InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of Mine ❯ Never Treaten a Kitsune's Family ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sister of Mine
Chapter 10: Never Threaten a Kitsune's Family
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, or InuYasha
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Shippo visibly tensed. “Shippo, what's wrong?” his mate asked. She was a water demon with short blue hair pulled into pigtails and aquamarine eyes. She placed a hand on Shippo's shoulder. “Shippo?”
 
Shippo relaxed a very small bit under his mate's hand. “An old enemy is all Hotaru. Nothing to worry yourself about.” He turned to Sky. “Hey Sky, is Kagura a wind with?”
 
Sky looked at him. “Yes, how'd you know that?”
 
“She's a creation of Naraku, the hanyou that we defeated a long time ago.”
 
Hotaru wrapped her arms around Shippo's waist and her head on his shoulder. “So she brings back bad memories?”
 
“Yeah.” Shippo put his arm around her shoulders. “But I was only a kit when we faced them.”
 
“I bet you were the cutest kit ever.”
 
“I looked just like Kei, that's all there is to it.”
 
Kendra looked up at her mother. “Mama, will daddy be ok?” she asked.
 
Kagome looked down at her daughter. “Kendra, of course daddy will be ok, he's too stubborn to die.”
 
The three-year-old giggled and returned her attention back to her father.
 
InuYasha placed his hand at the hilt of his tetsusaiga. “FIGHT!”
 
Kagome turned to Shippo. “It might not be the same Kagura Shippo.”
 
Kagura reached inside her cloak and pulled out her fan. “Nope, same Kagura.” Shippo stood up. “She may have only been with Naraku because he held her heart, but the painful memories are still there.” He walked passed Kagome and Kendra and started walking up the stairs to the exit.
 
“I'd better go make sure that he's ok.” Hotaru got up and followed Shippo out.
 
Kagura threw her arm and her wind filled the arena. “Still using the same old tricks, eh Kagura?” InuYasha pulled out the fang and charged at her.
 
She moved, but not fast enough that the tetsusaiga caught the back of her cloak, ripping it off. Her appearance was practically the same, only her hair was much longer. Her kimono was gone as well, now she had on a short green long-sleeve dress with the back missing, as was,
 
Kagome's eyes widened with a soft gasp. “The spider, it's gone.” She said surprised.
 
“Spider?” Keiko asked.
 
“Kagura had a spider on her back, it was the mark of Naraku, it's gone.”
 
“Kagome, she bears a different mark now.” Sky said. She slid down the shoulder of her sleeveless kimono. There sat a tattoo. It looked like a butterfly, but upon closer examination, you'd notice that it was a bat with silver wings and blue wind around it. “This is the mark that us and all our followers have. Kagura has one on her shoulder, as does Andrea and Meg.”
 
InuYasha stopped and looked at her back. “What happened to Naraku's mark??”
 
“When you defeated that bastard, it also killed Kanna and myself. We were both reborn, free from Naraku's control, only to fall into the hands of evil again.” She swung her fan and sharp blades of wind camp at InuYasha. He blocked with the fang.
 
InuYasha lunged foreword and slammed the side of the tetsusaiga into Kagura, launching her into the stands. Gato started the count. Kagura managed to stand at `9' but fell across the grass from being hit so hard. “Ten! Win goes to team Urameshi!”
 
InuYasha sheathed the tetsusaiga and hopped out of the ring. As soon as he reached the edge, he sat down on the wall. The sleeve of his haori slid down revealing a deep cut. He quickly pulled it back up before anyone noticed it.
 
On the other side, a small figure in a white cloak went to help Kagura up, setting down what looked like a large mirror in the process.
 
“Next fighters to the ring!”
 
Standing in the center of the ring was a wood witch. Her long brown hair was pulled into a bun held by two sticks. Kurama stood from his place leaning on the wall and entered the ring.
 
“From team Urameshi, Yoko Kurama. From Team Utaka, Rana.” Gato looked to each fighter. “FIGHT!”
 
Kurama pulled out his rose whip and Rana pulled out the sticks holding her hair up. Rana made the first move by jumping at Kurama, the sticks length increasing. Kurama jumped and flipped over her and lashed his whip across her back, shredding cloth and flesh. She hissed and fell to her knees.
 
Rana looked up to the stands behind Kurama. “Quaint little family you've got there,” she said. “it'd be a shame if something was to happen to one of them.”
 
His eyes darted to where his loved ones sat. First was his mate, who sat on the edge of the stand demanding victory. Then to their kit, who sat in his sister's arms along with her unborn kit. His eyes wandered down to her mate, his former partner in crime. He refocused on his opponent and glared at her.
 
“You will not live long enough to lay a finger on them.” Kurama growled. He lashed his whip and cut through her flesh and bone. What was left of her body lay in a pool of blood in the arena.
 
“Team Urameshi wins the match!”
 
Kurama turned around and nearly face faulted. Rika was standing on the ledge preparing to jump down. He ran foreword and caught her halfway down her jump. “What the hell is wrong with you Rika!?” He growled at her.
 
Rika simply leaned foreword and have Kurama a quick soft kiss. She pulled back and smiled. “I'm just coming to congratulate you on your win, is that so wrong?”
 
“When you jump off the railing it is.”
 
Rika pouted. “You know, I could've landed quite fine on my own, you didn't have to catch me.”
 
“Get along well, those two, don't you think Sky?” Kuronue said standing next to Sky who was watching the interaction between her family.
 
“Yeah, I'm glad.” She shifted Riku in her arms and sat on the ledge. “I felt it moving earlier.”
 
Kuronue sat next to Sky and put his arm around her shoulder being mindful of Riku. “Sorry that I missed it.”
 
Sky grabbed his hand. “You don't have to miss it again, y'know.” She placed it on her stomach. “It's moving again.” Kuronue smiled and leaned closer to his mate.
 
“InuYasha, you're bleeding.” Kagome said leaning over his arm.
 
“Feh.”
 
“Don't give me that, I can see the blood through your sleeve, now, let me see your arm!” She grabbed his hand and moved it down off his arm.
 
InuYasha shrugged her off. “You know that it'll heal within the hour.” He glanced at her and gave in at the sad, hurt look in her eye. “Fine.”
 
“Thank you.” She put her hands over his arm and healed the wound. When she was finished, she leaned into his arms. “I know you can heal yourself, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to feel useful.”
 
“Whatever makes you happy Kagome.”
 
Kendra jumped into her parents' arms. “Daddy, you wa awesome!” she said snuggling closer.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Read and review please.