InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 6: More Confusion ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho and never will, no matter how much I wish I did.

-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R- U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D-

Chapter 6: More Confusion
Grandpa clears his throat and Mrs. Higurashi looks annoyed at him. “Okay, we have something to tell you two. Something that Kagome has already found out apparently.”
Kagome repositions her tails so that they’re away from Souta’s death grip. Souta pouts.
“Souta, leave your sisters tails alone.” Mrs. Higurashi scolds. “Now. You two are demons.”
Souta’s jaw drops and he stares at his mom. Kagome yawns as one of her ears twitch. “Come on over here Shippou, Kohaku. I know you two are there.”
The two boys exchange glances before walking down the stairs and over to Kagome and Souta, where they sit down one the couch. Kohaku sat beside Souta and Shippou chose Kagome’s lap and started playing with her two tails.
“WHAT!” Souta finally explodes.
Grandpa Higurashi sighs. “Your mother is half black fox, half orange fox and your father was a silver dog. I am a black fox. Kagome takes after her mother and is half black, half orange fox.”
Souta stares wide-eyed at his grandpa and mom. Kagome yawns. Kohaku leans back into the couch getting comfortable. Shippou continues playing with Kagome’s tails.
“What kind of demon is Uncle Souta?” Shippou asks, looking up at his ‘grandma’.
“We don’t know yet. It’s his heart that decides after all. Now, I suppose you all want to see our demon sides, ne?” Mrs. Higurashi asks.
Kagome, Shippou, and Kohaku nod. Souta stares at them in shock.
Mrs. Higurashi and Grandpa Higurashi both let the sealing spells down at the same time revealing their demon forms. Mrs. Higurashi’s hair is now down a little past her shoulders with orange pieces of hair running through the black.
Grandpa Higurashi’s hair turns black and grows out to about Kurama’s length.
This gets a reaction from Souta who makes a whining noise at the back of his throat.
Shippou looks up at Souta. “Sounds like a fox to me. That’s the noise foxes make when they’re distressed.”
“A whole family of fox demons!” Mrs. Higurashi squeals happily, and then collects herself. “Okay then, Souta I need you to close your eyes and concentrate on…” Mrs. Higurashi trails off, studying Souta a moment. “A orange light.” She finishes.
“Orange?” Souta asks.
Mrs. Higurashi nods.
Souta shrugs. “Okay then.”
Souta closes his eyes and concentrates. A few seconds later everyone else in the room had to shield their eyes from the bright light.
When the light cleared they all look over at Souta.
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Kirara has shoved Hiei out the window where he had been sitting and is now sitting there. Hiei is out on the God tree, sulking most likely. Kuwabara and Yusuke are fighting over who’s turn it is to use the phone while Kurama calls his mom to let her know he’ll be gone for a while. Botan is sitting on her oar, making sure to stay away from Kuwabara and Yusuke who are now wrestling on the floor. Saeko is sitting on the oar with Botan talking to her about what to expect at Sesshoumaru’s castle.Miroku and Sango are sitting on Kagome’s bed, making bets on who will win the wrestling match. Miroku bets Kuwabara will win, while Sango bets that Yusuke will win. Guess who won.
Yusuke punches Kuwabara knocking him out and Sango jumps up and shouts, “I WIN!”
Kirara looks over at them amused, before looking back out the window. Saeko and Botan sigh and decide to ignore them all.Kurama hangs up the phone and looks around the room. “Where’s Shippou and Kohaku?”
“Followed Kagome and her little brother.” Kirara says boredly.
Everyone turns to face Kirara.
“You didn’t stop them?” Yusuke asks.
Kirara shakes her head ‘no’ before closing her eye’s as if taking a nap.
Yusuke smirks and walks over to Kirara getting ready to shove her out the window like she did to Hiei.
Everyone else still conscious watches Yusuke as he shoves Kirara out the window and then shuts and locks it.
-THUD- Kirara had jumped up trying to get back inside only to hit the window.
Everyone stares for a moment before cracking up laughing. Everyone except Kuwabara, who is fortunately still unconscious.
“What now Mr. ‘Oh so brilliant leader’?” Kirara growls from behind Yusuke. “You know, I don’t enjoy being shoved out of a two story high window. It hurts. A lot. And I landed on pinecones too.”
“I’m sure Hiei found the show humorous.” Saeko says from her spot on the oar.
“Come down here and say that to my face dragon.” Kirara growls.
“Sorry cat, I’m quite comfortable up here thank you very much.” Saeko says airily.
The others sweat drop as the two continue arguing.
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
“Cool! Souta’s a fox!” Shippou yells happily.
Kagome, Mrs. Higurashi, grandpa Higurashi, and Kohaku look over at Souta.
His hair length hasn't change any, although it’s more thick, but his hair is orange with black tips. Two fox ears sit twitching slightly on his head. Souta’s eyes are forest green. Souta has one bushy orange tail, with pieces of black mixed in.
Shippou immediately pounces on Souta’s head to play with his ears. Well, he tried to, but Kagome keeps him from doing so.After dragging Shippou into her lap and wrapping her arms around him to keep him from tackling Souta she looks up to fully take in her brother’s fox form and a new thought crosses her mind.
“Mom, who will train all three of us?” Kagome asks.
Mrs. Higurashi looks thoughtful for a moment. “First I need to know what your powers are Kagome. You too Shippou.”
“I can use attacks with holy energy and demon energy separate but can’t use them one after another or together. I also have nature related and fire powers.” Kagome says.
“Mine are illusion and fire.” Shippou says happily, as he starts petting one of Kagome’s tails. “Hey Kagome, maybe Kirara can help us out with fire. Do you think she would?”
Kagome smiles and pulls her tail out of Shippou’s death grip. “We’ll have to ask her first. Although, I have a feeling she’ll want to…” Kagome pictures Kirara’s training in her head for a moment before cracking up laughing.
Souta snickers. “That’s not very nice sis. Yusuke running around on fire, although I can see that…”
Kagome and Shippou look at Souta in shock.
Souta looks at them. “What? What’s wrong? Did I do something wrong?”
‘Souta, can you hear me?’ Kagome asks in her mind.
“Of course I can hear you sis! I’m not deaf.” Souta says nonchalantly.
“Cool! Uncle Souta’s a telepath!”
Mrs. Higurashi and grandpa Higurashi watch in amusement as Kirara pocks her head through a shadowed part of the ceiling. “Somebody call me? I heard telepath!” Kirara says energetically.
“We could have been talking about Hiei.” Kagome says tonelessly.
Kirara falls out of the ceiling and lands on her back. “Dragon! I’m gonna kill you when I get up there!”
Souta leans over to Kagome and Shippou. “I though cats are suppose to land on their feet.”
Shippou snickers. “Kirara’s the exception.”
Kirara glares at Shippou. “Heard that fox. Also heard you need someone to train you. I’d be delighted to train you two with fire. And Souta with telepathy. Mrs. Higurashi I believe will be doing illusion training for Souta and Shippou, am I correct?”
Mrs. Higurashi smiles and nods. “Of course. Illusions are my specialty.”
“What about momma's control over plants?” Shippou asks.
Shippou gets blank looks from around the room showing that each of the room’s occupants don’t know.
“What about Kurama.” Botan suggests, coming downstairs.
“Botan, what are you doing down here?” Kagome asks.
Botan sighs. “I wanted to get away from Kuwabara and Yusuke’s argument they started up and Miroku’s pervertedness.” “It’s okay. You can come join us over here. Souta, move your big butt over.” Kagome says.
“I don’t have a big butt!” Souta yells, never-the-less he moves over and Botan sits down.
Kirara sighs. “What we need is a schedule, a place to train, and…” She trails off momentarily. “We need to figure out how to get to Fluffy’s castle.” She lets her mind wander with all the different things she can do to Sesshoumaru before settling on one.“Don’t you think filling his room up with hot pink die is a bit much?” Souta suddenly asks.
Kirara looks at him shocked before remembering his telepathic powers. She grins evilly before thinking of the thing she thinks would make him laugh really hard.
Sure enough Souta bursts out in a round a laughter just seconds later. Somehow he winds up falling on the floor, clutching his sides tears of laughter streaming down his cheeks from laughing so hard.
Kagome see’s Kirara’s grin. “I don’t want to know do I?”
Kirara shakes her head no. “Not really. You probably wouldn’t get it anyway.”
Shippou and Botan sweat drop and Kagome rolls her eyes.
Mrs. Higurashi shakes her head slightly. “When will you be leaving for Sesshoumaru’s castle?”
Kirara looks at Mrs. Higurashi and thinks for a minute. “In about two weeks.”

“Two weeks… Well, when I was little dad trained me out in the forest. There used to be a good sized log cabin out there. Perhaps you could all stay out there and train. I’ll visit twice a week for illusion training with Shippou and Souta. Would that work Kirara?” Mrs. Higurashi asks.
Kirara grins. “It’s perfect! I’ll go ask the others. Be right back!” Kirara slips through the nearest shadow and is gone a few minutes before falling out of the shadowed part of the ceiling once again. “They said it’s fine! Although Kurama did mention something about me burning down the forest…”
Shippou and Kagome sweat drop.
“Like I would do that! It’s one of the largest forests in this era! Besides, it would leave a few of the peace-loving demons homeless.” Kirara continues.
Shippou looks over at Kirara. “There’s demons in the forest?”
“Just a few minors. A few animal form fox demons, a animal form cat demon or two, maybe a lizard.” Kirara shrugs. “They all live peacefully in the forest from what I’ve heard. And they generally stay away from humans.”
“Okay, mom what will we need to take?” Kagome asks her mom.
“Well, enough food for two weeks, clothes, a few weapons, a cell phone, and… Oh, blankets. Maybe some matches too. That should be enough though.” Mrs. Higurashi says.
Kirara nods. “Okay. We should be able to get all of that together easily. Oh, Kagome. No skirts what-so-ever. If I find one, it will be used as firewood. Kimono’s don’t count.”
“But Kira-” Kagome starts.
“End of discussion. I’m going to go tell the others. No doubt Saeko already flew off to Fluffy’s castle. She wasn’t up there when I went up. You know, it was rather tempting to smack the idiot in the head since he was talking about Yukina again.” Kirara trails off once again lost in thought.
Kagome, Shippou, and Botan sigh before getting up and going back upstairs to tell the others.
-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U- T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D-

Shiro: And so the plot thickens! Okay, not really...