InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 26: The Beginning or The End? ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho and/or Inuyasha. I do own any OC's, Kirara's personality in her human form (man, that's a weird thing to type...), and the plot.

T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R- U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--

Chapter 26: The Beginning or The End?

Since the tournaments end, things have died down a lot. Rin has made Sesshoumaru round up the family- the entire family- and is still endlessly fussing over Kita since her return. Needless to say, the Taisho House is quite crowded.

Seeing as how sixth months have already passed, Kagome’s hair holds highlights of silver and her eyes have changed to pure amber. During these many months, her and Kurama have been dating, a few of the more remarkable dates being double with Sango and Miroku.

Unfortunately for everyone living in the Higurashi Shrine (which is now undergoing construction due to some new residents- and not just Sango, Miroku, Kohaku, and Shippou) Shippou, Souta, and Kohaku have found new and extremely annoying ways of, well, annoying everyone within seeing distance around them. Kirara doesn’t help a bit, when she arrives to help out with odd things and training.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kagome suspiciously eyes the three boys huddled on the couch, looking at a piece of paper. Dressed in a simple navy blue skirt and off-the-shoulder long-sleeved shirt, Kagome is completely ready for her family “date” with Kurama.

Sango jumps down the last three stairs in an almost identical outfit to Kagome’s. The only differences between the two being that her skirt is black and her off-the-shoulder long-sleeved shirt is magenta.

“What do you think they’re up to?” Sango asks her best friend.

Kagome shrugs. “With those three you can never tell anymore.” She sighs. “Boys, it’s time to go!”

“I don’t wanna!” Shippou whines, but stops immediately when Kagome focuses a golden glare on him and growls sharply. “On second thought, let me get my coat!” He says quickly, scampering off the couch and up the stairs to Souta’s, his, and Kohaku’s room.

“Hey Shippou, can you grab ours too?!” Souta yells after him, stuffing the piece of paper into his pants.

Sango and Kagome hold back their laughter and move away from the living room and into the kitchen, where Mrs. Higurashi (from now on called Kimiko), Atsuko, Yusuke, and Miroku are all gathered, talking about something or other. (All of them being in their demon form, except Miroku of course.) Their conversation stops as soon as the two girls walk in.

“Good evening my lovely-”

“Shut up, Miroku.” Kagome and Sango say in unison.

Yusuke smirks and whispers, “Whipped.” to Miroku. Atsuko and Kimiko both merely laugh.

“Miroku, stop flirting with Sango and Kagome.” Souta says, pulling on his coat. “You know Kurama will kill you when he finds out.”

“Ah, but Kurama shall only kill me if I flirt with Lady Kagome. This means I can flirt with my dear Sango.” Miroku responds, inching closer to Sango.

“Come any closer to me and you will know the meaning of true pain.” Sango says sweetly, making everyone except Miroku laugh.

The poor monk sighs. “I feel so unloved…”

Miroku maintains his ‘I’m a poor unloved monk’ look until they get into the restaurant, which is when Sango kisses him on the cheek. He instantly brightens up and acts like his normal self from that point on; except he flirts only with Sango and not the poor waitresses.

The now rather large group (as the Higurashi family had been joined by Kurama’s family) all talk amongst one another, the majority of them wondering exactly why they’re at such a fancy restaurant.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kagura sighs as she walks up the steps to Genkai’s compound, wondering for the umpteenth time why Sesshoumaru has sent her here. She’s wearing a simple white t-shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans. Feather earrings adorn her ears and her hair is down today. Around her neck on a necklace are her feathers.

She finally reaches the top and looks around, almost frowning when she spots a strangely familiar looking red-head…

“Hello lass, can I help you?”

Kagura looks up at him, startled. Jin looks back in surprise.

“Hey, I remember you. You’re that wind lass I talked to at Lord Sesshoumaru’s party!” Jin exclaims.

Kagura nods numbly. ‘I’m going to hurt Kirara very badly.’ She thinks, figuring out why she’s been sent here. ‘That scheming cat…’

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kirara hums a little tune as she wanders the halls looking for something to occupy herself with. She’s dressed in a simple pale blue cotton dress and has her hair braided.

“Good afternoon, Miss Kirara.”

Kirara stops in her tracks and turns around, blinking her blue eyes. “Oh, Yujiro. Hi! I didn’t see you there!”

Yujiro smiles charmingly, his amber eyes light and cheerful. “Yes, well, mother has always said that I’m the sneakiest of the lot.”

Kirara giggles. “I can see that.” She fights back a blush as she looks him over. Even dressed in a simple white t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans, he still radiates cuteness. ‘Cuteness?’ Kirara mentally giggles. ‘What is it with me liking cute little puppies?’

“Care to join me for lunch, Miss Kirara?” Yujiro asks, extending his arm to the fire-cat.

Kirara smiles. “I’m love to, Yujiro.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

A few rooms down Rin and Sesshoumaru peer out their bedroom door, watching their son and the fire-cat interact.

Rin giggles when their son blushes when Kirara kisses him on the cheek.

“I always knew she had a thing for puppies.” Sesshoumaru comments.

Rin looks up at her mate. “What do you mean?”

Sesshoumaru chuckles. “When we were kids she had a crush on me.”

Rin laughs at this. “You? The ‘insufferable, cold-hearted’ dog demon? Surely you’re mistaken.”

“Not at all.”

Rin raises an eyebrow. “Oh really? And how do you know this, hmm?” She asks, poking him in the chest.

Sesshoumaru catches Rin’s wrist and brings it up to his mouth and kisses it. “She told me. Now, remind me why we’re standing here talking.”

Rin squeals with laughter as Sesshoumaru scoops her up into his arms and the two disappear into their bedroom.

Down the hall Kirara rolls her eyes. “And he says I’m bad.”

Yujiro just laughs. “That’s mom and dad for you!”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tsuki tackles her brother into a hug, her silver, black, and gold hair flying everywhere. Ekiken lets out a strange squeaking noise as he and his sister fall to the floor in a heap.

“Gotcha!” Tsuki happily says, amber eyes shining with joy.

“Get off me, you nut.” Ekiken grumbles, shoving his twin off of himself. He ‘glares’ at her with his green eyes, but you can tell he doesn’t mean it.

Tsuki merely grins and gives him her patented you-love-me-and-you-know-it look.

“Why don’t you go torture someone else, like Shippou, you’re little boyfriend.” Ekiken says.

Tsuki turns bright red. “I-I-!” She swallows. “He’s not my boyfriend!”

Ekiken laughs. “Oh? Then why do you have ‘Shippou+Tsuki’ written all over your notebooks?” He taunts.

Tsuki turns even more red and sputters for a moment before grabbing a nearby heavy object and chasing her twin around the room with it.

Daisetsu and Akemi chuckle as they watch their children’s antics.

“My little girl’s all grown up!” Daisetsu says, wiping away a nonexistent tear.

Akemi rolls her eyes. “We have a few more years before she’ll be all grown up. Besides, if she’s anything like you and your family it’ll be a long, long time before she ever grows up.”

Daisetsu pouts. “You’re so cruel to me.”

“Well somebody has to be.” Akemi replies

“I’m not insane.” Daisetsu says.

Akemi raises an eyebrow. “I never said you were.”

“I’m not immature.” Daisetsu amends.

Akemi rolls her eyes. “Why do I put up with you?”

Daisetsu grins and gently kisses his mate. Pulling away, he murmurs, “‘cause you love me too much.” before Akemi pulls him down for another kiss.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Will you marry me?” Kurama asks.

Kagome’s eyes tear up and she flings her arms around Kurama murmuring, “Yes” over and over.

Yusuke smirks. ‘Well it’s about damn time. You’d better not hurt her, Kurama.’

Across the table Sango gasps as Miroku kneels down in front of her. Everyone’s attention turns from the two fox demons to the slayer and monk.

“Sango, words cannot express how I feel for you.” Miroku murmurs, pulling a ring out from his pocket. “And there’s only one thing I want to ask you tonight.”

Sango nervously laughs, her voice shaky. “J-just one?”

Miroku smiles, determined not to show how nervous he is. “Will you marry me and bare my children.”

Sango once again nervously laughs, knowing he just had to slip his old saying in there. “Yes. Yes, Miroku. I will marry you and bare as many children as you like.”

“Really?” Miroku asks.

“Within reason.” Sango replies, making Miroku pout. “Hey, be thankful for what you have.”

Miroku smiles and slips the ring on Sango’s finger. “I am. My Sango.” He pulls Sango down for a kiss when…

Shippou flicks a pea at the back of Miroku’s head.

Souta and Kohaku have to hide their laughter, but don’t do a very good job of it.

Miroku slowly turns to face the smirking fox demon. “Shippou…” He growls in frustration.

Sango shakes her head and taps her fiancé on the shoulder. He turns around and appears shocked when Sango initiates their first kiss.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Inuyasha looks down at his friends. “Well it’s about damn time, monk. What the hell took you do long?” He shakes his head, annoyed. “Keh. Well, at least he did alright.” He glares at Kurama. “Hey bastard! You’d better take care of her!” Inuyasha yells, feeling better even though he knows none of them can hear him.

“Ready to go?” A cheerful voice asks him.

Inuyasha rolls his eyes. “Yeah, yeah. Lets go already, Botan.”

The blue-haired deity of death smiles. “It sure took you long enough!”

“Don’t make me change my mind!” Inuyasha replies.

Botan keeps her smile on her face. “Oh, I wouldn’t dream of it. Come on, it’s time for you to meet Koenma.”

Inuyasha casts a final glance at his old friends before following Botan to the afterlife.

T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D- -T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--

Shiro: And that's it. The final chapter of Truth Be Told!

Inuyasha: Well it's about damn time!

Kitsune: Actually, Shiro's joking; we still have the epilogue left to do.

Shiro: Oh yeah... I almost forgot about that... Well, that should be posted sometime this week. Most likely the next story you'll find me posting will be 'Kirara's Story', which takes us back in time to Kirara and Sesshoumaru's childhood. But first, I really need to work on my other stories.

Kyle: 'Thank you's' are below!

THANK YOU TO: regretfully-yours-Cassy-chan, nekoofdeath, and FoxylilRaven