InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "A fuedal fairytale" Inuyasha's view ❯ The demon awakes ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
“THE DEMON AWAKES”
 
 
 
“I could really use a rescue!”
 
 
 
 
 
Darkness, cold, he felt cold, a sensation he had rarely ever felt.
 
A heartbeat. Warmth flooded his veins for a moment, and then subsided. Where was he? The last thing he remembered was…Kikyou…killed him?
 
A heartbeat. Warmth again, and with it pain, he felt like he hadn't moved in ages.
Another heartbeat, this one stronger, this time accompanied by sounds and scents, he could still smell Kikyou, but she was farther away than he remembered. Kikyou had been only feet in front of him, she had…
 
A breath. “The scent of she who killed me.” He breathed and opened his eyes, forest…Goshinboku… with a dark growl he tried to move but found he couldn't. He looked down to see tree roots wrapped about him, they could not be strong enough to hold him, Inuyasha, the longest lived and strongest Hanyou, he the son of Inu no Taisho, no there was magic here.
 
His ears swivelled, someone was approaching, they were making a hell of a racket too.
“Kikyou.” He whispered in a growl.
 
Suddenly he felt a demonic aura, it was closing in on his location, he growled. He couldn't defend himself if he was stuck like this. He turned his head to watch a girl run helter-skelter into the small clearing that Goshinboku grew in.
 
She was wearing some strange style of kimono; it was even more revealing than a whore's. The long length of her legs was clearly visible under a short green bottom, and her top did almost nothing to conceal her chest, sure it covered it, but it was smeared with blood and sweat and clung to every slight curve.
 
He sniffed the air, she smelled of…Kikyou. He looked closer, she even looked like Kikyou.
 
“Bitch.” He growled, the girl stopped and gave a small shriek, her arms wind milling to keep her balance. Just as she gained her balance back, an old youkai, who Inuyasha knew to be one he had killed not days before, broke through the forest edge.
 
“Give me the jewel!” it shrieked. Inuyasha scowled.
 
“Stooping to play with lesser demons now Kikyou?” he growled at the girl-woman below him, funny she looked younger that her remembered, but maybe it was the strange clothes.
 
“K-Kikyou? Who? You're…alive?” she stared blankly up at him, seeming to have forgotten the youkai who was quickly gaining on her, it lunged at her and held her tight against its decaying body.
 
“Little girl, give me the jewel, I can taste its power on your skin, give it to me.” The centipede youkai ran its long tongue up her neck and across her cheek. She wriggled and tried to push away from the demon. `Why didn't she just purify it?' Inuyasha thought.
 
“What's wrong with you Kikyou, too weak after you killed me? Can't purify a weak demon like that?” he watched as the demon's tongue worked it's way to her ear, when it flicked inside, the girl shrieked and pushed the demon away with a flash of pure energy.
 
The youkai roared its anger and pain, and quickly bent and picked the girl up in its mouth. The girl cried out in pain as the demon broke the skin near her hip and flung her away, tearing a hole in her side.
 
Inuyasha watched in amazement as the shikon jewel flew from the wound and bounced softly on the ground near his feet.
 
The girl tried to reach for the glowing jewel, but in her wounded state she seemed unable to move. `pathetic.' thought Inuyasha. `Just what one would expect from a weakling girl.'
 
Within a matter of seconds he found the girl bound tightly to him by the coils of the centipede demon. Inuyasha's mind worked furiously, how would he get out of this mess alive? He had to be freed; this girl, now that he was closer, didn't smell exactly like Kikyou, but she had shown the pure powers of a miko, would she be able to break the seal?
 
“Release me.” He growled out to the girl, not daring to look at her.
 
“W-what?” the girl looked up at the dog eared boy she was currently strapped to, her large brown eyes swimming with the tears of pain and embarrassment.
 
“The arrow bitch, pull the arrow out.” He did not think it possible, but the girls eyes got bigger.
 
He could see and feel the girl fight to release one arm from the centipede's restricting coils, after a moment, her right had pulled free and she made to grasp the shaft of the arrow sticking from his chest.
 
“Do not pull out the arrow girl, Inuyasha must not be released.” Inuyasha snarled at the old hag, who had dared to tell the girl not to release him, she would die for that. With a growl he warned the girl.
 
“Would you rather die here bitch, I can kill this demon with a swipe of my claws, all you have to do is release me. Or you can leave me sealed here and be centipede dessert.”
 
The girl seemed to pause and think for a moment, and Inuyasha rolled his eyes. `Definitely not Kikyou, Kikyou was smarter.' He thought.
she reached up and touched the tip of the arrows notch. Inuyasha felt the spell weaken, but then the youkai tightened her coils and the girl cringed and pulled her hand away. Inuyasha felt a fleeting moment of panic, this girl was such a weakling, she couldn't even pull an arrow out of his chest.
 
“Look her bitch; are you so weak that you can't even pull this arrow out? Pathetic human bitch.”
 
The girl's brows knit together and she looked him strait in the eye.
“My name is Kagome, not bitch, not Kikyou, and not pathetic human either, KA-GO-ME!” with her last words she strained upward and grabbed a hold of the arrow shaft. The arrow disintegrated in her hand.
 
One moment he was frozen, the next he was free, with a vicious snarl he ripped his claws through the youkai's long coils and broke both, himself and the girl out of the restricting hold. He did not take notice of the girl as he called out his attack, and the youkai was dead before it even knew that its prey had broken free.
 
 
“Find the jewel, girl, or the demon will regenerate, ye must find it and pull it out.” The old hag called from across the clearing. Inuyasha snarled at her, after he had the jewel the old hag would die.
 
“I can see it, it's over here!” the girl yelled, hurting his ears, as she reached to a piece of flesh near her arm. He moved to grab the jewel before she could reach it, but she was already pulling it from the flesh, and as she did the youkai turned to dust.
 
Inuyasha flexed his fingers, hearing his joints pop as he did, and glared at the girl.
“Hand the jewel over bitch, or die at my claws.” He raised his hand above his head and did not wait for the girl to answer.
 
“sakon tetsu!” he roared as he brought his claws down, when the light of his attack faded the girl was gone.
 
“Feh, serves her right, the jewel is mine.”
 
 
><> @ <>< # ><> @ <>< # ><> @ <>< # ><> @ <>< # ><> @ <>< # ><> @ <><
 
AN, Hi ya'll! PaarThea here, thank you all for reading my story :D
 
Next chapter “THE DOG BOY” will be up in the next few days, pretty much this whole story is though Inuyasha's eyes. We should feel sorry for him, `cause his first sit is coming up soon. Anyway reviews are my food, so please, feed me!
 
If there is any scene you would like to see me write, from any point of view, I'll take your challenge on.
 
Also should I deviate from the story a lot, or just a little?
 
Thea