InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Time Warp *Revised* ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Kurama’s POV –

I walked quietly into my home and sat on my bed once more. I stared at the jewel I held in my hand. I closed my eyes and thought of Kagome, The jewel pulsed before flying out of my hand. It landed on my desk on top of the note Kurone had given me.

‘Is it time?’ I pondered to my self. Youko spoke up ion my head.

/Open it. It could tell us how to get Kagome back./ I nodded and grabbed the jewel and the note.


Kurama,

If you are reading this, then Kagome has died. It needed to happen. Take the Jewel to her home and jump into the well. It will take you back to the past, before Loriden linked with her soul. Go back, bring a new note, this one is bound to be rather old. Bring Yusuke, Sango, Hiei, and Kuwabara. Reacquaint yourself with Lord Sesshomaru, Lord Kouga, and Argath. Kurone says hi, and he will assist you, he is waiting with the wolves. Argath should be at Sesshomaru’s castle. Go as soon as you read this, but remain level headed. Good luck, Kurama.


I felt my heart beat faster as I read it. Streaks of excitement filled my veins as I ran out the door.

“Suichi? Where are you going at this late?” My mother asked me. I turned to her with a small smile.

“I'm going to save my girlfriend.” I turned and walked out the front door transforming on the way out.

‘Youko! We must gather Yusuke, Hiei, Sango, Kuwabara, and Shippo.’ I urged as he took off down the street.

/I am aware./ Youko replied as he pushed off the ground once more. We arrived at Yusuke’s apartment within minutes. I transformed back into my human appearance and banged on the door. As my fist went to meet with the solid oak wood door, it opened and my fist almost flew into Yusuke’s face.

“What the hell are you doing here at midnight?” Yusuke demanded with his eyes red from crying and his hair a ruffled mess. I smiled at him.
“Yusuke, get ready! Were going to save Kagome! Hurry up, we’ll meet at Higurashi shrine in thirty minutes!” Yusuke looked up at me.

“H-how?” he asked as tears began to leak from the corners of his eyes. He quickly wiped them away.

“I’ll explain there, but you need to contact Kuwabara, and be there. I'm going to find Sango and Hiei.”  I gave Youko the control and we took off again.

‘Hiei!’ I yelled to our link. Hoping he would answer.

- What is it fox? - Hiei asked calmly.

/We’re going to save Kagome! Meet us at Higurashi shrine in half an hour!/ Youko answered for me.

- I-impossible. Are you joking fox? Because if you are I’ll – Hiei was interrupted.

‘Hiei! We don’t have time for this, do you really think I would joke about this?’ I asked calmly.

- Hn. – he answered silently.

‘Is Sango with you?’ I asked.

-Yes. She hasn’t exactly stopped crying. Even in her sleep. Shippo is here as well.-

/Good! Meet us at the shrine./ Youko urged. I smiled as we changed direction and headed towards the shrine.

Youko’s POV

We arrived ten minutes before Yusuke, Hiei, Sango, and Kuwabara would be meeting up with us. I jumped up the staircase and knocked on the door.

“Hello?” Asked the woman behind the screen. I smiled and tilted my head.

“Good evening Ms. Higurashi. I’m here regarding your daughter Kagome.” I paused and waited for her reaction.

“Kagome? I don’t have a daughter sir. I believe you are mistaken.” She answered calmly. I sighed.

“Ms. Higurashi, If you would allow me to explain, I don’t have much time.” She nodded and asked for me to come in. I walked into the living room and sat.

“Ms. Higurashi, you had a daughter, born eighteen years ago, three years before your husband died. Her name was Kagome. She lived a normal life until her fifteenth birthday when she was pulled into the well that resides in your shed. Believe it or not she was pulled into the world of demons, 500 years ago. I myself am a demon.” I paused as I transformed. The woman before me inhaled and for a moment her eyes were blank as if she was beginning to recall.

“She traveled in between worlds and times for three years, until her mission to complete the Shikon no Tama was complete. She was going to stay there, but she was betrayed by a half demon by the name of Inu-Yasha. She came home in a bloodied mess, and you helped heal her, with a young woman named Sango, and Kagome’s adopted kitsune son Shippo. It took her months to regain her confidence and she finally managed to smile again. She then met up with her cousin whom she discovered to be a demon and to be associated with a demon. She was instructed to meet up with an elderly woman named genkai whom trained her in her spiritual powers. After a while, she and I became a couple. We were happy. But she was taken from me by a man who was aligned with her father years before he died. His name was Lance, or Loriden. He took her to the dream realm where he connected their souls and led us into a trap. We killed him, but in killing him we killed your daughter with out knowing it. After her death, Reikai, or spirit world destroyed all memories of her from humans. I am going back in time to kill Loriden, before he can link to Kagome’s Soul. Farewell.”

I stood and turned to leave but she grabbed my arm.

“K-kagome? She died and you’re going to save her? Do you have a picture of her?” She asked. I smiled as I pulled out my wallet. I pulled out a picture of Kagome, Shippo, and I from when we first started dating and handed it to her. The woman started crying and grabbed my hands.

“You looked like such a happy family. Please bring her back; if what you say is true, then I’ll get her back.” She begged. I smiled at the woman and kissed her hands.

“I promise on my life to bring her back. If she doesn’t come back, neither will I.” I turned and walked out the door down the steps where I knew, everyone was waiting.


Yusuke’s POV

After calling Kuwabara, we both met up and headed over to Kagome’s Shrine. I was scared, I was happy, and I was curious. But over all, I was ready to kick someone’s ass. I knew Kurama wouldn’t have gathered us all together for any other reason. As we arrived two minutes late, I saw Hiei and Sango holding hands with Shippo on Sango’s shoulder.

“Hiei! Sango!” I yelled as we ran to where we were meeting up.

“Where is Kurama?” I asked them. Hiei looked at me in irritation, but I could tell he was merely anxious.

“He is inside talking to the mother.” I nodded and began to walk up the steps to meet him. As I began to take the first steps, I saw Kurama at the top.

“Everyone, come up here! Quickly!” Kurama yelled. I ran up the steps with Kuwabara in tow. Hiei and Sango were already at the top when I finally reached it.

“Explain fox.” Hiei said quietly.

Kurama’s POV

“We’re going back in time to kill Loriden. If we kill him 500 years in the past, then he won’t be able to link their souls, and he’ll never make contact with Kagome.” I answered simply. We walked to the shed that contained the well and I turned to everyone.

“Everyone hold hands. We’re jumping into the well.” As we jumped, a blue light surrounded us and we then stood under a midnight blue sky with stars that twinkled bright. Some of us jumped out the well, while others climbed. As we looked around we saw Sesshomaru holding Inu-Yasha by the neck. I frowned.

“This is right before we left.” Sango said. Her eyes widened as  she took off towards the village.

“She’s going to save Kaede.” Hiei said slowly as he took off following her. As everyone went to follow, I headed towards Sheshomaru and Inu-Yasha, and gave Youko control.

Youko drew closer and Sheshomaru looked up at us.

“Youko Kurama, what brings you here?” He asked.

“I’m here to kill the fool who hurt my intended. I am from five hundred years into the future. I have a mission to complete, allies to find and people to kill, I'm starting with him.”

“Who the fuck are you? I'm Kagome’s only intended, you bastard!” The hanyou yelled. I turned towards him and summoned my rose whip. Sesshomaru gave a sadistic grin and turned towards me.

“Youko, I will swear my allegiance to you, and allow you a part in killing the shame of my family.” I grinned as he withdrew his Bakusaiga.

“Inu-Yasha, you should have never given her up, you fool. Now she is mine.” Sesshomaru threw Inu-Yasha to the ground and I attacked with my whip, continuously. After giving him a reprieve from my whip, Sesshomaru dove in with his sword, barely giving time for Inu-Yasha to respond and dodge. Inu-Yasha dove to the left to avoid Sesshomaru’s sword, but ran right into my whip. Inu-Yasha clutched his side and spit out blood. I grinned as Sesshomaru stood straight and stopped attacking.

“Now half breed, you will die. I have planted my death seed into your body. With a snap of my fingers it will spring to life and kill you.” Inu-Yasha backed away and ran for the woods with a grin I allowed the plant to come forth. Within seconds, Screams were heard from his dying body. As he succumbed to his death, the plants fed on him happily.

I turned to Sesshomaru and bowed.

“My lord, I am in need of assistance for saving Kagome. I-” I was cut off by an angry yell.

“You impudent dog and stupid fox! That hanyou was mine to kill! I’ll kill you for this.” He dove in and I growled.

“This is him, Sesshomaru. He must die.” Sesshomaru nodded and as the battle went on, I contacted Hiei.

/Hiei! We’re fighting Loriden! Come help us!/ I yelled and continued the fight without waiting for a reply.

Sango’s POV


I arrived to the village in time to see a man standing over Kaede with his sword raised.

“No!” I yelled. I sprung forward and I landed on his back. I wrapped my hands around his neck and reared him backwards. The man threw me off and I landed on my feet. I drew my katana and ran back at him. I grinned as Hiei distracted him. The man turned and sent me flying again.

“Shit.” I whispered as I flew into a tree. I groaned as I lost consciousness.

Hiei’s POV

I saw Sango fly into the trees and I felt my anger rise. As the others showed up I pulled the bandage on my arm. I felt my aura rise in power as I transformed into my true self.

“You’re going to die for that.” The demon backed up in fear.

“Dragon of the darkness flame!” I yelled the man suddenly vanished into the shadows as it was released and I frowned.

“Damn.” I ran to the tree line to save Sango.

“Sango, wake up you irritating woman. If you leave me, I- I’ll never forgive you.” I whispered to her.

“Hiei?” she asked I felt relief flood through me as she opened her eyes.

“Are you ok?” I asked. Her eyes looked into mine as she laughed.

“Of course I’m not ok!  I just got thrown into a tree. But I'm alive.” I helped her stand as we turned and made our way back to the others.

“Who was that?” Yusuke asked.

“That was Loriden.” Sango answered. Yusuke’s eyes widened.

“Did you kill him?” He asked me.

“No, he vanished as soon as I released the dragon.” I answered.

Where’s Kurama?” I asked everyone looked around and I rolled my eyes.

/Hiei! We’re fighting Loriden! Come help us!/ I heard Youko say in our link. My eyes widened and I motioned for everyone to follow me. I took off with Sango In my arms.

We arrived at the scene where Sesshomaru and Youko were fighting Loriden. Loriden looked like he was getting beat fairly well. I drew my sword and attacked with Sango at my side. Yusuke pointed his finger, Shippo drew his fiery ‘whip’, and Kuwabara formed his sword. Within ten minutes of fighting Loriden was on his knees exhausted.

“Why are you all trying to kill me?” He asked. I stepped forward and kneeled.

“You caused the death of one of my friends. There are few that I trust and even care for, and she is one of them.” The man narrowed his eyes.

“Who?” He asked I growled.

“Kagome.” I raised my sword to kill him but he vanished again.

“Damn it!” I yelled as my eyes turned red. I removed my bandana, and used the Jagan to attempt to find him.

“He’s traveling through the shadows, and he’s heading south.” I told them all. Youko stood next to me and placed his hands on my shoulder.

“We should gather our allies; let us find Kurone, Lord Kouga, and Argath.” I nodded.

“I thought Kurone was dead.” I stated. Youko grinned.

“Kagome saved him.” I looked at him in shock but nodded my head, it was so very much like her, I should have realized.

Sango’s POV

“Wait!” I said nervously.

“Shouldn’t we revive Miroku?” I asked. I looked over to Sesshomaru with pleading eyes. Sesshomaru nodded and we began to walk. I looked over to Hiei who looked to be angry and hurt at the same time. I laced my fingers with his and pulled him closer.

“What’s wrong Hiei?” I asked him. He blushed but looked away slightly.

“Hn.” I glowered at him before growling as best as I could. He looked at me again in irritation.

“I thought you were over the monk.” He said. I felt a small smile crack as realization hit me faster than a hangover.

“Hiei, I love you. I would never just forget you and go to Miroku, he is only a friend.” Hiei looked at me in irritation but a small flicker of relief washed through his eyes.

“I- don’t know what I would do if you were gone.” He whispered so no one would hear. I smiled and stepped closer to him as we walked.

In silence we walked hand in hand to the village where Miroku’s decapitated body lie. Sheshomaru lifted the Tenseiga and swung it across his body. A small glow appeared around his body, but died just as fast.

“Why isn’t it working?” I asked. Sesshomaru looked on at me with a faint apology.

“He is too far dead, it wont work.” I felt a lump rise in my throat as I felt Hiei squeeze my hand.

“Or, I just don’t want to come back.” Everyone’s head shot up in shock as Miroku’s soul materialized in front of us all.

“Sango, my love, I'm afraid my heart is not the one for you. I have found love in a lovely young reaper with blue hair and pink eyes. Please do forgive me, but I won’t be returning any time soon, but I’ll see you all in five-hundred years.” I looked at him in shock but I couldn’t help but smile.

“Do you mean Botan?” I heard Yusuke ask. Miroku’s face took on a look of surprise.

“Why yes, do you know of her?” He asked. Everyone nodded.

“Interesting, are you all from Kagome’s era?” He asked. Consecutive nods and ‘yeahs’ were given.

“So why are you all here?” He asked as his index finger and thumb rubbed his chin.

“Were here to save Kagome.” Kurama answered before us all. Miroku’s eyes shot up in surprise.

“Has she been kidnapped?” He asked. I shook my head.

“Worse, she’s been killed. She cannot be brought back in her era, but if we kill the culprit in the past, what happened in the future won’t happen.” Miroku nodded his head in understanding.

“I see. Perhaps Botan and I can be of use? We can create portals as we please to bring souls around. So the only question is… where to, my wonderful companions?” He asked. We exchanged looks and began the new adventure.

Converting /tmp/phpJ5lwD9 to /dev/stdout