're at a higher level.”
 
“I was the strongest one there, next was Jake and Vlad, then Andrea and Meg. They can probably beat them.” Sky said standing up.
 
“Rika, can't you just look them up on your ddf?” Andrea asked.
 
Rika sweatdropped. “Uh, it kinda broke.” She said.
 
“How did you break it?”
 
Riku bounced happily in Rika's arms. “Abarubaa!”
 
I didn't, this little monster did. I'm still curious as to how he got a hold of it.” Rika looked at her kit. Sky glanced away and started walking towards the hotel. “Sky…why do I get the feeling that you have something to do with this?”
 
“You should get back and get some shoes on, Rika, before you get holes in your socks.” Using her demon speed, she ran off.
 
“KITSUNE NO BAKA!!! Get your ass back here now! I know that you have some-!” she stopped when Riku started to whine and cover his ears. She pulled him up and pressed her lips to his temple and cooed, “I'm sorry Riku, I didn't mean to hurt your little ears, I just meant to get at Aunt Sky.”
 
“Gabunuaa!” Riku started giggling. He climbed onto her head and stayed there.
 
“I guess that means that I'm forgiven.”
 
“How can you tell?” Andrea asked.
 
Rika smiled at Andrea. “Call it a link between mother and son.” She looked of into the distance. “We'd better get back, the match starts in about an hour.”
 
The two demons behind her nodded and ran off ahead of her. Rika glared after them. “Show offs.”
 
Riku looked down at his mother. “Subanuu!”
 
Rika smiled. “But you won't leave me, will you Riku?”
 
“Baa!”
 
She made her way through the forest and met back up with everyone in the stadium. They sat in a section of the first two rows behind the team. She sat down next to Sky. “So, what'd I miss?” She asked as she pulled Riku off her head and placed him in her lap.
 
“That guy way over there picking his nose.” Sky pointed to an ogre sitting in the top row opposite them.
 
“Fun.” She said sarcastically.
 
“Jai.” Riku wiggled happily in her arms.
 
“Well, well, well, look who decided to show up.”
 
Rika handed Riku to Sky and leaned over the front of the railing to see Kurama smirking up at her. “Well excuse me for not being as fast as you demons.”
 
“You're excused.” Kurama smirked wider.
 
“Shut up. Are all kitsunes like this, or just the ones in your family?”
 
Kurama hopped up to the ledge next to Rika. “You are aware that Riku is my family as well, aren't you?”
 
Rika glared at Kurama. “I will raise him so not to be like his father. He will not be a baka hentai like you and Sky.” She huffed and turned away from Kurama.
 
“You're just a big a hentai as me and Sky.”
 
Rika closed her eyes. “And whose fault is that?”
 
He slung an arm around Rika's waist and pulled her closer to him. “You were a baka hentai long before you met us kitsunes, that's why we get along so well.”
 
“Fuck off Kurama.”
 
“Such language, Rika, be careful, our kit is listening and hanging on your every word. Shame on you.”
 
Rika put her arms around Kurama's neck. “Shut up, baka kitsune.”
 
Kurama placed his forehead on hers. “You know the only way to do that, my mate.”
 
“Baka kitsune.” She mumbled before closing the small gap between their lips.
 
Riku looked up at Sky. “Ababuka?” he said with a confused look on his face.
 
Sky turned Riku around so he could face her. “Their doing that just means that they love each other.” She tweaked his nose. “And if it wasn't for their love, you wouldn't be here.”
 
“Junabi!” Riku leaned foreword and hugged Sky's stomach.
 
Sky smiled and stroked the back of Riku's head. “I love you too, Riku.”
 
Andrea leaned foreword a little. “How can you understand him too?” She asked.
 
Sky turned to look at Andrea. “Dunno, guess I just do. You know, actions speak louder than words.”
 
“Hello everyone and welcome to this years dark tournament! My name's Gato and I'll be your host for the duration of this tournament.” The small neko stood in the center of the large ring. “The basic rules are simple, you loose if you're down for ten counts or you die. We only ask that you try to keep the ring in one piece. Team captains, please come to the center and establish fighting terms.”
 
Yusuke walked to the center from his side. From the other side, a figure in a blood red cloak came foreword. The only portion of her body you could see was her mouth, the rest of her face covered by the shadows.
 
Yusuke talked first. “So, one on one, best three out of five wins?” he offered.
 
The figure in the hood nodded. “Ok, the match is one on one! Team Utaka, do you agree?” the hooded figures that sat along the wall merely nodded. “Team Urameshi, do you agr- a, would Yoko Kurama please stop making out so we can start the match!”
 
Kurama pulled away from Rika who had turned a bright shade of red and hopped down to the ground. “Whatever's fine with me.” He said.
 
Gato sighed. “First fighters to the ring!”
 
Yusuke returned too his team. “So, who's going first?”
 
Hiei stepped foreword. “I'll go.” He stepped into the ring. A team member from the other side dressed in a purple cloak like the captain emerged.
 
“From Team Urameshi, Hiei! From Team Utaka, Uci!” Gato announced. “FIGHT!”
 
Hiei un-sheathed his katana and seemed to disappear. The cloak fluttered and Uci had gone airborne, but not without getting her cloak shredded.
 
Sky racked her brain for a moment. She turned to Meg behind her. “Meg, wasn't Uci a water witch demon?” she asked.
 
Meg looked over to Andrea who nodded. “I'll tell Hiei.”
 
“Make sure he knows about the water bubble.” Andrea added.
 
“Right.” Meg focused on Hiei. `Hiei, she has power over waters and such, be mindful, she can cut off your air supply.'
 
`Thanks, now get out of my head so I can fight.' Came Hiei's calm response.
 
Uci landed on the ground and growled at Hiei. Her hood had fallen off to reveal blue eyes and very short brown hair. “I haven't removed this since the Reikai arrested Jake and Vlad. You dare to shred it!” She stood up, Her cloak was shredded across the front around through the back. Beneath it, she had on mid-thigh shorts and a spaghetti strap top. “For that, I'll make you pay, remove your fucking cloak!”
 
Hiei threw off his scarf and cloak. It landed three feet into the ground. Uci lunged at Hiei, who easily dodged and struck his katana through her back. Just as quickly, he removed it. Uci hit the ground with her blood pooling out.
 
“First win goes to team Urameshi!” Cheers and boos were heard throughout the stadium. Hiei flicked the blood off his katana, sheathed it and stepped out of the ring. “Next fighters to the ring!”
 
Two hooded figures had moved Uci off the erring. One in black remained. Obviously the next fighter. InuYasha stood and walked foreword.
 
“Match two! From Team Urameshi, InuYasha. From team Utaka, Kagura!”
 
~~~~~~~
 
Read and review please.