InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 14: Meeting the Family ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. I also don't own Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail. I do own the plot and any OC characters used in this story.

-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T- R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E-

Chapter 14: Meeting the Family


Almost everyone gasps once they step into the well furnished castle. Kurama has to restrain Youko more than usual since they're in a castle for royalty.


"Welcome." A warm voice says from their right.


"Grandma!" Tsuki yells, running over to hug Rin. "I helped them get here, just like you and grandpa asked!"


"Thanks Tsuki. Now, how about you go tell your mom that you're back before she decides to send your brother out on a wild goose chase." Rin says.


Tsuki nods and takes off running down the hall.


Rin sighs and turns to the group. "Well, I'm the Lady of the House and Sesshoumaru's mate. I remember you…" She says looking at Kagome and Sango. "From when I was a little girl."


Sango and Kagome gasp and then simultaneously ask, "Rin?!"


"The one and only!" Rin says with a slight giggle. "Now, I'd like to introduce to you my family." She says as she hears loud voices coming down the hall. "Or a few of my pups at least." She says as Hisako and Hiroji come into view.


Hisako's dressed in a simple sky blue kimono today with her silver hair pulled up into a bun.


Hiroji is one of his training outfits, which only makes sense since he just finished with his lesson. His training outfit is dark red with white trim and designs, and has his silver hair pulled up into a high ponytail.


"Pups." Rin says, to get their attention away from what was inevitably another argument. "Won't you introduce yourselves to Lady Kirara and her guests."


"Oh right! Sorry. I'm Hisako Taisho." She says, bowing before nudging her brother.


"And I'm Hiroji Taisho. And I must say, it is a great pleasure to finally meet you Lady Kirara." He says, bowing slightly before taking Kirara's hand and giving it a respectful, but friendly kiss, causing Kirara to blush and giggle slightly.


"It's nice to meet the both of you." Kirara replies.


"Well, we must be on our way now." Hisako says, practically dragging Hiroji off.


"They're my oldest." Rin tells everyone. "Well, the oldest pups that still live here in the castle. The other's have started arriving already, I'll introduce you to them in a little while."


"Mommy!" Kita whines as she comes racing into the room, her ponytails askew "Mommy! Big brother Kenshin is being mean again!"


Rin sighs and picks up her youngest pup. "What did he do this time?"


"He called me a meanie!" Kita whines.


Rin sweat drops. "Okay… And were you bothering him again? Or in his room without his permission?"


"He was in there too."


Rin sighs. "I'll do something about it later. Now introduce yourself to our guests."


Kita blinks and innocently looks over at the odd group with her large amber colored eyes.


"Hiya! I'm Kita!"


Kirara nods. "Nice to meet you."


Rin smiles and sets Kita down. "Now… Kenshin! Kaori! Kenji! Kojiro!"


A few minutes later the four silver and black haired inu hanyou's come into the room.


Kenshin has his bokken with him as usual and has braided his hair to keep it out of the way. He looks over the group with his weary dark blue eyes and brushes some bangs out of the way. Like Hiroji, he is also wearing a training outfit, only his is black with gold trim and designs.


Kaori is wearing a mint green yukata and has her black streaked, silver hair down instead of up in a ponytail or braid like usual.


Kenji and Kojiro are both wearing a forest green haori and hakama and also have their black streaked, silver hair down.


"We didn't do anything today mom." Kenji automatically says.


"I know," Rin replies. "That's not the reason I called you four out here. Kirara's guests are here."


The 4 look over at Kirara and then the humans and youkai behind her.


"I'm Kenshin Taisho."


"Kaori Taisho."


"I'm Kenji!" Rin gives him a look. "Taisho. Kenji Taisho."


"Name's Kojiro Taisho. It's nice to finally meet you Kirara. We," He gestures to himself, Kaori, and Kenji. "Have heard so much about you from dad."


Kirara grins. "Oh really… I'm surprised he's mentioned me."


:Hn. Idiot cat.:


Kirara growls and whips around. "Shove it fire-boy!"


"I didn't say anything." Hiei says, a slight smirk on his face.


"I hate you…" Kirara grumbles.


"Kirara," A voice interrupts. "I'm glad you made it without killing anything."


"Shut up fluffy. I'm in a bad mood if you hadn't noticed, so DON'T PISS ME OFF!" Kirara yells.


Sesshoumaru smirks. "You haven't changed a bit kitten."


Kirara's eyes flash dangerously. "I told you not to call me that!"


"And I've warned you about calling me 'fluffy'."


"Fine! I won't call you that anymore!"


"Then what will you call me?!"


Kirara smirks. "Insolent pup."


Everyone laughs as Kirara and Sesshoumaru continues on with their playful bantering. Kenji, Kojiro, and Kaori decide to store away a phrase or two for future use when they have an argument with each other or one of their siblings.


"MOM!" A girl with long silver tipped, black hair comes quickly into the room. Her kimono is navy blue with white and red crescent moons and stars and her obi is sky blue.


"Hello Akemi." Rin says, once Sesshoumaru and Kirara has taken a break in their argument. "Where's Tsuki at?"


"She's upstairs being pestered by her brother. He's still a little upset that you went Tsuki out alone. You know how overprotective he is." Akemi says smiling slightly. She notices Kirara and the others. "Ah, you must be Kirara, Kagome, Shippou, Yusuke, Miroku, Sango, Hiei, Yukina, Kurama, Kuwabaka, Shizuru, Botan, and Keiko. I'm Akemi Nekoki."


A cat demon comes out of nowhere and wraps his arms around Akemi, who growls and smacks the male. "And this would be my mate, Daisetsu."


Kirara's eyes widen and her jaw drops. "D-Dai-Daisetsu!!!!"


"Eh heh, Hi aunt Kira." Daisetsu says with a grin. "And might I say that you look lovely today."


Kirara growls. "Don't think for one second that I've forgotten that prank you pulled on me."


"Oh come on Kira! I was 5!"


"You were old enough to know better!"


"I was not! I barely even remember that!"


"You laughed your ass off as soon as I got hit by your prank!"


"Well, kittens find everything funny! You should know that! After all, you're a kitten yourself."


"DDDAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT SSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!"


About two hours later, the large group had been introduced to Sesshoumaru and Rin's whole family. Well, the one's that showed up.


Of the pups that still live with them are:


Hisako (girl) and Hiroji (boy)- The oldest. The twin silver-haired hanyou's.


Kita- the youngest. Black-haired hanyou girl.


Kenshin- second oldest. Silver and black haired hanyou boy.


Kaori (girl), Kenji, and Kojiro (both boys)- third oldest. Also have silver and black hair.


The others that are out of the house and may have mates and pups of their own:


Akemi- Oldest of all the pups. Black hair tipped silver. Her mate is Daisetsu, a golden neko. Her pups are: Tsuki- silver, black, and golden hair. And her other pup is Ekiken- silver and golden hair. Tsuki's twin brother.


Taro- Oldest son. Second oldest pup. Silver hair. His mate is Yuri, a red dog half demon. His pups: Saeko (named after Taisho's favorite royal retainer)- oldest pup/daughter red-silver hair. Tara- Second oldest pup/daughter. Bright red hair with black tips. Yoshi- youngest child and the only son. He's also to be the Lord of the Western Lands after his father and grandfather. Silver, black, and red hair.


Yujiro- Second oldest son. 4th child. Silver and black hair. No mate.


Etsuko- Third oldest daughter. 6th child. Pure black hair- in moonlight it looks silver. Her mate is Koshiro, a sunset/silver fox mix. One daughter, Ayame- silver-pink hair with black tips.


And last is Hana- Seventh oldest daughter. 10th child. Silver and black hair. No mate but has adopted a kit, and named her Kira in honor of Kirara.


After being introduced to the Taisho family, the group splits up to get a tour around the castle. Everyone except Kirara that is, since she already knows her way around the castle from the time she spent there as a kitten.


Kagome, Kurama, Yusuke, Keiko, and Shippou went to see the gardens and then find the game room. Their 'guide' is Kaori.


Kuwabara, Shizuru, Yukina, and Hiei (who followed to make sure Yukina would be okay) decided to just get a tour around the castle so they would know where everything is. Their 'guide' is Hiroji.


Botan, Sango, and Miroku also just wanted a tour but wanted to stay away from Kuwabara, Hiei, and somewhat Shizuru, since Hiei and Kuwabara would most likely start fighting, or Shizuru and Kuwabara would start fighting. The trio's 'guide' is Kenshin.


Kaori's Group


"And here's the Western Land garden." Kaori says, pushing open the twin oak door that lead outside.


Kagome, Shippou, and Keiko gasp at the sight of the large garden. Beautiful trees, bushes, flowers, and even some herbs almost cover the entire area. The walkway is made up of stone plates and leads through the different sections of the whole garden. The garden mainly revolves around a small pond and the stream that winds through the entire area.


"Over that way is a rose garden maze thing. My mom's idea. Down that way you can reach the pond where lots of wild flowers and lilies grow. Over…" Kaori rattles off several more different areas of the large garden. "You guys go ahead and check it out. I'll wait here, when you all are ready come back to this spot. Then we can head on to the game room."


"I wanna see the maze!" Shippou exclaims. "Can we go see the rose maze, momma?"


"Sure Shippou." Kagome replies happily, before turning to Kurama and the others. "Anyone wanna come?"


"Me and Keiko are gonna go check out the er… pond! Yeah, the pond. Right Keiko?" Yusuke asks.


'The pond?' Keiko mouths before replying with, "Yeah, the pond. See you guys in a bit!"


"Let's meet in about… 15 minutes?" Kagome suggests.


Kaori sighs from her spot on a wooden bench. "It takes me, Kojiro, and Kenji about 20 minutes to make it through the maze. Since it's your first time it'll probably take over a half hour." She grins. "And I'd be careful, the bushes have a tendency to move."


With this strange warning giving, Kaori pulls a laptop out of nowhere and gets to work on typing something. Most likely her, Kenji, and Kojiro's most recent fiction, '101 Ways to Annoy Family Members and More'. Soon music started playing. Kagome was able to recognize it as Evanescence before her, Shippou, and Kurama went off to go through the maze.


Kenshin's group


"PERVERT!"


-SMACK!-


Kenshin sighs and shakes his as, for the fifth time, Miroku groped either Botan, Sango, or both or them at the same time, and then got his ass kicked. This time, it was Sango he groped and then got smacked. Hard.


'Well, it's better than him being knocked unconscious by Hiraikotsu and then being dragged around by his feet.' Kenshin thinks in annoyance. 'But if he gropes one of them one more time, I will personally give myself the honor of knocking him into a comatose state that will last 2 hours.'


"Why Sango, I merely wish to admire-"


"Do your admiring from afar monk! Very far!" Sango yells angrily.


Miroku winces. 'Sango only calls me "monk" when she's really angry with me… I'll have to seek out Kagome and get some advice from her later. Or perhaps Kurama… Kirara may even help me.'


Kenshin narrows his eyes as Miroku falls back from the girls, apparently lost in thought. 'Or else thinking perverted things about Lady Sango and Lady Botan…' He glances back at the two girls as they come to a new hall. "And this is the royal family's hall. All of our bedrooms are down here. If you ever need any help, just try to find your way here and knock on any of our bedroom doors, unless you hear really loud yelling because that means Hiroji and Hisako have gotten into another fight."


"How often do they fight?" Botan asks curiously.


"Well, usually they get into a fight about 5- 20 times a day, it depends on what day it is, what the weather's like, whether or not one of them went on a date with their boyfriend or girlfriend, ect. Gets really confusing, but here in the Taisho household, you learn how to predict things after a while." Kenshin says. "Now come on, the next hall is for more family members…"


Sango tunes Kenshin out and glances back at a now-sad looking Miroku. Whispering to Botan she tells her she's going to talk to Miroku. Botan nods, and walks a little faster to walk beside Kenshin and ask him a question.


Sango sighs and slows up her walking so Miroku can catch up to her. He does, and looks over at her questioningly.


"I hope I didn't hit you too hard Miroku." Sango says.


"'tis but a flesh wound." Miroku jokes.


Sango laughs, remembering the 'black knight' scene in the Monty Python movie they watched with everyone. Sango, Miroku, Shippou, Yusuke, and Kirara had gotten a big kick out of the 'black knight' scene, although when the movie was over Sango and Kagome had caught Miroku and Yusuke talking about having the girls reenact the 'Castle Anthrax' scene. Which ultimately led to Sango and Kagome grabbing the nearest heavy object and then chasing the guys around the house. Kirara and Shippou had found a video camera sometime during all this, and after Souta and Kurama showed them how to use it they were able to catch the whole chase on video.


"Sango…" Miroku says, slipping his hand over hers. "If I promise to not grope any other women, or you… will you-"


-CRASH-


"GET BACK HERE SHRIMP! YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!"


The sight of Kuwabara chasing a dark blur down the hall interrupts Sango and Miroku's conversation.


"I wonder when he'll realize that it's Kirara manipulating the shadows and not Hiei running." Sango says


Miroku sighs. "I haven't a clue, Sango."


Hiroji's Group


Hiroji and Shizuru watch in annoyance as Kuwabara goes off on a rant and starts chasing after what is clearly one of Kirara's shadows.


"Hn. Idiot." Hiei growls.


"Well, that's pretty obvious." Kirara says coming out of nowhere. "And I'll have you know I only got him off your case because he was driving me up the wall. I can hear him from my room."


"Is Kazuma really that loud, Kirara?" Yukina asks.


"Sesshoumaru was starting to get a headache because of him." Kirara says sighing. "Makes me feel bad for him. After all, he does have better hearing than I do."


Hiroji shakes his head. "I'm just hoping he'll be able to find his way to the main floor."


"Don't worry about him. The shadow is set to lead him out of the way. Most likely he'll wind up on the first floor."Kirara says. "And I'll see you later!" With a grin, Kirara runs straight into a wall.


-BAM!-


"Oh shit…" Kirara moans, rubbing her forehead. "Okay, that was stupid. Mental note: check for shadows next time Kira…"


"Hn. Idiot cat. And here you were saying I was stupid." Hiei says smirking.


"Shut up fire-boy!"


"You're a fire cat."


"Insensitive jerk!"


"Slow bitch."


"Asshole!"


"Kitten."


Kira ra storms over to Hiei and smacks him across the face. "It's not even remotely funny when you call me kitten. Call me that again and I will find some way to kill you." With fire burning in her eyes she calls a shadow and slips down into it.


Hiroji sighs. Even though things like this happen around the castle almost daily, he's still not use to it. "Well, let's continue on then."


-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L- D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E-

Shiro: Well, that was interesting... I think Kirara and Hiei fight a bit too much though.