InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Inuyasha The Movie 5" ❯ Chapter 13 – Kikyo or Kagome ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome woke up screaming
(The dream)
She dreamt that her and him where in a battle and Inuyasha was pierced in the stomach. He got up soon afterwards because a simple hole in the stomach never stopped him before. But then an arrow grazed past her and hit Inuyasha in the shoulder. Kagome looked over and saw Kikyo positioning another arrow. Kagome drew her arrow as well, but Kikyo already shot it and Inuyasha dove in front of her and took the blow of the sacred arrow. It pierced him strait in the heart and he fell to the ground motionless. The last words he said before he pasted on were: “sorry Kagome.” The next thing Kagome noticed was that Kikyo was standing overhead and said she would take her soul back. Somehow Kikyo took the rest of her soul out of Kagome and Kagome died.
(End of dream)
Kagome was panting and wiping her forhead when Inuyasha finally awoke.
“What's wrong Kagome?”
Kagome looked over at Inuyasha and just starred at him, tears welling up in her eyes. She hugged him tightly and cried into his chest.
“It was a nightmare.”
“What happened?”
“Kikyo killed you…and…took her soul back…”
“Took her soul back?”
“She sucked it out of my body.”
“I'm here Kagome don't worry.”
She cried more into his chest and Inuyasha held her tight till Kagome finally cried herself to sleep.
“Poor Kagome, she won't be able to rest in peace till I end everything with Kikyo.”
He looked down at Kagome's sleeping figure.
“But I owe Kikyo my life…but I can't leave Kagome, she would be devastated. Nobody's shoulder to cry on, she would be all alone. I can't go on knowing one of them is in pain.”
Inuyasha left to the bathroom to splash some water on his face and clear his thoughts. When he cupped the water in his hand and saw his reflection he saw both Kikyo and Kagome standing beside him. He quickly splashed the water on his face and took a deep breath. Soon he checked on Kagome again and she was fine so he left outside to sit in the well house. He relaxed leaning against the well and was remembering back to when Kikyo fixed him to the treeand then when Kagome saved him from it. He was torn between two women.
“Neither one would forgive me for choosing the other.”
He looked into the sky through a hole in the roof and saw the moon. It reminded him that Kagome's prom was on the night of the new moon and he would be going with her. The new moon was in a matter of weeks. He knew that he could only have a good time if he new Kikyo was gone.
“Well I guess that's my decision…I have to get rid of Kikyo.”
Just then he noticed That Kagome was in the doorway staring at him, smiling. He looked towards her and was confused.
“Kagome?”
She giggled.
“What are you looking at?”
“Nothing, you just look so cool in the moonlight like that.”
She walked over and went to sit beside himbut instead she transported them both into the feudal era and the just sat leaning against the well. They sat there not saying a word to each other until Kagome set her hand on top of his. He looked down at this gripping her hand back. Then took a quick look at her seeing that she was staring into the glowing moon.
“What do you think about when you stare into the moon Inuyasha?”
He looked back into the moon.
“I have a big choice to make Kagome.”
“And what would that be?”
“I have to see Kikyo.”
Kagome was speechless; but she slowly looked at Inuyasha, gazing deep into his amber eyes. He couldn't look her in the eye this time. She just kept staring seeing the sorrow he was going through.
“What dose this mean? You still want to be with me, right?”
He stopped everything he was thinking about, and looked at her.
“Why would say that? Of course I still want to be with you. I just...”
He stopped himself.
“Say it Inuyasha.” Kagome said sternly
“…I have to say goodbye to Kikyo, and put her to rest.”
“Inuyasha. I know this must be extremely difficult for you, I can help you.”
“No.”
Kagome's eyes widened.
“This is something I have to do myself.”
“But…”
Kagome didn't want him to do this himself because she was afraid Kikyo would do one of her evil tricks and still end up dragging him into hell with her.
“You can't Inuyasha. I won't let you.”
“You won't let me Kagome? Don't you want her to be gone?”
“Yes. It's just...I”
Kagome looked down but Inuyasha raised her chin.
“Kagome?”
“I can't loose you to her...I won't loose you to her.”
Inuyasha paused before replying. “You're never going to loose me.”
He captured her lips with his in and everlasting kiss. He Held her tight and said one last thing:
“Even if Kikyo and I were supposed to end up together. I would never love her as much as I love you Kagome, you're the one I want to be with.”
He kissed her again and Kagome dropped limp.
“Huh? What's Happening?”
He looked and saw Kagome with and arrow I her back.
“NO!”
He looked up and growled seeing Kikyo lowering her bow.
“KIKYO! HOW COULD YOU?”
“I thought you loved me, not that stupid reincarnation of me?”
“But…”
He looked closer into Kikyo's eyes and they were glazed over.
“This can't be happening. Not again.”