InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Shards of Jaken ❯ Destiny ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Theme: Jewel
 
Genre: General
 
Destiny
 
Sesshomaru was leaning against a tree. He sniffed the air, and narrowed his eyes, his mind racing with thoughts of Naraku and his nearly complete Shikon no Tama, while Jaken lay curled up on the ground, snoozing peacefully with an odd grin plastered on his face.
 
After all their long pursuits for Naraku, it was only natural that eventually he would come to consider claiming the Shikon jewel for himself.
 
And once he had the jewel, nothing could stand in the way of his destiny.
 
There he'd stand, tall and proud, silver hair waving majestically in the wind, casting a dispassionate gaze while weak underlings cowered in fear of his sheer magnificence. He wouldn't be just Lord of the Western Lands—no, every corner of the country would fall under his steadfast rule! Demons and humans alike would come from afar to bow before him, to grovel at his feet, to beg for favors. If he felt magnanimous, they would merely be ignored. If he felt bored, they would suffer the cold embrace of his sword.
 
People would chant his name from far and wide, singing its praises with wholehearted servitude: Lord—
 
“Jaken!”
 
Jaken's eyes snapped open. He could feel drool running down his chin. Quickly he wiped it away with the back of his hand.
 
“Wake up. I've caught Naraku's scent. We're leaving.”
 
Ulp—yes, Lord Sesshomaru, right away!” Jaken got to his feet, almost tripping over himself in his haste. He ran after Sesshomaru, who had already started departing.
 
Rin was riding along on Ah-Un's back. She gave him a quizzical look. “You were smiling in your sleep, Master Jaken. What were you dreaming about?”
 
Sesshomaru smirked. “Something simpleminded, undoubtedly.”
 
Blanching a bit, Jaken put on a fake smile and chuckled half-heartedly. “That's right, Lord Sesshomaru. You know me. No big aspirations whatsoever.”