InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 12: Fun Before Training ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. I do own the plot and any OC characters used in this story. I don't own the snippet of a song used in this chapter.

-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D-- T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E-

Chapter 12: Fun Before Training


“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” Mrs. Higurashi asks as she steps into the living room. Her eyes linger for a moment on Kagome and Kurama, and then on Kirara. She raises an eyebrow. ‘Aren’t those Souta’s?’


Souta yawns as he walks into the room. “Good morning momma…” He mumbles distractedly, before blinking. “Mom? What are you doing here?”


Mrs. Higurashi smiles. “I’m here to help out with training Souta. But I see I shouldn’t have come until later… What were you all doing last night?”


Souta grins. “First we played ‘Ultimate Truth or Dare’, then we got ready for bed, Miroku and Yusuke brought drinks out, we looked through an old photo album Kagome and Kurama found in the storage shed, Kirara, Yusuke, Miroku, and Sango played some edited version of strip poker, and then… Oh wait, that’s all.”


“So I missed all the fun.” Mrs. Higurashi says, sighing.


“Pretty much… Well, I’d better wake them up. I bet Kohaku would like to help. Be right back!” Souta takes off running back down the hall toward the bedrooms to get Kohaku.


Mrs. Higurashi smiles and walks into the kitchen to get started on breakfast.


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


“Wow, looks good mom.” Souta says drooling as he looks at the food Mrs. Higurashi has put on the table. “Can I wake up everyone now?”


“Go ahead Souta.” Mrs. Higurashi says.


“Thanks! Come on Kohaku.” Souta says, dragging the young demon exterminator behind him. He drags him halfway to the living room before Kohaku gathers his thoughts enough to walk on his own.


Once in the living room, Souta pulls out his boom box, which is now hooked up to various speakers around the room, and plugs it in before turning it on. “Hey Kohaku, what do you say we play Miroku’s favorite song?”


Kohaku nods quickly before handing Souta the proper c.d. “Here Souta. I’m not sure what number it is though…”


“That’s okay.” Souta says happily, putting the c.d. in the boom box and turning it to the correct track.


“I like big butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a girl walks in with a iddy bitty waist, that round up in your face-”


“SOUTA! I’M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!”
An enraged Kirara yells as she blows up the boom box. Everyone else simply jerks awake. Or not…


Yusuke jumps up and holds his fingers in a spirit gun position, yelling curses the whole time, Miroku reaches over and grope Sango, Sango knocks Miroku unconscious, Kagome, Kurama, and Shippou were the only three to actually jerk awake, and Shizuru runs out into the living room with a baseball bat with everyone else behind her.


In the kitchen Mrs. Higurashi sighs as she pulls milk and orange juice out of the refrigerator. “I have a feeling it will be a long day today…”


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


“Alri ght, pay attention everyone!” Mrs. Higurashi says once everyone is assembled in the living room.


“Today, is the start of training for everyone. Yes everyone, and I’m going to assign pairs. For the first three hours I want Sango to help Keiko learn how to use a sword, Miroku you work with Kuwabara, Kirara I want you with Yusuke, Kurama-”


“We already know how to fight Aunt Kimiko.” Yusuke interrupts.


“I know that Yusuke.” Mrs. Higurashi snaps. “I just want you two to learn more and see if you can beat two professionals. Now, Kurama you help Kagome and Shippou with kitsune techniques, Shizuru if you could help Yukina with basic self-defense-”


“Well, this should be interesting.” A familiar voice says.


“Okay, what do you want now Genkai?” Yusuke asks.


“Kimiko invited me to watch you go up against a highly skilled cat demon.” Genkai replies as she walks into the living room.


“Genkai?” Kagome asks surprised. “What-? How-? Why-? Hang on,” She looks back and forth between Yusuke and Genkai. “Yusuke’s your dimwitted student?!”


“Unfortunately.” Genkai says.


Kagome raises an eyebrow. “Yusuke, you didn’t tell me you were trained by Genkai…”


“Crazy old hag…” Yusuke grumbles. “And I’m not about to loose to a cat demon Genkai, so just shut up!”


“Are you sure you’re not going to loose to me Yusuke? I am, after all, about 300 years older than you. And since I have shadow powers that makes it even more hard.” Kirara says, nonchalantly examining her nails.


“You,” Genkai points to Kirara. “Explain to me your powers. I can’t place them.”


“Well… Alright, I can hide in shadows and move through them into other shadows. Then there’s fire, I control two types. Regular red fire and then rare black fire. There’s also my telepathy, and last is wind, which I can control and use it to fly.” Kirara says, ticking each one off on her fingers.


“Well Yusuke, she will be a challenge for you. Hopefully she’ll be able to defeat you so your big head won’t grow any larger.” Genkai says.


Almost everyone laughs at this, or at least smiles.


“Well, what do you say we get to training!” Kirara yells jumping up happily.


Yusuke smirks. “Hey Kirara.”


“Huh, what Yusuke?” Kirara asks, facing the spirit detective.


“You might want to change clothes. Unless you want to train in that.” Yusuke says, still smirking.


Kirara blinks and looks down at what she’s wearing before grinning. “Aw, what’s the matter Yusuke, you no like my outfit?”


“Kirara!”


“Okay, okay!” Kirara holds up her hands in defeat. “I’ll go change! But you all might want to as well. Unless of course, you want to train in your pajama’s.”


“I have a question.” Mrs. Higurashi says suddenly. “What were you doing last night to make you dress like that?”


Kirara grins, hoping to get Yusuke and Miroku in trouble. “Well, somehow Yusuke and Miroku talked me and Sango into playing an edited version of strip poker. But I have a feeling the reason we accepted was because those two put sake in some drinks…” She flashes a fanged grin at the two boys. “See, living for 300 years has some good points. For example, I know what sake tastes and smells like so no one can spike my drink without me knowing.”


“Boys…” Mrs. Higurashi growls, as everyone else turns to look at the two. “Is this true?”


“Umm…” Yusuke responds, trying to think up a good excuse.


“Now Mrs. Higurashi, do we look like people who would do such a thing? Perhaps it was Kirara her self that put in the sake, after all what would we gain?” Miroku asks calmly.


“Miroku,” Sango growls through clenched teeth. “You had better run. And fast. Very, very fast, because when I get a hold of you, you won’t be able to feel anything.”


“Nothing?”


“ Nothing except pain, pain, and more pain.”


Miroku gulps. “I think I’ll uh… just be going now…” He runs quickly out of the room with Sango right on his heels.


“Yusuke…” Kagome and Keiko growl at the same time.


“I’d say you should borrow Miroku’s advice Yusuke.” Kirara cajoles. “Unless you wanna die a very painful death that is…”

Yusuke gulps before running off with Keiko and Kagome right behind him.


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


After Keiko, Sango, and Kagome had chased Miroku and Yusuke around for a while, and eventually locked them in a closet, they decided to get ready for training along with everyone else.


Sango and Kohaku are wearing their taijiya outfits and have retrieved their weapons Kirara had in the storage shed. The rest of the girls are wearing training kimono’s that Kirara had insisted on them wearing. Kagome’s is emerald green, Keiko’s is a green-blue color, Botan’s is pink, Shizuru’s is navy blue, Kirara’s is black, Yukina’s is ice blue, and Mrs. Higurashi’s is mahogany.


Miroku’s wearing his monk robes, and out of habit he has the cloth and prayer beads wrapped around his hand. Shippou and Souta are wearing a haori and hakama. Shippou’s is dark red and Souta’s is teal colored.


Once Miroku and Yusuke were let out of the closet and had gotten ready, everyone went outside to figure out who they were up against first. Which brings us to the present…


“Pairings are as followed.” Mrs. Higurashi says. “Kurama, Shippou, and Kagome, then Sango and Keiko, Miroku and Kuwabara, Kirara and Yusuke,” (Yusuke pales slightly as Kirara flashes another fanged grin in his direction.) “Shizuru and Yukina, anyone else can relax for now until we switch you with someone else.”


“And no playing around Yusuke.” Genkai warns.


“Since when have I ‘played around’ with fighting Genkai?! Jeez…”


Everyone else laughs at Yusuke’s exclamation.


Mrs. Higurashi shakes her head. “Anyway, Kurama you will help Kagome and Shippou with kitsune skills. Sango, you teach Keiko a bit of hand-to-hand combat and if possible how to use a sword or some other weapon. Miroku and Kirara, your job is to find out how skilled Yusuke and Kuwabara are. Shizuru I was thinking you could teach Yukina self-defense.”


Everyone nods in understanding.


“Alright then, lets go and get started!” Mrs. Higurashi says.


-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D --T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E-

Shiro: Okay, so it was uneventful really. The next chapter's more interesting. Promise.