InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 15: Start of the Party ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. I do own the plot and any OC characters used in this story.

-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T- R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E-

Chapter 15: Start of the Party


Kirara sighs as she tosses a bouncy ball against the ceiling for what seems like the 20th time in the past 5 minutes. 'I'm bored…'


The ball lands on her head. "Dammit!"
Kaori, Kenji, and Kojiro look up from there 'project'.
"What's wrong Kira?" Kenji asks curiously. "You as bored as we are?"
Kirara nods and jumps down from the triplet's bunk bed. "What do you three do when you're bored."
The three exchange identical evil grins. "Anyone up for a water balloon fight?"
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kagome and Kurama sit on a bench in the gardens watching Shippou play with the other demon children that are at Sesshoumaru's with their parents.
Currently in the field playing is Tsuki, Ekiken, Yoshi, Ayame, Kira, and Kita. And Shippou of course.
"Hey." Akemi greets, walking over to the two kitsune's with Daisetsu.
Kagome and Kurama look up.
"Hey/Hello Akemi. Daisetsu." Kagome and Kurama say.
"Mind if we sit here?" Akemi asks softly, gesturing to the bench.
"Not at all." Kurama replies, as him and Kagome move over so there's enough room.
Akemi smiles and sits down, pulling Daisetsu with her. "So, what brings you two here watching the kids?"
Kagome laughs. "Somebody needs to watch them. Shippou gets into enough trouble with my brother and Sango'sbrother, so I figured he'd try to cause even more trouble now."
Akemi chuckles. "Tsuki and Ekiken can be the same way sometimes." She leans over to the two foxes and whispers, "They get it from their father's side." Grinning she straightens up, while her mate growls at her.
"I heard that Akemi. And I swear they get it from your side. Defiantly from Sesshy." Daisetsu says smirking before directing his attention to Kagome and Kurama. "So, which one of the pups is yours?"
"Shippou, the red-haired illusion pup." Kagome says, watching as Shippou tackles the golden/twilight pup known as Kira. "I don't see how a ebony fox demon and a silver can make a red illusion." Daisetsu comments, causing Kagome and Kurama to blush and Akemi to look at her mate weirdly.
"You idiot! They adopted him! Like how Hana adopted Kira, you idiot!" Akemi hisses. (Which is odd, since she's a dog demon…)
"Oh!" Daisetsu replies smartly.
"How can you be so stupid sometimes?! You're over 500 years old, moron!" Akemi yells.
"Yeah well… you're over 400 you crazy old hag!"
Kurama and Kagome both exchange glances before slinking off away from the now pissed-off dog half demon and the… odd cat demon.
Sango, Miroku, Kuwabara, and Shizuru

"-And then Shizuru walks into the room wearing this really weird-"
"Kazuma if you don't shut up now, I'll tell everyone about the teddy bear that you named 'Mr. Huggles.'!" Shizuru yells from across the room, where she is sitting on a couch talking to Sango.
"Shizuru!" Kuwabara whines, while Miroku gives him an odd look before getting up and crossing the room to the girls.
"So ladies," He kneels down beside them. "Would either of you be interested in-"
-SMACK!- -POW!- -WHAM!- -SMASH!-
Sango smacks him in the cheek before grabbing the nearest heavy object (her Hiraikotsu) and brings it down over the poor monks head, while Shizuru hits him in the head and grabs the nearest vase smashing it over his head.
"Anyone up for strip poker…?" Miroku asks dazedly, before falling over unconscious.
"Think we hit him hard enough?" Shizuru asks, poking the monk.
"You know, I'm amazed that Miroku's still alive after all the beatings he's received all these months. I'm even more amazed he doesn't have brain damage." Kirara comments as she walks through the room with a bucket full of an unknown substance.
"Are you sure about that?" Sango asks, slapping Miroku's hand away as it inched toward her rear.
"Now that I think about it… nope! Cheerio!" Kirara grins brightly before walking off, just as Kagome and Kurama enter the room.
"Kurama, sadly enough, I must say that your family has serious issues." Kagome says with a sigh. "Starting with Kirara."
Kurama sighs and nods his head. "Most of them do."
"So, what's your excuse?" Sango asks, once again smacking away Miroku's hand.
Kurama holds his head up and says, "I'm a fox demon." in a way that would make Youko proud.

So, you have been paying attention to me. Youko says smirking.
'Youko…' Kurama growls in warning.
I have a question though. WHY HAVEN'T YOU ASKED HER TO BE YOUR MATE YET!?
'Because I barely know her.'
You've known her for nearly a month!
'It's only been a half a month Youko.'
Youko remains silent for a moment. It sure seems longer! At least ask her out or something when we get back home!
'Fine!'
Kurama yells, annoyed with his other self.
"…Kurama? Kurama!"
"Huh?" Kurama blinks as he comes out of his conversation with Youko, causing Kagome to giggle.
"Having a little chat with your other self Kurama?" Yusuke asks, yawning as he walks in the room with Keiko. "Man, I thought we'd never get out of that stupid maze!"
"You went through the maze Yusuke?" Kagome asks. "Doesn't really sound like somethin' you'd do."
"Yeah well, Keiko practically dragged me-"
"I did not Yusuke!" Keiko yells. "Sure, I wanted to go through the maze, but you're the one who insisted on coming with me in case I need protection!"
"Oh yeah, I did say that didn't I?" Yusuke says.
"Idiot…" Kagome and Keiko grumble.
A extremely loud crash and then a bang causes everyone in the room to jump, while Kagome and Sango rush over to the door to figure out what's going .
"Don't tell Sesshy we ran past!" Kirara shouts, as she runs by the two girls with Kaori, Kenji, and Kojiro.
"What's going on?" Yusuke asks a few seconds later.
"Oh, Kirara's running for her life as usual. Only this time she has three helpers, namely Kaori, Kenji, and Kojiro." Kagome explains with a sigh, as her and Sango turn away from the door as Sesshoumaru is coming down the hall.
"KIRARA!" Sesshoumaru bellows.
Yusuke and Kuwabara crack up upon seeing Sesshoumaru, who is covered, not in pink dye, but neon blue dye. Everyone else currently in the room soon start laughing as well. Sesshoumaru growls and then gives everyone in the room a glare that could easily match Hiei's.
"It is not funny."


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

"Oh, come on Sesshoumaru. You've gotta admit it's kinda funny." Rin says gently, as she looks for a spell to get rid of the dye.
"Look at the bright side, at least it's not pink." Saeko says from her spot on top of a table. "And Kirara won't play any more pranks on you for a while since you got so angry with this one. She'll probably wait until your less stressed and when you least expect it."
Sesshoumaru merely growls in response and glares at the triplets who are whispering amongst one another in a corner. "If this dye isn't gone by the time everyone arrives, rest assure you three, along with Kirara, will be punished."
Kaori, Kenji, and Kojiro all gulp and look guiltily at one another.
"Don't worry Sesshoumaru. I doubt Kirara would want to embarrass you in front of all the royals. She's not that bad." Rin says, frowning as she sets aside the large book and opens another one.
"Having trouble finding the spell?" Sesshoumaru asks his mate.
"Yeah," Rin says nodding. "I've checked all the ancient spell books that you kept from over 500 years ago, but theirs nothing."
Sesshoumaru snorts. "Knowing the kitten, she used one of her own spells. She never does anything by the book unless she has to."
"That just makes her a more powerful ally." Rin comments.
Sesshoumaru sighs. "Maybe I should just cut my hair…"
"Don't you dare!" Rin exclaims. "Besides, with Kirara's spell she made it impossible to change your hair color or cut it, remember?"
"What makes you think it's Kirara's spell?" Kaori asks from the corner.
Rin and Sesshoumaru both look over at the triplets.
"What do you mean, Kaori?" Sesshoumaru asks.
"One of the spells is ours." Kaori gestures to herself and her two brothers. "We can take that one down."
"Then do so." Sesshoumaru growls.
"Okay!" The triplets exclaim.

The three murmur something in the ancient demon tongue and the spell fades away.
Rin watches carefully as Sesshoumaru's hair glows neon blue, then silver, before fading to hot pink.
The triplets crack up laughing as they run out of the room, tears of joy streaming down their face.
Throughout the castle, Sesshoumaru's angry yell can be heard.
"KAORI! KENJI! KOJIRO! KITTEN!"
From her spot in the ballroom, Kirara winces. "Maybe I overdid it with the pink dye…" She thinks for a minute, before twitching her cat ears. "Naw!"
Later that evening- 5:00

Sesshoumaru had been dyed for two hours before Kirara decided to take the spell off. Of course, this was after all of his and Rin's pups had seen the 'Great Lord Sesshoumaru' with hot pink hair.
During those two hours Keiko and Yusuke have gotten into 5 arguments, Kagome and Kurama have had to stop Hiei and Kirara from killing each other 3 times, Hisako has attempted to attack her brother twice, Kurama and Kagome have been nearly locked in a closet (thanks to a certain tri-color haired cat, dark brown haired slayer, and a blue-haired deity of death.), the triplets have attempted to play a trick on Kenshin (which involved a bucket of Jell-O, several cans of whipped cream, and tic tacs.), Rin has had to keep Sesshoumaru from maiming and/or killing Kirara, Shippou and the other kids have come inside to harass the grown-ups inside, and Shippou has found a bag of chocolate chips.
Currently, Sango and Keiko are chasing their boyfriends around the room, Kagome and Kurama are attempting to get Shippou off his sugar high, Kirara, Botan, Keiko, Shizuru, Kojiro, Kenji, and Kaori are conversing in a corner, Kuwabara is trying (and failing) to get Yukina's attention, Hiei is trying not to kill Kuwabara for flirting with his sister, Hisako and Hiroji are once again arguing, and Sesshoumaru and Rin are going around finishing up with last minute things, as well as greeting the arriving guests. (With the help of Kenshin, Akemi, Daisetsu, Yujiro, and Hana.)
By the time 5:15 rolled around everything was under control, the guys are already dressed and ready for the party (Yusuke picking at his haori grumbling something about it being annoying), and the girls are still getting ready. Well, all the girls except Kirara and Shizuru. Shizuru is already dressed and is wearing a simple navy blue and silver kimono and has her brown hair pinned up in a bun. Kirara however, is waiting so she can make a dramatic entrance.
Yusuke's wearing a green haori and hakama, Kuwabara's is blue, Kurama's is white, Hiei… Hiei's wearing his usual cloak because he refused to changed, Shippou's wearing his usual blue hakama, forest green haori with pale green leaf designs, and fox fur vest, and Miroku's wearing his usual monk robes but doesn't have his shakujou with him. (Kirara insisted he leave it at home as to not seem hostile to youkai at the palace. That and she didn't want to have to rescue him from fights.)
"Oi! Will you idiots hurry up!" Kirara yells frustrated.
"We're coming! We're coming! Jeez, baka impatient neko." Kagome's voice can be heard from inside the room.
Whispers are now heard from the room, then Sango's cry of, "I'm not going out first!" before the door slides open and Sango stumbles out in a midnight black kimono with a pink obi. A light pink sheer material is wrapped around the skirt part, causing it to look like there's pink glitter all over it. The other girls had somehow gotten Sango's dark hair curled and pinned up in an intricate design. It seems Kagome also used some fox magic to color strands of Sango's hair pink. And she has on her usual pink eye shadow.
Miroku's jaw nearly drops when he see's Sango, causing Yusuke and Shippou to snicker, while Kuwabara just drools, Kurama chuckles lightly, and Hiei is silent as always.
Sango blushes as she walks down the few steps to Miroku and pokes him in the arm when she doesn't get a reaction from him.
Miroku blinks and blushes as well before slipping his arm around Sango's. "Shall we go?"
Sango nods, glancing back at the others as her and Miroku make their way to the ballroom, her black shoes clicking against the floor.
"Why do I have to go next!" Keiko hisses before practically being shoved out of the room in the same fashion Sango was.
Keiko blushes crimson red when Yusuke whistles and looks her over.
Keiko's wearing a emerald green kimono with a sky blue obi. The other girls had somehow convinced her to let Kagome use some magic on her hair, since it now has green tips and looks longer somehow. Instead of curls like Sango's, Keiko's hair is wavy. She also has on light green eye shadow. The girls has also convinced her to wear green high heels… somehow.
And so, Keiko and Yusuke make their way to the ballroom as well.
"Go on Botan!" They hear Kagome say.
"I'm going, I'm going!" Botan says clearly, before stepping out.
"You look lovely Botan." Koenma says, appearing out of nowhere.
"Ahg! Where'd you come from Koenma?!" Kuwabara yells, staring at his boss currently in his teenage form."I'm here because Lord Sesshoumaru and Lady Rin invited me. Something about meeting Team Shikon." Koenma informs them
Shippou and Kirara quickly exchange glances, which does not go unnoticed by Kurama or Hiei.
"And also to check up on you guys." Koenma says, looking over at Botan.
Botan blushes slightly and shuffles her feet. She's wearing her usual pink kimono, only her hair's pinned up differently, half up in a bun while the rest is down. Like Sango and Keiko, Botan also has on eye shadow, hers being a light blue.
Kirara sighs. "So Koenma, how about you and Botan head on down to the ballroom. The rest of us will be there soon enough."
And so, Botan and Koenma head down the hall to the ballroom.
"So, who's next?" Kirara asks, slightly bored.
"Yukina!" Kagome calls cheerfully, causing Kirara, Kurama, and Shippou to sweat drop, before Yukina comes walking out.
Kuwabara immediately develops a nosebleed and falls over unconscious.
Kirara chuckles. "The others did a good job, huh Shizuru?"
Shizuru nods, before sighing in annoyance at her brother. "Maybe too good of a job."
Yukina smiles slightly. The girls had gone ahead and used Yukina's blue kimono, but added little charms here and there. On the blue obi, they strung together tear gems (with Yukina's permission) from a bag Yukina has, and tied it around her waist. Same with the others, Yukina is also wearing eye shadow, hers is silver-blue. At her request, the girls left her hair alone, letting Yukina pin it back in the same fashion she always has it in.
"Hiei, why don't you escort Yukina to the ballroom. Since Shizuru will probably be dragging Kuwabara, and Kagome, Kurama, and Shippou will be going down together." Kirara suggests.
"But what about you Kirara?" Yukina asks concerned. "You're not even ready yet. Who are you going to have escort you?"
"I can find my own way, since I pretty much know this castle backward and forward. I've spent a lot of time here believe it or not." Kirara says. "No need to be worried about me."
Yukina nods, before walking down the few steps and stopping by Hiei.
Hiei glares at the scheming fire-cat before him and Yukina walk down to the ballroom.
"That was pure evil, Kirara." Kagome says, stepping out of the room.
Now it's Kurama's turn to gasp. Kagome's kimono is silver, complete with a black obi. Her hair is done similar to Sango's, only not pinned up as high so she wouldn't hide or hurt her fox ears. And instead of pink streaks, Kagome's are silver. (She did make sure to keep the ends of her hair fiery orange.) Her ebony tails also have silver streaks in them, while the tip remains fiery orange.
"Wow momma! You look great!" Shippou cries, running up the steps to jump on her shoulder.
"Thanks Shippou." Kagome says, smiling. "Well Kurama, shall we head on down? Shizuru?"
"I'll come behind you Kagome, as soon as my brother wakes up." Shizuru says, waving a hand to her still unconscious brother.
"Let me guess, he saw Yukina." Kagome says dryly, as Shippou and Kirara nod and Shizuru sighs. "If you're not down there in five minutes, I'll tell Rin so she can have someone come over here and try to wake him up. No need for you to be sitting here all night."
"Come on kaa-san!" Shippou says, tugging on one of Kagome's ears. "Can we please go?"
Kagome nods, before the three kitsunes start down the hall together.
"Kurama, introduce yourself as Prince Youko Kurama. You'll probably get a reaction of complete disbelief, and then a certain silver fox will drop whatever food it is he's eating." Kirara says, a slight grin on her face. "And Kags, introduce yourself as Princess Kagome, heir to the Eastern Lands. It'll provide a cover for now as to why you're with Kurama. And Shippou's simply Prince Shippou of the Eastern Lands."
"What-? Hang on a minute, heir? Kira-"
"Go on, go on! You don't have all day. I'll be down in ten minutes or more. Give me twenty before you send someone after me." Kirara says quickly, before running into the same room the girls were just in, and closes the door.
Kagome and Kurama immediately exchange confused glances, while Shippou tries to get them to get going.
About 15 minutes Later

Shippou eventually gets Kurama and Kagome to get down to the ballroom. As Kirara had predicted, Kagome and Shippou's introduction gets a few disbelieving stares and Kurama gets a whole room of shocked people. Then Shippou, Kagome, and Kurama were shocked when a silver haired fox demon drops the plate of food he was holding and nearly faints, while a female silver fox stares at Kurama with searching blue eyes.
About five minutes after everyone got over their shock, Shizuru comes into the ballroom without Kuwabara.Kurama and Kagome are now talking to the two silver foxes, while Shippou's off dancing with Tsuki, who had dragged him off sometime in the 10 minutes everyone else had been shocked.
"Youko, is that really you?" The vixen asks. "Your aura seems weaker, and you look human."
"It's kind of a long story." Kurama says apologetically.
"I have all the time in the world." The vixen says. "Being Kirara's daughter, I was taught that there's always time to do something or listen."
"Wait, you're Sakura?!" Kagome exclaims.
Sakura smiles. "I am indeed. I guess Kirara told you about me?"
Kagome and Kurama both nod.
"And, you're… Keishi, right?" Kagome asks the silver haired male beside Sakura.
Keishi nods. "That's right! And I see grandma finally found my troublesome nephew!"
"Introducing! Lady Kirara, protectress, guardian, and Lady of the East!"
The four of them turn to the stairs, along with everyone else in the room, to see Kirara descending the staircase. She's wearing a dark red kimono with a golden obi. Tied onto the obi are three strings of charms. The first string is of 8-pointed star, crescent moon, diamond, and heart shaped charms. The next string holds fangs of different demons. In each fang is a jewel of some kind. The last string has small crystal balls with different colored fire encased in each one.
Her hair is pulled up into a delicate looking bun, that allows some of her hair to fall loosely to her shoulders. On both of her ears she has an 8-pointed star on the top of her ear, a fanged jewel in the middle, and a crystal ball with black fire on the bottom.
"I see she went all out once again." Sakura says, sighing slightly.
"Of course." Keishi murmurs. "She wouldn't be grandma Kirara if she didn't. Besides, it's not like she wore a completely weird outfit like she did for that one party."
"Heard that." Kirara says, coming up to the small group. "And why would I have worn something like that? I need to make a good impression since it's my first time back after 500-something years. And I promised Sesshy I'd be on my best behavior."
"And you're actually sticking to that?" Sakura asks. "If you stick to that promise, I'll drink ten cups of catnip tea."
"Okay then, be prepared to drink catnip tea then, 'Kura." Kirara says happily.
Sakura glares at Kirara momentarily before turning her gaze to Kagome and Kurama. "How about you two go ahead and dance or somethin'. Me and ma have some catching up to do."
"Sounds like fun." Kagome says, expectantly turning to Kurama. "What do you think Kurama?"
"If you want to."
Kirara chuckles lightly as the two walk off through the crowd to the dance floor. "He takes after his uncle Keishi."
"What's that supposed to mean!?" Keishi yells.
"He does, doesn't he. It's no surprise though, Keishi always was Youko's favorite family member, besides Kit of course." Sakura says, ignoring her son's little outburst. "So, why is it that he has a human form?"
Kirara takes a deep breath. "Let's go over here and I'll explain it." She points to a door leading out to a balcony.
"Okay, as long as we get a decent answer." Sakura says. "Keishi, go get your father, would you?"
"Eh? Oh, sure ma. He's probably over at the food tables somewhere." Keishi says, shrugging. "I'll drag him away from it if I have to."
"Just mention Youko's name." Sakura says. "That'll get his attention."
"Right!" Keishi says, before pushing his way to the food tables.
A short while later

A young woman leans against the banister of one of the many balconies, letting the wind ruffle her already wind-swept black hair while closing her eyes. She's dressed in a simple white silk outfit, decorated with light blue feather-like prints. She sighs heavily, and opens her eyes showing that her eyes are red, but a gently red unlike they had been in the past. She casually pulls a fan from her clothing and unfolds it, showing it to be white with red decorations. With another heavy sigh she closes the fan with a faint 'click' as the door leading out to her balcony opens.
The words to a new song greet her ears.
(Walk in a corner shop
See a shoplifting cop
See the old lady with a gun
See the hero try to run)
"Well now, what's a pretty lass like yourself doing all alone out here?"
The wind demoness looks turns her head slightly to see a boy with messy red hair, a horn in the middle of his head, and pointed ears, more-so than her own.
(Nothing's what it seems, I mean
It's not all dirty, but it's not all clean)
"I am merely here to visit old allies." She says. "I did not come here to have fun."
The male wind demons smile fades slightly. "Well then… I'm Jin, what's your name lass?"
The young woman blinks for a moment, taken aback by his sudden change. "Er… I- I'm Kagura."
"Kagura eh? I've heard of ya! You're-"
"Messenger between Lords of the Makai. I know." Kagura snaps.
"That's not what I was gonna say, lass. What I was gonna says is, that you're the wind sorceress that delivered the final blow to Naraku over 500 years ago!"
(There's children paying bills
There's monks buying thrills
There's pride for sale in magazines
There's pills for rent to make you clean
Marvin Gaye, there's no brother, brother
Woody Guthrie's land can't feed Mother)
Kagura laughs sharply. "Been listening to conversations, ne? We all delivered the final blow. I got in the way using my wind." Tears form at the corner of Kagura's eyes.
'No! I will not think of that! How Kanna- NO! It's not my fault! It's that bastard Naraku's!'
"La- Kagura, are you alright." Jin asks concerned.
"I'm fine." Kagura replies roughly.
(Mothers weep, children sleep

So much violence ends in silence
It's a shame there's no one to blame)


"I'm not so sure about that. The way your powers pulse causes the winds to break up around you. Perhaps… have you ever felt freedom." Jin asks.
Kagura's red eyes harden. "Never. I've been enslaved all my life. Now leave me alone so I have at least some time to myself… to be myself. Besides, what would you know about being enslaved."
"Don't be so sure about that lass. Few years back I joined the Shinobi team, never got out of it until most the members died in the Dark Tournament." Jin says with a sigh.
(For all the pain that life brings
If you will just take me It might just complete me
And together we can make a stand)

Kagura chooses to say nothing, merely looking out over the grounds and watching the sun as it sets.


Jin sighs and looks over at the sunset as well, allowing the silence and feel of the wind surround them.


-T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D --T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E-

Shiro: Hmm... can't say I'm exactly happy with the ending, but it works.

REVIEW REPLIES:

HeartStar- Well, I'm pretty sure that this chapter answered your question about Youko's grandmother and about Kirara meeting her daughter at 'Fluffy's'. Thanks for reviewing!

stamber- I already have the entire story typed out. I lost everything on my computer a while back, which included the individual chapters of my story. I'm now editing each chapter so that I can put it on here. Thanks for reviewing!