InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Time Warp *Revised* ❯ The Confrontation ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Finally! I’ve been waiting to write this chapter ever since I started this story :D  Please enjoy!!!!

-The Confrontation-

Ten minutes to midnight found Youko Kurama, Argath, and Sesshomaru sitting in a circle, waiting for a portal to the dream realm. The silence rang in their ears, as the adrenaline rushed through their veins. It was now that they would save the one who had warmed hearts of ice and it was now they would seek revenge.

Regal and dangerous, stood the three; Sesshomaru, Lord of Western Makai, the proud, powerful dog who would kill all that attempted to sully his pride; Youko Kurama, the impervious fox thief that stole to his heart’s content and was envious of all whom had something he did not; and lastly Argath, the shadow fox whom had lusted after the one human to claim his heart, and to say he felt slight envy for the fox Youko Kurama, was an understatement.

As the clock struck midnight, the portal appeared before them, dark like the shadowy beast that created it.

“It is now or never.” Spoke the prideful lord as he stepped through the portal. The two foxes grinned as they too stepped in. Upon arriving, Youko and Suichi split into two separate souls. In front of them stood a dark shadowy castle, whose walls were cracking and windows frosting. In front of the castle was a gate topped with fang like spikes. The four approached the gate silently and with the stealth of shadows themselves.  As the got to the gate a cloud wisped out in front of them.

“Hello there.” Spoke a small female fox whose black fur shone in the moonlight. “My name is Myldrid. I am enslaved by the man you’ve come to kill. He is just beyond these gates and inside the castle with his mate Kagome.” The woman struck a nerve in the thief whom snarled viciously.

“She is not his mate.” The woman smiled darkly before vanishing. “We shall see.” The waves of anger and jealousy that came off of Youko dissipated into the ground, and in return, turned into shadow demons. The four fought their way through the shadow demons and through the gate. The closer they were to their goal, the more their anger, jealousy, and pride grew.

What went unnoticed by the four, were the glowing yellow eyes, whose power grew from their sins. Not just any sins, the seven deadly sins. Their anger, their jealousy, their pride, their greed, lust, and gluttony; would perhaps be the end of them, and if not them, it would perhaps be the end of someone they held dear.

Youko’s POV-

After entering the building, we climbed the stairs and ran through the halls to the greatest source of power. We barged into a tall oak door and found the room empty. As Argath, Sesshomaru, and I stepped in, the door shut behind us, leaving Suichi outside. Suichi banged on the doors trying to get in, and I turned to the door.

“Red! Go find Kagome; we’ll take care of him!” I heard him shuffle his feet for a second before he ran down the South hallway. We stalked to the center of the room and gazed at the shadowy walls.

“Reveal yourself, Loriden. That is if you have the guts.” Argath yelled to the silent room. Sesshomaru rested his hands on Argath’s shoulder before speaking up.

“Lance. You are a fool to play with the powers that could very well destroy you. Come out now and face your inevitable death. You did declare your wish for a rematch 500 years ago, did you not? Now is your chance.” Thunderous laughter shook the room as Loriden appeared in front of us.

“You foolish dog. You think you can challenge me? I hold the life of your beloved sister in my hands. Youko Kurama! How wonderful it was stealing from a thief! You were so easily fooled, and to think you thought I was friends with Sesshomaru! Ah, Argath! It’s been quite a long time since you ratted us out to Reikai. How does it feel to know you are still a lazy, failure?” The said demons growled dangerously before drawing their weapons and attacking. The sounds of metal clashing, and demons growling, echoed off of the walls.

“How did you get so strong?” Sesshomaru asked him as he held the wound on his side. Loriden laughed out loud as he lowered his sword.

“Well you see, Sesshomaru, for five hundred years, I was searching for the girl whom managed to capture my heart. I waited and waited, and upon searching for her, I came across the dream realm. I managed to beat the ruler and become king of it, and it honestly wasn’t hard, considering he was my father. I gained his power, but that was not enough to beat you, Sesshomaru. When canines began to explore my new realm, I learned that the shadows allowed me to rile up the sins that are held so deep inside of you,”

“Sesshomaru; you are prideful; your wrath is deadly and you are very greedy concerning those you love. Argath; you are very lazy. You have also been very jealous, over not only me, but your lord and Youko, for you lust after the one whom doesn’t want you. Youko; you are very greedy; you shamelessly took everything from people and that desire to horde is deep within you. You are very proud and very strong. You took Argath’s love right from under his nose,” Loriden laughed cruelly. “And these shadows that dwell in your heart are more than strong enough to allow me to control you.” as he finished speaking, his eyes glowed bright and I lost control of what I was doing. I looked through my eyes as my body fought with both Sesshomaru and Argath.

“This is wrong!” I yelled inside my body, but it was to no avail, for no one heard. He tried to gain control but his dark side was much too strong. ‘I'm going to die here.’ I thought to my self. Dark images of my past attacked me as I was forced to relive them. I closed my eyes and began to think of Kagome, my only solace from the world of ice that I knew. “Kagome,” I whispered. Loriden’s eyes shot up and looked at me, all trace of amusement gone. “Loriden,” I struggled to say as I imagined Kagome holding my hand, kissing me, loving me the way I loved her,

“You have misjudged me. While in my past I was a merciless killer, my life has turned around, and allowed me to find love. I have found love in my new mother, my friends, and my intended, Kagome. You have made a mistake. Love is stronger than our sins, because love is a lighter power of the heart. I used to think that love was a silly human emotion, but I was wrong. I am in love with Kagome. I love her, as I love my mother, my brother, my friends, and my allies.” I smiled as their faces flew through my mind.

I looked him dead center in the eye as Sesshomaru and Argath struggled to gain control of them selves. With a smile I pulled out my rose whip.

“You silly fox,” I paused, “I love Kagome, and for her, I will kill you.” I dove in and we began to attack. Within minutes, his body was covered in scrapes, cuts, bruises, and deep gashes. I frowned as I heard Kagome scream. I narrowed my eyes at Loriden’s kneeling form.

“What have you done to her?” I demanded as he smiled darkly.

“That is for me to know, and for you to find out.”

Suichi’s POV –


I ran through the halls searching for Kagome’s room. As I neared the end of the Southern wing, I heard he cry out. I dashed into the room that contained her and found her chained to her bed and with gashes all over her. Her tears dripped down her face as she looked at me.

“Kagome! I'm here, love. I love you. I-” I was cut off by her cries. I looked at her body as a new gash formed. Her body was adorned by several infected cuts and bruises that looked as if they were inflicted with a whip. My eyes widened at her.

“Did Loriden do this to you?” I asked as I seethed. She shook her head no. I looked into her eyes in question and she cried out again.

“We don’t have much time! You have to save Loriden in order to save me. Our souls are connected! What ever happens to him, happens to me,” She let out a scream and she shuddered, “Youko and Sesshomaru must be killing him now. I love you Suichi! I love you, Youko. Please tell Sesshomaru that I love him and Argath too. They are like brothers to me. Go now!” I bolted out of the room the way I came with Kagome in my arms. I ran to the door and placed her on the ground trying to open the door. She let out another scream, and the door suddenly opened. I picked her up and carried her into the room where Youko stood above Loriden’s dying form. Youko turned to look at Kagome before his eyes flashed with anger. He raised his whip to kill Loriden. I reached out frantically,

“No Youko! Don’t kill him! Kagome will die if you do!” But the news reached his ears too late, and Loriden was struck. With his remaining breath he laughed.

“It seems I have won either way, Youko.” Loriden’s body faded into the shadows. I looked into Kagome’s eyes as I fell to the ground with her dead body in my arms.

“I Love you.” she whispered, as her body began to fade away. I brought my lips to hers and cried as she vanished from my arms. Youko sunk to his knees and stared in shock at my empty arms. Sesshomaru stood in shock as well as tears ran down his porcelain cheeks. Argath let out a sob as he threw his fists at the floor.

“How could we be so careless?” Youko whispered. I looked into his forlorn eyes as tears trailed down both of our cheeks.

“Let us return home. We will find her again. There must be a way to bring her back.” Sesshomaru said as he turned and left the room. We all stood and walked out of the room, with a dark shadow hanging heavy over our hearts.

As we returned to the castle, our heads were hung low. We passed Yusuke, Sango, Hiei, and Kuwabara silently. I looked at Shippo with sad eyes as tears traced down his face.

“I am sorry for failing you, Shippo.” I whispered as I walked on to my room. Sobs, yells, roars and howls could be heard echoing through out the entire castle. In the morning, everyone took their leave to their respective homes.

As I arrived inside my house, every light was out, and it was as empty as my soul felt. I cradled the jewel in my hands as I cried silently into my bed. Seconds climbed into minutes and minutes into hours. The hours grew into days as I sat silently in my room.

Two days after her death, my mother returned home and entered my room.

“Suichi, what’s wrong dear? Did something happen?” she asked me. I looked at her with sad empty eyes.

“She’s dead mother. Kagome. She died. It’s my fault, I should have been careful. But, I caused her death. I loved her mother! I loved her just as much as I love you. She’s gone!” I yelled as I fisted my sheets and cried into them. My mother stood shocked as she stared down at me.

“Suichi, dear, who’s Kagome?” I blinked at her in confusion.

“She’s my girlfriend mom. You met her last Thursday.” My mother looked at me confused.

“I never met this Kagome, Suichi, what are you talking about?” I stood upright in confusion. She had forgotten. It’s impossible. Someone must have erased Kagome from her memory. I shot out of bed. ‘Koenma!’ I seethed. Youko remained quiet.

“I apologize, mother, I must have dreamt it.” I turned from her and left my room to go see a certain toddler.

Koenma’s POV –

After erasing the world’s memory of her, I sat in my chair and sighed. ‘Kurama isn’t going to be pleased.’ Within seconds of thinking it, Kurama burst through my door.

“Speak.” He whispered to me. I felt a cold shudder run through me as he glowered at me. Youko appeared in his spot and cold sweat dripped down my forehead.

“Y-Youko! I, um, well, you see.” I hesitated “I erased everyone’s memories because there is no way to bring her back. Her soul is gone, so I erased her from existence. The only ones who know of her existence are the ones who are aware of demons and are demons, aside from her family of course.” He stared at me for a moment before turning away.

“No one in existence should ever forget about her.” He whispered as tears fell from his eyes. I felt tears fall as well.

“I know. But I had to. The world would go into chaos if she were to appear missing.” He nodded before leaving the room. I sighed and wiped my tears.

There will be another chapter after this. J

Converting /tmp/phpvWLR20 to /dev/stdout