InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ .:Pressure:. ❯ Staying In Tokyo ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer Note: I unfortunately DO NOT own InuYasha and other characters in the anime. It makes me want to cry.
 
===============
Well, it's 3:00 in the morning while I write this.
I'm doing it for all of you people who want more chapters!
x.x
I think my eyes are falling out
-Shaku
 
===============
“Thankyou, InuYasha.” Kagome kept her gaze on the floor as the two walked away from Hojo. That was all she said to him after they left and made their way outside, where InuYasha said would be better to go to instead of class right now.
 
It was strange how just thirty minutes ago she hated his guts and would have considered him the stupidest jerk in all Japan. Kagome was still shaken from the experience as they reached the abandoned soccer field that the school owned. InuYasha had given her hand a reassuring squeeze while she was still tense.
 
He guided her to a spot free of weeds in the soccer field and sat down with her. Kagome still never took her eyes off of the ground and he was starting to get worried. The strangest feeling had come over him when Hojo had grabbed Kagome away from him. It was as if he had to protect her very life.
 
He had often helped out people before that were being mugged or attacked for some reason but didn't think twice about it after he left. With Kagome it was different. Maybe it was because he almost claimed her life himself too.
 
They sat there together until InuYasha heard the last bell ring and watched the students at Tokyo High exit from the building. Kagome had fallen asleep from all of her worrying and was lying on the ground with her head on his lap. He didn't want to have to wake her up but InuYasha knew that his uncle would be looking for them soon and he didn't want her to have to explain what happened near the cafeteria.
 
InuYasha placed his hand on her shoulder and shook her lightly to wake her up. “Come on, Kagome. We have to get going, school's over.” He stood when she finally sat up on her own and rubbed her eyes.
 
Kagome looked up at InuYasha, who was just staring down at her with his bright golden eyes as his hair swayed softly from the wind. She smiled to herself but it went away when what he said finally dawned on her. “School's over?!”
 
She jumped up and started running back to the large brick building. InuYasha caught up with her quickly and grabbed her arm to slow her down. “Listen, Kagome, you don't need to go back there. School hours are over.”
 
He let go of her arm and she dropped to the ground. He could smell salt and noticed the tears that were being held back. “InuYasha, you don't understand.” She got back up. “I can't just miss an entire day of school. Pretty soon I'll have the whole school after me for a reason why Hojo nearly died on top of that!” She sighed in frustration.
 
InuYasha could understand why she didn't want to miss school. He used to feel that way, that his education was the key to success in his life. That changed though when his mother died and he ran away from home. InuYasha lived two whole years of his childhood running away from his family because he didn't want to have to face the truth, or Sesshomaru.
 
Ever since then, he had just shown up for school. He didn't try to have the high grades that he had and he didn't really care for the popularity from the girls. Most girls didn't even interest him at all, he just like to make them trip over themselves with a few remarks. There was only one other woman that he had come to enjoy and that was Kikyo Migashi.
 
“Hello, InuYasha.”
 
He felt a finger push his chest and focused back on present day. Kagome had a finger poked in his chest and was trying to get his attention.
 
“Come on you brainless monkey, we have to get out of here before my mom gets worried sick from me not being home on time tonight.”
 
“Yeah okay, I'll walk you back to your place, wherever that is.” Kagome took his hand and started walking off to her home, Higurashi Shrine.
 
==================
Kagome opened the front door to the shrine where she lived. InuYasha had dropped her off at the entrance to the gates before waving goodbye. “Mom, Gramps, Souta!”
 
“Kagome, you're home early!” Kagome's mother came out of the kitchen and hugged her daughter tightly. “Oh dear, look at your arm. It's all red.” Ms. Higurashi eyed the color carefully before turning a puzzled face at her daughter. “What happened to you?”
 
“Um, well, you see Mom.” She tried to rack up a good enough excuse so that her mother wouldn't have to worry about her. “It was Sango. Yeah, she um went to pull me out of the janitor's way and yanked a little to hard. Nothing to worry about though, I'm fine!” Kagome's innocent look got her mother off of the topic.
 
“Kagome, I wanted to ask you something. I received an invitation to a dear friend of mine's wedding in southern Japan. I wanted to know if you didn't mind staying here to watch over the shrine while I took Grampa and Souta.”
 
Kagome had gone to southern Japan before. They had a few nice beaches where you could watch the surfers in the ocean. Nagasaki was actually the first place where Kagome had a crush on a local boy. She was only nine but it didn't matter to her.
 
“Sure Mom! I'll have plenty of fun staying here. Sango can come over tomorrow and we'll rent a few movies.” Kagome's mother already trusted her daughter enough to not trash the place while she was gone. She was too responsible for her own actions and wouldn't risk loosing her mother's trust for something silly like a house party.
 
“Now dear, we'll be leaving tomorrow but I don't think we'll be back for a whole month so don't rent too many movies.”
 
A whole month? That would be a long time just to visit for a wedding. Her mother must be staying for the honeymoon also!
 
“I'll be fine and don't worry about me. Have a fun time but bring me back some of those cute surfing guys!” They both laughed and Kagome kissed her mother's cheek before running up to her room to call Sango and tell her the news before school started.
 
==============
I know, not the longest but at least it can feed you're hungry demands for new chapters.
Now I am going to bed.
Goodnight