InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Bit of Child's Play ❯ Secret Revealed! ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

(Intercepts) I do not own Inuyasha, or Sesshomaru (weeps), or the others (sniff)
 
Recap: Sesshomaru meets Mizamique but `tis very brief (Pouts) he makes his threats but the guardian has threats of her own. What, could she mean by her guarding Katie for all time? And why would her death seal Sesshomaru's fate? Only time and patience will tell, Will Sesshomaru follow his brother's little group, or will he ignore curiosity and go about his own business?
 
Katie finally reveals her “illness” problem to the group; will she ever tell them the whole truth?
 
~:~~;~~:~
 
Inuyasha stood suddenly, “Keh,” He broke the harsh silence, “Let's go, but I'm not going to protect you.”
 
“That's fine, Mizamique is my guardian, she will keep me from harm, so you won't need to,” she replied coldly, slightly offended by the remark. Who said she needed his protection anyway? She walked past the Hanyou and huffed in irritation as the others slowly followed, interested in her behavior. She sighed knowing that she was slowly losing the battle of control a little each time she fought the monster within her. No matter how much she begged or how much she fought she could not contain the thing's ever increasing hunger. Only screams could satiate that hunger, but only for a moment. She looked to the stars, not knowing that someone else was looking at those same stars as well.
 
~~
 
Sesshomaru, eyes skyward, glared wondering all the while why he was following his brother's small group, why? He thought, why, would I care about what happens to… his thoughts paused as he looked down spotting the youkai he had met. She was in demon form walking next to a human, he noticed, so this human is her charge? She stopped and looked around her eyes seeming to settle on him. He shivered, suddenly uncomfortable. Something about her set off alarms in his head. Something wasn't quite right. He growled slightly, defiantly, almost. She looked away. Maybe she hadn't seen him but had she felt his presence? Impossible, there was no way she could have felt his presence. He hid it so well. Sesshomaru leapt from the tree he had been standing on landing in front of Jakken and Rin, whom was sitting on Ah Uhn. He then began to walk. “Rin stay here, Jakken stay with Rin.”
 
“Ok Sesshomaru-sama,” Rin replied.
 
“But Sesshomaru-sama,” Jakken said plaintively as the Taiyoukai disappeared from view. The wind blew his hair around sweeping it back as he ran at full speed. He leapt up every once in a while to check his brothers progress or to call Ah Uhn to a new location. He did this for a few days, waiting, Waiting for what? He wondered. What could he, Sesshomaru, want from this female? Answers, He finally admitted. Finally, the moment he had been waiting for, came at last. The female left the group heading off in… he stopped. She was coming toward him. Sesshomaru's heart skipped a beat as he leapt down from the tree. He watched as she ran past him with inhuman speed. He followed as fast as he could.
 
He stopped finally in a clearing where the girl had stopped. She was gasping, her brown curls covering her face from his view. The girl threw her head back suddenly, falling to her knees and crying out as though in pain. The smell of youkai filled the air suddenly erasing any evidence of there ever being a mere human indeed she was different from ordinary humans. He watched unable to hold back the stunned expression as her form changed to a slim werewolf form and draconic wings sprouted from her back. Her scream turned to a growl of satisfaction. The creature's blue-green eyes fell on Sesshomaru. He felt so small and a gasp of fear escaped his lips. Its eyes flashed as it sat before him.
 
“Hello, my Lord,” the feminine voice purred, mocking his title. He growled, pushing away the fear that threatened to swallow him whole. “Ah, a strong one, you are, being able to resist my `charms',” she laughed coldly.
 
“What are you?” Sesshomaru glared at the creature before him.
 
“My host, calls me a taint,” the eyes closed slightly showing the glee she felt from this conversation, “Why don't you tag along as well, Lord..” she waited for him to give her his name.
 
“Sesshomaru,” He growled.
 
“Pleasure,” she replied, then motioning to her self, “I, am Katira.” She stood spreading her wings. He felt the fear subside. “Well Lord Sesshomaru, allow me to show you how I have a good time.” She teased looking back with amused, hungry eyes.
 
~~
 
Lord Sesshomaru did follow her. This pleased Katira to no end. He greatly amused her. Somehow, he had resisted most of her spell and then, almost, fought it off completely in retaliation. A laugh escaped her lips as a village appeared in front of them.
Sesshomaru had to transform in order to keep up with her speed. Katira was a bit faster than him in his human form but now he had no trouble keeping up with her speedy flight. She dove over the village listening to the screams that filled the night and her power. Her guardian turned to human form suddenly waiting. Katira laughed now the game would begin as she summoned shadow bolts that then rained down towards the village.
Sesshomaru's eyes widened turning back to his human form. He stopped a few of the deadly bolts with Tokijin while Mizamique rushed around stopping as many as she could from hitting their mark. The Western Lord did all he could to stop her from killing the innocence. Is this what Mizamique was talking about? he wondered, suddenly. He stopped as he watched the guardian take a bolt head on, using her own body as a shield. She fell to the ground, clutching the spot where the bolt had hit her and gasped in pain. He watched as Katira, gave a roar of anguish then watched as she changed back to human girl. The girl sighed and began to fall.
Mizamique couldn't move, “No, Katherine,” she yelled trying to get up. Sesshomaru was the faster snatching her from the sky and landing on the ground to Mizamique's right. His heart was racing but his face showed no emotion. He wondered why he had cared whether or not the female lived or died. He waited as Mizamique found her feet and then began to walk. The lesser demon followed limping the whole way. He growled lightly so lightly the other did not, could not hear it. How did that creature make me feel such a weak emotion! His exclaimed, eyes glaring at the darkness ahead, fear. He stopped growling and continued to display his usual emotionless façade. Sesshoumaru's mind continued to reenact the events that had occurred only moments before and then decided. He would find out more when the woman awoke.
Rin and Jakken were fast asleep when Sesshomaru found them. Rin was lying at an odd angle near the fire and Jakken was sitting against a large tree root. He laid the female, in his arms, near the fire but not to close. Then he moved Rin a little farther from the fire being uncomfortable with her position and nearness. He sighed silently and watched as Mizamique fell to her knees unable to hold her own weight any longer. He lifted her not too roughly but not very gently either and pulled her over to the fire setting her down near enough to feel the warmth. The guardian looked at him surprised. Why, would he even think of helping her? Then she glared realizing that he wasn't attempting to help. He just wanted her in his sight as he watched Katie, waiting. What is he waiting for? She asked herself. Her eyes became heavy and could not fight the sleep that soon took her away to the depths of her imagination, into the darkness. It had never been this complete.
Lord Sesshomaru did not drift off. His mind was still going over those events and questions that would plague him until this female answered them. `And she will answer them,' he thought already thinking of ways to force the answers from her. He could kill her now and be rid of the menace to his lands. His thoughts left the subject almost as soon as he had thought it. It made him nervous. What if he couldn't kill her? Again his mind changed subjects on him now thinking of two or more different things. He didn't fight it, no matter how much he wanted to explore thoughts of her death. Did he even want to?
His thoughts stopped, a deafening silence, settled over him no thoughts dared disrupt the ringing that took dominance over his hearing. He stood his breathing becoming slightly ragged as he realized where his eyes had settled, her. The girl whose name was not clear to him was the target of his icy gaze. What did that demon call her? Katherine? He closed his eyes. Yes that was it, Katherine. He leapt up to the top of a nearby tree to watch the stars and moon almost as if asking them for some sort of guidance. The Taiyoukai always admired their silence.
Katie came to very slowly. Once at full awareness she looked around hoping to see Kagome's friends but the sight that greeted her instead did not surprise her too much. She stood and began to walk towards the edge of the camp but was stopped by a sudden movement above her. Katie looked up, watching the demon fall towards her. She couldn't move, couldn't breath. He was so beautiful even as he landed lightly in front of her. “Katherine?” he asked. The light natural growl that graced his voice rolled over her. She nodded slightly, still stunned, and then shook her head.
“Who are you?” she asked.
“I,” he was more than a little annoyed having had to repeat his name, “Am Lord Sesshomaru.”
“You…y-you tried to kill Kagome!” She began to back away slowly, painfully slowly. He could smell her fear. His hand shot out grabbing her arm just enough to stop her. She didn't try to break away, and did not resist when he suddenly pulled her into his arms. Katie's heart began to beat wildly in her chest. She was terrified. He breathed in her scent, smelling the sweet mix of fear and…His eyes shot open. She wasn't aroused was she? He released her and she moved back over to the fire to sit down. She was shivering. Sesshomaru cringed, missing her scent already but he resisted the urge to settle himself behind her. He finally decided to lean up against a nearby tree. She looked at him, studying him a bit, suddenly. A shiver traveled the length of his spine but offered no visible proof of any irritation. She walked back to stand in front of him.
“Are you cold Lord Sesshomaru?” He didn't answer. She tilted her head quizzically at him. He sighed inwardly, annoyed by this female.
“No, this Sesshomaru is not cold,” he finally answered. She giggled slightly. He growled low in his throat. The threat didn't faze her. Instead, it caused her curiosity to take over and she scratched a spot just behind his ear. He leaned into her hand. He had never felt so much pleasure from such a simple action. Katie stopped, watching as the haze left his eyes, and surprise took over from there. A sudden wave of dizziness swept through her and she fell, but soon realized she had not touched the ground. She looked up into those golden eyes.
Sesshomaru was sitting cross legged on the ground with the girl in his lap. She tried to sit up but he stopped her.
“Sleep,” he commanded. She smiled and obeyed.
 
~:~~;~~:~
 
Sneak Peek: If only he hadn't been so careless this wouldn't have happened! Or would it have? He shook the thoughts away he shouldn't have said what he said, if only he would have known this would happen.