InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Such a Small World ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Such a Small World
 
By: KibaSin/Kiba
 
Summary: Yusuke is bored with his `perfect life'. So, he slips off his wedding band and sleeps with a girl who's having problems with her relationship. He finds he likes the thrill of possibly being caught and continues. It was only a matter of time…
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha. They belong to Yoshihiro Togashi and Takahashi Rumiko, thus I hold no ownership to either of the series and gain nothing but self-accomplishment from writing this fanfiction.
 
Rating: T
 
Genre: Romance/Drama
 
OoO
 
Important Note: You must remember that everyone within the story is going to be human. If you do not, then you might get confused and I don't want that to happen to anyone that happens to read this. I'm going to tell you now, though, that if you don't like the idea of the Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha characters being human that you shouldn't read this. Because they will be human, they will not have most of the abilities that they do during the manga or animes. Their pasts have been altered just enough so that it fits within the story, but doesn't go overboard, and I'm not going to change it simply because someone doesn't like it. I'm only warning you once.
 
Kiba
 
OoO
 
Chapter One
 
Urameshi Keiko stared blankly at the wall, the videotape she'd decided to watch still running as her heart screamed that it wasn't true. The sound of a woman moaning continued to haunt her thoughts, while the sound of her husband's voice filled her ears, ringing over and over again. The dirty words spilling from the television caused her to take a small glance at the screen, before she once more turned to stare at the wall, tears beginning to form in her eyes.
 
Reaching over to the video camcorder, she hit the stop button, before placing her head into her hand. The tears finally began to course down her face, the realization of the situation coming to life. She'd watched the entire thing twice now, trying to tell herself that it wasn't true. She'd hoped that it was merely Yusuke with his friends or something, which would have explained why it had been left on and the battery was dead when she returned home from visiting her family. She had known that it was strange to find it sitting on top of their dresser with a dead battery and still clicked so that it would turn on as soon as the battery was charged.
 
She wasn't sure what possessed her to watch it. Now, though, the doubts that her friends had been putting into her head had finally come to life and she cursed the short black-haired woman Yusuke had called `Kagome'. She couldn't blame Yusuke, the woman had been good-looking, but what had caused him to find pleasure with another woman? What had caused him to cheat on her? She wanted to blame and curse the woman, but she knew that it probably wasn't her fault. Not the way she'd flinched and tried to convince Yusuke of not going through with it during the beginning of the video. All she really remembered about it was Yusuke saying, “I'll tell if you don't…”
 
Everything pointed to Yusuke being the villain, while her and this Kagome were merely victims. It made her heart break, knowing that Yusuke was possibly blackmailing pretty women into sleeping with him, since there was the chance that Kagome wasn't the only one. Then again, Kagome might not even be the woman's real name—it was an odd one to have. Even so, she was still a victim because there had been real fear in her eyes the moment Yusuke told her he'd `tell'.
 
There was no way Yusuke would have planned recording that. The fear in Kagome's eyes had been real, which lead Keiko to believe that Yusuke was blackmailing her simply because of her looks. Or perhaps because he knew something about her that would ruin her life should it get back to her family… or her boyfriend. A woman that pretty had to have a boyfriend, and she doubted it was Yusuke. Especially since Yusuke had either been late or missed out most of their dates while they were going out. So, maybe the woman had been drunk and needed up sleeping with her husband… then Yusuke figured out who she was and told her he'd tell her boyfriend everything if she didn't continue sleeping with him.
 
She smiled bitterly. It just sounded like something her Yusuke would end up doing in the end. Her friends had always told her that Yusuke was too much of a bad boy for just one woman. That one day he'd end up going off to find another woman and try to keep it behind her back. She only wished that she hadn't yelled at them, telling them that Yusuke had changed. Telling them that Yusuke would never do that to her because he loved her. Now, she wouldn't be surprised if they laughed in her face when she told them that everything they said had come true. Sure, afterward they might comfort her, but she was positive they'd laugh at her first.
 
Her hands clenched around the edge of her shirt, millions of thoughts rushing through her head as she tried to overcome the anger at Yusuke, the rage, the sadness, the worry, and now the guilt she felt when it came to her friends. If she'd listened to any of the signs then she might have been able to do something exciting and new with Yusuke, thus averting his mind from doing this.
 
From destroying their family. Beginning to tear apart the love she'd thought they felt for each other. Making her feel as if she wanted to simply fall asleep and never wake up again… Another smile crossed her lips a bit, for she knew she couldn't have that. Even if Yusuke didn't care, she still had a child to take care of. Their child. She wasn't about to leave that duty behind to a cheating bastard who'd probably laugh at the fact that she'd killed herself. Not when Rini, she knew, loved her and would miss her should anything happen to her.
 
Wiping at her face, Keiko stood from the bed. She'd just wait until Yusuke got home, because she was going to tell him exactly what was going to happen from then on. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to go through with this anymore. Not with the knowledge that Yusuke might end up cheating on her again, even when he'd given his word it wouldn't happen. With a final look at the video camcorder, Keiko shook her head and went to find her suitcase. She had a deep feeling that Yusuke wouldn't be the one leaving; he was much too stubborn to even consider the idea.
 
He'd have to deal with the fact that her and Rini wouldn't be around until he could prove that he wasn't going to do anything like this ever again. Until then her and their daughter would be visiting someone. She wasn't sure whom yet, but she'd figure that out when the time came. After all, there weren't that many of her friends who even had enough room to house her and Rini.
 
OoO
 
Tears of regret washed down her cheeks as she stumbled down the road. It was beginning to get dark and her legs hurt from walking so much. That's all she'd been doing since the time she'd woken that morning, trying to make everything simply leave her alone. But everything clung to her like her shadow; making her know that she'd done something she'd never wanted to. She'd done something simply because she'd been fighting with the man she loved. She'd done it because of the sweet words that fell from another man's mouth, simply because she'd wanted to hear them. But she'd done something so much worse.
 
Again. She'd done it again. She felt so dirty, but when she found out that Yusuke knew her boyfriend, everything had gone downhill. It meant that he'd be able to tell him that she'd broken their fragile trust, and then everything she'd come to care about would fall through her fingers. Her entire world would collapse beneath her feet, leaving her falling into nothing but despair. Besides, she couldn't bear to hurt her love that way.
 
So she was trying to run away from her problems. Trying to make sure that they didn't catch up with her in the end. Even when she knew that sooner of later they'd come back to haunt her. That she'd never be able to escape the fact that she'd slept with another man. That she'd betrayed the only man that should have ever done such sinful things to her body. Not that Yusuke hadn't tried to make it enjoyable, but it just hadn't been the same.
 
Not without the love that she knew was in her heart. For a near silent man who only spoke whenever something important needed to be said. A man who could easily be pinned as the rudest she'd ever met, yet she loved him. More so than she'd ever thought she could. She loved him so much that she'd given him the most precious thing she had, even though she'd told herself over and over again that she'd never give it up until she was married. Hell, not even Inuyasha, the bastard, had managed to get it out of her, no matter how many times he tried. And she'd thought she loved Inuyasha. That love, though, was only a small speck compared to the flame she felt for the man who'd helped mend her shredded heart.
 
After what Inuyasha had done to her, she wasn't entirely surprised she'd been swayed so easily. That her so called friends had managed to actually make her think that her boyfriend wouldn't be faithful to her. She shouldn't have ever believed that, for it was obvious what kind of man he was. Which meant that she'd been the one to go against everything she'd ever known. She'd done the thing that she'd almost been certain he would end up doing. All because of the fear from her past relationship that she'd felt—the fear that her friends fed, hoping she'd do what she'd never thought she'd do.
 
She had, even after all these years of telling herself she'd give herself to one man and one man only. Then it was all flushed down the toilet simply because she'd ended up fighting with her boyfriend, trying to see if he would do such a thing or not. It wasn't like he'd told her that he wouldn't, and he didn't deny that he wouldn't, so what was she to believe. Her heart, or the words that she'd heard from others? Was she to believe that he'd never cheat on her simply because her heart told her he wasn't that type of man, or the fact that everyone else seemed to think he would?
 
She was so confused. She wanted to simply drop somewhere and never get up again. Not like it would do her any good, she already felt like she was being ripped apart. She'd only be helping her self-torture along, knowing that she was filth. She was the one to sleep with another person while she was in a relationship. She'd done something she'd been taught to never do.
 
Sobs began to fill her chest as she turned her face toward the rising moon, wishing it would give her the peace she sought. Wishing that she'd be able to simply make everything go away, to stop haunting her every time she thought of what she'd done. Wishing that his angry eyes would stop flashing in her thoughts, telling her that he'd most likely drop her like he'd done so many other women before her. He'd call her a whore and tell her to never step into his sight again.
 
She'd be once again heart broken. But not like when Inuyasha chose Kikyo, her own cousin, over her. No, it'd be so much worse. She already felt like she was killing herself, but she was sure that if anything were to happen to him… even if he were to never want to see her again, she'd die on the inside. She wouldn't want to live. She'd rather drown herself, or perhaps just stop eating and drinking. She was sure the only person who'd try to help her at that point would be her stepsister, Sango. There'd be only one person who'd care, while the rest were laughing at the fact that she'd believed them. That she'd allowed them to plant the seeds of doubt into her mind and made her go against everything her deceased mother had taught her.
 
Turning down another street, Higurashi Kagome stumbled again. She placed her hand against a nearby wall in order to stop herself from falling completely onto her face. She knew that she was usually a little graceful since she'd started dating again, but she was a klutz underneath everything else. She tried so hard to sniffle the sobs that continued to fill her chest, as she moved down street upon street, hoping everything would simply fall from her shoulders and never bother her again. Somewhere, though, deep inside, she knew her wish wouldn't come true.
 
Going down another street, she once again looked up at the moon for console. Wishing that her mother were there to comfort her, instead of merely the scent that still filled the shrine. The shrine she'd given to Sango, since she hadn't been able to handle the fact that she would be living there without her mother anymore. She missed her mother so much.
 
She didn't realize that she'd been walking the same streets over and over again, simply trying to find some type of peace. She didn't realize that everyone she knew walked the same streets. She didn't realize anything for her eyes were blurry and she simply wanted to fall to her knees and wail to the moon. She wanted to, hoping that it would make her pain go away. That her sin would melt from her shoulders and never come back to haunt her, but she knew that sooner or later he would find out. Her life was ruined and it was all because of a stupid man named Urameshi Yusuke.
 
“Hn.” Kagome's eyes snapped up when she heard the sound, her frightened eyes landing upon a black figure standing under a streetlight. “I was beginning to wonder where you'd wandered off to. Sango called and said you hadn't come home, concerned over every little thing like the woman usually is.”
 
Her body shook, her feet cementing her to the ground. “H-H-Hiei…” she stuttered, staring into the strangely colored eyes that her boyfriend had. The eyes that had caused his parents to give him up to an orphanage when he was born—the red eyes that she was positive would see into her very soul.
 
“You seem frightened to see me, Kagome,” Hiei said, frowning. “Usually you're cheery and run straight into my arms.” He frowned deeper, “What's wrong?”
 
Hiei.”
 
Continuing to stare at him in fear and sadness, Kagome felt herself crack.