InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Inuyasha The Movie 5" ❯ Chapter 14 – The Truth Behind Kagome's Real Power ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An evil laugh came from the darkness and two glowing red eyes emerged. Inuyasha stared into the eyes and felt something coming over him. He rubbed his eyes and then the body came out of the trees.
“Who are you?”
The creature laughed again and said, “I am Nakago.”
Nakago emerged from the shadows. Nakago was celestial princess from the mainland. She had violet hair and red eyes. She dressed in a black dress and a transparent robe draped along her shoulders.
“Huebeshi was my sister. It seems hanyous are quite fond of humans.”
“Your Huebeshi's sister?”
“Yes. And I have the power to brainwash humans. As you have already witnessed with your love Kikyo.”
“Kikyo's not my…”
Inuyasha stopped himself again and said to himself. “Kikyo isn't my love but…she is going to die again…because of me.”
Nakago laughed yet again. “Before you and that wench killed my sister. She told me that your feelings are your soft spot. This should work out to my advantage.”
Inuyasha didn't say anything.
“I hope you have already decided who you love more half demon.”
“What are you talking about?”
Nakago released Kikyo from her spell and Kikyo fell to the ground. Also at that moment Kagome's powers healed her enough to regain consciousness. They were both in pain and where moments from leaving the land of the living.
“So who is it going to be Inuyasha? And know this: Whoever you don't pick will die and become my slave.”
Inuyasha mumbled under his breath. “I promised Kagome that I would never leave her.” He ran to Kagome's side.
Kikyo's eyes widened and she gained enough strength to stand up she grabbed her bow and faced Nakago.
“Nobody controls me.”
“What?”
Kikyo released her arrow and Nakago disappeared. Kikyo grabbed another arrow and pointed it at Inuyasha.
“I thought you loved me?”
Inuyasha rose to his feet and guarded Kagome.
“Kikyo I'm sorry.”
“THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!”
Kikyo was filled with hatred.
“I pined you to a tree almost 50 years ago. Then this girl came and freed you and stole my soul. Inuyasha your heart belonged to me. And I tend to keep it that way.”
Kikyo let her arrow fly and it was headed straight for Inuyasha.
“Kikyo. Please don't”
“I must. It's the only way that I can have you.”
The arrow pierced Inuyasha in the heart and stuck him to a tree once again.
“You will stay there forever this time.” Kikyo turned to face Kagome. “And as for you.”
She walked over to Kagome and stood over her.
“I want my soul back.”
“Inuyasha was still conscious because Kikyo wanted him to see the demise of Kagome.
Kagome and Inuyasha both all of a sudden remembered Kagome's dream. This is almost exactly what happened.
“Was this fate?” they thought.
Kagome rose to meet Kikyo and she starred her in the eye.
“I am your reincarnation therefore I to lay claim to this soul. So I think we should fight for it…as well as Inuyasha's heart.”
Inuyasha's eyes widened.
“Ha. You dare to challenge me.”
“You bet.”
Kagome raised her bow and Kikyo backed away. Both women had there an arrow ready and they let them fly at the same time. A stream of blue light came from Kagome's arrow and a stream of pink came from Kikyo's. The power from the priestess's arrows collided in a large yellow light. When the dust finally subsided both of them where ready with another arrow.
“This is pointless wench. We share the same powers. Having a battle with shooting arrows will get us nowhere.”
“I guess you right.”
A special glow formed around Kagome.
“Wait…what's going on?” Kikyo stammered. “I never had this power.”
Kikyo backed away slowly and tried to grab another arrow. Kagome's glow grew brighter and she rose of the ground. She lifter her hands and a small yellow orb formed. Kagome opened her eyes to catch sight of Kikyo. The small yellow orb formed into an arrow and Kagome put it with her bow.
“It's time to put you to rest Kikyo.”
“No. I can't…”
With that Kagome let the arrow fly and it hit Kikyo in the heart. Kikyo let out a scream of pain and she disappeared into the dirt and ash she was created from. That dirt and ash soaked into the ground and Kagome gently touched down. Her glowing ore disappeared and Kagome released Inuyasha from Kikyo's spell.
“Kagome, what did you do?”
“I don't know, it just sort of … happened.”
“Well I'm just glad your safe.”
Inuyasha gently kissed Kagome on the lips. When Keade walked out of the bushes.
“I see ye two have finally put my sister to rest.”
“Keade? Where you there the whole time?”
“Eye, I was indeed.”
“Then would you happen to know where that power came from? If I was a reincarnation of Kikyo, than why did I have that power and not Kikyo?”
“I always thought ye were my sisters reincarnation. But I sensed something very different about you when Tsuboki was defeated. You did use Kikyo's defense powers but there was a twist.”
“What are you saying Keade? That Kagome is has her own powers along with Kikyo's?”
“Yes.”
Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other, then back at Keade.
“Well, then where did I get my powers from?”
“Ye got them from the priests and priestess from your family.”
“You mean like my great great grandfather's.”
“Eye child.”
“I always had that kind of power and never knew?”
Keade nodded. “ Lets go back the village and get some rest. You two can return to Kagome's world tomorrow morning.”
Kagome and Inuyasha nodded and followed Keade back to the village. When they arrived Keade soon fell asleep and Kagome and Inuyasha stayed awake for a while to talk.
“I can't believe your Midoriko's reincarnation.”
“I can't believe it myself.”
“Well it doesn't matter to me whose power you have, Kikyo's gone and now you and I can live in peace.”
“I'm glad Inuyasha” Kagome closed her eyes before drifting asleep, “I'm glad.”
Inuyasha smiled and gave Kagome a kiss, just before falling asleep himself.