InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Inuyasha The Movie 5" ❯ Chapter 20 - Telling Inuyasha ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha sat patently on the couch thinking of why Kagome was acting all strange.
`I'll take her out for dinner tonight, that will get her mind off of anything that is troubling her.'
Inuyasha left to go see if Kagome was done in the bathroom. Just as he was about to knock on the door Kagome opened it and was face to face with Inuyasha. She was so happy to see him and wanted to tell him the news but now wasn't the time. Instead she gave him a kiss and smiled at him.
“What's this?” Inuyasha asked.
“I'm just in a good mood.”
“A good mood?” `Just a while ago she was angry and anxious.' “I was thinking of maybe going out for dinner tonight, what do you think?”
“That would be great.”
Kagome walked past Inuyasha to the phone and called a cab.
“The cab will be here in ten minutes, I'm going to get changed.”
(I forgot to mention that Kagome and Inuyasha live in their own apartment now.)
Kagome went to the closet in her and Inuyasha's bedroom and picked out a nice evening outfit. She grabbed a pair of black dress pants, a sparkly navy blue top and a pair of small heals, then headed to the bathroom. She quickly changed and Inuyasha put on a pair of nicer Jeans and a Red button up shirt. Inuyasha waited for Kagome in the front entrance and they headed outside to the awaiting cab. Just as they stepped out of the door Inuyasha changed to a human.
“It's that time again.”
“Yup, lucky for us, hats aren't allowed in restaurants.”
They stepped into the cab and left to the restaurant. When they arrived they sat down and ordered their drinks. Kagome did most of the ordering because Inuyasha still didn't know how this stiff worked. They got just water and Kagome ordered some baby back ribs for him and some noodles and vegetables with a baked potato for herself. Inuyasha knew some manners and didn't dig in till Kagome took the first bite. He was still done before her. After they both finished they sat back and started a conversation.
“So, when are we going to back to the feudal era? We have to meet up with Sango and Miroku sometime or another.”
“I know but I have something that might delay us from that for a little while.”
“Huh? What are you talking about?”
“It's not the best topic right now, we are in a public place an all.”
“What is it Kagome? Is it important?”
“Yes, that's why this isn't a suitable place for that topic at the moment.”
Inuyasha sat back because he knew that it wasn't good to argue with Kagome right now. Kagome asked for the check and also for a phone to call the cab service.
(Back at the apartment)
Inuyasha opened the door for Kagome and they turned on some music to set the mood and then they both sat down on the couch.
“Now what is it that was so important that we couldn't talk about in the restaurant?”
Kagome placed a hand on her stomach than grabbed Inuyasha's and placed his on her stomach. Inuyasha had no idea what this meant.
“…Do you have a stomach ach?”
Kagome giggled.
“No…”
“What is it?”
“Inuyasha, your…”
“I'm what?”
“…Your going to be a…”
“WHAT?”
“A father.”
“Huh?”
“I am carrying your child Inuyasha.”
It took a while to settle in but Inuyasha eyes just widened.
“I'm going to be a father…?” he whispered.
“Don't worry, you will be great.”
Inuyasha kissed Kagome on the forehead.
“This is what you want, right?”
“…”
“Inuyasha?”
“I have always wanted this.”
“Inuyasha.”
Inuyasha pushed Kagome gently down onto the couch and started to kiss her and hold her close. He went down to her stomach and said:
“We are going to be one happy family.”
(Nine months later, in the hospital room)
Kagome was exhausted and was squeezing Inuyasha's hand. She winced in pain and bit her bottom lip.
“Ok, one more push!” the doctor explained.
Kagome pushed as hard as she could.
“Ok you're done.”
Kagome relaxed, up until another contraction hit her.
“Doctor, she is still in pain,” Inuyasha yelled.
“What?”
The doctor came over and examined Kagome.
“It seams that you are having twins.”
“Twins?” Kagome screamed.
Inuyasha wiped the sweat from her forehead.
“This time shouldn't be as bad as the first.”
Kagome pushed again. In a matter of a few minutes what seemed like hours past the other child was delivered into the world. The two children where cleaned and placed with their mom.
“You have two beautiful boys.”
“You hear that Inuyasha?”
`Yes.”
Kagome handed Inuyasha the first boy and she asked:
“What are we going to call them?”
“This one should be Ichiro, meaning first son.”
“Than this one should be Tanjiro, meaning high valued second son.”
“Perfect.” Inuyasha said.
The couple sat in the room for hours, switching infants to see both. They cried until finally they went to sleep and the doctors took them away to a different room.
“I need to get some rest Inuyasha, please call my mom and tell her the good news.”
With that said Kagome fell asleep and Inuyasha held her hand and gave her another kiss on the forehead.
“You are going to be a great mother.”