InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Come one Come all its TESTING DAY ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
 
Walking into the building the first thing you noticed was the silver walls with dark blue curtains and the floor was marble tile with inlaid golden spirals. The receptionist's desk was real wood polished and stained to a rich warm golden yellow. Behind the desk sat a woman all prim and proper in a light gray suit jacket and white top. Her light brown hair was pulled back into a tight bun that highlighted her high cheeks bones and full lips. Her eyes gave her away though and even without my powers I knew she was youkai, for they were orange as in a flaming orange. Her cool and collected voice startled me from my stare.
 
“Another for testing?” her voice was slightly melodic like she was a singer.
 
“Yes, Miss Higurashi, Kagome. She is here for the testing.” my mother replied.
 
“A real virgin? Are you certain Mrs. Higurashi?” her voice which for a moment I thought beautiful became sarcastic and almost seemed to be dripping venom and distain.
 
“Yes.” was my mother's clipped and stern reply.
 
“Hn. All right then I guess we shall see. None this month have been allowed to wear white. So it is a surprise Mrs. Higurashi.” The youkai seemed to come to her senses and tried to make everyone shrug off her attitude.
 
“There was no need for your sarcasm girl. Now lead the way.” my mom's tone brokered for no argument.
 
The conversation puzzled me; I wasn't sure what they meant by me being allowed to wear white. I mean, I was here to be tested wasn't I, weren't we supposed to wear white? But my mind was drawn away from the conversation by the hallway. If I had thought the entrance to the building grand the hallway was awe inspiring. There were hand painted portraits and craving dawning the walls and the floor changed from marble back to the brass laminating the floor but every so often was a mosaic each one a masterpiece depicting the true forms of youkai.
 
Finally we reached a wooden door that was no different from the others that we had passed. The receptionist opened the door and motioned us to step inside. Walking in the room was almost a disappointment from the hallway. The room was white with light blue couches and an examining table on the other side. For a moment panic fluttered in my chest, surely they weren't expecting me to undress in front of my brother! ...gulp...
 
My mom motioned me to sit on the table while she led my little brother to sit down on the couch. There were some magazines on the table that my mom picked up and handed to my brother while choosing one for herself. There was a clock above the door we came in and it read 10 am. We had only left t the house 20 minutes ago time had seemed to stop for me and I was waiting an eternity for someone to show up.
 
Sitting still was never something I had mastered. I was fidgeting within 5 minutes. I wish I had something to do; anything right now would be welcomed. Though before I had to long to start hoping for some accident that would allow me to go home a woman walked in with a male assistant. The woman had bright red hair and red eyes, full lips with light pink lipstick, her make-up done conservatively, and a doctor coat on. The assistant, or at least who I thought was an assistant, wore light blue scrubs and had a non-descript face thin lips, brown eyes and brown hair. He carried a clip board and a pen waiting in his hand. My mother stood up to great them.
 
“Doctor Weaver I presume?” my mom stuck out a hand.
 
“Yes, Mrs. Higurashi. I shall be the examiner today and this is the mind reader Eyrein.” she stated as she shook mom's hand.
 
After that quick introduction she turned toward me and I saw her eyes widen slightly, I think in surprise but made no comment. I glanced at Eyrein and he to seemed surprised though he to said nothing. They approached me and I felt their youki. My power slowly built around me in warning but not yet threatening. Both stopped rather suddenly like a puppet whose strings have been cut.
 
“Do you know what you are doing?”
 
I smirked a little and nodded my head before I spoke, “no one told me what was supposed to happen here and I have no idea what is going on here. I was supposed to be tested and I assumed it would be my blood that was taken and maybe a physical, so why do you need a mind reader? Let alone a Youkai doctor?”
 
“Yes you are to be tested but your mother said you were displaying unusual abilities and wanted to know what was happening. So we were called in to examine you and find out what power you had and see to it that it got trained. A mind reader is a part of all examinations to check the honesty of the answers given by a testing female. But from your previous answer you know what power you have correct?”
 
“I am a priestess. I can sense your youki and I can tell that you madam are a wind youkai and he is a bat youkai. Now what questions do you need answered?”
 
Eyrein grabbed a near by stool and sat down ready to take notes I supposed while Ms. Weaver started the questioning.
 
“Okay. So you know what power you have do you know what you can do with it?”
 
“I know what I can do so far I have very little training.”
 
“Okay could you list for me what you do know?”
 
“Hmm. I know hot to shoot a purification arrow, I know how to sense youkai and magical objects, I once did a counter curse though not sure how, I can make shields, I can purify miasma and some poisons, and I think that's it.”
 
The two doctors exchanged a look that meant something to them but nothing to me and turned back to me. Eyrein exchanged papers for something else while a curtain was drawn between us and the rest of the room. Ms. Weaver walked towards a wall and pulled on a knob that I hadn't noticed before displaying folded gowns. Picking one she turned back toward me.
 
“Change into this while I set up for the physical.”
 
Feeling nervous but with this I knew what to expect. She did the standard testing for response, body tone and fat, blood pressure and such. Finally opening a drawer from the wall she pulled out a syringe and tube.
 
“Now this might hurt.” Ah, an honest doctor good to know. Once the tube was filled she cleaned my arm and labeled the tube before opening a drop tube that my memories told me would go straight to the lab.
 
“Now for some personal information. I want you to think about all the men you know and what you have done with each like kissing, hugging, oral sex, groping, petting, blow jobs, ect.”
 
My face burned with embarrassment with the list of things she mentioned but only hugging, kissing and groping rang any bells. Inuyasha I hugged and kissed once, Miroku groped me, and Kouga kissed me. I couldn't believe she could say that with a straight face.
 
I heard a whistle from behind the curtain. Eyrein spoke up, “She's as clean as a 10 year old Weaver. She hasn't done anything to not have the right to wear white.”
 
Doctor Weaver didn't seem pleased and I wondered why but I didn't get to ask my question as she quickly stated. “Change back into your clothing. We'll be heading to the conference chamber to meet the other testers.” with that she moved to the side and disappeared to the other side of the curtain.
 
“Please excuse us Mrs. Higurashi I have to make a quick call before we head out.”
 
“Okay.”
 
I heard the door open and shut as I finished pulling on my dress again and stepped out from behind the curtain. My mother was smiling very proudly at me. I wasn't sure why so I decided to ask.
 
“Mom why are you smiling like that?” it gave me a creepy feeling.
 
“You'll understand in a very short while dear. You have made me very proud. I knew you would keep your promise.”
 
Promise? I asked myself what she meant.
 
~~~outside at a desk around the corner Dr. Weaver on the phone~~~
 
“Yes, yes, now tell the boss he might want to come down and examine this one, she's a priestess and a complete innocent.”
 
..........
 
“Yes I know it doesn't seem possible but she is.”
 
............
 
“Warn him the rest of the group is complete sluts. But if he wants this one he's going to have to come down here. Her mother knows exactly what this means. She must have read the announcement over 100 years ago how she remembered I don't know.”
 
..........................
 
“I will be leading them and giving out the reading material why we wait for the test result. The last one was sent just a few minutes ago. Have him down here in an hour.”
 
...............
 
Dr. Weaver hangs up the phone and straightens her coat before heading back to the white room.
 
~~~Back with Kagome~~~
 
Dr. Weaver came back in the room holding a pile of booklets under her arm, “Please follow me to the conference room. By the time we arrive the others should be seated and you will have an hour to read the pamphlet that is under my arm before your test results are done.”
 
Following blindly the good dr. (notice the sarcasm) to the conference room the hallway had continued to be as impressive as the beginning. The scenes of youkai never ceased to amaze me. Finally arriving we entered a slightly more impressive room then the white one I was in. Around me the girls were dressed in different colors other then white and I wondered why. When the others looked up they all sneered at me and I didn't understand why. This was all too confusing.
 
My family took their seats and I was handed a pamphlet as I opened the first page I noticed a list of colors:
 
White=pure
Light yellow=1-3
Light blue=4-6
Light red=7-9
Light purple=10-12
Yellow=13-15
Sapphire=16-18
Red=19-21
Purple=22-24
Black=24-unknown
 
Mentioned above are the classes testers are given based on interaction with males white being the least or those still a virgin to black who have the most or have had more then 24 partners.
 
*Please Note:
 
Only those who wear white or the light Yellow may be allowed to become house breeders if they pass the test to become breeders.
 
I very quietly gasped as I read the last part. So that's why the other girls sneered at me. They must think I want to become a house breeder. But what is so special about house breeders? I read on hoping to find out.
 
Breeders are important to society today because they are the next generation givers. While all breeders are compensated for their work in bearing today's children there are a few special places reserved for those who wait until testing.
 
House breeders are the most prized for youkai because if a breeder is still a virgin or at least a light yellow they may be taken at mates. If they are they will remain forever in the household of their choice and shall only have to bear the children of that house. Please note that this means all members of that family and while not paid per child like other breeders they are paid more yearly and have all their needs met by that house. The immediate family of a house breeder also benefits by being given more political power or maybe a larger home near their daughter.
 
I was stunned. Because I waited until testing my family benefited allot and I might become a house breeder for youkai? Why is it so important that I'm pure? I skimmed the rest of the pamphlet but there was no mention as to why it was important to youkai that only white or light yellow girls were taken as mates. All too soon the hour was up. At the front of the room we were asked to line up to hear the test results.
 
The door opened behind us and we heard someone approach and with my powers I knew it was an outrageously strong demon. Out of the side of my eye I caught a glimpse of silver. Taking a shaky breath I waited for the youkai to come in front of us.
 
Standing in the center of the room was someone I never thought to see again. Silver hair just past his upper thigh, same white outfit minus the swords, as I raised my eyes up I saw the same stoic mask and golden eyes. Before I registered what I was doing I whispered his name. “Sesshoumaru.”
 
Eyes quickly turned toward me for a moment then back to the other side. He listed off names and results. But I couldn't hear him. Standing there all I wanted to do was run up and beg to know if Inuyasha was still alive too.
 
Finally coming to stand before me he read off the test results, “Higurashi, Kagome you are 94% genetically pure and are allowed to become a breeder or if you so choose a house breeder.” I wasn't sure what to say so I nodded.
 
Raising an eyebrow he asked me, “Are you agreeing to become a breeder or a house breeder?”
 
Swallowing hard I whispered, “I'm not sure” I felt three inches tall with him standing over me like that. He was still at least a head taller then me and though in the past we had talked him not recognizing me left me feeling a little bit empty.
 
“Come Kagome we shall see what houses are looking for breeders and see if there is one you like and if not then that means you choose to be a regular, ne?” I finally noticed that his voice was soothing and not as cold like the last time I heard him. He walked off slowly allowing me plenty of time to catch up. My mom met me at the door and gave me a quick hug as she whispered in my ear, “Choose carefully dear.” and let me go. I immediately was at a loss realizing that my mom wasn't going to be there to help me. She had seemed to know what was going on while I was lost. Starting to panic slightly I jogged to catch up with Sesshoumaru.
 
 
~~~~End of Chapter 2~~~~