InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 13 Ways to Kinda Say I Like You ❯ 3, Sweet Smell of Defeet ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A short chapter…Gomen! Consider it a nibblet…the ideas you all gave me were spectatular and I am trying to get them in. It'll take a little bit of time, though. Love you all, I own no one, they only live under my bed futzing with the air conditioning.

Darth Mer Mer, oh look! New email! DarthMerMer@hotmail.com make me happy, test it out! I WILL respond!

Dear Diary,

I am writing this as I plan my next strategy. He's asleep now…I'm not really sure why he's in here but he is. But little does he know that he's fallen into my plan perfectly. Chapter 3 is a milestone that will render the rest of the chapters useless, I just know it!

Kagome

The icy, soft light of dawn dripped down through the slatted window of Kaede's hut. A sliver of silver light inched its way slowly until it poked at the edge of Kagome's dark lashes. The girl huddled further into her coverlet, curling around the warmth her body had made below the downy quilt. Drifting slowly out of her dreams her sleepy eyes fluttered open. Kagome parted the dark curtain of her hair away from her eyes and watched as her breath crystallized in the morning air.

Glancing at her companions she noticed that everyone was still sleeping. Kaede-baachan was snoring peacefully next to Sango, who's arm was around Kirara. Miroku was on the other side, with Shippou tucked securely under one arm, mumbling something about Sango's bottom while stroking the kitsune's head. But what had really surprised her was the fact that Inuyasha was quietly dozing in the corner, leaning on his sword as he slept. Biting her lip, her eyes lit up and she darted under the coverlet again.

Somewhere in her book, she had read how to take advantage of this situation. She tented the covers just a smidgen so the first rays of light could fit under the bed with her. She flipped through the pages of the book until she found the bookmark. On the small slip of paper was Inuyasha's haiku. "As the sun sets low, I can see you, eyes like flames…" She had folded down the last line, it was more romantic if she didn't have to face the fact the entire poem dealt with food…Carefully tucking it away, she began to read.

"Now, many people think that huge and extravagant displays of affection are the way to get someone's attention. Myself, having a husband and a marriage that has weather through many perils, trips to China and an arranged marriage for our son, do not agree with this. Many may end up even embarrassing the person they are trying to tell their feelings to. Most of the time, it is the smaller things that people don't even know about that can boost your courage for a more direct approach later." Kagome pillowed her dark head on her arm as she rolled the concept around in her mind. So, even things that might go unnoticed were a good idea, huh?

Ever so slowly she poked her head out from under the covers. Her dark eyes flitting to the serene face of the dozing Inuyasha. He must be tired, to be sleeping like that, she thought. He also had to be freezing in the cold air of morning. She tilted her head as her hair fell in front of her face. Well, he didn't look too cold, he was half demon after all. Sighing, her breath dancing with the stands and tendrils that tickled her cheeks, Kagome rolled to her side.

The sun striped his hair dark gray and glowing white as the chill air slipped icy fingers through the window slats. His face, peaceful in sleep, seemed much younger than he usually looked. Kagome bit her lip…something unnoticed. What in the world? If she did something that he would never notice, where did that leave her. She didn't think it would make her braver, it would only make her angry. Bowing her head in defeat she knew that her imagination would only run away with itself again, leaving her behind to believe that Inuyasha was insensitive not to notice something that was supposed to be unnoticeable. She spared a moment to blow on her cold hands as the started to sting. As her breath tickled her smarting fingers, the idea hit her like a strike of lightening.

For a moment she hid, letting the idea form and bloom in her head like a late cherry blossom. It was perfect…and he'd never know that she had done it. If he did wake up, she could pretend to be asleep and then he'd think he did it by accident. She grinned and evil glint in her eye, and if he did think that, he'd be too embarrassed to say anything about it! The answer lay in his feet…

They were his only opening. That and they were the only piece of skin exposed at the moment other than his face. They had to be cold…in her mind she could hear them, their pleas falling on deaf puppy ears. "Oh, Inuyasha, we're sooooo cold…" The right foot turned to the left, "He can't hear us, Lefty…what should we do?" The right foot turned to Kagome, "Look, maybe that girl Kagome that we walk with all the time would help us!" The both turned and beckoned with the toes who joined the chorus. "Kaaaagoooome! Help keep us warm!"

She shook her head, wow, it must have been earlier than she though. Peeking back above the edge of her blanket, the feet had returned to normal feet again. She re-read the passage in her book and scribbled a few notes in her diary. Rallying her courage, actually she had to yank it out of a corner in her id, she gathered up her bedding and scooted towards the sleeping hanyou. In her mind, she was sure that this was going to work and each step she took, the grandness and sheer brilliance of her idea grew and expanded until she was positive that the answer to get true love was as simple as being an overrated foot warmer. She silently curled up next to the dreaming half demon. Quickly tossing her blankets around both herself and his feet, she feigned sleep to make sure the feel of a warm blanket didn't wake him.

The warm gooey feeling in her chest expanded into a sea of warm fuzziness. This was sooo romantic! His feet were nestled in the crook of her shoulder, her hair draping over them in a soft cover. Her heart started to beat in triple time. She giggled as she felt his feet slowly get warmer now that she was near. Then she stopped.

She waited…

A minute passed.

She sniffed...

Her smile started to wilt a bit…

Something smelled…

Something smelled really bad.

The smell was coming from his feet…

His feet smelled like…well, it wasn't something that a lady would say…

Her eyes started to cross as the smell wafted out of the covers and assaulted her nose. She very slowly started to scoot away…strike chapter three, she thought crossly. Gods, now all she could think about was trying to wash out her hair…Still mumbling grumpily she fell back asleep, her fingers poised on the page that started chapter four… it was titled, "Common Interests."

To be continue…

Hi guys, I hope you all don't think this one is below par…school's started again, and It's sucking the creativity out of my soul faster than a four year old with a pixie stick. Leave feedback if you want…for this one I won't blame you if you don't. G'night, love ya! Darth Mer Mer