InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of Mine ❯ Making Amends ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sister of Mine
Chapter 11: Making Amends
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, or InuYasha
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Shippo, you sure that you're ok?” Hotaru asked with her arm around his neck.
 
“Yeah, just needed to get aw-” Shippo stared, he stopped and started growling. “I can smell you there, come out now.”
 
Kagura, along with a white hooded figure stepped foreword. “We came to apologize, to make peace, Shippo.”
 
“Then slice my head off when I'm not looking? I'm not stupid Kagura.”
 
The white hood fell. “Shippo-san, Naraku no longer controls us.” Kanna said. Her eyes looked sorrowful.
 
“Kanna, I've seen what your mirror can do.” Shippo growled.
 
Kanna reached into the sleeve of her cloak and pulled out her mirror, then tossed it to the ground. Kagura followed suit by throwing down her fan. “Will you listen to us now?” Kanna asked.
 
“We are both un-armed. You still have all your weapons in your grasp.” She held her hands flat in front of her to further prove her point. “You notice that my hair is now longer, and Kanna is the height of my shoulder, that's because Naraku no longer holds us under his control, keeping us from growing.”
 
Shippo stared for a minuet. “Turn around, let me see your back.” He stated flatly.
 
Hotaru's eyes nearly popped out. “Shippo!”
 
Kagura smiled gently. She pulled her hair in front of her and turned around. Kanna turned around and lowered her cloak. The spider that was once there was gone on both of them. Shippo bit into his lip. “You're right.” He reached foreword and touched Kagura's back to make sure that it wasn't an illusion. “It's really gone. You guys really hurt me back then y'know.”
 
Kagura let go of her hair. “I know, and we are very sorry for it. We only ask for you to forgive us.”
 
“You should really be asking Kagome or InuYasha for this, not me.”
 
Kagura shook her head. “InuYasha let me live, he has shown me that he and his mate forgive us.”
 
“If okaasan can forgive you, then I can too.”
 
“Thank you Shippo-san.”
 
-------
 
“Our next match is in about two hours.” Yusuke said. “Where the hell is InuYasha?”
 
“Yuse,” Meg grumbled, “you're loud.”
 
“Sorry Meg.”
 
The door to the room that InuYasha slept in slammed open and Shippo ran out, flying to the kitchen. Nearly just as fast, he ran back into the room with a large bowl of water and a rag, slamming the door behind him. Shortly after, he came back out, only this time closing the door gently behind him. He went to the couch and sat down with his head in his hands.
 
“Shippo, what was all that?” Yusuke asked.
 
Shippo groaned and looked to Yusuke. “InuYasha won't be able to make today's match, I'll be filling in.”
 
Yusuke growled. “Why?”
 
“Kagome's body's purifying.”
 
“Purifying?” Sky asked. She was having an energetic day, which meant that she could stay awake for more than five minutes at a time.
 
“Since Kagome is a miko, and InuYasha's a hanyou, her body senses any conceived child as a threat. Usually her body would just simply clean out after they would have sex; but not always, and since the baby has youki, her body purifies it, and the purifying is quite painful.” he explained.
 
“What about Kendra?”
 
“Kendra's a miracle.” Shippo stated blankly.
 
“So,” Yusuke asked, “how long does it usually last?”
 
“Anywhere from a day to a month, it just depends on how far along she is.”
 
“Great.”
 
“Is there anything that we can do?” Sky asked, the concern in her voice obvious.
 
Shippo shook his head. “Just stay away, only her mate can help her now,” he looked at the closed door, “and the only thing he can do is to hold her tight.”
 
Yusuke looked around. “And where's Hiei?”
 
“Andy's not sleeping, she's getting a bit irritable. She got mad and ran off again, she told me that she was going to jump off the island.” Meg explained. She glanced up at her pissed off mate. “There's no boat leaving, she'll get to the edge of the island and decide the water's too cold.”
 
“This is just great.”
 
Keiko put a hand on Yusuke's shoulder. “Yusuke, this is why I'm here.” She said.
 
“We only taught you defense Keiko.”
 
She smiled. “No, you only taught me defense. Kuwa and Hiei taught me basic kata.”
 
“Do you even own a katana?”
 
“My katana is in my bag, but,” she pulled down her socks, pulled up her sleeves, and lifted one side of her skirt to the top of her hip; there was a different size dagger strapped in each place. “I carry these ones with me at all times.” She smiled at the look on Yusuke's face. “Not only am I hunted by demons because of you, but I'm one of the most loved and most hated journalists in both Ningenkai and Makai.”
 
Yusuke glared at the wall since neither Hiei nor Kuwabara were present. “Hated journalist in the Makai?”
 
“Sure, Koenma provided me with a ring to jump to both sides, I report there too.”
 
“And why wasn't I told about any of this?”
 
“We knew you'd freak.”
 
“And your parents? What did they have to say when they found out you can swing a sword around?”
 
Keiko started to her room. “They were so happy, they paid for every form of martial art they could find.” She turned once more. “Even Genkai taught me for a fair amount of money.” She closed the door behind her.
 
Yusuke now glared at the door that Keiko had just closed. Meg put her arms around Yusuke's neck. “Yusuke, just relax, it's good that she can defend her self and be able to attack as well.” Yusuke continued to growl. Meg sat up and sat on his legs, then she leaned foreword and gave Yusuke a gentle kiss. She pulled away and said, “Now try and relax already, it's not going to do anyone any good if you get mad and go on a killing spree.”
 
Yusuke put his arms around Meg and pulled her closer so that her head rested on his chest. “Of course, for you Meg.” She relaxed into his arms and fell asleep snoring softly.
 
“Yusuke, I'll stay behind and watch her for you during your fight.” Sky said after a long silence.
 
Kuronue was instantly standing. “You're not staying here without protection. You may be having an energy day, but it could stop at any second.”
 
“Ronue, I'll be fin, I-”
 
“No.”
 
“But-”
 
“No.”
 
“I-”
 
“No.”
 
“If-”
 
“No.”
 
Sky glared and growled at Kuronue. “Fine, I won't stay behind, I'll just go with you so you get your way as always.” She crossed her arms and went to sit on the window, grumbling.
 
Yusuke laid Meg on the couch and stood up. “I'll just stay here, it's not a problem. Keiko can act as captain, she knows everyone's limits.”
 
The door to Keiko and Botan's room opened. Shippo nearly fell of the couch. He ran over to the door and breathed a sigh of relief. “I thought I was seeing a ghost for a minute there. Keiko, you look a lot like an old friend, are you aware that you're wearing the traditional suit of the taijiya?”
 
Keiko blinked at Shippo. “Did I forget to mention that I'm a descendent of the taijiya?” She looked around. “I'm guessing that's a no.”
 
Shippo grabbed the edge of the pink shoulder armor. “Where on earth did you get this?”
 
“My mom had it in a trunk in the attic, it was given to my dad. I'm the first one that fits into it in about 500 years.”
 
He leaned foreword and sniffed. “It even smells like she did.” He mumbled. Keiko gave him a confused look. “I knew the last person to wear this. It was, as you said, 500 years ago.”
 
“Keiko, you're acting captain today, gather whoever's going and get down to the ring, understand?” Yusuke said from the kitchen area.
 
She looked surprised, but nodded. “I understand, but why me?”
 
“One, you're my alternate; and two, you know everyone's strengths and weaknesses, I caught you going through everyone's file earlier.”
 
“Ah, right. Lessee, Kuronue, Shippo, and where's Ku-” she was cut off by the door slamming open and Kurama coming through with a smirking Rika behind him.
 
Kurama sat on the couch next to Sky and Kuronue. Rika went into Keiko's room and came out with Riku. “I told you that time made no difference Kurama, I'm still as fresh as I was before I got pregnant.”
 
Sky held her hand out. Grumbling, Kuronue handed her a small sack of money. Sky smiled as she put it into the folds of her kimono. Kurama looked at them confused.
 
“Allow me to explain,” Sky said, “Kuronue and I had a small bet going on you two. I said you wouldn't make it `till Riku's first birthday, Kuronue said otherwise. I won, so now I have some money.” She beamed at Kuronue and pounced on him for a hug.
 
Rika shook her head. “What am I going to do with you Sky?”
 
“Give me a cookie and pat me on the head.” Sky offered.
 
Rika rolled her eyes. “I don't think so.”
 
Keiko pulled the mask onto her face. “Ok guys, let's get down to the arena, our match is in 20 minutes. Yusuke's staying behind and left me in charge.”
 
“Ma'am, yes ma'am.” Kurama teased with a fake salute. After receiving a whack on the head from Rika, he left out the door.
 
Keiko stopped on her way out. “You'll be sure to tell me any news about our MIA friends?” she asked Yusuke, who nodded.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Read and review please
 
Reviewers:
 
matzes1: ty
SesshomaruInuyashaKagome: the one that's been here since the beginning. ^-^