InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 16: Introductions ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha. I do own any and all OC's used in this story unless stated otherwise. I also own the plot. I also don't own the song 'Here for the Party'. It belongs Gretchen Wilson. I don't own 'Never Had a Dream Come True', which is by S Club 7.
Chapter 16: Introductions
(Shiro: Quick note, this part takes place after Kirara talks to Sakura, Keishi, and Yoshi about Youko. I made a mistake when typing this up. Silly me!)
Kirara sighs and strums her fingers against the table with a soft click.. 'I wonder how long it'll take before Sesshy finds me.' -Click-click-click- 'Bored… so bored…' -Click-click-click- 'Mou, sleepy…'
"Kirara?"
The young looking fire-cat looks up to see one of Sesshoumaru and Rin's older sons, Yujiro.
"Oh, hey Yujiro." Kirara says. "Need anything?"
"No, not really." Yujiro replies, a slight blush staining his face. "I was just wondering if… would you like to dance?"
Kirara smiles. "Of course. I've been waiting for someone to ask." She listens to the music for a moment. "Perfect, one of your mom's cds are playing."
Well I'm an eight ball shooting double fisted drinking son of a gun
Yujiro can't help but laugh when he hears the start of the song. "Yeah, that's one of ma's songs. Kinda describes you more than her though."
Kirara laughs as well, as Yujiro leads her out onto the dance floor.
I wear My jeans a little tight
Just to watch the little boys come undone
Im here for the beer and the ball busting band
Gonna get a little crazy just because I can
"The only reason I know this song fits you is 'cause dad's always telling us stories about what you and him did as kids." Yujiro explains, as they start dancing. "My favorite bedtime story as a pup was the one when you dyed his hair pink."
Kirara laughs. "Yeah, that was pretty funny."
You know im here for the party
And i aint leavin til they throw me out
Gonna have a little fun gonna get me some
You know im here, im here for the party
"So, what's with you and the fire apparition. I notice you two fight a lot." Yujiro comments.
Kirara frowns. "He's an ass. The only reason I put up with him is because he's Kurama's friend."
You know im here for the party
And I ain't leavin' til they throw me out
Gonna have a little fun gonna get me some
You know im here, im here for the party
"He doesn't seem that bad to me." Yujiro says. "But then, you've been around him longer. I only spent a few minutes around him." He peers across the room for a moment. "Isn't that him over there dancing?"
"Hiei, dancing? Must be someone else." Kirara says, turning around.
"No, he's dancing with the koorime."
I may not be a ten but the boys say i clean up good
And if i gave em half a chance for some rowsy romance you know they would
Ive been waiting all week just to have a good time
So bring on them cowboys and their pick up lines
"Yukina?" Kirara searching the crowd for the familiar spiky haired demon, and aqua-haired ice maiden. Her gaze softens when she lands on the pair and she chuckles lightly. "Looks like Yukina's teaching him how to dance. Which is what we should be doing."
"What, teaching him how to dance?" Yujiro asks confused.
"No, koinu. Dancing!" Kirara says, flashing him a cocky grin.
You know im here for the party
And i aint leavin til they throw me out
Gonna have a little fun gonna get me some
You know im here, im here for the party

Yujiro laughs once again. "Haven't been called that for a long time!"
"Who used to call you that?" Kirara asks, as they once again start dancing.
Yujiro smiles. "My oldest sister, Akemi. Calls me koinu all the time. Then Taisho picked up on it. He was the last one to stop calling me koinu."
"Yeah, you're nowhere near being a pup now, ne?" Kirara says, a smile replacing her smirk.
Dont want no purple hooter shooter just some jack on the rocks
Dont mind me if i start that trashy talk
You know im here for the party
And i aint leavin til they throw me out
Gonna have a little fun gonna get me some
You know im here, im here for the party
"Nope, not really." Yujiro replies. "Hmm, wonder what song will play next…"
(SMV: This part takes place when 'Here for the Party' is still playing. It also takes place just before Kirara and Yujiro spot Hiei and Yukina dancing.)
"Hiei…?"
Hiei looks over at Yukina questioningly. "What is it?"
"Hiei, I was wondering if you'd like to dance." Yukina says.
"Hn. I don't dance."
"Let me teach you." Yukina pleads. "Please, Hiei?"
"Hn." He pushes himself off the wall, giving Yukina the A-okay to teach him. "Fine."
"Thanks Hiei." Yukina says softly. "Now, come away from the wall…"
After a few minutes Hiei sort of begins to get the hang of it. Of course, it was just as the song was ending.
"Thank you Hiei." Yukina says.
"Yukina, Hiei, is that you?"
The brother and sister pair turn to see Touya, wearing his usual Shinobi outfit.
"Hello Touya." Yukina greets. "I didn't expect to see you here."
Touya shrugs. "Yeah, Jin and Chuu should be around here somewhere too. Also why Lady Rin or Lord Sesshoumaru invited Chuu I have no idea…"
Yukina giggles and Hiei just 'Hn's.'
Everybody's got something they had to leave behind,
One regret from yesterday that just seems to grow with time.
There's no use lookin' back or wonderin',
How it could be now or might have been.
Oh, this I know, but still I can't find ways to let you go...
Touya glances around at the couples dancing for a moment. "Say Yukina, would you like to dance?"
"Umm, sure. If you don't mind Hiei." Yukina says, looking at her brother.
"Hn. Don't care."
"Very well." Touya says.
Yukina smiles. "I'll see you later Hiei."
I never had a dream come true
Til the day I found you.
Even though I pretend that I moved on,
You'll always be my baby.
Kurama yawns causing Kagome to giggle.
"What?" Kurama asks.
Kagome smiles. "You're cute when you do that."
I never found the words to say,
You're the one I think about each day.
And I know no matter where life takes me to,
A part of me will always be with you.
"Usually that means someone's tired, Kagome. Not 'cute'." Kurama says, getting another giggle from Kagome.
"I know." She lays her head on Kurama's shoulder. "It's been a long day. I'm surprised Shippou's still active."
"Shippou has been eating sugar with the other kids, according to Akemi and Daisetsu anyway." Kurama says, a faked pained expression on his face. "I'd hate to think the amount of trouble he could get into."
"I'd be more worried about the triplets making trouble." Kagome says with a sigh. "Just think of how much mayhem they've gotten into today."
Somewhere in my memory, I lost all sense of time.
And tomorrow can never be
Cause yesterday is all that fills my mind.
"Yes, one would think they are fox demons." Kurama says thoughtfully.
"Mmm hmm. The same with Kirara. Although, she's a cat, so I guess you could sorta put foxes and cats on the same level of mischievousness." Kagome says. "Hey, isn't that Kirara dancing over there?"
There's no use lookin' back or wonderin',
How it could be now or might have been.
Oh, this I know, but still I can't find ways to let you go...
Kurama looks over in the direction Kagome points, and sees Kirara dancing with Yujiro. "Yes, I believe she's dancing with one of Sesshoumaru and Rin's older pups."
"They make a cute couple. And I remember him, he's one of their more shy pups, Yujiro I believe." Kagome says.
I never had a dream come true
Til the day I found you.
Even though I pretend that I moved on,
You'll always be my baby.
"Miroku, take your hand off my butt now!" Sango growls. "If you don't, I will permanently remove it!"
"Yes Sango…" Miroku says with a sigh, sliding his hand back up to Sango's waist. "Is this better?"
I never found the words to say,
You're the one I think about each day.
And I know no matter where life takes me to,
A part of me will always be with you.
"Much better. Thank you, Miroku." Sango says, a smile forming on her face.
"No problem at all, Sango." Miroku replies.
"So… this has been interesting. Being in Kagome's time, finding out Sesshoumaru's nicer than when he was in the past, and finding out Rin is Sesshoumaru's mate." Sango says, as they dance to the music.
You'll always be the dream that fills my head,
Yes you will, say you will, you know you will, oh baby!
You'll always be the one I know I'll never forget!
"Yes, and just finding out Kirara has a human form has made it interesting. Just think, if it weren't for her we wouldn't be right here right now, Kagome and Kurama never would have met, and we wouldn't have had this much fun." Miroku says.
There's no use lookin' back or wonderin',
Because love is a strange and funny thing.
No matter how I try and try, I just can't say goodbye!
No, no, no, no!
"It's hard to imagine we never would have met if it weren't for Kagome and Inuyasha, ne?" Sango asks.
"Yes… but it would just be Kagome. Remember, it was her who unsealed Inuyasha and she was the one to befriend us first." Miroku says.
I never had a dream come true
Til the day I found you.
"That's right." Sango murmurs. "I guess I forgot about that."
"Ah, how easily we humans forget."
Miroku's comment gets a few chuckles from the demons around them.
Even though I pretend that I moved on,
You'll always be my baby.
Sango's silent for a few minutes as she listens to the music. "Hey Miroku…?"
"Hmm? Yes Sango?"
Sango sighs. "Never mind, it's nothing."
"Are you sure it's nothing, Sango. You can tell me anything, I promise not to laugh." Miroku says.
Sango sighs again and rests her head on Miroku's shoulder. "Did you really mean what you said?"
I never found the words to say,
You're the one I think about each day.
And I know no matter where life takes me to,
A part of me will always be...
A part of me will always be with you…
"I say and mean many things, Sango. Which one are you speaking of?" Miroku asks gently.
"About us getting married and starting a family…" Sango replies quietly.
"Sango…" Miroku murmurs, slightly shocked. "Of course I meant what I said. I love you."
----
(Takes place an hour earlier)
"Hey dad." Keishi easily approaches his father, Yoshi. "You'll never guess who we ran into."
Yoshi blinks and sets down his plate of food. "Who?"
"Oh… just Youko."
Yoshi stares at Keishi with wide eyes. "What?"
"Youko. Mom and Grandma are waiting for us out on a balcony. Grandma Kirara's going to explain why Youko has a human form now." Keishi says in an off-hand tone of voice. "They sent me to get you."
"Lead the way."
Keishi smiles. 'Mom was right about saying Youko's name to get dad's attention.'
(Kirara and Sakura)
Sakura leans up against the railing and looks out over the land. "It's been so long mom… So long since I last saw you and since you disappeared…" The wind blows strongly, messing with Sakura's long silver hair and Kirara's tri-colored hair.
"I know kit…" Kirara says sadly. "For you it's been over 500 years. For me it's been almost 18 years. But then…" She laughs sadly. "That's what happens when you decide to do a little time traveling."
"You know… Kit passed away a few months after you left the past. Hunters killed her and her mate, leaving a five year old Youko to fend for himself." Sakura says bitterly. "Kit was coming to visit me, Yoshi, and Keishi… And the next time we heard of Youko he… he was a thief. Keishi went out to look for him one year, maybe about 16 years ago, but was too late. Youko was gone too…"
Keishi slides open the door and walks onto the balcony with Yoshi. "Mom, you alright?" He asks worriedly.
"I- I'm fine Keishi. Just fine." Sakura says, wiping her eyes with the white sleeves of her kimono. "Now, mom's going to explain why Youko has a human form. Right mommy?"
Kirara nods and easily lifts herself up onto the balcony where she now sits. "Get comfortable, it's a long story…"
About an hour later after Kirara had talked to Sakura, Yoshi, and Keishi, and danced with Yujiro for a few songs, she's once again bored. Mainly because she's now dancing with a stubborn royal neko youkai of high status.
'I hate him, I hate him, I hate him…' Kirara grumbles in her mind, as Ryou rambles on about his kingdom. She twitches slightly as a slow song comes on. 'Must. Resist. Screaming. At. The. Damn. DJ.'
Ryou smiles secretly. "You're not having fun, are you Lady Kirara?"
"No shit." Escapes from her mouth as they stop dancing.
"I suppose it's the way I talk, huh?" Ryou asks. "I had forgotten that you're not like the other women in my kingdom. I must ask for your forgiveness."
"Forgiven." Kirara responds. "Just… tell me about yourself or something. Not about your kingdom. 'Cause quite frankly, I don't give a damn." As soon as Kirara finishes her sentence, the music stops mid-song and Sesshoumaru and Rin step up to the center stage where the DJ had all his stuff set up.
"May we please have everyone's attention." The sound of Rin's strong voice and the music not playing gets everyone to be silent and come in from the balcony's. "Now, many of you are here tonight to meet the members of team Shikon and the one's who helped defeat Naraku. First we'll introduce the slayers of Naraku." Rin looks expectantly over to her mate.
"Yes. First is Kagome, at the time of Naraku's defeat she was a priestess with high energy. Due to special circumstances, she is now a black and illusion fox demon with priestess powers." Sesshoumaru says, waiting for Kagome to step up to them. "Next, one of the strongest humans I have met, Sango. One of the last of the demon slayers. Unfortunately, her younger brother could not join us today."
Sango easily steps up beside Kagome, her brown eyes daring anyone to protest.
"Next we have Miroku, an honorable monk. He was once cursed with a wind tunnel in his right palm. And then there's Shippou, a red illusion fox demon adopted by Kagome. And also, our very own Kirara, who had been in her cat form during the battle." He waits for the two boys and fire-cat to walk up before continuing. "As you know, I was one of the ones who defeated Naraku, but there is no need to introduce myself." This comment gets some laughter from everyone, and a slight shove from his mate. "Next is Kouga and Ayame from the North Western wolf clan."
A grinning Kouga and a somewhat annoyed Ayame walk up to take their place with the others.
"There is one other person in here that I need to introduce, Kagura Taikyo. Without her, we wouldn't have been able to get rid of the vile half breed." A wide-eyed Kagura steps up beside the others, while Sesshoumaru's two sentences gets shocked whispers from everyone.
"And there is someone else who should be up here with us, however he has long since passed away. My half brother Inuyasha, Naraku's main enemy." Sesshoumaru says, nodding to Rin, signaling it's her turn next. Rin does so, once the applause dies down.
"And now, to introduce Team Shikon." Rin announces. "Miroku, defense specialist."
Miroku's jaw drops in surprise as he moves over on Rin's side.
"Next we have Sango, in the offensive position along with Kirara. The best team I've seen in years!" Rin says happily, waiting for Sango and Kirara to take their place beside Miroku. She laughs when Kirara decides to switch forms to stand by Sango's side in her fire-cat form. "And them Shippou, the youngest of the group, skilled in some offense but mainly distraction tactics specialist."
Shippou grins and runs over and jumps onto Miroku's shoulder.
"And the leader of the team… Kagome! Who works well in both offense and defense depending on what weapon or power she uses!" Rin finishes, as Kagome joins her friends.
The introduction brings shock to the Reikai Tentai, even though they knew they had searched for the Shikon Jewel, they had never dreamed Kagome and the others would be the team named after the jewel. For Koenma, this brings complications and choices to be made for his team.
They all watch as Kagome walks over to Rin and whispers something in her ear. Rin's eyes widen as she looks at Kagome in shock.
"Umm… Team Shikon would also like to introduce their alternate fighter, who they believe would be a good asset to the team." Rin says.
Kagome smiles. "Kagura," (The wind sorceress looks at Kagome in surprise) "-Welcome to the team."
Silence fills the room, making it eerily quiet.
"Man, you could hear a pin drop in here!" Keishi says, getting laughter from some of the demons.
Kaori grins, and jokingly pulls a pin from her hair and drops it on the ground. This act gets even more laughter in the room.
One of the large oak doors slams open suddenly, and a chill runs through the room startling everyone.
"Well, well, well. A social gathering and the introduction of the Team Shikon." A dark feminine voice says, as an equally dark figure drifts into the room. It's a young woman about the age of 17 with dark purple hair, so dark it's almost black. She's wearing a blood red cloak, that seems to float around her. And her eyes are dark purple, outlined in red eye shadow.
"I'm surprised that you didn't invite me." She says in her chilling voice. "That's a mistake you'll regret making."
"No," Sesshoumaru growls, stepping in front of his mate. "You will regret coming here."
Rin steps closing to Sesshoumaru, her brown eyes wide and fearful. The Tentai's slip into relaxed defensive positions, as does Sango, Miroku, Kagome, and Kagura. Shippou jumps from Miroku's shoulder to Kagome's, trembling slightly.
"Momma, I'm scared…" Shippou whimpers.
"Shh… It's alright honey. Everything will be okay." Kagome whispers. 'I hope. Please, let everything be okay.'
"Sesshoumaru," The woman says, her eyes turning darker. "You know what I want. And I warned you before, do not cross me." She reaches behind herself and pulls out a sobbing Kita.
"KITA!" Rin shouts.
Sesshoumaru growls. "Release my daughter, Sari."
Sari tilts her head sideways slightly, causing some of her dark hair to fall over her shoulders. "I don't think I will Sesshoumaru." One of her hands fins its way to Kita's neck, getting a growl from everyone, mainly the Taiyoukai family. "This is my warning," She slides a dagger out from her kimono. Her violet eyes turn darker. "Oushi no tanken."
"No!" Kirara shouts leaping forward, but it's too late. Everything seems to happen in slow motion as Sari deeply cuts Kita's throat and then disappears in a black puff of smoke. Nobody notices the light blue energy in her hand. Kirara's able to catch Kita's body before it hit's the ground.
"Kita…!" Rin cries, tears spilling from her eyes. She quickly runs over to Kirara and pulls her daughter out of the fire-cat's eyes. "No, Kita! Kita, wake up!"
"Rin…" Kirara says softly, gazing over at her human friend. And then around the large room, not at all surprised to see many of the demons either crying or with tears in their eyes. Then her gaze comes to a stop at Hiei, and isn't at all surprised to see him looking bored. Kirara's attention goes over to Yukina and Touya when she hears the soft 'plink' of tear gems falling to the floor.
Seconds later, Kenshin comes crashing through the doors with a familiar looking sword in perfect condition. "Dad! I found it!" He quickly runs over to Sesshoumaru and hands him the sword.
"Good." Sesshoumaru replies, taking the sword by it's hilt. He then walks over to where Rin is crying. "Rin, stand aside."Rin doesn't move, so Kirara wipes away her own tears before pulling Rin away from Kita's body. Now Sesshoumaru holds the sword over his youngest daughter's body. "Tenseiga." The sword pulses before glowing light blue. Quickly, Sesshoumaru runs the sword through Kita's body, and then waits.
Nothing. A eerie silence fills the room, broken by the sobs of those who know Kita.