InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Shards of Jaken ❯ Pass it On ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Theme: Gift
 
Genres: Humor/Gen
 
Rating: K
 
Pass it On
 
Sesshomaru was deep in contemplation. For Sesshomaru, “deep in contemplation” meant staring in the distance on a hilltop or a cliff or a meadow. Today it was a meadow.
 
While he was lost in thought, his companions busied themselves. Ah-Un grazed in the background as Kohaku marched around the field, restless. He spotted a flower, the prettiest he'd ever seen, and picked it out of boredom. He was about to toss it over his shoulder when Rin ran past him chasing butterflies, and he had a better idea. “Here,” he said, handing it to her.
 
Rin smiled. “Thanks.” She stuck it behind her ear, and resumed the chase. One of the butterflies flew over to where Jaken was sitting, and landed on top of his head. Rin giggled. Jaken shooed the butterfly away, grumbling. He looked too gloomy for Rin's taste, so as soon as he wasn't paying attention, she stuck the flower in his cap, and went on her way. It certainly brightened his appearance, if not his demeanor.
 
When Sesshomaru told them it was time to go, he gave Jaken a look. “What is this?” he said, picking the flower off Jaken's head.
 
“Huh? Oh, that silly Rin must have done that. You can keep it, Lord Sesshomaru.”
 
Sesshomaru put on a visage of resounding disinterest. What would he want with a flower? He held out his hand. “Ah-Un, come here…”
 
Ah and Un smacked their lips happily. That was the most delicious flower they'd ever eaten.