InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Inuyasha The Movie 5" ❯ Chapter 16 – Inuyasha Shopping ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome got up earlier this morning because she didn't finish her homework last night. She stepped over Inuyasha who was sleeping on the floor and grabbed her books to got work on them in the living room. Kagome finished her homework with just enough time to wash up and eat breakfast. She stepped over Inuyasha again and grabbed her clothes to take to the bathroom.
The steamy mist of the shower engulfed Kagome and she ran some shampoo in her hair and it lathered up. She ran the soap over her body then rinsed her self off. She stepped out of the shower and wrapped her self up while she brushed her teeth and blow-dried her hair. She put on her uniform and went to the kitchen for breakfast.
Inuyasha was already sitting at the kitchen table stuffing egg and rice and sausages in his mouth. He tried to say hi but almost chocked on the food.
“Try taking smaller bites next time.” Kagome giggled.
Inuyasha swallowed hard and smiled at her, then asked for his fourth helping. Kagome finally sat down and ate her helping then grabbed her books to go to school.
“Bye mom!” she yelled.
Just before she went out the door someone grabbed her arm and pulled her into a hug.
“Have a good day at school Kagome.” Inuayasha then gave her a small kiss.
Kagome returned it and said goodbye.
(Inuyasha after Kagome left.)
Inuyasha headed into the living room ready to sit down and relax and watch a movie. But just as he sat down Kagome's mom walked in with her purse hanging off her shoulder.
“Come on Inuyasha, we have to buy you a tuxedo for Kagome's prom.”
“Tuxedo?”
“It's a fancy suit that men wear on special occasions. You want to look good for Kagome, don't you?”
Inuyasha jumped up and followed Mrs. Higurashi out the door.
(Shopping)
Inuyasha and Kagome's mom walked into a store and browsed around for a while. Mrs. Higutashi finally went up to the till and asked for rental suits.
“What sizes to you need sir?”
“Umm…sizes?”
Mrs. Higurashi listed about what size he would need and sent him into the change room. When Inuyasha came out he had a discussed look on his face.
“Do I really have to wear this?”
“It does look a little to tight, try this one.” She handed him another tux to try on.
After about trying on several tuxes Inuyasha finally found one he was somewhat satisfied with and turned around.
“How do I look?”
Mrs. Higurashi paused and looked at Inuyasha. “Like a gentlemen.”
“Is that a good thing?”
Mrs. Higurashi laughed and said yes then told him to take it off so she could rent it.
The Tux was also very form fitting and defined his muscles well, but not to restricting. It was black and had a bow tie. The only think Inuyasha had a problem with was the shoes. Now those where restricting, he tried wiggling his toes, his claws where scratching the end and he walked like a hillbilly, shaking his feet as if he was doing the hoaky poaky. (A/N: I don't know how to spell it, forgive me.) They went up to the till and rented the tux. The cashier put it in a plastic wrap then they headed out the door.
When they finally returned to the shrine they met up with Kagome who was walking up the steps.
“Kagome, hi!”
Kagome turned around and say her mom and Inuyasha waving.
“Mom, what are you doing with Inuyasha?”
“We just got back from shopping.”
Kagome giggled remembering yesterday when she saw him on Main Street, and the fact that her friends thought he was hot. She continued to the house with Inuyasha walking beside her. Inuyasha grabbed her hand just at her mom walked into the house to prepare dinner.
“Your prom in on Saturday night.”
“Yeah. And your point is?”
“I hope I don't embarrass you.”
Kagome had a confused look on her face. “What makes you think your going to embarrass me?”
Inuyasha looked away and blushed before answering. Silently he said, “…I don't know how to dance...”
“What was that? I didn't hear you.”
Inuyasha said it a little louder; this time she heard it.
“I don't know how to dance.” He said again.
Kagome tried to hold in her laughter. “Inuyasha it will be fine, as long as your there with me it doesn't matter to me weather you can dance or not.”
This relieved him and he gave her a kiss on the forehead causing her to smile.
“I chose you to come with me not because you can't dance Inuyasha.”
“Than why did you?”
Kagome kissed him again and said. “Because I love you. And I wouldn't have it any other way.”
Inuyasha hugged her this time and then they headed inside to wait for dinner. Inuyasha wrapped his arm around her waist.
The week went by quickly for Kagome because she went on the decorating committee. The school hall was filled with silver stars and lights. The chandelier had a moon hanging off of it. Tables and chairs where placed around the dance floor with while tablecloths and confetti spread on top. Every table has a group of candles on it with little bow wrapped around them. The guest book and every ones yearbook were open for signatures. All of it was ready for tomorrow night.
Kagome arrived at home exhausted from all the work.
“Finally the school year is done.” She sighed then thought. “What am I going to do with my life?”
Then she realized what she had just said. “What am I going to do with my life?” She knew she had many options but one of them was Inuyasha. Her and him had to kill Naraku and find the rest of the shards. But what is going to happen when that all is over. Where Inuyasha and her going to stay together? Would they get married and have a family? She smiled at that thought. Or would she have a career and stay in the modern time. Maybe her and Inuyasha could stay in her world, raise a family. Get a job. But their life was in the feudal era she knew that. Thinking of all this it soon put her to sleep.
“Just think of the prom tomorrow.” She told herself, and drifted to sleep.