InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Inuyasha The Movie 5" ❯ Chapter 18 - The Prom ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18
The Prom
Inuyasha and Kagome walked outside followed by Kagome's mom, Sota, and Grandpa. Everyone waved and smiled but Inuyasha couldn't keep his eyes off of Kagome, he was dumbfounded on how beautiful she looked. When they finally got into the car the driver beeped to say goodbye and drove away. Inuyasha was still speechless.
“Is something wrong Inuyasha?” Kagome asked.
Inuyasha just stammered on and couldn't get a word out. His heart was pounding. Why did he feel this way? Is it because his human desires are overpowering him? Kagome grabbed his hand and gazed deeply into his eyes. Somehow this calmed his nerves down and he finally caught up with his breath. Inuyasha paused a long time before he hugged her. Kagome hugged him back.
“You're sweating.”
“Just a little nervous, that's all.” He wiped some sweat from his brow.
“There is nothing to be scared of.”
“I never said I was scared.”
Kagome smiled and leaned over to grab his hair. He leaned in to kiss her and their lips touched. Kagome started to twirl his hair around her finger and opened her mouth for a deeper kiss. Inuyasha held the back of her head and pulled her closer to him before they released for air.
“Turn around for a second Inuyasha.”
“Why?”
“Because I want to do something with your hair, it'll be fine.”
Inuyasha was confused but gave in easily. Kagome split his hair into three strands and started to braid it, each hair crossing over each other and slowly forming the braid. Kagome closed her eyes and took in his smell and picked out some familiar scents that her weaker senses noticed: the smell of fresh water that he bathed in, in the feudal era, some little hints of her houses aroma, the smell of the perfume she put on that night. There were just so many scents that covered him, so many perfects scents. She finally finished and completed it with a small black elastic to keep it together; she wrapped it around his shoulder and leaned on his back, putting both hands draped over his shoulders. He grabbed her hands.
When they had finally sat back normally in the car, it was not long till they had arrived. Both just sat and listened, anticipating the evening that lie ahead. Now both of their nerves were getting the better of them. Both were short of breath and looked at each other with a worried look on their faces. A grinned formed on Kagome's face that caused her to laugh. In almost a train reaction Inuyasha started to laugh as well. When they finally stopped, the car was pulling up to the hall. The car came to a slow stop and both Inuyasah and Kagome starred at the lights and listened to the music coming from inside.
“Well this is it, are you ready Inuyasah?”
Inuyasha gulped, “As ready as I will ever be.”
Kagome opened the door and stepped out followed by Inuyasha. The car drove away leaving the two standing, shaking and slowly walking to the door.
“Just be yourself, you don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to.”
“Got it.” Inuyasha gulped again.
Step by step, finally they reached the doors, looking inside Kagome recognized her friends standing by the punch tables with their dates.
“I'll sign the quest book, then we can go and dance.”
Kagome smiled and lifted a bit of nervousness off of her date. She walked in, Inuayasha linked within her arm. He was looking around, watching the people dance, and trying to pick up a few leads as to how he would pull this off. Kagome laughed and walked to towards the dance floor, but not before a tap on the shoulder caught her attention and she turned around to her friends, waiting for an explanation as to why they never met Inuyasha before.
“Kagome!”
“Who's you're hot date?”
Inuyasha turned around and all of Kagome's friend's eyes widened.
“Wow.”
“…Hey, haven't I seen you before?” one of them asked.
“Kagome interrupted, “I doubt it, he's got one of the familiar faces.”
“I don't know…”
“Where did you two meet?”
Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other, and then blurted out two different places.
“The mall.”
“At the park.”
Kagome's friends put on a sarcastic face and Inuyasha and Kagome knew they had to get their stories straight. So Kagome stepped forward pulling Inuyasha with her.
“What we mean is…umm… I was going for a run through the park one day and when I was reaching for my water bottle…umm…Inuyasha bumped into me and…umm… I spilt my water,” Kagome laughed then looked over at Inuyasha and she could have sworn he was just about to burst out with laughter, so he looked away. “Well, he felt bad, for spilling my water, so he took me to the mall for a milkshake.” Kagome finally was satisfied with her story even if it wasn't that convincing. “Ever since then we started hanging out more.”
Kagome's friends weren't satisfied though.
“Well you couldhave at least talked about him more.”
“Yeah, and at least have let us meet him.”
Inuyasha finally said something to back up Kagome, “ It's my fault girls, I told her I thought you wouldn't like me. Kagome insisted, but I didn't want to.”
Kagome just sighed, and then heard a slow song come on.
“Oh my god, it's a slow song.” She turned to Inuyasha and pulled him to the dance floor. “Lets go dance Inuyasha.”
They raced into the middle of the dance floor, to get away from this akward conversation.They stooddirectly under the star.
“Are you forgetting, I don't know how to dance?”
“Are you forgetting, that I said not to worry about it? Just hold on to me and make it look like your leading.”
“No problem with the holding part, I got that covered.”
Inuyasha pulled Kagome into him and Kagome started giggle.
“Okay, now just slowly turn, that's all you got to do.”
Kagome rested her head on his shoulder and started to fiddle with the braid. Inuyasha just held her and turned slowly. He had to admit that her thought he was doing quite well. When the song was over Kagome escaped to the girls bathroom and told Inuyasha to wait for her by the punch table. When Kagome retreated her went to the punch table like he was told and stood there looking casual. A few girls asked his to dance and he rejected him saying he was waiting for his date. After they left Hojo noticed him and came over to talk.
“Hello, my name is Hojo.” Hojo stuck out his hand waiting to shakeInuyasha's hand but Inuyasha just starred at it, he didn't know what this meant or what to do. “Okay, i guess,if you don't want to.” And lowered his hand. “So I see you are here with Kagome.”
“Yeah.”
“You're a very lucky guy. I have been trying to get her to go out with me for ages.”
Inuyasha grinned, but kept casual. “I am very lucky.” He replied.
“So where is she?”
“She went to the bathroom, I'm sure she will be out soon.”
“Well, I have to ask.”
“What?”
“Can I dance with her?”
Inuyasha got a bit angry, how was he supposed to answer that?
“Well, may I?”
Inuyasha didn't know what to say so her just said, “You have to ask her.”
“Okay, well I'll talk to you later.”
“See yeah.” then he mumbled to himself, "No, you may NOT dance with my girl."
Hojo walked away. Inuyasha thought about what this jerk just asked him, he was going to say no but he knew that if Kagome was to find out that, she night `sit' him.
“I guess if she did dance with him it would be okay…”
He just leaned against the wall by the table and awaited Kagome.
(With Kagome)
Kagome finished touching up and doing what she had to do and walked outside. She was headed toward the punch table when Hojo found her.
“Kagome!”
“Uh oh…”
“Hi Kagome.”
“Hey…”
“Are you having a nice evening?”
“Yes actually, thank you for asking.”
Hojo smiled. “Do you want to dance?”
“Umm…I have to ask my date.”
“Oh I already talked to him, he said to ask you.”
Kagome's eyes widened and she thought, “Knowing Inuyasha, I would of thought of him to say no.”
“Okay Hojo, I'll dance with you.”
They walked to the dance floor. Towards the middle of the song Hojo started to talk.
“Your date seams nice.”
“Yeah, I like him a lot.”
“Well that's good, I'm happy for you.”
(With Inuyasha)
“Kagome sure is taking a long time.”
He walked over to the girls washroom she wasn't there.He kept looking scanning the dance floor.
(With Kagome.)
“Kagome”
“Yes?”
“I have always really had a thing for you.'
“Oh Hojo, I'm sorry.” She know where this was going
“Well to tell you the truth…”
“Yeah?”
`I have always wanted to kiss you.”
“What?”
“Really, please…just let me taste your lips…”
Hojo closed his eyes and leaned down. Kagome couldn't get away he held her to tight.
“Hojo…NO! STOP!”
(With Inuyasha)
He looked everywhere he couldn't find her. Justthen he heard her voice over the music “STOP!”
“Kagome!”
He looked over to where he heard her voice and saw Hojo, KISSING, Kagome. He could tell she hated every minute of it.
“Why that little…”
He ran into the middle of the dance floor and just as Hojo let go of Kagome, Kagome felt Inuyasha's tight arms wrap around her.
“…Inuyasha.”
She huddled close into his arms and felt Inuyasha building up with anger.
Inuyasha kept his eyes glued to Hojo until he felt Kagome's tear fall onto his arm that was holding her.
“I'm sorry Inuyasha…” she whispered.
“What did you think you were doing kissing her?”
“What?”
“She didn't want to do it. So why did you make her?”
“I wanted too.”
“BUT SHE DIDN'T!”
Inuyasha punched Hojo in the stomach and he fell to the ground. Kagome rushed Inuyasha quickly out to a balcony hoping nobody would see them and they wouldn't get in trouble.
“Let me at him.”
“It's okay Inuyasha.”
“No it's NOT. He kissed you, I saw it.”
“Calm down, I'm just glad I am here with you..now…”
“But…”
Kagome silenced him with a kiss. Then let go and whispered again.
“I'm sorry.”
“It was never your fault, I know you didn't want to do it, you have nothing to be sorry for.”
“I love you…and thank you.”
“I love you to Kagome.”
The night was coming to an end and Inuyasha and Kagome danced together for the rest of the night on the balcony, with not distractions. Finally the announcer/DJ in the hall came on and said that it was the last song of the night and that it was almost five in the morning. A few couples had already gone home and the announcer/DJ played: Every Heart by Boa.
(This song it one of the ending songs on the series.)
Kagome walked into Inuyasha and said that this was her favorite song.
“Why?”
“There is no real explanation for it, but when I first heard it, I guess I just fell in love it.”
“That's good enough for me.”
Every heart seamed to go on forever just so the two could spend every minute of it together. They kissed one more time as the song ended and the sun was slowly beginning to rise over the hills. A now transforming Inuyasha finished the kiss with Kagome and took her home, sleeping on his back.
When he got home with her, he slid into her room through the window, careful not to wake the rest of the family members. He laid Kagome down on her bed, still sleeping and changed into more comfortable clothes. Kagome awoke, not knowing where she was and opened her eyes to just see Inuyasah putting on a shirt. She walked over to him and gave him a kiss on the back of his neck. Inuyasha turned around and saw Kagome and have her a kiss back. Kagome pulled him beside the bed and lifter hr arms. Inuyasha took his hint and slid the dress over her head, revealing her body to him. He pushed the dress to the side and dropped on top of her onto the bed. They both started to kiss each other intensely before pulling their selves under the sheets.