InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "A fuedal fairytale" Inuyasha's view ❯ prologue *~betrayal~* ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Power, it radiated out from this temple, like wave after wave of magnetic pulses, pulling evil to this spot, pulling demons and man alike out from the farthest reaches of Japan.
 
Inuyasha crouched, high on the roofs of the village huts, hidden in plain sight, a look of bitter anger on his young face. Tonight the jewel would be his; he would no longer have to deal with the heartbreaking betrayal of a human miko. No, tonight he would be free of all worries.
 
That witch had tricked him, calming his anger with words of acceptance, blinding him with promised affection. His heart hardened within his chest feeling like an iron lump had taken its place. Tonight it would no longer matter, he would be a full demon and she would be left alone here, dishonoured by the loss of the jewel to a hanyou, dishonoured by her disloyalty.
 
A tear streaked unbidden down his cheek, he paid it no head for soon he would never cry again he would finally be strong enough, strong enough to survive without another's love, strong enough to be alone.
Alone, he had been born to be alone, the curse his parents left him with, for a little while he had thought he would escape his fate but today had crushed his sprouting hope.
 
Inuyasha erased these thoughts from his head with a flick of his ears. And then he sprang from his perch, a streak of red and white flying almost too fast for the weak humans below to see. He would accomplish is goal with as little blood as possible, for the weak humans in this village had been kinder than most, they had not welcomed him, but neither had the tried to kill him.
 
Within seconds he was staring at the shikon no tama, holding its immeasurable power between his claws, its swirling pink purity slowly mixing with the evil of his own aura, turning it a blood red colour.
 
With a bark of triumph, full of the new power that leaked to him from the shikon, he broke through the temple wall. Eyes burning red, his demon side came forward and he rushed from among the now screaming masses of putrid humanity.
 
A presence nearby awoke him from him frenzy in time to see a Miko's arrow, glowing with pure energy, embed itself in his chest. The momentum carried him back into the trunk of Goshinboku, the god tree, once a great time demon, now forever a testament to time's ultimate victory over all things, for even the most powerful of demons eventually fall to her peaceful demise.
 
The jewel flew from his grasp falling uselessly to the forest floor.
“No!” his bark of anger pulled a gasp from his murderer.
 
The scent of blood met his sensitive nose, blood mingled with the scent of his miko.
She had not been injured when he had seen her last, his love, his murderer. Blood streaked down her front from a wound on her shoulder near her neck, she held her longbow in a steady grasp, though she shook with the loss of blood.
 
“How could you Inuyasha? Why? Why did you betray me?” she fell to her knees leaning heavily on her bow, the villager were now visible in the distance behind her.
 
Inuyasha tried to move his hand to pull the arrow from his chest but found he could not move his arms.
 
“We were supposed to be happy; you were supposed to use the jewel to become human. We were supposed to be together.” Tears poured down her angelic face washing streaks through her blood covered cheek. A sob escaped her lips followed by blood.
 
Inuyasha felt his heart break again at the sight, she was right, they were supposed to be together, but she had ruined that with her betrayal. She had made her choice, if she truly loved him she would not have gone off to that burned wretch of a man daily, he had heard a villager talk of the disgusting thing she had done with that man.
 
“I hate you, you witch! I am glad you are dieing, I hope it's painful!” he spat the words but couldn't bring himself to believe them, despite her betrayal his soul mourned to see her dieing, his miko, his love.
 
A sound that should have been a sob, but came out as a gurgle, escaped her lips once more, and her free hand clutched at her chest.
 
“I cannot kill you Inuyasha, instead you will sleep forever. Time will not affect you; you will remain as you are now until the end of the world. Frozen forever, bound to the time tree. Even after your betrayal I cannot kill you for your crime. I love you Inuyasha.”
 
He growled, a dark menacing sound, but his lips would no longer move. His eyes grew heavy as the villager approached the last thing he saw was young Kaede leaning over her sister. His hearing though did not leave so quickly and he listened to his Kikyou give her dieing command
“Burn the jewel with my body, if in life I could not protect it, than in death I shall.”
And with that the hanyou knew no more.