InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 5: Fluffy?! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho and never will, no matter how much I wish I do.

-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R -U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D-

Chapter 5: Fluffy?!
Kirara sits down at the base of the well, grinning madly. “So… whatcha guys do for fun around here?”
Kuwabara shrugs. “Nothing.”
Kirara sighs. “Nothing, hmm? Well..." She turns her gaze to Kohaku and slowly grins again. Quickly transforming into her large cat-form, she sends a message to Kohaku. ‘Tag, you’re it!’ Before running out of the well house.

Kohaku smiles. “Kirara, I’m gonna get you! I won’t be ‘it’ for long!”

Kirara lets out a fierce growl, as if challenging Kohaku.
“Okay, you’re gonna get it now cat!” Kohaku yells, running out of the well house after Kirara.
“That was odd.” Yusuke says.
“Believe me, I’m seen odder.” Miroku says, as Kohaku runs back into the well house with a mischievous grin.
He runs up to Miroku and taps him. “You’re it!” Then runs back out.
The rings in Miroku’s staff jingle as he takes off after the young demon exterminator.
“I thought Kagome said they were mature.” Kurama comments.
“They were when I first saw them. Kirara was the only truly odd one. I’d be careful of her she seems to enjoy shadows.” Yusuke says, looking carefully around the well house.
“You’re just being paranoid.” Kurama says.

Kirara pops out pf the dark ceiling behind Kurama. “You sure ‘bout that fox?”
Kurama turns around to see… nothing. Kirara had disappeared back into the shadows. She’s now behind Kuwabara trying to hold back her laughter before she shoves him.
Kuwabara falls down face forward as Kirara once again fades into the shadows now snickering.
“What’s the matter boys? Scared of a little shadow-cat like me? You know, I get the best blackmail this way…” Kirara says, coming out of one of the shadows.
“What other powers do you have Kirara?” Yusuke asks suspiciously.
Kirara grins. “Do you honestly wanna know?”
Yusuke nods.
“Okay then. I’m a shadow/fire/telepath cat demon.” Her grin grows wider. “I’m gonna have lots of fun this year. Yup. I think I’ll go check up on Kagome now. Who’s coming with me? Fox? Pyro? Idiots?” Kirara shrugs. “See ya inside!” She steps onto a shadow and slips down into it.
‘What the...?’
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Kirara easily phases through the shadowed wall in Kagome’s room to see Sango and Botan trying not to giggle at Kagome and Shippou. The fire-cat grins, amused by the scene.
Shippou has somehow climbed under Kagome’s shirt and is resting near her stomach. His fluffy tail is sticking out. Apparently Shippou had pulled one of Kagome’s black tails with him to cuddle with. Her other tail was twitching lazily hanging off the bed. “Cute…” Kirara murmurs, before her grin grows larger. “Hey Botan, you have a camera? I know Kagome has one somewhere but I have no clue where it could be.”
“I have one.” Mrs. Higurashi says, from the door to Kagome’s room.
Kirara grins. “I love blackmail.” She crosses the room and gets the camera from Mrs. Higurashi before walking halfway across the room. “Say cheese!”
-CLICK-
Kirara looks over at Sango and Botan, then Mrs. Higurashi. “How ‘bout one more. In case the first one doesn’t turn out good.”
Sango nods her brown eyes glittering with amusement.
Kirara grins and snaps one more picture before crossing the room and giving the camera back to Mrs. Higurashi. “Thanks Mrs. Higurashi, I’ll have to get one of those for myself. Never know when you might need it with this lot.”
“No problem… what’s your name? I never even asked.” Mrs. Higurashi asks.
“I’m Kirara!” Kirara says happily.
“I’m Sango, the fox demon sleeping with Kagome is Shippou.” Sango says.
“I’m Botan!” She says.
“ It’s nice to meet you all. If you don’t mind me asking, where’s Yusuke at? I was going to invite him for dinner.” Mrs. Higurashi asks.
Kirara grins. “They’ll be inside in 3... 2... 1...”
-SLAM-
They all sit still and listen. Here’s what they hear:
Souta: YUSUKE!!!
-CLUNK-
Yusuke: Souta! Get off me!
Souta: Come play video games with me Yusuke!
Kuwabara: Is that the younger cousin you were talking about Urameshi?
Souta: Yusuke, who are your friends.
Yusuke: He’s Kuwabara, that’s Kurama, that’s Hiei, that’s Kohaku, and he’s… I’ve forgotten, what’s your name again?
Miroku: My name’s Miroku.
Souta: Oh cool! You’re from the Feudal Era aren’t you! Are you the perverted monk Kagome told me about?
Miroku: Uhh…
Sango and Botan giggle before ignoring the boys. Kirara however, is nowhere to be seen.
“Where’d Kirara go?” Mrs. Higurashi asks, looking around the room.
“She slips in and out. She’s a fire/telepathic/shadow fire-cat. She’s probably going to go bother the boys.” Sango says, sitting down on the floor.
Kirara‘s POV
Quietly I slip through the shadows in Kagome’s room and head downstairs to where the boys are. It feels odd walking through the shadows even though I’ve done it so many times. For me the shadows are cool and comforting and I love the darkness, especially at night. And the best part is that no matter how dark it is I can still see.
I start to hear the boys talking and slow down. ‘Hmm… who should I scare first? Got Yusuke lots of times today, got Kuwabara and Kurama, although I didn’t scare the stubborn fox demon. Sango’s little brother isn’t afraid of me and he’s probably waiting for me to do something… Maybe the fire demon? Or Kagome's little brother. I think I’ll try the fire demon, don’t wanna scare a little kid. Not yet anyway.’
I sigh slightly and decide to debate what to do next, running millions of different plans through my head in under five seconds until I find the perfect one. I grin. ‘What fun this shall be. Yes indeed.’
Sniggering silently I slip my hand through the shadows and pull the fire demon down, then bound away a few feet waiting for him to get his bearings. ‘What fun indeed.’
“Cat.” He says coldly.
Grinning I step closer. “Oh, you recognize my work? I suppose I didn’t scare you one bit of course… Oh well.”
He scowls. “Hn.”
“Wassa matter? Like light better than darkness? Or are you scared?” I silently giggle and chide myself. ‘Oooo! Bad kitty! Bad Kirara! No challenges! Naughty Kirara!’
A hear a low growl in the direction of the fire demon. It’s too bad I don’t remember his name…
“I suppose the other’s are yelling something along the lines of ‘a hand grabbed the fire demon and pulled him through the floor!’ although I have a feeling Kagome's brother is running around shouting something like, ‘Ghost!’.” I snicker and then study the extremely annoyed fire demon. Then I sigh.
“Okay okay. I’ll send you back. Jeez you’re no fun!”
With a wave of my hand the fire demon falls through the ‘floor’ and out of the shadows.
‘Joy, now I’m gonna have a mad fire demon on my case… Oh well.’
End of Kirara’s POV
A few hours later Kagome wakes up and suggests they explain their stories. Yusuke volunteers to go first and explains what they do as the Spirit Detectives. Yusuke finishes in an hour and Shippou decides to tell everyone about Feudal Japan. Shippou also finishes in an hour. Then they all look at Kirara who is lazily playing with a fireball.
“Kirara!” Kagome yells.
The cat demon blinks and looks up at Kagome, letting the fireball fade out of existence. “What?”
“Don’t play with fire in the house Kirara! It’s dangerous.” Kagome says.
Kirara smirks. “Oh, you mean this fire?” The ball of fire once again appears in Kirara’s hands.
Kagome growls. “Kirara… Do you want a ‘sit’ necklace, ‘cause I’m tempted to give you one.”
“You couldn’t get one on me if you tried Kagome. Besides, a ‘sit’ necklace would be inappropriate. I’m not a dog, I’m a cat silly!” Kira says jokingly, getting a laugh from everyone except Hiei who simply smirks, and Kagome who scowls.
“Don’t tempt me Kirara.”
Kirara lets the fireball grow larger as small pieces of black fire wind their way into the orange and red.
“Kirara Etsuko Amori!”
Kirara jumps, not remembering when she told Kagome her full name, and then freezes noticing the voice wasn’t Kagome’s.‘No, no, no, no, no…’
“What have I told you about doing that! And how many times have I told you? It’s over 100 by now!” A small figure yells, flying through the open window in Kagome’s room. She lands on Kirara’s shoulder, much to the cat demon’s annoyance, and folds her dragon-like wings.
Everyone looks at the small girl. She is about 10 inches tall with bright red hair that she has tied up in a high ponytail. Thee first half is braided and then the rest hangs loose down to her mid-back. Her bright blue eyes hold strong wisdom, spirit and courage and demand respect at the same time. On her forehead are the kanji symbols for ‘wind’ and ‘spirit’. Her ears are longer than Shippou’s, but less pointed. (kind of like Jin’s) She has four horns that are also red. She has elegant red dragon wings, the wingspan being wider than she is tall. She is wearing a light blue tank top with a silver dragon stitched into it and baggy blue jeans. On her feet are dark blue sandal’s. Her fingernails and toenails are sky blue with sapphire gems encrusted in them, her fingernails are pointed unlike her toenails of course.
Kirara growls. “Saeko, what the heck are you doing here.”
Saeko sighs and sits down on Kirara’s shoulder. “I’ve been lookin’ for you for 555 years Kirara and you ask me what I’m doing here! Are you really that slow Kirara or have you been hanging around with humans for too long!” Saeko looks around the room. “Oh, sorry ‘bout that comment. I didn’t mean anything ‘bout it, living in the Makai realm for long periods of time messes with your views after a while. ‘though it ain’t so bad at Fluffy’s castle…”
Kirara starts snickering which soon changes to full blown laughter as she collapses to her knee’s. A disgruntled Saeko flies off of Kirara’s shoulders and lands on Kagome’s bed beside Shippou and Botan. After folding her wings, the small dragon sits down.
“Kirara, are you okay?” Kohaku asks gently.
Kirara’s still laughing and now trying to catch her breath. Slowly the laughter dies down to chuckles and she is able to sit up straight. In as calm a voice as possible, squeaking slightly, she asks, “Fluffy?”
Saeko stands up and flutters over the bed angrily. “Pay respect to Lord Sesshoumaru Kirara! He still hasn’t forgiven you after that little incident you know!”
Kirara smiles, remembering one of the many jokes she played on Sesshoumaru.
FLASHBACK
A 10-year-old Kirara hums as she walks away from the door to Sesshoumaru’s bedroom. ‘This will teach him! Putting worms in my bed! The very nerve of that guy…! Oh well, this is the best payback. Just wait ‘till he opens that door and ‘POW’!’ Chuckling, Kirara slips into the shadows she’s come to love and waits for Sesshoumaru to open the door.
About 5 minutes later a 10-year-old Sesshoumaru walks happily to his room, unaware of the ‘danger’. Kirara follows him in the shadows down the hall to his room and watches as he opens the door and steps in. Kirara holds her breath, praying her joke would work.
-SPLASH!- -CLUNK!- -THUD-
“KIRARA!” Sesshoumaru yells madly running out of his room.
Kirara falls out of the shadows laughing her head off at the sight of him.
Thanks to her ‘ingenious plan’ Sesshoumaru now has bright pink hair, bright pink clothes, slightly pink skin, and his tail is pink as well.
“You’d better run Kirara ‘cause when I get my hands on you I’ll-” Sesshoumaru makes a violent gesture with his hands, which gets Kirara up and running. Sesshoumaru immediately gives chase.
END FLASHBACK
Kirara snickers. “Hey Saeko, how long did it take ol’ Fluffy to get the pink dye out of his hair and tail? Months I’m hoping.”
Saeko gives Kirara a disgusted look. “2 years he had pink hair and a tail.”
Kirara’s face turns red as she tries to hold back her laughter, she fails of course and started laughing once again, now joined by Sango, Miroku, Shippou, Kagome, Kohaku, Botan, and Yusuke.
“Who?” Kuwabara asks confused.
Saeko sighs loudly. “Lord Sesshoumaru, lord of the Western Lands in the Demon Realm. Kirara shut up!
Kirara brushes a piece of black hair out of her face. “Saeko, you ruin all the fun. Stupid dragon.”
“Shadow! Unless you want me to tell them all what you did to Sango when she was little-”
“I never did anything, dragon!”
“Oh really, I beg to differ!”
“What?”
Saeko blinks. “I beg to differ. Honestly shadow have you been falling behind or-”
“You idiot dragon! I traveled through time, I haven’t been alive all these years! Why do you think I suddenly showed up?” Kirara mutters so that only the demons can hear her.
“Well that makes sense… That reminds me why I’m here in the first place!” Saeko begins looking through her pockets trying to find something.
“What are you looking for Miss Saeko?” Shippou asks curiously.
“Ah hah!” Saeko cries, pulling a piece of paper out of her pocket. “Here ya go shadow. You’re just lucky he invited you, maybe he’s forgiven you already. He’s pretty stubborn so it’s surprising.” The dragon hands the folded up paper to Kirara.
Kirara opens the letter and raises and eyebrow in surprise as she reads. “So, Fluffy-kins is having a party is he? This should be interesting…”
Saeko bristles and flies angrily over to Kirara. “Kirara Etsuko Amori! Don’t you even dare!”
Yusuke leans over and snatches the paper out of the cat demon’s hands. “Lord Sesshoumaru?”
Kuwabara grabs the paper from Yusuke. “Hey, it says you can bring some guests!”
Miroku now grabs the paper. “Hmm… I wonder-”
-BAM-
Sango hits Miroku in the head with a bat she found and pulls the letter from his grasp. “Don’t be a pervert Miroku. Besides, it’s Kirara’s decision if she wants us to go with her.”
Shippou leaps up and tugs the letter away from Sango. “Hey, Sesshoumaru is having a party! That’s cool! Kirara can we go with you? Please? Pretty please with sugar and candy on top?” Shippou uses his best puppy-dog look on Kirara.
Kirara giggles. “Of course Shippou! Wouldn’t dream of leaving you all behind!”
Saeko sweat drops. “Okay then… Well, I have to report back to Lord Sesshoumaru and let him know you’re coming. I’ll need everyone else’s names of course. Miss Kagome, do you have a pen or something? And some paper?”
Kagome nods and crosses the room to her desk. She pulls out a yellow pad of paper and a green gel pen.
“Can you write down everyone’s names on there please? I don’t want to miss out on anyone, and Lord Sesshoumaru specifically said that everyone has to have their name on his list in order to go.” Saeko says, sitting down on Kagome’s bed once again.
Kagome nods. “You all want to go right? If you don’t that’s okay.”
“Kagome, I wanna stay here with Souta. Is that okay?” Kohaku asks timidly.
“Of course Kohaku. Besides, I’m sure Souta would appreciate the company. He doesn’t have many friends at school so it would be good for him to have someone his age around the house. Everyone else is going right?” Kagome looks around the room at everyone before smiling. “Okay then!” Then she scrawls everyone’s names down. “Umm... what are you going to tell Shizuru, Kuwabara? And what about Keiko, Yusuke? And Yukina? What about Koenma?”
“Stupid toddler can defend himself for a while. Besides, it’s about time we had a vacation!” Yusuke yells.
“What about Keiko, she’ll kill you when she finds out.” Kagome says tauntingly.
Yusuke pales and Kirara rolls her eyes and cuts in.
“Yusuke, Keiko can come if she wishes, so can your other friends if they want to. I’m sure Fluffy won’t mind.”
“Thanks Kirara.” Yusuke says.
Kirara shrugs. "I'm not doing it for you, detective. I'm doing it because your petty arguments bore me."
“I’ll call my wonderful Yukina!” Kuwabara yells, jumping up of the floor where he was sitting. “Uh, Kagome. Where’s the phone?”
Kagome sweat drops. “On my desk Kuwabara. It’s bright blue, can’t miss it if you tried.”
Kirara and Yusuke snicker.
“Sis?” Souta asks, opening the door a crack.
Kagome looks over at her younger brother. “What is it Souta?”
Souta fidgets slightly. “Momma wants to talk to us about something.”
Kagome blinks in surprise. “Okay Souta.” She looks at Yusuke and Kurama. “You two can use the phone once Kuwabara’s done okay? I’ll be right back.”
With that said, Kagome follows Souta downstairs to where her mom and grandpa are waiting.
Kagome and Souta sit down on the couch across from the one Mrs. Higurashi and grandpa were sitting.
Mrs. Higurashi sighs. “There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you two.”

-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L- D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D-

Shiro: Dun dun dunnn! What could it possibly be?