InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Bit of This and That ❯ Understanding ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Title: Understanding
Rating: PG (for the word 'bastard')
Pairings: implied Inuyasha/Kagome, and remembered Inu no Taisho/Izayoi
Genre: Introspective/Romance/slight Drama
Word Count: 200
Summary: Love is more than words.
A/N: Forgot to upload this a while ago… Hehe…
Original Upload On: February 24, 2005
~-----------------------------------~
 
 
It was only a soft brush, the way she had touched his hands. The words she had spoken, tenderly, left a trembling feeling of wonderment in his heart even now.
Inuyasha...I understand...
It was in these words he heard all he needed to hear. The one who understood him, who loved him...it was his duty to protect her. He couldn't utter such words - ones of love and care; of understanding and devotion; not when his obligation, unfinished, was to another.
Inuyasha...I understand...
Fate had taunted him from the very beginning - a hanyou, a bastard child with mixed heritage - outcast and misunderstood. Always to be hunted and always the first to be blamed.
Inuyasha...I understand...
The memories of his parents faded each day, but there were three truths he had learned from them.
Love was more than words.
In love, there is protection; they had suffered in their love for each other, and in their love for their child. In love, there is understanding; they had been in love. 
The sword at his hip was proof enough. His father had it forged for one reason: to protect the one he loved.
He swore he would use it for the same reason.