InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 7: Shippou+Kohaku+Souta=TROUBLE! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho and never will, no matter how much I wish I did.


-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D- -T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D-


Chapter 7: Shippou+Kohaku+Souta equals TROUBLE!


Two days later

“This dump is where we’re staying for two weeks to train! It’s worse than grandma’s house!” Yusuke complains, looking at the log cabin.

Kirara smacks him in the ear. “Respect your elders, idiot.”

“The vines are a nice touch.” Souta comments, snickering.

“Souta…” Kagome growls in warning.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever sis.” Souta says.

“It’s not that bad. Just needs a few touch-ups here and there.” Sango says, pulling her boomerang loose from a branch.

“I hope it has electricity. Not necessarily running water. There should be hot springs around here somewhere…” Kagome says.

“Your mom said it has some 'elek trisity' (Purposely mispelled).” Kirara says carelessly. “Said there’s also two floors and a basement to this thing, as well as a few passageways. If the passageways are dark we can use them for tracking.”

“And look at all the trees! This is gonna be great won’t it Souta?” Shippou asks.

“Yeah, whatever you say Shippou.” Souta mumbles.

Kohaku chuckles. “Lots of fun Shippou. Great place to play hide-and-seek, huh?”

Shippou nods energetically.

“Well, lets go on in!” Botan says, before turning to Kirara. “Saeko does know where to find us, correct?”

Kirara sighs. “She can always track me. Somehow, someway she’ll find us. It’s only when I’m in my cat form she can’t track me.”

Souta sticks his head out the door. “You two slowpokes coming or not?”

“You’re gonna regret that one Souta! I’m training you first, so get ready!” Kirara yells, running inside.

Botan and Sango hear a clear yelp from inside the cabin, signaling Kirara has caught up with Souta.

“Think we should stop Kirara from killing Souta?” Sango asks, setting her boomerang up against the wall of the cabin.

“I think he’ll be fine.” Botan says as a crash sounds from inside the house.

Sango raises an eyebrow. “You were saying?”

“I never said I’d be right.” Botan replies.

Sango shakes her head. “Let’s go on in and help Kagome get unpacked.”

“Hey Sango.” Botan says.

Sango turns around to face Botan. “Yes?”

“Don’t you think Kurama and Kagome would make a cute couple?” Botan asks.

A slow smile spreads over Sango face. “I do believe they would. You want to play matchmaker?”

Botan nods. “We’ll need some help though.”

Sango thinks for a moment. “How about Shippou, Souta, Kohaku, Kirara, and Miroku? Do you think Yusuke would help?”

“Yusuke may help. We’d probably have to bribe him though…”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


While the two are conversing, two foxes are listening in.

“We could have some fun with this.” One says.

“Maybe, you think we could trick them?”

“Or we could set them up with someone.”

The second fox giggles. “Like Botan and Kuwabara?”

The first fox shudders. “That wouldn’t work.”

“How about… Sango and Hiei?”

“Sango and Miroku would be a better idea.” Hiei says coming up behind them.

The second fox gives a small ‘eep’ and whirls around to face Hiei. “That one was more of a joke.”

“Calm down Hiei, we wouldn’t do that.”

“Make sure it doesn’t happen foxes.” Hiei says before flitting off.

“Sango and Miroku then? And how about Botan and…”

“Koenma.”

“That’ ;s a good one… but isn’t that-”

“Yes.”

“Hmm… this could work out quite well.”

The two foxes decide to go off somewhere to plan. Meanwhile…

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


“I claim this bed!” Shippou yells, jumping onto a futon in one of the rooms.

“I get this one!” Souta yells, jumping onto another futon.

“I want this bed!” Kohaku yells, jumping onto the bed.

Miroku sighs and sits down on one. “Then I’ll have this one.”

Shippou, Kohaku, and Souta send him blank stares.

“Oh fine.” Miroku stands up and walks to the door. “I have this one!”

Souta, Kohaku, and Shippou watch in amusement as Miroku runs and jumps on the forth futon bed before rolling off the other end.


Kirara raises an eyebrow as she walks by the room. “I’m not going to ask… Oh, here’s your blankets.” She dumps four blankets and pillows onto the floor by their bedroom door before moving on.

Miroku climbs onto the bed. “Thanks.”

The four boys in the room eye the pillows before exchanging glances.

“You-”

“Thinking-”
< br> “What-”

“I’m thinking?”

All four of them race to the pillows. “PILLOW FIGHT!”


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


Back outside, Sango and Botan are discussing their first plan of action.

“I think Kagome brought her boom box and all of her c.d.’s. If I remember correctly, Souta brought all of his too.” Sango says.

“Thinking about a party?” Botan asks.

“It may work. As long as Miroku doesn’t find any sake.” Sango says.

“That’s the last thing we need. A bunch of drunk guys, especially Yusuke and Kuwabara.”

“Miroku’s the biggest pervert of them all though.”

“You’ve never seen Yusuke around Keiko. He can be pretty bad when he wants to.”

“Too bad Miroku’s like that all the time.”

Botan sighs. “Yes, and it’s too bad he has to be cute too.”

“Miroku, cute? There’s nothing ‘cute’ about him.”

“Oh really? Then how come you blush whenever the topic turns to him?”

“Wh-what? What are you talking about Botan!”

“I think you like him.”

“Do not!”

“Meow!”


"I DO NOT, BOTAN!"


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Yusuke and Kuwabara have now joined the ‘extreme pillow fight’ which has extended from Souta, Kohaku, Shippou, and Miroku’s room to the rest of the cabin.

Souta hits Yusuke, then Yusuke hits Miroku who throws his at Kuwabara who hits Kohaku who then throws the pillow at Souta who dodges the pillow causing it to hit Kagome as her and Kurama walk into the room. Then Kagome grabs the pillow and chases Souta around the house beating him with it.

At this point Sango and Botan decide to come inside and Kirara walks into the room, almost getting hit with a pillow. Kirara of course grabs the nearest pillow and throws it at Shippou who throws the pillow at Kohaku who throws it at Miroku who throws it at Sango who grabs the pillow and proceeds to chase Miroku around the house.

The others take a break to watch Kagome chase Souta, and Sango chase Miroku around the house.

Botan takes this time to tell Kirara, Shippou, and Kohaku about her and Sango’s plan. Somehow, Souta escapes from Kagome for a few minutes and is able to join their conversation quickly.

“I have the perfect c.d.’s for the plan. They should work quite-”

“SOUTA!”

Kagome yells, running down the hall with two pillows.

Souta yelps and takes off running again.

“You know, at this rate there won’t be any pillows left. There’ll just be feathers.” Kirara comments. “Now, who was it that started this comment.”

Shippou and Kohaku turn away from Kirara and try to sneak away.

“Hmm… I wonder… might it be…” She grabs a hold of the back of their shirts. “Two little boys named Shippou and Kohaku perhaps?”

“It was all his fault!” The two say, pointing at each other.

“Oh?” Kirara asks.

The two blink and Shippou points at Souta while Kohaku points at Miroku.

“It was all Souta/Miroku’s fault!” They yell at the same time.

Kirara sweat drops and lets go of the two. “Okay, okay!” She leans down closer to them. “You two get everything set up.” She waves Botan and Yusuke over. “Sango and I will handle the food. Yusuke, you can help the boys. Botan, you choose what you want to do. We’ll need someone to keep Kags and Kurama from finding out.”

Botan nods. “What’s Miroku going to do?”

Kirara thinks for a moment. “He’ll keep Kagome and Kurama busy too.”

“And why would you want to do a thing like that?” A voice says from behind them.

The five jump and turn around to see Kurama.

“Ah, no reason Kurama. Just planning’ a lil’ surprise for Kagome and you. Although, it won’t be as much as a surprise for you now… Please don’t tell her. Please?” Kirara begs.

Kurama chuckles as Shippou his ‘puppy-dog look’.

“I won’t.” Kurama says.

Shippou grins and nods. “Thanks. Mom would kill me if she found out I was plannin’ somethin’.”

Kirara shakes her head. “Thanks for not telling on us Kurama.” She waits until Kurama walks out of hearing before continuing. “Now, lets get to work! Shippou, you get the task of rescuing Souta. I’ll go inform Miroku of his duty, see ya in the kitchen!” Kirara quickly flits into the nearest shadow and disappears from sight.

“Okay you guys! Let’s get to work!” Shippou cries out.

The others nod and run off.

Botan decided to join Sango and Kirara with cooking, Yusuke chose to help Souta, Kohaku, and Shippou, and Miroku was stuck entertaining Kurama, Kagome, and Kuwabara. (Kirara said that Kuwabara would probably say something a ruin the surprise.)

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


Later that night

Kirara grins as she steps out on the makeshift stage, looking at everyone else who is sitting down.

While Miroku had talked Kurama, Kagome, and Kuwabara into going outside for a bit of training, Souta, Shippou, Kohaku, and Yusuke decorated the living room. While waiting for some of the food to cook, Botan, Sango, and Kirara had taken turns helping out the four boys.

In one side of the room is a large television, with a PS2 hooked up to it along with other game systems. Black furniture sets in front of the TV as well as a low table where they can set drinks and food.

On the other side is a stage-like area, complete with curtains made from forest green sheets. A karaoke machine sets behind the curtain, and on either side of the ‘stage’ are speakers. On the ‘stage’ is a microphone, in the back are three other microphones that they had dug up from the crawlspace.

Earlier they had all found out that the house doesn’t run on electricity. It runs on a powerful bit of fox magic. The whole magic runs through all the shrine grounds, preventing evil demons from entering the area and masking weaker energy attacks.

Tapping the microphone, Kirara starts to speak into it. “Testing. One, two three. Testing… Hello everyone and welcome to the first ever ‘Shadow Karaoke show’!”

Everyone else sweat drops.

“The purpose of our show tonight is to lighten the tension between our two groups and to get to know each other. I know there’s a few who think this is pointless, but hopefully by the time this show is over you’ll be thinking something else.” Kirara pauses for added effect. “We have a round of talent here with us tonight, and so to start us off is Shippou, Souta, and Kohaku!” Kirara suddenly slips through the shadow around her as a bright blue-green fox-fire flares up on the stage and an eerie voice fills the room.

“Welcome friends and family. I hope you enjoy the performance, it may be the last thing you’ll ever see.” The voice pauses as the fox-fire roars up and a few sparks flick at the edge of the stage. “Terror, malice, and brutality are three things you’ll get to know soon.”

Another voice joins the first one. “This cabin was built on an old demon graveyard. Vengeful spirits wander around these grounds on calm, clear, windy nights when the moon hangs high and bright in the sky.”

Souta and Shippou step through the fire, smirking as the fire abruptly disappears and a black light flickers on, casting an eerie glow around the room. The light starts flickering quickly. Every time the light comes on the two are in a different place.

“BOO!” Kohaku jumps out from behind Kuwabara, making the idiot scream out in fright and grab a hold of Yusuke’s arm. Kagome, Yusuke, Kurama, Sango, Miroku, and Botan jump.

Kohaku grins and walks up onto the stage as the lights come back on. The three boys ‘high-five’ before walking off the stage, chatting happily.

Kirara walks back onto the stage. “Let’s hear a round of applause for Souta, Kohaku, and Shippou!”

Everyone except Kuwabara claps. The only reason Hiei clapped is because they scared Kuwabara and thoroughly freaked out Yusuke.

“Alright,” Kirara says, after the clapping stops. “Next I have a song to sing. It’s in honor of my daughter, who was actually a silver kitsune. I adopted her when she was around 3. I believe her grandson is in this very room at the moment…” Her gaze lingers on Kurama for a moment before moving on. “Even though it made my father angry I carried on with raising her. I believe she is still alive and her mate is Lord of the Northern part of the Western Lands. But then, that’s about 500 years ago. I have no clue how it is now.” She smiles. “Alright. This song’s called, ‘In My Daughter’s Eyes’, it’s by Martina McBride I believe… Shippou, cue the music!”

The music to ‘In My Daughter’s Eye’s’ starts playing and the lights dim.

(SMV: For those of you who prefer hearing the music, I have a suggestion. If you have ‘Windows Media Player’ on your computer, use it and search for Martine McBride. If you don’t, sorry… I have no clue what to do…)


In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero,

I am strong and wise and I know no fear,

But the truth is plain to see,

She was sent to rescue me,

I see who I wanna be,

In my daughter's eyes.


FLASHBACK

“Momma!” A young silver-haired kitsune yells, looking around a hallway confused. “Momma! Where are you! Please mommy, I’m scared!”

Kirara runs down the hall to the little girl. “Sakura! Sakura, are you alright?”

“Mommy!” Sakura yells, launching herself into Kirara’s arms. “I was scared momma. I had a bad dream that you left me all alone… Nobody was there, it was scary.” She sniffles.

Kirara smiles faintly and brushes hair out of Sakura’s eye. “Don’t worry little one. I will always be there for you and I will always love you. Don’t ever forget that.”

“Promise mommy?” Sakura asks.

“I promise. My daughter.” Kirara replies.

END FLASHBACK

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal

Darkness turns to light and the

world is at peace

This miracle God gave to me gives me

strength when I am weak

I find reason to believe


In my daughter's eyes


FLASHBACK

Kirara and Sakura are walking through a forest when they hear frail scream.

“Please! I didn’t do anything! I promise you, I didn’t do anything! I never go near your village and would never hurt any of you!” A girl says.

“Like we’re going to believe you! Selfish half breed!”

Sakura gasps as her and Kirara walk onto a path that leads to a village. A young cat half demon sits on her knees on the path. A long gash runs up her right arm, and her ankle and right wrist seem to be either broken or twisted. Her kimono hugs her frail body and is in tatters and her black hair lays in matted waves. On her cheeks are markings, slightly jagged, which are an aqua color. On her head are cat ears that have an aqua tip. Her tail, like her hair, lays in matted waves, only it has aqua running through it. Her cerulean blue eyes fill with unshed tears as she looks at the village men in front of her.

“Leave her alone!” Sakura yells, rushing forward to help the young half demon girl. “She didn’t do anything to deserve this, so leave her alone you jerks!”

Kirara growls as one of them men make a move to hit Sakura. “Touch either of them, and I won’t hesitate in killing you.”

The men look at Kirara in surprise before running back to the village screaming.

“Momma, can she come home with us?” Sakura asks. “I’ll help her out. Please momma?”

“Of course Sakura. I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Kirara says gently.

END FLASHBACK

And when she wraps her hand

around my finger

Oh it puts a smile in my heart

Everything becomes a little clearer

I realize what life is all about.

It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough

It's giving more when you feel like giving up

I've seen the light

It's in my daugter's eyes


FLASHBACK

“Mother!” Sakura whines as Kirara refixes her hair for the 5th time in the past 10 minutes. “Jeez, you’re more worried than I am! I’m the one who’s got to go through watching her boyfriend get the ‘great family 100 question test’!” She pouts and crosses her arms over her chest.

Kirara smiles and leaves Sakura’s hair alone. “I’m done this time. It looks more natural like this anyway.”

Sakura sighs and looks in the mirror. Her hair is pulled up into a high ponytail with a few sakura and rose blossoms arranged in it. “Not too bad momma. You should be a professional.”

Kirara chuckles. “Oh yes, that would be interesting. ‘Kirara, cat demon princess of the Eastern Lands becomes professional hair stylist’. That would go over well with father. I can imagine it now…”

“Mom.” Sakura whines again.

“Sorry pup, went off again.” Kirara says.

“Sakura?” The cat half demon, Yasuko, asks walking into the room. “Umm, the Prince from the North part of the Western Lands is here.”

Sakura smiles. “Thanks Yasuko.”

Yasuko smiles back and bows before walking out of the room to carry on with her duties.

“Well, lets go. I’d like to meet your future mate.” Kirara says, standing up.

“Mother, you would accept him?” Sakura asks surprised.

Kirara smiles. “Sakura, you have a sixth sense it seems. You can always tell if a person has goodness in their soul. If you’ve fallen in love with him, I will trust him.”

“Thank you, momma.” Sakura says.

END FLASHBACK

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future

A reflection of who I am and what will be

Though she'll grow and someday leave

Maybe raise a family

When I'm gone I hope you see how happy she made me

For I'll be there

In my daughter's eyes


FLASHBACK

“Mom!” Sakura yells, walking into the castle with her mate, Yoshi, and her 5 year old daughter who they named Kit and their 5 year old son Keishi.

Kirara walks into the hall. “Sakura! Yoshi! What are you two doing here!” She notices the twin silver fox demons. “Oh… how cute!”

Sakura giggles at her mom’s antics. “Mom, I’d like you to meet your grandson and granddaughter, Keishi and Kit.”

“Sakura picked out the names.” Yoshi says.

“They’re very fitting.” Kirara says. “They’re twins aren’t they. My, you two have been busy.”

“Mother!”

END FLASHBACK


Kirara wipes away a teardrop and walks offstage. Sango walks up and takes Kirara’s place. “And now Shippou has a song he would like to share.”

Shippou walks on stage grinning as Sango walks off. “Hello all! I’m going to sing one of my favorite songs, ‘Grow Up’ by Simple Plan. Enjoy all.”

The music starts as Shippou readies his fox magic to use for special effects. The song goes by rather quickly, with the young fox demon pulling every trick he knows. At the end, Shippou grins and bows as everyone cheers and claps. “Thanks you guys! And-” Shippou looks off the the side and nods. “And it is now time to eat! So head on to the dining room!”


-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E-- T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D-


Shiro: I bet no one saw Kirara as Kurama's great grandmother coming! I just love strange little twists!

THANK YOU's to: ash-sama and HeartStar (Hope you both enjoyed these 3 chapters!)