InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Better Life ❯ The Demon Within ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: A Better Life

Rating: R

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Inuyasha, Even though every day of my life I wish I did.

Notes: The first part of this chapter may seem very familiar. Well it should be, the first part is from an episode of Inuyasha, the reason I put it in here is so you could have an understanding of what the situation is.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

Chapter One: The Demon Within

A large demon fell to the ground as it's blood seeped from it; it was a large moth demon. It slowly turned to get up and looked at his attacker. The moth looked into his blood read glowing with confusion and disbelief. There was no way he could be that powerful, he was just a worthless half-breed. Yet now he was glowing with the aura as powerful as the moth's, no, even more powerful. His attacker grinned as he cracked his knuckles and ran towards him. The attacker's claws ripped through the moth as if he were wet paper. The attacker stood there as chunks and bloody pieces of the moth demon fell to the ground.

The wind blew the attacker's long silver hair, revealing that he had purple marks on his cheeks and was laughing slightly to himself, while some men near the edge of the village, who were bandits working for the moth demon, gazed at him with great fear in their eyes. After seeing how easily the attacker disposed of their leader they turned as fast as they could and started running for their lives. The attacker lunged at them with demonic speed. The slow runners in the back of the crowd were the first to perish by the attacker's claws. Then the attacker quickly stuck the ones that tried to flee on horses. He kept this up until there were only three bandits left, which he jumped in front of while they tried to make it to safety. They dropped to their knees and started begging for their lives and saying that they were just following orders and that they were all very sorry.

The attacker just laughed as he raised his claw up reading himself to attack. Luckily for them something at that exact moment caught the attacker's attention. He jumped away and landed in a clearing outside of a near by forest. There stood another figure; he had the same long silver hair as the attacker but had different type of ears. He also had a large white fluffy thing attached to his right shoulder. The figure slowly drew a blade as the attacker sprinted towards him. When the attacker got close to the figure's blade It's aura shined as it pushed him back and cut him in multiple places. The attacker, no matter how badly he was getting injured, kept attacking the other figure. After a while the attacker was standing a few feet away from the figure and was bleeding badly enough to kill any normal human. They stood there, staring at each other, at a standoff waiting for the other to move. Suddenly the attacker leapt at the figure while the figure drew his blade in front of him and muttered something about how half-breeds should know their place and grovel for him. The blast from the blade's aura sent the attacker flying back onto the ground, where he laid unconscious.

The figure started to approach the attacker to deliver the final blow when a young woman ran over to the attacker and leaned over him with tears in her eyes. She turned towards the figure who was now blocked two other people, one was a man in a purple robe, and the other was a girl carrying a giant boomerang over her shoulder. The figure looked at the humans in front of him; he could easily kill them all and then kill the attacker, who happened to be his brother. He decided not to kill his brother because why would he kill him when he was in this state of rage and did not even know himself, but only knew how to kill until killed. The figure turned and left through the forest and the people protecting the attacker lowered their weapons and ran over to their unconscious friend. The girl, who was glad the figure let them live, quickly shoved a sword into the attacker's hand which caused his eyes to change from solid red to normal amber and the purple marks on his cheeks to fade away.

Slowly the attacker sat up, but not with rage and madness on his face, but sadness and guilt as he stared at the field full of lifeless corpses. He lifted his hand and looked at it, it was covered in blood that he knew was not his. A young boy from the village started to approach the attacker but the villagers, who had been killed by the moth and his bandits, grabbed him, warning him that the attacker would tear him to shreds. The boy pushed the other people away and yelled at them that he would not kill them and that he only kills bad men like the people who attacked their village.

The attacker flinched when he heard this and shook his head, "I didn't kill those men, I hunted them down and slaughtered them all."

---------------------------------------------

Kagome slowly reopened her eyes, releasing her from that memory. She had wished to herself that that memory was just her imagination but it really happened and just moments ago too. She picked up her large yellow bag and opened it. After digging through it for a while she found a small cloth and took it out. She then stood up and walked away from the campfire and towards a nearby river. In the river was the attacker, who even though Kagome wished it wasn't, Inuyasha. He stood in the middle of the river splashing his hands in and out of the water while trying to rub something off of them. `I can't get the smell of blood off of my hands, it's sickening'

Inuyasha turned and walked out of the river and sat on the bank, looking into it, while Kagome sat next to him. She sat there for a while and then handed Inuyasha the towel, "Here."

Inuyasha glanced at it for a moment then back at the river, "I don't need it…"

She dropped the towel to the ground and looked into the river as well. Inuyasha glanced at her sad and depressing face, "What's the matter? Don't act so sad, I don't care what I did to them."

Kagome looked into his eyes, "Don't kid yourself."

Inuyasha lowered and his head and stared at nothing, `She's right, I do care.'

He broke out of thought when he felt Kagome gently lean against him, resting her hands on his shoulders. He raised his hand and rested it on hers, `I can't even remember what happened and next time I transform I may come after you with these claws Kagome.'

They sat there for a while until Inuyasha sniffed and could still smell the blood on his hands. He looked upon them with disgust, "Feh, my hands still reek of human blood."

Kagome looked at his hands, to her they looked perfectly clean, but to someone like Inuyasha he could still probably smell the blood. She then suddenly came upon an idea, "Hey Inuyasha?"

Still looking into the river he responded, "Hmm?"

"If you want, you could come to my time and take a good bath, which would get rid of the smell." She said trying to help him knowing that he would probably say no.

Inuyasha said nothing and kept gazing into the river as if lost in deep thought.

Kagome slowly released his shoulder and started to walk away when she heard Inuyasha whisper, "Do you think that if I use the jewel to become a full demon that I would be like that?"

Kagome thought about it, "Well, I don't really know, that form is caused because your demon blood takes over your body, but if you use the jewel you may have some control over it."

Inuyasha stood up and walked over to her, "I am not willing to take that chance."

Kagome nodded and turned towards the forest, in which the others were camped, but once again Inuyasha stopped her, "Wait, about going to your era, can I still go?"

Kagome nodded, "Of course."

"Good." Was all Inuyasha said as he picked Kagome up and ran quickly towards the well.

"Wait, shouldn't we tell the others were we are going?" Kagome asked about half way there.

"No, they're smart, they'll figure it out," Inuyasha responded.

In a matter of moments, even though they were very far from the well, they entered the well's clearing. Kagome got off of Inuyasha's back and walked over to the well.

"Kagome, wait." Inuyasha said as she was about to climb down the well.

"What is it?" Kagome asked, now sitting on the edge of the well.

She looked at Inuyasha, who was blushing for some reason, as he walked over to her and quickly pushed his lips onto hers. Kagome was in utter shock of what was happening, `Inuyasha is KISSING me!' Inuyasha broke away after what seemed forever to Kagome but was actually only a few seconds. He then took her hand and jumped down the well before she could ask why, `Why? Why did Inuyasha kiss me?'

--------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

Please Review so that I know if this is good or not.