InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Such a Small World ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two
 
Yusuke whistled to himself, grinning as he walked toward home. He was glad that his wife was going to be finally be home, instead of having to go out and find some excitement. He knew that he shouldn't have done it, but he was somewhat drunk and then he'd found that it was exciting. Knowing that Keiko could decide at any moment to come home early and find him with another woman. Yes, he was slightly angry with himself for taking advantage of Kagome, but it had happened, twice.
 
The second time was simply because he'd needed a little relief and he didn't want to disturb Keiko while she was visiting her family. He'd hated the fact that he'd known the woman he'd slept with the first time, but it had worked out for him. After all, it wasn't like her relationship with Hiei was the best, which meant it was easy to tell her that he'd simply tell Hiei she was a slut. Besides, she was a nice piece of ass, maybe even nicer than Keiko was. Sure, she was in love with Hiei, but she had slept with him the first time, so what was a second? It was her own fault for listening to the women Hiei allowed her to hang around and trying to find comfort in someone elses arms, not his.
 
Then there was the other woman; some chick named Yuri, but that was only once. He'd been trying to find some type of excitement in his life since it had started to become dull over the last year. Yes, he knew that he should be faithful to his wife, but there was just something about cheating that made his blood boil. Something that he wanted to do over and over again, hoping deep down that Keiko would come to understand why he was doing it. Besides, it wasn't like his mother had ever been the best role model and he'd always wondered if he even had a father because the bastard ran out on them. If Keiko wanted to get pissy with him then she could, but he was trying to save their marriage, instead of simply becoming so bored with it that he left her all together.
 
Like his father left his mother.
 
Sighing through his nose, his whistling coming to an end, Yusuke stared down the street. He didn't want that to happen, which was the reason he went through with the act each time. He loved his little girl, he loved his wife, and he didn't want a little boredom to get in the way of that. He didn't want to end up like his own father and run out on them after five long years. So, he searched for a bit of excitement, and he'd found it the night that he'd found Kagome crying on a barstool. He did it in order to make sure the boredom went away and his little girl wasn't left without a father. But did that make it right? No.
 
“God damn it,” Yusuke cursed, “what's wrong with me?” He hated whenever his conscience went against him, trying to make him see reason. He needed to find excitement in order to keep himself with Keiko, thus making sure that Rini didn't go fatherless. He needed to, but his conscience knew that it wasn't right, which meant he knew. In the end, that meant he was in deep shit if Keiko ever found out.
 
Hell, he wouldn't even have to worry about Keiko if Hiei ever found out. The fucking guy was protective as hell over Kagome, even though he hated to admit it, which meant he'd dug himself a grave. He'd dug himself a grave twice over. Hiei was sure to find out and when that happened Keiko would find out and his life would crumble before his eyes. He just hoped that his little trip for excitement wouldn't mean that he wouldn't be able to fix his wrong, make sure that everything went back to normal. True, Hiei might never look at him without glaring, perhaps even dump Kagome, but he was more worried about his marriage than his friendship with Hiei.
 
Why can't I think of these things before I do something? Yusuke wondered. He knew that he was the type to simply do before thinking, but he hated it. Sometimes he simply wished he could think before he did something, thus avoiding all the trouble that he put himself in. He blamed it on his parentage, but he knew that it was his fault he was that way. He shouldn't have picked so many fights when he was in school. He'd always told himself to merely kick their ass without thinking, which led him to do most things without thinking about the consequences first.
 
Running a hand through his messy hair, Yusuke hoped that he could fix what he'd done. Maybe even patch up his friendship with Hiei, since he knew he'd broken the fragile trust between him and Kagome, not to mention the thin one they'd managed to create. Hiei was sure to never trust him again, maybe even telling him to never even look at Kagome again, but that wouldn't bother him. Looking at her might get him around to thinking about finding some more excitement, no matter who the girl was. He knew that he'd have to try really hard to even get Hiei to talk to him, though, since the guy barely trusted anyone. Hell, he only trusted Kagome because he'd fallen in love with her. He was lucky to have been there when Hiei had mumbled it to Kagome, which made him feel even worse.
 
“Damn it, I've really screwed up.” He glared at the ground, pressing his lips together as hard as he could. He'd known, even when he'd taken Kagome to bed the first time, that she'd been emotionally broken, which meant he'd taken advantage of her. The second time he'd blackmailed her. Hiei was sure to hate him for that. The man had always been bitter about the fact that his own parents gave him up simply because his eyes were different. He wasn't albino, but his eyes were almost blood red, which had, from what the orphanage had told him, made them want to give him up—all because of a small defect in his genetics. He was amazed that the guy had gotten over his bitterness to even fall in love, and he'd probably screwed up their relationship.
 
He shouldn't have even touched Kagome. He should have found another woman, like Yuri, and fucked her. But no, he had to be simply looking at the fact that the woman was easily swayed and good-looking. Then he woke up and found out that the woman he'd fucked his friend's woman, which had made it even more exciting. He should have kept his hands to himself after that, especially with the guilt that had washed over him at first, but then he'd realized it had been exciting. He'd found the excitement he'd been looking for, and so he did it again when Keiko left.
 
The exact fucking day that Keiko left!
 
Now, though, he wished that he hadn't even gone out to look for excitement. He should have spoken with someone else and asked them what he could have done to make the feeling go away. Instead of doing it twice with a woman he should have never touched, only afterward thinking about all the things that could, mostly likely would, be ruined because of it. All the things he'd screwed up, most of which weren't even his own. The feelings that he'd probably crushed beneath his feet in his search, and the possibility that his marriage was going to go down the tube.
 
His thoughts turned to Keiko, hoping that she'd understand his reasoning. Yes, she was probably going to be angry with him for quite some time, yelling and asking constantly where he had been, but he hoped she'd get over it. Allow him to explain and make it up. Hopefully help him find some way to get away from the boredom that continued to cling to him, ordering him to do something against the things he'd promised himself when he met Keiko. The promises he'd made when he'd decided he was going to ask her to marry him five years ago, and they'd slipped through his fingers so easily.
 
Yusuke looked up to find himself in front of their small little home, and closed his eyes momentarily to compose himself. He knew from the lights inside that Keiko was home. He knew that he was going to spill everything once she jumped into his arms. He just hoped that she'd give him time to explain, instead of simply slapping him and yelling for him to get out. Well, he wasn't going to leave, and he hoped he could stop Keiko from leaving. So that he could explain and hopefully put his life back onto the trail he'd wanted it to continue on.
 
That wouldn't stop him from hating himself, though. Because he did. Not only because he'd slept with Hiei's girl, but because he'd also slept with Yuri, seeking the excitement he wanted. Trying to make sure boredom didn't break his marriage. His wonderful, happy marriage, with his loving wife and his beautiful daughter. He hated himself now more than he'd ever hated himself, knowing that Keiko could have had any man she'd ever wanted; yet he held onto her. Simply because he loved her and was selfish enough to keep her from going after what she deserved… and now he'd probably ruined it all.
 
Walking up the path to the door, Yusuke fumbled in his pocket for his key. He knew that the door was most likely unlocked, but there was always the chance that it had been locked again. Keiko had always been the one to want to protect them, locking the doors and the windows. A smile crossed his face for a moment as he thought about it, knowing that Keiko was a wonderful mother and an excellent wife. She was protective and beautiful, yet he wasn't pleased with just her. Why? He'd never know, and he doubted he'd ever understand the reason why sleeping with other women excited him so much.
 
Maybe it was because it made him feel younger. Not that he was that old, but it had made him feel like a teenager who was upset or sick of his clingy girlfriend. But he wasn't a teenager anymore and he didn't have a clingy girlfriend, and he wasn't sick of his wife. He wasn't sure why it had made him feel that way, nor did he know why he wasn't pleased with Keiko. He loved Keiko, yet something just wasn't there anymore.
 
Gently taking hold of the doorknob, Yusuke turned it to test if it was unlocked or not. When it swung open he let go, though, and looked down into the red face of his wife, tears still streaming down from her eyes. He blinked; worry gripping his heart, fear filling his body when he noticed she was holding a suitcase in one hand and Rini was standing just behind her, her own suitcase trailing behind her. Smiling a little, he asked, “Where ya goin', Keiko? Anywhere important?”
 
“Away from you,” Keiko hissed. “And don't try to act innocent, Yusuke. I know about your little night activities while Rini and I were away!”
 
He blinked, “What?”
 
“Go get in the car, Rini,” Keiko said, looking down at the little girl at her side. When her daughter nodded and walked past her father out the door, she turned her angry eyes to the man standing in the doorway. “If you must know, Yusuke, Rini and I are going to go to Yukina's until you decide whether you want to make this family work or not. Especially after I found out you've been sleeping with other women! Tell me, Yusuke, did you expect to hide it from me? Especially when you recorded the damn act?”
 
“I didn't…” Yusuke started, only to be shoved out of his angry wife's way. He looked behind him as she walked down the pavement toward her car, where Rini was waiting in the backseat, waving at him. “I didn't do…”
 
“Don't try to deny it, Urameshi Yusuke,” Keiko replied, turning to look at him. “I saw the damn video. Maybe next time you should turn it off afterward, instead of letting the battery die and simply leaving it on. Or maybe you should try taking the sex tape out afterward, hoping I won't find it.”
 
“Keiko…”
 
“Goodbye, Yusuke.” Keiko threw her suitcase into the front seat, before sliding it over into the left seat and getting into the drivers seat. “If you wish to try and convince me that what I saw wasn't actually you, then you'll know where to find me. Or maybe you can try to convince me that you'll never do this again. Either way, I'll be with Yukina.” She made sure to slam the door, feeling fresh tears beginning to run down her cheeks. Putting the key into the ignition, Keiko started the car and nearly floored the gas once she was sure it wouldn't suddenly die on her.
 
Yusuke stood there, frozen in place as his wife and his daughter began to drive away from him. He hadn't… had he? Turning back to the house, he raced inside, barely taking time to close the door behind him as he went. He needed to know if he'd actually ended up recording the goddamn act. If he had, then there was solid proof for everyone. Not only Keiko, but Hiei and everyone else that he knew. Which meant his life was going to completely fall apart, he could feel it.
 
He should have never decided to slip off his wedding band in order to continue. He shouldn't have found the act thrilling, yet he had. He'd ruined his life. His perfect life. Before he decided he was bored, and screwed up so many things.
 
OoO
 
He wanted to kill something. More like someone. More like a certain person that he happened to be an acquaintance of, a person that Kagome hadn't been aware of because she'd always been talking with someone else at the time. That damn Urameshi Yusuke had touched what was his! His hand clenched as he gazed at the woman now sobbing at his feet, wrapping her arms around herself as she confessed everything that she'd done.
 
He wanted to blame her, to yell at her, and tell her to never come near him again. He did, but his heart clenched at the thought of never seeing her again, or trying to avoid her like the plague. He wanted to make her believe that she was scum that didn't deserve to be in his presence, but gazing down at her, he knew she'd already done that to herself. She'd already tortured herself so much that she wasn't even trying to reach out to him, knowing that he would most likely push her aside. And it hurt him to know that she was already doing so. To know that he was causing her to sob in such a way, even though he hadn't been the real reason. No, Yusuke was to blame for that. Yusuke and his damn…
 
He deflated, watching her simply sob; never even looking up at him in hope that he might give her a second chance. Yes, he was angry with Yusuke, he wanted to kill him more than anything, but he couldn't be angry with her. Not after what she'd told him. Looking away from her, he scowled, “Don't cry, Kagome.”
 
She took a small glance up at him, giving him a good glance at her puffy eyes and her quivering lip. “But… I… I… slept with…”
 
“I know,” he snapped. His voice was colder than he'd meant for it to be, but he didn't care at that moment. He knew he shouldn't take it out on her, but he couldn't help himself. It was her fault, as well as Yusuke's, even if he didn't want to admit it. She shouldn't have listened to those stupid bitches' and she shouldn't have doubted him in the first place. That was the reason she'd ended up inside that bar and that was the reason Yusuke had taken advantage of her. So, it was mostly Yusuke's fault, and those stupid bitches', but she'd been in the right place at the right time.
 
His heart hurt. He knew he'd only told her once, maybe twice, but he truly loved her. She'd managed to make him understand that there were people out there who wanted to be with him. She wanted to be with him, even though his past wasn't the best. Even though he'd gotten into lots of fights and had been apart of a gang at one time. She didn't care about that, only the things that he did now, with her, and he loved her for that. The only person who probably knew that was a man named Shuichi, better known as Kurama—the only friend he truly trusted. His heart felt like it was about to burst, wanting to cry out everything that he was feeling at that moment, but he held himself in check, knowing it wouldn't help anything. Yes, Kagome might think he wasn't going to let her go, he wasn't, but it would only make him look weak should anyone else be around.
 
Seeing her flinch and once again look away from him, simply staying on her knees in front of him made his heart hurt even more. Knowing that he was causing her pain, something that he'd told himself he wouldn't do. Knowing that he was probably breaking her heart by simply not answering her, by keeping silent, most likely making her think that he was waiting for the right moment to explode. He didn't want to explode on her, though. No, he wanted to explode on Yusuke, beating the shit out of the little fucker he thought was his friend. The man who'd blackmailed his woman into sleeping with him for a second time. Especially when the bastard was married!
 
Glaring at a nearby lamppost, Hiei frowned deeply. “Get off the ground,” he whispered, his voice tight. He hated seeing her so weak, so miserable, so fragile in any way. He wanted to protect her, to make her feel cherished and happy, not like this woman that was currently sobbing in front of him. When he was sure she hadn't heard him, he reached out and grabbed her arm, saying, “Kagome… get off the ground.”
 
Kagome complied, standing when his grip tightened on her arm. She stared at him, wondering when he was going to start yelling at her. She'd only seen him yell once, and it was only because he'd been completely pissed off, but she was waiting for the storm that was sure to hit. She felt dirtier than before as he pulled her forward, beginning to walk down the street with his hand wrapped around her arm. “Hiei, where are we going…?” she whispered. She knew him better than most; she knew that he wouldn't have anything against hurting someone. It terrified her to know that he might hurt her, and she knew that she'd never tell. She deserved whatever he threw at her.
 
“I'm taking you home,” he ground out, anger gripping him completely. “Then I'm going to go talk with Kurama.” He closed his eyes, stopping for a moment, before turning to look into her eyes, “I want this to still work.” He knew that she could see the pain, confusion, and hope in his eyes when he heard her gasp in surprise. Tears still streamed down her face, but he saw her smile a little, a watery smile that made him love her more.
 
She nodded quickly, bringing her other hand up to grasp his. Prying his fingers away from her arm she brought her left hand up to wrap her fingers around his own. “I want this to work, too, Hiei. I know you might not forgive me, but…”
 
“This isn't your fault,” he said. “Not entirely.”
 
“Thank you, Hiei…”
 
Turning away from her, he nodded a bit. He felt her squeeze his hand, before beginning to walk forward once more. He hoped beyond hope that he would be able to make this work. He hoped that every time he looked at her he didn't see the stain that had been placed upon her hands. He'd wanted to be her one and only, and Yusuke had ripped that away from him, those stupid bitches' who wanted into his pants had stolen that away from him. He hated them all. He wanted them all dead, but right now he knew he needed to calm down. For Kagome's sake, if not his own. He needed to speak with Kurama, hopefully finding a way to get around this whole event and get on with his life, being happy like he had been before just thinking about being with Kagome.
 
She wasn't entirely sure what was wrong with him. She hoped that he wasn't lying, but she'd never known him to be a lair, so she pushed that thought out the window before she doubted him once again. She hoped that he wasn't merely saying those words so that she wouldn't say anything. She wanted to stay with him. She wanted to be with him simply because she'd grown to love him. She wanted to so badly, but she knew now that he deserved so much better than her. He deserved a woman who would stay faithful to him always. A person wouldn't believe the words of others and be swayed away from him so easily. Yet he wanted to stay with her, in hopes that they could still be happy together.
 
Tears once again began flooding down her cheeks; hope filling her body and mind at the thought of still being with the man she loved. Her heart cried out to his, wishing, hoping that he wouldn't break it like Inuyasha had so many times. She tightened her grip on his hand, pulling herself closer to him when she felt him pull her toward him. She smiled when his hand brought hers up so he could grasp it within his other and then wrapped his arm around her waist. Maybe there was still a chance that they could be together, happy as they once were. Maybe.
 
Things seemed to disappear for a fleeting moment, only the still night and the woman he loved on his mind, within his grasp. He knew it wouldn't last long, though. He did. He just hoped that once his anger returned that Yusuke was ready for him, because he wasn't going to allow him to get away with any of this. Yusuke was married, he should have known better. He shouldn't have slept with other women, and if he decided to, he shouldn't have touched his woman. The woman he loved. The woman he wasn't going to give up simply because of an idiotic bastard.