InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Blush, blush where art thou? ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Note to Readers: Sesshoumaru at this point in time does not remember Kagome. There is good reason for this so please follow along.
 
 
The hallway was a continuation of before but I wasn't really paying attention. I quietly studied the Inu youkai as we walked to a near be elevator, his walk was confidant and his back was straight, head straight and his hair swished gently from side to side. I never got to see him really walk back in the feudal era since he and Inuyasha were almost always fighting and on the move but seeing him like this relaxed in my presence and not trying to kill me was comforting. Scenes from the past and remembering the trio that followed him brought a smile to my face.
 
As we reached the elevator he still had said nothing more to me so I decided to start thinking about the questions I wanted to ask about becoming a house breeder. I knew for sure that I couldn't be a regular breeder because I could never just give birth to a child and hand it off. A child that had grown inside of me and then to just give it away? No, there just wasn't anyway to do that. So what do I want from a house? I thought back to what I had read and a house would be near permanent. So I had to be sure I could stand the people I would be kind of working for. I remembered that white females could also be taken as mates? Did that mean something like marriage? I tried to remember if I had any learning of youkai society in my head but either I didn't get a class on it or I didn't remember. Drat! Well I suppose I could ask Sesshoumaru...wait ask ice king? Oh god I was way too comfortable with the new image he presented he still was a lord and above all an aristocrat I had to remember that. One did not go and ask him questions of that nature.
 
But I could ask that any houses be only male that way I wouldn't have to give any children over to another woman and watch her raise them. I knew my mother was counting on me to make a good decision and this is where I either made her proud or embarrassed her before the entire city. Oh goody no pressure....right.
 
~~~meanwhile inside the head of Sesshoumaru~~~
 
He was thinking back to when he first saw the girl that now stood beside him (see Note above*). He was very curious how she had found out his name. For the better part of the past two centuries he and his brother had changed from using their first names to their last Takahashi. It seems that for awhile their names became popular among mothers who had hoped by naming their children after them that he or his brother might come and see the child in vain hopes of either the child or the mother catching their attention. Feh! After the first few it became a race and we both had to withdraw from society for awhile to let the fire die down and so after that they decided by mutual agreement that they would use their last name only. It made running the western and eastern lands easier (will explain this next chapter).
 
The woman had been almost stunning in the white dress and once the others left after he read them the test scores he noticed her scent. By Kami the scent was pure. He could smell her freshly washed body and her natural scent of orchids. Immediately after he read her score she seemed so lost just standing there gazing at him with great curiosity. Usually mikos were afraid of him but not her. When he asked her what she wanted to do, it was almost refreshing to find a woman who didn't just jump at the chance to make large sums of money or throw themselves at him.
 
Her show of respect for his person made him start to wonder if he should call Inuyasha. They had been looking for over a century for a breeder but every time either he or his brother couldn't stand her smell or she was just on the edge of having too many other men's smells mixed with hers. `Let's face it' he told himself `some stayed pure long enough to try and lure them into their beds, sluts the lot of them'. There was just something about this one he couldn't quite place his claw on but it was just a matter of time. Glancing once last time at her before the elevator stopped he noticed her nerves and was glad Dr. Weaver had called him because even if he and his brother didn't agree on this one again he could tell she would need a helping hand to make a good decision.
 
The elevator stopped and they stepped out onto his office Floor (meaning the entire floor is his office, k?). He stopped to watch Kagome look around. He could tell she was probably more interested in the paintings, armor, weapons, and other relics in his office then actually making a decision and for the moment he allowed her roam around touching hesitantly some cases of various items. She slowly made her way towards his desk and stared at the two swords hung on the back wall.
 
“Tenseiga and Toukijin.” Now he was intrigued on how she knew what the name of is swords were. Something about her knowledge perturbed him that she knew so easily the sword of his father and his offensive sword. Curious to find out how much she knew since no information of them had been circulated in human circles he asked, “Are you interested in swords Higurashi? Or just perhaps mine?”
 
She quickly turned towards me face flushing and curious as to why before I realized how she took it. Ah. Her thoughts are not as pure as her body interesting. I decided to see how red she could turn, “I could show you one if you wish after all each is unique in style and length.” Ah.. Her face now was the color of a bright cherry.
 
“No..no..ah..umm..I mean..uh..I t-thought we-we were here to discuss our-I I- mean-my options.” I didn't think it healthy to see a face that red but smirked when I heard her say our. Hmm. maybe she isn't as immune to my looks as I thought.
 
“As you wish. Any questions before we begin?”
 
“Yes actually. I read in the pamphlet that if I became a house breeder that it would be permanent. Permanent how? Like for the rest of me breeding years or like forever?”
 
“House breeders only become permanent if they become a mate. If they are a mate then their stay in that house will become permanent because they will be allowed no other men then the house's.”
 
“No other men? I'm sorry could you explain more? I'm not sure what you mean.”
 
“Do you know what mate means Ms. Higurashi?” a very small shake of her head and a deep blush was his answer. Laughing at the poor girl in his mind he decided to start at the beginning.
 
“Think of the youkai houses this way each has a lead male that chooses a lead female. Now a leader can breed with a regular breeder but a house breeder is prized because she will carry the house's scent and mark. A house breeder can become Lead female meaning that all other descendants must listen to her because she rules the house next to the male or in other words his mate. However, because she is lead female only she can decide who can carry children so if a lower male wants a child with his woman and she did not pass the test then he must go through the lead female. That's what they meant in the reading by being available to the whole family. The larger the house usually the larger amount of money because there are allot of couples waiting for their children.”
 
The blush had to be getting near permanent on her face. I don't think I have ever met such an innocent woman in a long time. Perhaps I shouldn't tease her so. Nah.
 
~~~Backtrack to Kagome's side~~~
 
“Are you interested in swords Higurashi? Or just perhaps mine?” came the smooth voice of Sesshoumaru. Turning to look at him I realized that my mind was in the gutter and blushed. Trying to compose some resemblance of control over my face his next words didn't help.
 
“I could show you one if you wish after all each is unique in style and length.” Again my mind just took his voice as sexy and into the gutter my mind went so much so that I was mortified over the words that came out of my mouth next. “No..no..ah..umm..i mean..uh..I t-thought we-we were here to discuss our-i-i- mean-my options.”
 
Kami but I felt like an idiot. I couldn't believe he didn't laugh at me for my slip. Though I was grateful he didn't laugh out loud I was pretty sure he was laughing hysterically in his mind.
 
“As you wish. Any questions before we begin?”
 
“Yes actually. I read in the pamphlet that if I became a house breeder that it would be permanent. Permanent how? Like for the rest of me breeding years or like forever?” I tried to dance around asking what mate meant but I knew that my words probably were naive at best.
 
“House breeders only become permanent if they become a mate. If they are a mate then their stay in that house will become permanent because they will be allowed no other men then the house's.”
 
“No other men? I'm sorry could you explain more? I'm not sure what you mean.” Now I was confused why couldn't I take other clients then those of the house?
 
“Do you know what mate means Ms.Higurashi?” My face heated to an unbearable red and I shook my head ever so slightly hoping he didn't notice and took my silence as answer. When I glanced in his eyes I saw mischief gleaming and I mean absolutely gleaming at me.
 
“Think of the youkai houses this way each has a lead male that chooses a lead female. Now a leader can breed with a regular breeder but a house breeder is prized because she will carry the house's scent and mark. A house breeder can become Lead female meaning that all other descendants must listen to her because she rules the house next to the male or in other words his mate. However, because she is lead female only she can decide who can carry children so if a lower male wants a child with his woman and she did not pass the test then he must go through the lead female. That's what they meant in the reading by being available to the whole family. The larger the house usually the larger amount of money because there are allot of couples waiting for their children.”
 
My mouth opened and closed like a fish positive now that he choose to explain it that way on purpose. He was teasing me! Mr. Ice had finally lost it and the world had to be ending. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating but still Sesshoumaru making jokes?
 
“You said the female takes the mark and scent of the house? What does that mean?” Okay I know I am asking for it but I need to know damn it! Why oh why did it have to be Sesshoumaru that came today. Any lackey would have sufficed I think!! The gods must hate me, no they must love putting me in embarrassing situations just to see me Blush!
 
“Hmm. Ah the scent and mark of the house are given to a female by the lead male. Would you like details on how this is down Ms. Higurashi? I am sure it would prove to be most informative on how to help a lead male.” I was back to blushing my head was beginning to hurt. His voice stressed the words informative and male. I could figure it out from there now why was I stupid enough to ask that question again? Oh well next topic please!!! Taking deep breaths I calmed myself down the best I could. I was proud when my voice steadily asked.
 
“Okay. Well do you have a separate list for the house's that don't have lead females? And of those do you have a personality profile on the lead male? If I have to stay with one I would like to know that I can put up with him and his family.”
 
He raised an eyebrow in question but turned to his computer and started looking. I was grateful that he had let the previous conversation go and now we were getting down to business.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru~~~
 
Seeing her react so innocently to my innuendoes I knew that Inuyasha would have to come here to see her. While on my computer I logged in to a messenger and started to type:
 
Westernlord: Inuyasha there is a candidate for our house breeder sitting right in front of me. Do you want to come check her out?
 
It took a few minutes before a reply came and as he waited he brought up the lists Kagome had asked for.
 
EasternLord: Finally? You have had the job of looking for over 50 years Sess what took so long? Never mind I know. Yeah I want to meet her. How long she going to be there?
 
WesternLord: We are drawing up house lists as we speak. She is a smart one and almost as pure as a new born babe. I do not know how she has remained so innocent but her smell has absolutely no base male scent and her natural scent is orchids. Be here in 5 hours.
 
EasternLord: That pure huh? Feh. I'll be there as fast as I can. Does this woman have a name?
 
WesternLord: Yes. Her name is Kagome Higurashi. Age 20. Miko.
 
~~~In the eastern offices~~~
 
WesternLord: Yes. Her name Kagome Higurashi. Age 20. Miko.
Inuyasha fell out of his chair reading Kagome's name. Praying to the gods that she was finally back he typed a quick message before he zoomed out the door.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru~~~
 
EasternLord: DO NOT LET HER LEAVE!!
 
Not quite knowing why he would say that but never the less Inuyasha had matured allot over the years and had learned not to say something like that and not mean it. So pondering why was useless till he got here he gathered up the files and handed them to Kagome.
 
“Here are the files you requested. Now I am sure you want to look over these so would you like a late lunch?”
 
~~~End of Chapter Three~~~