InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 13: Training ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. I do own the plot and any OC characters used in this story.

-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T- R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E-

Chapter 13: Training


Kirara and Yusuke stand opposite each other in a clearing with tree’s surround them on each side. Genkai stands off to the side to watch them.


“Yusuke, do you know how to use a sword?” Kirara suddenly asks.


“Yeah, why do you wanna know?” Yusuke replies.


Kirara grins and throws him a sheathed sword. “That’s why. I didn’t wanna use this,” She holds up a long pole. “Unless you knew how to use a weapon. It would be an unfair advantage.”


“Oh, so you’re going to fight with a stick?” Yusuke says.


Kirara sighs and rolls her eyes before smirking. “Why yes Yusuke, I’m going to use this stick to knock your head off!” She switches to a defensive position. “Well detective, are you going to attack or not? And I’d suggest using that sheath to block, it’s made from an incredibly strong material.”


“Maybe I’ll wait until you attack.” Yusuke grumbles.


Kirara shrugs. “Whatever. Just don’t blame me if you get hurt!” She lunges suddenly, catching Yusuke off guard with her speed. Yusuke quickly unsheathes the sword and brings it up to block the attack. Kirara jumps back a few feet before lunging once again, this time pressing a hidden switch on her pole causing a deadly-tipped, curved blade to swish into place, turning the pole into a glaive. Using the blade, Kirara hooks the sword and sheath, making it fly out of Yusuke’s hands and landing several feet away. She points the blade at Yusuke’s throat, making sure to keep it two inches away from him. “Give up detective? I would if I were you. After all, if I were your opponent you’d be dead already.”


Yusuke nods slowly, weary of the deadly tip of her glaive.


Kirara chuckles and pulls the glaive away from Yusuke, before pressing the hidden switch making the blade retract. Then she retrieves the sword and sheath, tucking it back around her waist.


“Shall we go see how everyone else is doing Lady Genkai?” Kirara asks.


Genkai nods. “Yes, lets go.”


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


“Shippou,̶ 1; Mrs. Higurashi sighs slightly. “You don’t have to concentrate so hard. It makes your energy and illusions unstable.”


After watching Kurama and Kagome unsuccessfully try to help Shippou, Mrs. Higurashi decided to help him and Souta with their illusions.


“Souta, you’re not concentrating hard enough. It’s causing your energy and illusions to be even more unstable than Shippou’s.”


“I know mom, you’ve said it like twenty times now!” Souta complains loudly. “Jeez, I’m trying the best I can this doesn’t come naturally.”


“Actually, it does.” Shippou says sheepishly. “Fox demons know the basics of illusions, like how to form them although the parents have to teach pups how to sustain them.”


Souta glares at Shippou. “Not. Helping.”


Shippou grins half-apologetically. “Sorry, but it’s true Souta. And you couldn’t even form part of an illusion a little while ago.”


“Shuddup.” Souta grumbles, concentrating on forming a copy of himself. “I got the hang of it really quick stupid, besides I’d thought I was human my whole life and never dreamed I’d be a fox demon or any other kind of demon for that matter. So don’t blame me!”


Shippou smirks and forms an illusionary plant right by Souta’s copy. “Say ‘bye-bye Souta’!”


-CHOMP-


Souta growls as Shippou’s plant ‘eats’ his copy.


“Oh, it’s on now!” Souta yells, using his illusionary skills to form… a giant half slug.


Shippou stares at the giant half slug for a moment, as does Mrs. Higurashi, Kagome, and Kurama, before cracking up laughing.


“Oh… my… god…! That’s the most funny thing I’ve ever seen!” Shippou cajoles.


“Shut. Up. Shippou.” Souta growls, trying without success to make the giant half slug disappear. Shippou cracks up more as the slug starts oozing bright blue acid.


“DAMNIT!” Souta yells angrily, causing the slug to then erupt into green flames and start melting. Of course, this only causes Shippou to laugh even more and nearly sends Kagome and Kurama into a panic attack as the fire gets close to an extremely rare flower, which is extremely efficient in healing fire-related burns.


And this is the scene that Kirara, Genkai, and Yusuke walk in on after checking up on everyone else.


Kirara raises an eyebrow. “I thought you all were training.”


“Shut up Kirara.” Souta growls, still trying to get rid of the slug. Then the slug suddenly explodes, showering everyone in the area with… nothing. The illusion disappeared before the slug parts hit anyone.


“At least we don’t need a bath!” Kagome jokes.


Kirara sighs nods. “Although I might after keeping Hiei from attacking me!” She wheels around as she says this, bringing her activated glaive up to meet the force of Hiei’s strike.


“Crap.” Shippou murmurs, watching the two battle. “I’d hate to have either of them as an enemy.”


“What the hell are you doing Hiei!?” Yusuke yells.


“Do you honestly expect an answer Yusuke?” Kagome asks.


“They’re testing each other to see what their skills are. Hiei used surprise to make sure Kirara’s aware of her surroundings, Kirara used a surprise method with her glaive to counter the attack. I don’t think Hiei was expecting her to have a glaive, and in a way it gives Kirara a slight advantage. Hiei’s sword is for close range attacks while Kirara can get hits in from further away.” Kurama says.


“Testing each other?” Shippou asks.


Kurama nods. “Hiei didn’t strike at her very hard and could have moved if she hadn’t reacted as quickly as she had.”


“They’re both really good.” Kagome says admiringly.


Souta nods. “Maybe we should leave them be for a while and get back to training. It looks like they might be at it for a while.”


“I agree!” Shippou says. “Come on grandma, teach us more!”


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


“Keeennnssss hhhhiiiinnnn.” Rin growls through gritted teeth. “If you don’t cut that out right now I swear I will go get Sesshoumaru. Or else I’ll leash you.”


Kenshin immediately retracts his claws and jumps off the ladder, crepe paper in hand.


“What am I suppose to do then!?”


“Use scissors. It leaves jagged edges when you use your claws.” Rin says, handing him a pair of scissors.


“Okay, okay. Jeez.” Kenshin grumbles, jumping back up onto the ladder.


“Is big brother Kenshin in twouble?” Kita asks.


Rin sighs. “No, he’s just getting a warning. He will be in trouble if your father finds out.”


“DON’T PUT THAT THERE KENJI!” Hisako suddenly yells.


-BAM-


“Wicked!/Cool!/Awesome!̶ 1; Kenji, Kaori, and Kojiro exclaim.


Rin sighs and massages her temples. “My god…”


Saeko flutters into the room and lands on Rin’s shoulder. “There, there Rin. It’s okay. You’ll get everything set up in time so don’t worry.”


“How can I not worry.” Rin grumbles. “The triplets are bored- that automatically spells trouble-, Kenshin won’t listen to a word I say like always, Kita won’t stop bothering Kenshin, and Hisako and Hiroji won’t stop arguing.”


“Want me to go get Sesshoumaru?” Saeko asks.


“There’s no need.” A calm voice says from behind them.


“Sesshoumaru!” Rin cries, turning around.


“Dad!/Father!/Daddy!” The pups yell.


“Kids.” Sesshoumaru acknowledges. “Hisako, Kenshin, and Kenji come down from there.”


The three hanyou’s automatically drop to the ground.


“Rin, go take a break and look over the guest list. Make sure I didn’t forget anything. Then review the bands and caterers.” Sesshoumaru says.


“You can handle them all?” Rin asks.


Sesshoumaru nods. “Go on Rin.”


Rin shrugs before walking out of the ballroom with Saeko trailing behind.


Sesshoumaru waits until Rin is out of the room before turning to the kids. “Alright, lets turn this into a game. What ever team finishes their job the fastest, works together on it, and does their job well, gets out of cleaning duty for a month and will get a surprise. How about it?”


“Cool!/I’ll do it!/Kita will!/Will I get in trouble for using my sword…?/As long as I’m not with Hiroji!”


“I want Kenshin and Hiroji together, then Kita and Hisako, and last Kaori, Kenji, and Kojiro. Kenshin and Hiroji, continue hanging the crepe paper, lights, banners, and balloons. Kita and Hisako, you two keep blowing up the balloons and then work on untangling those lights. Kaori, Kenji, and Kojiro, you three get to organize the order the bands will play- you will have to go talk to your mother for that one- then organize the snack and drink bar- no alcoholics- and your last task is to get rid of any pink paint, dye, hair spray- get rid of anything pink that can dye hair for and extended period of time.”


The kids look at their father oddly before getting to work.


“Throw the crepe paper up here Kenshin!”


“Hisako, pwease hand Kita da bwu bawoon.” (Hisako, please hand Kita the blue balloon)


“Not that crepe paper- yeah! The green one!”


“Kaori! Don’t put it there! Put that here!”


“We have enough blue balloons Kita, how about this red one?”


“But it makes no sense to put the cheetos by the hot sauce!”


“Here comes the red crepe paper!”


“Well it doesn’t make sense to put the regular chips by the melted cheese!”


“Kita wants a bwu one!”


“Yes it does!/Does too!”


“I said green crepe paper! Not red!”


“Kita, there’s no blue balloons left!”


“There is no bean colored crepe paper!”


“Kenji! Dad said no alcoholic beverages!”


“I SAID GREEN!”


“Then Kita wants a gween bawoon.”


“It’s just grape soda!”


“Hai, you can have a green balloon Kita.”


“I wonder if pink fruit punch would count as ‘anything pink that can dye hair for and extended period of time’.”


“Oh green! Why didn’t you say so!?”


The conversation carries on like this for a few hours before they all completely finish. The first to finish though, areKenji, Kaori, and Kojiro, then Kita and Hisako, and last Kenshin and Hiroji (Mainly due to miscommunication).


“Alright, Kenji, Kaori, and Kojiro, you three have no cleaning duty for a month. I have yet to work out the surprise. Therest of you, get some sleep tomorrow’s going to be a busy day.” Sesshoumaru instructs.


“Hai father/daddy/dad!” They all yell, getting quickly out of the room before he finds more for them to do.


Sesshoumaru sighs once they’re all out of the room. “Now to talk to Rin…”


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


The two weeks pass by quickly for both Sesshoumaru’s family and the combined group of shard hunters and spirit detectives. For the combined group, it passed quickly mainly because of Shippou, Souta, and Kohaku’s pranks, Yusuke and Miroku’s perverted actions, Kirara’s fights with Hiei (the two discovered they don’t get along at all.), training, and their nightly games. Of course, they did have a few lazy days where they laid around, watched TV, and played video games.


For Sesshoumaru’s family the weeks passed quickly because of the level of hectivity. The guest list had grown much larger since how Sesshoumaru had it in the beginning, mainly because some of the shard hunters old friends heard they were going to the… thing.


The day to leave for Sesshoumaru’s finally came and everyone is now getting some last minute things put together.


First Kirara had to take Souta and Kohaku to the Higurashi shrine where they’d be staying until the group got back, then Genkai stopped by to talk to Yusuke and Kagome, and later while everyone else was packing up Kirara and Hiei somehow got into yet another fight that had something to do with paint filled balloons that fell on Hiei’s head…


Finally they were all ready to go. Hiei and Kirara had solved their conflict somehow and since Hiei was smirking everyone had a feeling he had won once again.


“Momma, do you know where Sesshoumaru’s castle is?” Shippou asks.


“I have no clue. I’m hoping Kirara does.” Kagome replies, glancing at the fuming Kirara.


“Somebody just open up a stupid portal to the Makai and I can find the bastard. ‘Cause I highly doubt you want me to rip the barrier to get through.” Kirara growls.


“There’s no need!” A familiar voice calls out.


Kirara scowls. “What are you doing here Saeko?”


“I’m here to be your guide to Sesshoumaru’s castle of course!” Saeko says happily, as she flies into view. “Jaken sent me.” Instead of her usual t-shirt and blue jeans combo she’s wearing a white kimono with golden and red crescent moons embroidered into it. She quickly opens a portal and motions for everyone to step through. “Come on everyone.”


“I would have found it on my own.” Kirara growls dangerously, once everyone has safely passed through the portal and Saeko has closed it.


“Now, now Kirara. It’s simply easier this way. Besides, Lord Sesshoumaru didn’t wish to have you terrorizing the demon villages around here.” Saeko says lightly. “Besides, his castle is very well hidden, you wouldn’t be able to find it if you didn’t know where to look.”


Kirara grumbles something under her breath about irresponsible retainers and annoying mutts.


“Well, what are we standing around here for?!” Saeko asks. “Follow me everyone and we’ll be there in no time at all!”


“Somebody’s cheerful this morning.” Kirara growls after they start walking. (Or flying in Saeko’s case.)


“I can’t help but be cheerful! Besides, I wasn’t the one arguing with a fire demon, now was I Kirara.” Saeko says.


Kirara continues grumbling throughout their long walk through the meadow they came out in, through a good-sized forest, through at least three villages, and then around one. After that she remains almost completely silent as they start into Sesshoumaru and Rin’s territory.


Saeko suddenly stops and lands on a tree branch. “We’ll stop to take a break for now. It’s about lunch time.” She adds, seeing the curious look on a few peoples faces.


“I can go catch some fish!” Shippou volunteers. “Momma, will you come with me?”


“Sure Shippou.” Kagome says before turning to everyone else. “Does anybody else want to go?”


“I’ll come Kagome, there’s something I wanted to talk to you about anyway.” Yusuke says.


Kagome shrugs. “Okay Yusuke. We just have to find a stream.”


“I can hear one over that way.” Shippou says happily, pointing to their right. “Hopefully there will be some fish.”


Kagome nods. “I hear it too.” She looks over at the others. “We’ll be back in a bit.”


Sango nods. “Okay Kagome, but you three be careful.”


“Don’t worry Sango,” Saeko says. “These are Lord Sesshoumaru’s lands, the only youkai that have permission to be here are Lord Sesshoumaru’s allies, as well as the nobles and their guests.” She smiles. “And of course, Lord Sesshoumaru and his family as well.”


Kagome nods her thanks, before her, Yusuke, and Shippou walk off into the trees searching for the stream.


Sango sighs. “Well, at least we don’t have to worry about any demon attacks.”


“I wouldn’t say that,” Saeko says. “Yusuke’s human. Although Kagome and Shippou are kitsunes they may attack. Not many humans have permission to be in the Makai. Those that are here are strong enough to live easily among demons, have a demon or demoness mate, are exterminators that travel around helping the royal families get rid of pests, or are a priest, priestess, monk, nun, or some other spiritual being, although they generally prefer the Reikai or Ningenkai.”


“So, somebody should go with them?” Botan asks worriedly.


Saeko sighs before continuing. “But, there’s also the fact that both Kagome and Yusuke are fighters in their own way, and both have been trained.” She glances at Kurama out of the corner of her own. “Now, if you’ll excuse me…” Spreading her dragoness wings, she soars over to a branch near Kurama.


“I guess we’ll just start on the fire.” Sango says with a slight sigh. “Come on Miroku, Kuwabara. We’ll go get firewood.”


“What? Why me?” Kuwabara asks.


“So that Hiei and Kirara won’t take out their anger by killing you.” Sango says dryly. “It’s because everyone’s going to do something for us to eat lunch. Whoever doesn’t help, doesn’t eat.”


“I vote on Kirara and Hiei starting the fire once we get the wood.” Miroku says, picking up his shakujou from where he had set it against the tree.


“Not unless you have a death wish.” Sango growls.


Miroku sighs as Sango grabs his arm and starts dragging him off into the forest.


“Move it Kuwabara!” Sango yells.


Shizuru, Yukina, Keiko, and Botan watch as Sango drags Miroku behind her, and then slaps him because of some perverted remark, and Kuwabara follows them hesitantly.


“Well,” Shizuru starts. “I guess we’ll just drag old logs for us to sit on. I’m hoping Kagome brought plates and everything else in her backpack.” She eyes the large yellow bag.


“That’s a good idea Shizuru!” Botan says happily. “Keiko and Yukina can check Kagome’s backpack, while me and you get the logs.” She glances at Kirara, Kurama, Saeko, and Hiei. “And I have a feeling it will only be us.”


“I’ll help.” Kirara says, jumping down from her tree.


Shizuru nods. “Alright, lets get to work!”


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


“So, do you like Kagome?” Saeko asks, watching Kurama’s reaction carefully.


“Why do you wish to know?”


Saeko sighs. ‘This is one of the reasons I hate dealing with fox demons. They always answer questions with questions.’ Her dragon tail swishes agitatedly. “Because, as Kirara’s retainer I have a right to know. After all, you are her grandson. I make it my business to know what goes on among the royal families.”


“Well, do you think I like her?”


“Well, I don’t know. You act like you do. But what does Youko think?” Saeko replies.


“…”


Saeko growls when she gets no reply.


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


“So, Kagome.” Yusuke starts. “What do you think of Kurama?”


“He’s nice.” Kagome replies, watching Shippou jump into the stream in an attempt to catch a fish.


“Do you like him?” Yusuke prods.


Kagome glances at Yusuke out of the corner of her eye. “Yusuke, I don’t see exactly how that’s any of your business.”


“I’m your cousin. Besides, everyone else-”


“Yusuke, shut up while you’re ahead.” Kagome says quickly, before turning to her cousin. “I don’t care what everyone else thinks Yusuke, but I do care what my family thinks. Now, go ahead and ask me your question straight ahead instead of swerving around it!”


“Okay… Do you have a crush on Kurama?” Yusuke finally asks.


Kagome sighs before quietly replying with a ‘yes’.


Yusuke blinks and looks over at Kagome. “You’re not going to get all flustered and say ‘no’?”


“Why should I?” Kagome asks as she walks over to the waters edge. “Just promise not to tell him.”


“I won’t.” Yusuke replies, walking up beside her. “And… I just figured you would get all flustered since that’s what you would usually do when we were kids and you had a crush on some kid in class.”


“People change Yusuke.” Kagome says, giggling slightly as Shippou falls face first into the water in yet another futile attempt to catch a fish. “And I guess it may also have something to do with me being a fox demon.”


“Yeah, fox demons are weird.” Yusuke says without thinking.


“Weird huh?” Kagome says raising an eyebrow. “Well, if you think my normal behavior is weird…” With a grin Kagome abruptly tackles Yusuke and they both fall with a loud ‘splash’ into the water.


“Kagome!” Yusuke yells, laughing as Kagome starts tickling him.


Shippou jumps up onto the bank and shakes off the water before sitting down to watch his mother and uncle wrestle in the water, successfully scaring any fish that were brave enough to stay when Shippou was fishing.


Shippou smirks inwardly as Yusuke yells several curses when Kagome dunks him under the water, and then flips Kagome around and immediately dunks her under the water. ‘My family… the nutcases… Too bad I don’t have my camera with me. Souta and Kohaku would die to see this.’


A girls soft laughter draws Shippou’s attention away from his ‘nutcase family’. He glances up into a tree to see a little girl with silver, black, and golden hair and cat ears on her head. Her bright amber eyes glitter with amusement. Markings on her wrists and on her face show that she is from a royal family.


Looking over to make sure Kagome and Yusuke are still goofing off, Shippou jumps up into the tree. “Who are you?” He asks.


The hybrid girl smiles. “I’m Tsuki Nekoki. You must be Shippou.”


Shippou looks at her in shock. “How…?”


“My granfather and grandmother told me.” Tsuki replies casually. “They sent me out here to find you guys. Grandfather said something about Kirara locking Saeko up or ripping a hole in the barrier to shove Saeko in there and then getting all lost or turned around.” She smiles. “And to answer your next question that you were contemplating on asking. I’m ½ silver dog half demon, and ½ golden cat demon. So, that would be a quarter human, a quarter dog, and ½ cat. Oh yeah, I'm 10-years-old.


“You can read minds?” Shippou asks.


“Yeah! Pretty cool, huh?” Tsuki asks. “And your next question. Yes, I am related to Sesshoumaru. I’m his granddaughter. Well,” She grins. “One of them anyway.” She looks in amusement down at Yusuke and Kagome. “How about we get those two to stop acting like little kids and then go to your camp. Grandmother and momma sent me with some food for you guys.”


Shippou nods in agreement and the two slip down out of the tree. “So, how should we get them to stop?”


Tsuki thinks for a moment, before an idea comes to her. Grinning, she takes a deep breath. “OI! Would you two stop acting like 5-year olds for one minute? Jeez!”


The reaction happened just the way Tsuki had hoped. Kagome and Yusuke jump up out of the water, making sure to keep an eye on the youkai girl, and slowly make their way to the shore.


“Who are you?” Kagome asks, twitching her fox ears to make sure there’s no danger.


“There’s no need to worry. I’m Tsuki, from the Western Land royal family. Grandfather and Grandmother sent me here to help you guys and to bring you food for lunch.” She says, bowing slightly. “We will need a fire to cook some of it though.”


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


“So, your Sesshy’s granddaughter.” Kirara says, looking over Tsuki. “You defiantly look it.” She grins. “I bet ol’ Sesshy had a fit when your dad mated a cat demon! He’s always been overprotective like that. He was even that way with me…”


It turns out that Sesshoumaru’s guess that Kirara would get overly annoyed with Saeko came true, since when Sango, Miroku, and Kuwabara got back Saeko was gone. Upon entering the camp, Tsuki had rolled her eyes when she found Saeko nowhere to be seen and a clearly poorly opened spot in the barrier. “I don’t even want to know where you sent that poor dragon.” Tsuki had said.


“Food’s ready!” Sango says, interrupting their conversation. When Kirara glares at her she immediately replies with, “Shut up Kirara and come eat.”


Kirara growls, but complies. Soon, everyone’s happily eating hamburger (Or what they hope is hamburger…) and chatting about random topics.


“I guess he was a little surprised. But momma didn’t say anything about grandfather having a fit. Although she did say he threatened daddy when he found out he was courting momma…” Tsuki says thoughtfully.


“Sounds like Sesshoumaru has calmed down over the years.” Sango says.


Kirara smiles slightly before focusing more on her food. ‘I keep forgetting that while no time at all has passed for me, 500 years have passed for my friends and family. I can’t help but think about how much I’ve missed… all the birthdays, my grandkits and great grandkits… And all my friends have probably changed a lot… hell, look at how much Sesshoumaru has changed. And if Tsuki is half inu hanyou then that means Sesshoumaru’s mate is human… unless she’s a great granddaughter, but that wouldn’t be right.’ Kirara sighs and takes a bite of her hamburger. ‘God I miss them… my Sakura… my family… I hope they’ll be here. But even if they are, will they recognize me? Will they accept me?’


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0


“So, this is the place, huh?” Kirara asks Tsuki, somewhat boredly. She looks out at the purplish mountains in the distance, and the lush forests surrounding the castle, with sparkling blue ponds here and there.


“Oh wow…” Kagome and Sango murmur.


“Pretty cool place, ne?” Tsuki asks energetically. “Well, come on! Grandfather and grandmother have been waiting. Along with the rest of the family of course.”


The rest of the group follows the incredibly happy Tsuki, as she leads them through the gate and across the drawbridge to the front door. She stops suddenly as a black dog demon guard barks as it comes around from the side of the castle.


“Oh hey Darkaro. It’s just me, Tsuki. These are some of grandfather and grandmother's guests.” Tsuki says casually.


The dog demon, now identified as Darkaro, barks once again causing Tsuki to sigh.


“These are Lady Kirara’s guests.” Tsuki says.


Darkaro backs away, a slight whine coming from his throat.


“It’s alright Darkaro, you’re just protecting the castle. And doing a very good job too!” Tsuki says, once again cheerful.


Darkaro barks before trotting off to continue his rounds around the castle.


Tsuki smiles and turns to the group. “Well, welcome to the Western Lands castle. Let’s go in and meet everyone.” She turns away and pushes heavily against the door, eventually putting her full weight against it to get it to open.


-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D --T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E-

Shiro: We meet the whole Taisho family in the next chapter. That's something to look forward to...