InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 17: The Mission ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Still don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha. Darn. (snaps fingers)
Chapter 17: The Mission
Kirara sighs as she steps into the room where the Tentai and the Shikon teams are waiting. This includes Yukina, Botan, Koenma, Keiko, and Shizuru.
“How’s Rin?” Kagura asks, concerned. “And Sesshoumaru? What-”
“One question at a time, Kagura.” Kirara grumbles, rubbing her forehead. “Stupid damn scrolls gave me a headache.” She plops down heavily beside Kagome and Miroku. “Rin’s beyond upset, Sesshoumaru and I were just getting her to fall asleep before I decided to leave. Sesshoumaru’s beyond pissed off. Turns out the reason he couldn’t revive her because Sari took Kita’s soul with her.”
“So, we have to destroy Sari in order to save Kita?” Kagome asks, curling her tails protectively around Shippou.
“Yes,” Kirara responds, closing her eyes. “The only bad thing is that Sari… she’s related to Naraku in some way.”
“WHAT?”
“Exactly what I yelled when I found out.” Kirara says, opening her eyes. “Sesshoumaru does have one request for us, though. He wants us to put up a cheerful mood so that Rin won’t spend most of the time crying.”
Koenma sighs. “Another crisis… Lady Kirara, you don’t mind if I have the Tentai work on this as a case, do you?”
“I’d be more insulted if you didn’t have them help us. If she’s related to Naraku in any way, we’ll need as many people as possible to help us.” Kirara replies, pulling a deck of cards from her kimono. “So, it’s up to us to get the Taisho family to stay in a relatively good mood. I think Sesshoumaru put the triplets up to the job as well, and I will be staying here indefinitely to help out Rin. I will join you in the final battle, but until then I’m needed here.” She slaps the cards on the table with a slight grin. “So, who’s up for a few rounds of ‘bullshit’?”
“I’m in!” Yusuke yells.
“Why not, it’s something to do. Kami knows I’m not going to get to sleep anytime soon.” Kagome says, shrugging.
The triplets one by one poke their heads in the door. “Did somebody say ‘bullshit’?”
Everyone in the room sweat drops as Kaori, Kenji, and Kojiro walk into the room and plop down at the table.
“Alright then!” Kirara says with a grin. “I only have two rules. Number one, no cheating! Number two, you have to say bullshit. Not BS, or bull crap. So, who wants to play- besides the triplets.”
Everyone except Keiko, Kagura, Koenma, Botan, and Hiei agree to play. Keiko just wants to sit and watch, while Hiei doesn't say anything at all. And Kagura, feeling the stress from the rest of the day has decided to turn in for the night. Koenma has work to do and has to return to his office and Botan has to return with him for her own duties.
“What’s the matter, Hiei? Scared you’ll loose?” Kirara says in a taunting voice. “And people say cats are the scared ones, this time it applies to one of the most ruthless demons in Makai. Pity…”
“Watch it, cat.”
“Well, what’s it gonna be, chicken? You gonna play or not?” Kirara asks, her blue eyes shining mischievously.
“Hn. Fine, I’ll play this ridiculous game of yours, cat.”
5 minutes later
“Three kings!” Kirara exclaims, slapping three of her cards down on the table.
Yukina quietly murmurs something, getting everyone’s attention.
Kirara wickedly grins. “What was that, Yukina? I didn’t hear you.”
“Bull…”
Almost everyone leans forward to hear without even realizing it.
“Bullshit… Kirara.”
Kirara snaps her fingers in mock agitation as she picks up the whole pile of discarded cards. “Darn, and here I had hoped… Oh well.” She notices Yukina’s blush. “Oh, don’t be so shy, Yukina! You’re surrounded by friends and family here, ya know!”
Hiei growls softly, glaring at the fire-cat. Kirara, of course, notices this.
“Aw, what’s the matter, Hiei? You’re part of the family too!”
At this almost everyone else either snickers or laughs.
“Don’t count me in as your family, cat. I have no wish to be related to such an abnormal demon as you.” Hiei says.
“Is that so? ‘Cause somehow I don’t believe you.”
The air grows tense as everyone mentally prepares for the inevitably argument between Kirara and Hiei.
“Oh yeah! I just remembered the reason we came here to begin with!” Kojiro exclaims. “The old man sent us to show you guys where your rooms are! But he said Kirara chooses who sleeps where, since you’re- in a sense- her guests.”
An evil grin spreads across Kirara’s face. “Alright then, lead the way.”
Hallway of Rooms
Kirara rubs her hands together, still grinning evilly. “Alright, I know exactly how to do this! Sango, Miroku, you two get room number one!”
Sango groans and half-glares at Kirara, while Miroku smiles innocently and mentally praises Kirara for her wonderful idea.
“Lucky roommates number two are…” Kirara scans the group quickly. “Keiko and Yusuke!”
Yusuke smirks and turns to Keiko. “Guess we’re rooming together!”
Kirara almost laughs at the look on Keiko’s face. “Now, room number three…” He gaze lands on the three fox demons. “Kurama, Kagome, and Shippou! You three are lucky number three!”
Kurama casually leans over to Kagome and whispers in one of her fox ears. “Did that make any sense?”
“Not really… But you should be used to this, after all you hang out with my cousin and Kuwabara.” Kagome whispers back.
Kirara moves on to the next room quickly. “Alright… I’d say Kuwabara, Hiei, and Yukina. Shizuru can be with me.”
“I have a better idea.” Shizuru says. “Kazuma and Hiei will most likely kill each other within a matter of hours- well, more like minutes. I’ll be with my little bro, and you can be with Hiei and Yukina.”
Kirara twitches. “And me and Hiei won’t kill each other in a matter of seconds because of being trapped in the same damn room?”
“Look at it this way,” Shizuru says brushing away a strand of her light brown hair. “You and Hiei can hold your own against each other. My little bro isn’t as strong.”
“I’d rather sleep in the same room as the idiot, even if he does snore.” Kirara growls. “At least I don’t have to be worried about being attacked in my sleep!”
“Kirara.” Sesshoumaru says, walking up to the group. “Go with Shizuru’s arrangement. It’s only for one night, and besides I can hear you all the way from my study.”
“And there also the tiny little fact that we already put the stuff in rooms that we figured you would choose…” Kaori remarks, trailing off.
“You. Put. Me. With. The fucking. Runt.” Kirara manages to growl out.
“Eh heh… Yeah, we kinda did.” Kaori says.
“But we put you two with Yukina, ‘cause you two don’t like fighting each other when she’s around.” Kenji finishes.
“Twerps.” Kirara starts, trying to word it right. “When I get a hold of you, let’s just say your dad’s training will seem like heaven on earth when I’m done with you!”
The triplets gulp before quickly moving behind Sesshoumaru, as if for protection.
“Kirara,” Sesshoumaru says. “Now is not the time for arguments. We will talk about this in the morning, and as I said before it’s only for one night.”
“I hate you, Sesshoumaru.” Kirara grumbles, pouting as she crosses her arms over her chest.
“Yes, love you too little kitten sister.”
A little while later- Room of the foxes
“Yeah! Bouncy, bouncy bed!” Shippou yells happily, jumping on his bed in his green leaf-print pajama’s. “WEEE!” He jumps up for a final time and then lands with a plop in his pile of blankets and pillows.
“At least someone’s happy.” Kagome grumbles, sitting on the second bed beside Kurama. “But who’s sleeping with him when he’s this hyper?”
“I’d rather not.” Kurama replies.
“Well, don’t think I’m gonna do it! Just because he’s my son doesn’t mean I’m sleeping in the same bed as the hyperactive pup.” Kagome says, glancing quickly up at Kurama.
“Are you suggesting…? You do know that Kirara will most likely burst into this room in the morning, armed with a camera, and then tease us mercilessly for the remainder of the day.” Kurama says, somewhat surprised.
Kagome shrugs, flicking one of her black and red-orange ears. “Why not? She’ll think of something else if not this.”
Kurama sighs. “If you say so, Kagome.” He looks over at Shippou who is now dead asleep with his bushy orange tail wrapped around him. “So innocent and quiet when he’s asleep.”
Kagome nods in agreement as she slips under the navy blue sheets. “Hai. I worry about him though. After all he’s been through… and now he only has one parent again.” She sighs. “I guess it’s better than nothing. I couldn’t even begin to imagine the pain my little pup has gone through…”
“You’re a great mother to him, Kagome. Don’t ever think otherwise.” Kurama says, stroking one of her ears.
Kagome sighs and snuggles up against Kurama. “Thanks Kurama…” She yawns, her sharp fangs glinting slight, before she smiles and falls asleep. At the same time- The Slayer and Lecherous Monk’s room
Sango glares at the single bed, with it’s innocent looking purple sheets and fluffy pillows. Add Miroku decked out in his purple pajama’s laying on the bed, one hand behind his head while reading, and it’s a perfect picture.
Miroku looks up at Sango, his attention away from his book on myths and legends of Japan. “Sango dear, why so angry.”
“I am not sleeping in the same bed as you, Miroku.” Sango growls, “Even if there was a brick wall between us.”
“Why such distrust. I am but a honorable monk, Sango. Do you not trust me enough?” Miroku asks, marking the place in his book to set it on the nightstand beside him.
“Damn straight.” Sango replies.
Miroku sighs and decides to try a different approach. “You look lovely in your pink pajama’s, Sango.”
Sango narrows her eyes and Miroku immediately gulps. ‘Okay, wrong thing to say.’ “So, Sango-”
“Save it, Miroku.” Sango says immediately.
“I was merely going to ask if you’d like to come with me to the hot springs.” Miroku says oh-so ‘innocently’.
Sango rolls her eyes, pulls Miroku’s rosary off the door, and throws it at him.
“Ahh! Attack of the evil rosary!” Miroku yells jokingly. “I shall have to exorcize it!” He grabs a sutra off his nightstand. “Houriki!” (Power of Buddha)
Sango laughs as he throws the sutra at the rosary, causing the beads to fly around the room with a loud ‘crack!’. Miroku soon joins in on laughing with Sango.
The Cat, Pyro, and Koorime’s room
Kirara sits on one bed, decked in red pajama’s, glaring at Hiei. Hiei sits on another bed, wearing his usual black clothing, glaring at Kirara. Yukina sits on her bed, wearing light blue pajama’s, looking back and forth between Hiei and Kirara. After a while, Yukina drifts off to sleep.
For Kirara and Hiei, it’ll be a long night.
Keiko and Yusuke’s room
Keiko was extremely grateful for the small futon in the room and so, since Yusuke claimed the larger bed, she claimed that one immediately.
“Oh, come on Keiko, I don’t bite.” Yusuke says, sitting on the bigger and much more comfortable bed.
“Yusuke,” Keiko says. “It’s not that I don’t trust you, it’s just… well, I don’t trust you. And I’m really tired right now, so can we not argue about this?”
Yusuke sighs. “Alright Keiko.”
“Goodnight, Yusuke.” Keiko says.
“Yeah,” Yusuke murmurs. “G’night.”