InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 13 Ways to Kinda Say I Like You ❯ 1, Knittin' Mittens ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay, here's the first chapter and Kagome's own unique interpretation of the contents within. Hope that you all like this and feel that it is up to the standard of my other crazy stories. First reviewer, I would like you to name an object or phrase that will be included in the next chapter if you want! Love you all, I own no one...they only live under the bed, munching on Crispix and fighting over my Hello Kitty Nuigurumi.

Darth MerMer Momijichan@hotmail.com

Dear Diary...

The first chapter wasn't all that much help...I thought that I had done everything right, but I didn't think that things would have gone as wrong as they did if I had... I wish that everything would have just worked... Perhaps I should have just cooked for him after all. No, all he likes is stupid instant Ramen. I made a veritable feast for him last summer and all he did was scarf it down without a 'thank you' or a 'oh, words can't express how wonderful this meal was, Kagome, please stay with me forever and cook, but more importantly, I love you'. Well, maybe that overreacting a little bit. But it would have been nice for him to have thanked me. Anyway, I guess that the book has 13 chapters for a reason. All the things can work on everyone, that'd be dangerous. Then we'd have people falling for everyone else and then what a mess we'd have. All I have to do is keep trying until I find the right one to make him know that I lo- lo- like him! I won't give up!

Kagome

Knittin' Mittens

Kagome stared down at her handiwork. They really didn't look all that bad, she cocked her head and smiled. A pair of red mittens were slowly being born from the glint and click of her knitting needles. She glanced outside her frosty window. Gloves would be perfect! It was just starting to get cold and Inuyasha always kept his hands covered by his sleeves when he could. This way he would rip at the seems in his hakata anymore.

The book was awesome! I gave instructions on how to do everything and chapter one outlined a number of things that could be given as gifts to show affection. Kagome leaned over and stared down at the passage, her eyes soaking up the words eagerly.

"If you are truly in love with the person, you should feel like you need to give them a piece of yourself. The best way to do this is to make something special for them. Something handmade is something truly special and will be treasured by your special someone forever. Many people think that a simple meal or cookies are best, and not to say that it's not true that food is the way to someone's heart, but I like to believe that something more lasting makes a more lasting impression! For instance, if a girl were to say, knit a boy a scarf, no matter what it ended up looking like, the boy would like it. A scarf shows that you care about their well-being since it keeps a person warm!"

Kagome didn't have time to knit an entire scarf, even if she used all of the precious time she had in her world, she knew Inuyasha would pop in and see it before it was finished. So mittens it was! Smiling at her bright idea that mittens wouldn't get shredded as easily as gloves, Kagome hummed as she finished the last row of stitches on the final furry mitten. She blushed and giggled...this would also give her a reason to hold his hand if her's ever got chilly. Smiling she didn't even hear the window behind her slide open, letting in a cold, clear draft. As the wind swirled around her bare ankles, Kagome realized that the soon-to-be-owner-of-a-brand-new hand-knitted pair of red-fuzzy-oh-so-warm-and-snuggly mittens was standing behind her, looking over her shoulder.

Silver strands of Inuyasha's hair slid over her shoulder as she quickly snatched up the book, heaven forbid that he see a guide book for such a thing. His eyes met her's, curious as to why she had just shoved a book under her bottom. Feh, as if sitting on something made it impossible for him to get it. He raised an eyebrow, ready to demand why she hadn't come back to the Sengoku Jidai yet. But before he could utter a word, Kagome stood up and pushed what looked like a set of fat furry caterpillars into his hands.
"Um, these are for you...I made them." Kagome blushed as bright as the mittens and looked down.

Stunned into silence, he glanced from the blushing girl, to his hands and back again. The initial shock was wearing off and a sense of panic was starting to inch into his mind. What in the world were they?! The felt good on his calloused hands, but he had no idea what to do with them. And if Kagome caught him simply looking at the things, she'd get mad and sit him through the floor and into the kitchen below.

Kagome bit her lip...did he like them? She shook her head, this wasn't the time to be all timid! She came right out and asked, "Well, do you like them?" She stared down at his feet...why was he hoping around like that?

Think, think, THINK! His brain screamed at him. "O-of course!" He stuttered. Oh, gods she was going to look up. Inuyasha did the only thing he knew to do and slid the fuzzy things on.

As Kagome looked up, her smile froze on her face. "Uh...Inuyasha..."

He tried hard to look as pleased as he could, but he knew he looked ridiculous with the things on.

Stifling a giggle, Kagome wished she had a camera...this was too priceless. Inuyasha, son of the great Dog God of the East was standing in her bedroom with a brand-new hand-knitted pair of red-fuzzy-oh-so-warm-and-snuggly mittens firmly fitted over his ears. Finally laughing, Kagome reached out. "No, you wear them on your hands silly!" She gently pulled the mittens off his flicking ears, and slipped them over his hands. "See?"

Inuyasha blinked and held his hands up in front of his gold eyes. "Wow, they're so warm..."

Kagome blushed again... "I'm glad that you like them. Are you ready to go back?"
Silenced by the kind gift, he nodded. Still staring at his hands and wiggling his thumbs, he felt Kagome clamber onto his back.

Tucking her knees securely around the hanyou, Kagome smiled and ran her fingers through his long silky hair. Wow, the book was working really fast...Kagome thought to herself. He really seemed to like the mittens.

Inuyasha snapped out of his fuzzy thumb trance and wrapped his hands around Kagome's legs and leapt out the window. But halfway down, he felt her slip. He desperately grabbed for her legs again, but again her smooth skin slipped out of his grasp, white skin sliding effortlessly over the red wool. In a last ditch effort to keep from dropping her, Inuyasha started as his sharp claws tore through the loving stitches that Kagome had made for him.
Letting out a little yelp of surprise Kagome fell off his back and fell the last three feet to the ground only to land unceremoniously on her rump on the cold hard ground. In a flash Inuyasha was by her side, eyes worried.

"Kagome, are you okay?!" He was trying to look over every inch of her without her seeing his hands and her ruined gift. His heart beating hard in his chest, he peeked at his hands and choked back what almost felt like tears for the shredded mittens.

Black hair covering her face, Kagome tried to stand. Her legs still numb from the fall, she tipped and started to fall. Inuyasha's strong hands shot out to catch her and cradled her before she had another encounter with the ground. A strong wind whipped Kagome's hair out of her eyes, and they fell right on Inuyasha's hands. Claws poking out of the tops of the furry crimson wool, Inuyasha grimaced and snaked his hands back up his sleeves.
In that instant, Kagome felt her fragile hopes shatter like ice crystals. No mittens, no holding hands in the cold, no warm hands and fingers for Inuyasha...sniffing, she too gulped down her disappointed tears and looked up.

"I'm sorry Kagome..." He opened his mouth and then continued... :"I really liked them...I just guess that maybe I shouldn't wear them..." He scratched at his head, unsure of what to say.

Kagome's eyes slowly lit, he said he liked them...that was a start. Her chin slowly raised. "I understand. It wasn't your fault." She smiled...oh, well there were still 12 chapters in the book. If the first chapter worked every time what use was the rest of the book? She glanced up to see Inuyasha staring forlornly at his hands. Weaving her hand into his she said, "Don't worry. In my time, it's very stylish for you to cut out the tops of your mittens!"

His gold eyes lit up. "Really?" A small smile started to overthrow his sad frown. Wow, he was stylish and he was wearing a one of a kind pair of me-tens made by Kagome. Puffing up his chest he tossed the me-ten maker onto his back and grinned. "Let's go home!" He leapt towards the well.

Kagome nestled into his back and thought. "Just you wait, Inuyasha, I'll get your heart yet!" She clutched at the precious book, hidden under her blouse and grinned.

Okay...sleepy...going to bed. Hope you all liked it...hope there aren't too many spelling errors! Love you all, goodnight!
Darth Mer Mer