InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Inuyasha The Movie 5" ❯ Chapter 11 – Mates ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome was resting in Inuyasha's arms. Lying next to him brought back the memories of Huebeshi and what he did for her. But it also made all her nightmares disappear nothing could disturb her in this moment. Until Inuyasha broke through her thoughts with his deep and soothing voice.
“Kagome.”
“Not now Inuyasha.”
Kagome nuzzled under his neck and pulled herself closer to him. Unfortunately he pulled her away, but made it up by looking into her eyes. He then rested his head on top of hers and said.
“Thank you.”
“Thank you? What do you mean?”
“For always being there.”
“I would never leave you Inuyasha you know that.”
Nothing was said and the last bit of light from the fires faded away. Inuyasha carefully picked Kagome up and rested her in the tree with him. The sun was just rising and they watched it together still half asleep. Kagome kissed him gently on the cheek and recommended that the go back to the village.
“Thank you for bringing me here Inuyasha, it was beautiful.”
Inuyasha smiled and held her closer and left walking hand in hand back to the village. When they finally arrived, both of them tried not to make it to obvious that anything happened so that they couldn't be attacked my questioning friends. Although their attempt was unsuccessful because as soon as they entered the hut Miroku was in both of their faces with a crazed look in his eye.
“Where were you two last night? Huh? Huh?”
Inuyasha and Kagome blushed then; SMACK! Sango had shut Miroku up by a familiar hit on the head by her Haricots. Miroku collapsed to the ground; a huge lump forming on his head. Sango just smiled and greeted the two into the hut respectively.
“So are we going to continue on our journey today or are we still going to rest?” asked Sango.
“We should get going today.” Inuyasha blurted out.
“Well I think we should make sure we gather everything we need and more so that we can go a bit longer without coming back to restock.”
“That's sounds good to me Kagome. “ Sango said assisting Miroku up from the ground.
Afternoon
The Inu-group finally set out. Today was a beautiful day. The sun was shinning, hardly a cloud in the sky. A light breeze flowed through the fresh air, and the sweet smell of lavender was drifting everywhere. They walked through an orchard of cherry blossom trees. Kagome wished she had brought a camera. The sun was setting and the night was just as spectacular as the day. The stars were shining bright and it was a full moon. Sango and Miroku were sitting by the fire and Inuyasha was sitting with Kagome watching the stars fall through the sky.
“Inuyasha do you think we could use the jewel to keep the well open?”
“Of course, I don't want you to leave.”
“But you could live in the future with me.”
Inuyasha was shocked. “I thought you liked it here?”
“I do, but I miss my family, and I really have to catch up in school”
Inuyasha thought about this for a little while and finally came to a conclusion.
“You can go to your time for as long as you need. I'll wait for you here.”
“But you know your more than welcome to stay at my house.”
“Really?”
“Of course, we can even go out for dinner on the night of the new moon,” Kagome giggled. “It would be fun.”
“You mean like a date?”
“Well I guess we could call it a date, why not?”
Kagome snuggled next to Inuyasha once again and fell asleep. Inuyasha thought about what a date in the future might be like. Kagome wasn't done school for another few months and she was already talking about her graduation. He stopped thinking about it and took Kagome back the campsite.
A Few Weeks After.
Kagome and Inuyasha said goodbye to everyone and that they would be return in a couple of weeks. With that they jumped into the well.
“What are we going to do for a couple of weeks?” asked Miroku.
“I would like to go back to my village, you should come to Miroku.”
Miroku wondered where this was going but he agreed with a perverted mind and said they would leave in the morning.
(In the future.)
The blue light appeared, revealing Inuyasha and Kagome. They jumped out of the well and walked to the house. Kagome slid the door open and called out to her family telling them that she was back.
“Kagome! Your back!“ Sota called out. “Inuyasha you're here to!”
“Calm down Sota, they just got here.” Kagome's mom smiled and hugged her daughter. “How long are you staying this time dear?”
“I'm finishing up school this time and Inuyasha is going to stay with us for a while.”
“Inuyasha is staying. YAY, come on Inuyasha!”
Sota grabbed Inuyasha by the kimono and tugged him outside to play soccer.
“I'll run a bath for you Kagome, you just get settled in.”
“Thank you mom.”
(With Inuyasha)
Sota kicked the ball to Inuyasha. He didn't do anything and just starred at the ball at his feet, blinking at it puzzled.
“Kick it back Inuyasha.”
Inuyasha kicked the ball and wasn't very amused.
“Sota kicked the ball back again. This time he kicked it a little to high and it hit Inuyasha in the gut.
“What the…OWWWWW!"
“Oops sorry”
Inuyasha was now super angry at the ball and ran back.
“STUPID DEMON!”
He then he ran as fast as he could back towards it and pounded the ball just skimming Sota's head and landing on a sharp nail sticking out of a hut. Inuyasha dusted himself off and headed in doors leaving Sota dumbfounded.
“That's shows him for hitting me.”
(With Kagome.)
Kagome stepped into the bath and relaxed in the bubbles. She sighed, settling down getting comfy and closing her eyes.
“It's been so long since I had a nice hot bath.”
Kagome lied there for about an hour until the water got cold. She stepped out and was wrapping a towel around her hair and her body when there came a yell and a pounding at the door.
“ACK! LET ME IN!”
“GO AWAY INUYASHA!”
“But.”
“I'll be out in a minute.”
Kagome stepped out of the bathroom and Inuyasha was huddled in a corner.
“What's wrong?”
Inuyasha pointed to the phone.
“It rang in my ear.”
“Inuyasha that's a telephone, when it rings it means someome is trying to contact us.”
Inuyasha had a puzzled look on his face. Kagome's mom came in wanting to see what all the commotion was about. She starred at them both and then recognized a bit mark on Kagome's neck.
“Oh my! Kagome what happened?”
“Huh?”
“That mark on you neck. Please let me get some ointment on it.”
“Mom it's fine.”
“But what happened?”
Inuyasha stood up and told Kagome's mom what he did.
“It was I, Mrs. Higurashi.”
“What?”
“I marked her.”
“Mom I don't know how to explain this but…Inuyasha and I are…”
Inuyasha finished for her.
“Were mates.”
Kagome's mom was somewhat speechless then let her guard down.
“I trust you Inuyasha, you will take good care of her. I set up a bed in Kagome's room for you, you can stay there for the time that you will be staying with us.”
Kagome got dressed and gave Inuyasha some of her dad's old cloths as pajamas.
“ Those will work for tonight.”
Inuyasha went to change. As soon as he came out they both sat on her bed and stated to talk.
“It was nice of my mom to say that she trusts you. Also that she let you stay in my room for the night.”
“You don't mind do you?”
“Not at all, you want to protect me anyways.”
Kagome lied down and turned out the light. Inuyasha went to lie on the floor; but was stopped by Kagome.
“What's wrong Kagome?”
“I want you to sleep next to me.”
Inuyasha was stunned. She wanted him to sleep next to her. But with no hesitation he laid down next to her and held her close.
“Goodnight my love”
“Goodnight…Kagome”
They both closed their eyes and Inuyasha wrapped his arm around her waist. She nestled closer to him and soon they both fell into a deep sleep together.