InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Shards of Jaken ❯ Unsung Hero ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha.
 
Theme: Death
 
Genre: Drama/Tragedy
 
Unsung Hero
 
The world didn't care.
 
His death was an insignificant blip in the grand scheme of things.
 
He wasn't a powerful overlord or a legendary warrior. He had neither legions of mighty followers, nor scores of beautiful women throwing themselves at his feet.
 
History does not remember those who lead simple lives. They enter the world with little fanfare, and they leave unnoticed.
 
Indeed, when the great battle for the Shikon no Tama was over, who would remember such a minor player? He was neither the dashing hero, nor the terrible villain. He was too small, too weak, too foolish. His part was irrelevant. His life was trivial.
 
No matter that he had been an excessively loyal servant. No matter that he had been a faithfully protective caretaker. No matter that he had died an honorable, brave death, protecting someone he loved, someone smaller and even more vulnerable than he.
 
No one cared.
 
Except for a dog demon and a human girl.
 
They stood silently at his grave. The girl knelt before it, and placed a flower on the fresh soil.
 
The tombstone read simply:
 
Jaken
 
He was loyal.
 
He was loved.