InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Stuck with Me now ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Please note that it has been 900 years and with as few visits Inuyasha had to her future and the life he is now used to color the memories of the past. For there are still open towns in the countryside but those are farmer cities versus this the indoor city. And though he could read some from what his mother had thought him writing style had changed and numbers didn't mean much so he didn't read the year she came from. Sorry long note.
 
~~~Back to Where Inuyasha Ran out of his office~~~
 
`Kagome!' it might be her finally! I have waited so long to see her again. I knew she was from the future but Kami this far? I would've appreciated it more if she would have warned me. But that doesn't matter if she is finally here.
 
He paused at his secretaries desk long enough to say, “Going to visit my brother, don't know how long, take over for now, and I'll be back when I can.” all in a rush forgetting all together that he and his brother still like to fight and he left his sword on the wall behind his desk.
 
Thinking fast about the deadline it would be useless to use any transportation other then his own feet. So off he ran clearing the security gate in record time and running full tilt to his brother's office. He brought nothing with him not his cell phone, any money, no I.D., and no spare clothes. He gave no thought to anything other then Kagome. He thought about the few years he had had with Kagome and couldn't wait to tell her how he truly felt all those years ago. He knew he had a lot of making up to do. She had changed more in those four years then he had probably changed since they last saw each other.
 
He realized a long time ago how much money she had spent on him and their friends for all the food she brought, medical supplies, and treats. Four years and some odd months her family had provided things they needed so they didn't have to slow down their journey to earn lots of money or hunt for food. He had taken it for granted then but as he grew older he realized just what she had done selflessly. Even her taking the breaks for her school work were nothing if he actually thought about it a few days every few weeks was nothing to what they would of had to do in labor of earning money or hunting for food. He was ashamed of how he had acted but then again he had never had anyone really give him something before so he had no way of appreciating it.
 
He was also a lot younger then the others; yeah he might have lived longer then any of them but youkai mature and age so much slower then humans. Youkai's bodies grew up like humans until puberty but puberty didn't just last a few years like humans, it could last a decade to a century and even then it didn't mean they were responsible. When he had met kikiyo he had been emerging from puberty and growing into what he looked like now. So hormones played a big part into loving her and not being able to let go. Freezing his body for 50 years didn't help either. It took almost a year or so before his body resumed growing up and by then the others were so used to his mannerisms he saw no need to change until after the wish and he realized he had never told Kagome the truth and he had carried that guilt since then.
 
Redemption for his soul was might be finally at hand so that he could lay the past to rest and hopefully get Kagome to be apart of his life again. Hope was burning in his veins that his pace was faster then he had ever run before. Faster then shard induced Kouga and almost faster then his brothers spirit ball. Only the sweeping wind announced his passage.
 
~~~Back in Sess's office Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
“Lunch sounds wonderful thank you.” I said as I took the files from his hand. I noticed that it was the arm that had gotten cut off and I wondered if it grew back but I didn't see the stripes on his wrist like the other one. I really wanted to ask but I kept quite for he probably wouldn't want to talk about it.
 
“There is a small table over there next to the chair that was on wheels if you would like to pull it over to place those on.” He gestured to my right and there stood a beautifully carved table that was indeed on wheels it only stood a little over two feet high but it was a good two feet wide and at least three and a half long. I stood up and carefully rolled it to the chair I had been sitting in when I heard him on the phone at his desk ordering lunch I thought.
 
“I have to get back to work Kagome but if you have any questions feel free to ask. Lunch will be here in about 20 minutes.” I nodded my head as I sat back down and opened the first file.
 
The first thing I noticed about the supposed personality profile was that it probably wasn't meant for a prospective breeder to read because there were comments every so often on the side of the hand written profile. The profile read `Must have good genes so that good looks are passed on' but the side comment read more like how the person must have sounded `Better be god damn good looking hate to have any ugly children and have to disown them' and so on. The first file was funny with the comments it was scary to think that this was someone looking for a breeder and expected them to be smart and beautiful but dumb enough to put up with such language. After reading the expectations which weren't all that hard but demanding I took a glance at the pay. 2 mil yen a year. 'Wow ' I thought, 'that's a lot isn't it?'
 
Putting that one aside I opened the next reading this one there weren't as many side comments and those that were sounded much better then the first one. Lunch arrived a little after I had opened the second file. I ate slowly and carefully as I continued to look through each file carefully.
 
~~~Sess's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I had really meant to get back to work but I kept glancing at her every now and then to see how she choose her house. I noticed her frown allot at the first one and she barely glanced at the pay roll sheet before moving on. I guess she was serious about choosing one that she could get along with.
 
I looked back at the clock and noted the time. My brother should be here in a little over four hours. I wondered again why he didn't want me to let her leave did he know her by chance? I went to my computer and pulled up her travel records to see if she had made any visits to my home office and could see none. Actually she hadn't traveled much of anywhere which was surprising considering somehow she knew my name and that of my swords. I knew there was little information here about me or my swords. She quickly became a bigger enigma then before.
 
Hours passed and only a few files had been pulled from the stack that I had given her. She had been almost silent as she studiously read each file. I ordered supper for three knowing my brother would be here soon. I could feel the approach of his aura from a little ways outside the city. But then it suddenly stopped just on the outside and before I had enough tie to question why my phone rang.
 
“Hello.”
 
“Sorry to disturb you Mr. Takahashi but there is a hanyou outside....”
 
“Yes let him in.”
 
“uh..okay sir.”
 
I hung up my phone and sighed mentally he must have forgotten his I.D. again. Such a baka. Glancing up I noticed Kagome staring at me.
 
“Something I can help you with Miss Higurashi?” a slight blush and her shaking her head was all I received.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I was reading quietly when the phone rang and I heard Sesshoumaru say to let him in. I wondered who he had meant. I stared at him for a little while noting again that he didn't seem as cold as he used to be when he looked at me. I blushed when he asked if he could help me I just shook my head no.
 
There was a knock on the door frame surrounding the elevator and I heard his voice say `come in' it was supper. There was a table on the far wall that the server went to set up dinner upon. When she was done she asked Sesshoumaru if he needed any thing else.
 
“No that will be all Akia. When the baka arrives just allow him in for there's no need for him to bust down my door again.” The girl nodded and left. “Well Kagome you have been working hard would you like to dine with me?”
 
Of course at the mention of food my stomach decided to betray me by rumbling. I blushed when he raised an eyebrow at it. He walked around his desk an offered my hand up. I took it and he led me to the table and helped me sit. When he took his own seat I noticed there was a third setting and my curiosity could wait no longer. “Who is the third setting for?”
 
“The lord of the East.”
 
“But aren't we in the east?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Then why are you here instead of him?”
 
“We have an agreement.”
 
“What kind of an agreement?”
 
“Every 50 years we spar and who ever loses takes over these offices and testing for the next 50 years.”
 
“I see then what does he do then?”
 
“He runs a lot of other things like trade, industry, the farms, and much more.”
 
“That seems a little unfair to me.”
 
“No it's more then fair. You deal with all the breeders in the city and try to keep all contracts going without ending in lawsuits, or the miscarriages and re-implanting, the social services, the networking of the hospitals and doctors, ect. This is more then a full time job for 5 people but I run it by myself with y staff.”
 
“Oh. How is that harder then doing similar thing for the industries for example?”
 
“He gets assistants that never change they keep things running smoothly he only has to okay the final sales, numbers, transportation, and delivery. That's much less then what I do.”
 
“I see. How long have you had this arrangement?”
 
“About 250 years.”
 
“How times have you lost?”
 
“Twice.” was the answer with a small growl.
 
“I take it you don't like losing?”
 
“No.”
 
“Well what else can you tell me about him?”
 
“He inherited the lands when the previous lord had no children and was named heir because he had lived here and protected the land for so long. We ruled separately for a long while but once mankind became industrialized and the cities began to spring up we decided to switch territories every fifty years to keep a fresh on the money and the trading. But finally the breeding program became too much to divide resources so 250 years ago we had a sparring match that decided who would take care of what. And the rest as they say is history.”
 
I took in the information he said and thought about how large the breeder program must be for it to take someone like Sesshoumaru and his entire staff to run it. I was just about to ask the next question when the elevator doors slammed open.
 
“Kagome!”
 
I turned around and looked into a somewhat more mature face of Inuyasha. I was paralyzed with hope that this wasn't a vision and that he really stood before me. I heard him take a big breath of air through his nose and him mutter quietly, “Kami I have missed her scent.” And then I knew it was he I jumped out of my chair and paid no heed as it clattered to the floor, I took off running and jumped into his arms. I squeezed him as hard as I could and looked down into eyes and then threw caution to the wind and kissed him.
 
At first it was an innocent kiss and I pulled back but then he pulled me close and crushed our lips together as he swept his tongue across my lips and I opened my mouth in surprise. He dove into my mouth battling my tongue like no tomorrow. My body temperature went through the roof as I clung to him. His hand crept to the back on my neck not allowing me to breathe so I quickly learned how to breathe through my nose and battled on.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V. ~~~
 
It took me longer then I wanted to get to his office I didn't bother with the chairs I just jumped floor to floor. I was stopped twice by police officers wondering where I was going so quickly but all I did was mention my name and they let me go. I ran into the building barely sliding to a stop at the glass doors before I pulled them open and continued inside and didn't bother with the receptionist I could smell her scent and followed it to the elevator. The ride up was so slow I was wondering why I didn't take the stairs but finally the door opened and I called out, “Kagome!”
 
A head turned toward me mid bite with her chop sticks. I watched as her hand went limp and they clatter to her plate. I took a deep breath and said to myself how much I missed her scent. The next thing I knew she was flying at me and literally jumped into my arms. My hands supporting her thighs as I steadied myself she looked down into my eyes. The next thing I knew she gave me a quick kiss but lingered near my face. I had not waited 900 years to see her again for such a short kiss. I quickly pulled her back as I slid her feet to the ground and brushed my tongue across her lips. When I felt them open I quickly deepened the kiss. I was breathing through my nose tasting her and smelling her again for the first time in way to long. I am not sure how long we stood there before my youkai blood started to rise.
 
I could feel my youkai blood taking over as I slowly released her from the kiss and couldn't figure out why. She nuzzled into my chest as I nuzzled her neck and only one thought crossed my mind: MINE: I heard my brother clearing his throat and looked towards him.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
When the elevator doors where slammed open I knew who it was. The calling out of her name and her reaction were interesting. I could smell her nervousness when she turned. After a few moments she had leaped out of the chair and into my brother's arms. I watched interested in what kind of relationship they had and was surprised when she kissed him and was shocked when he pulled her back. I sat waiting for them to finish but after five minutes I finally had to clear my throat.
 
I wasn't sure exactly what to say to my brother because I had thought he hadn't found someone he liked to take as a breeder, did he have her in mind for a few years and forget to tell me? I guess that reunion between the two of them solved my question on whether or not he would be agreeable to taking this one as our house breeder. Now how to convince her? However when I looked at my brother his eyes were red and I groaned. He forgot his sword again and now my office was most likely going to be remodeled again after I finally knock him out. Sigh.
 
“Brother release the girl and calm down.” all I got in answer was a growl. The girl turned toward me but still had her arms around him.
 
“What do you mean Sesshoumaru?”
 
“The idiot forgot his sword and his blood his raising. You need to step away so I can knock him out.” She quickly looked up at him and saw his red eyes.
 
“Inuyasha you snap out of this right now or you'll be flat on the ground!” again all she received was a growl as he looked down at her. “Oh you insufferable Youkai!” She jerked free and in the process screamed “Sit Boy!” and down went my brother onto my marble floors.
 
“How woman did you do that?” something tickled the back of my mind.
 
“Huh? Oh you mean how did I `sit' him?” again a groan came to the floor as she quickly bent down mumbling apologies to my brother.
 
“Yes. How did you do that?”
 
“Well you see he tried to hurt me once and Keade collared him with a rosary. She told me to find a word to subdue him quickly and the only thing I could think of was S-I-T because of these cute ears!” She said as she began to rub them.
 
This was getting curious because my brother only wore one necklace and had since we had reconciled and that had been over 900 years ago. But she wasn't that old.
 
“Girl my brother only wears one necklace and has for over 900 years do you care to explain how it is that you claim this Keade collared him for you. I know you are not 900 years old.” a nervous giggle filled the air.
 
“Uh. Well you see do you remember the sacred jewel?”
 
“Yes but how do you? It was destroyed long before now.”
 
“Well that's where you're right and wrong. The jewel was burned with the priestess kikiyo when she died but it was reborn in me her reincarnate. To make a long story short I was pulled down a well to 50 years after Inuyasha had been sealed, woke him up, had the jewel ripped from my side, broke it, got paired up with Inuyasha, an evil witch resurrected kikiyo into a clay doll which stole part of my soul, met our companions, battled Naraku, searched for shards, killed Naraku, made a wish that changed the future and I was born 900 years after I left instead on 500, and woke up this morning with everything changed and came here.” she said in one long breath.
 
Momentarily stunned with the information I slowly thought over what she said and realized that this was the same priestess that I had tried to kill numerous times and battled together with at Naraku's demise. Yet she sat with me almost all day unafraid. Most curious but then it explained how she knew my name and that of my swords. Actually it also explained the about her information she gave the testers earlier also. Slowly things that didn't make sense came to a whole new perspective.
 
“Miko. What exactly did you wish for?”
 
“Heh heh. Well I wished for all my friends to live the rest of their lives happily with their families and that everyone would help conservative the earth.” a very nervous chuckle was given and I could see that she was afraid of how I would take the news. This also explained how my and my brother were able to set aside our differences enough to get along for so long. Clever little miko.
 
“hn.” I turned back to my meal and let them get reacquainted there was time enough to talk about the future though now I was reconsidering having her as a breeder. She was annoying in the past and I was sure that trait hadn't disappeared. But her scent was pure and pleasing and my brother I knew would be agreeable. Why was life never easy?
 
“Come you two and eat the food is getting cold you can eat and talk at the same time.”
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V. ~~~
 
Being slammed into the ground again was not what I had planned when I met Kagome again but then it was probably a good thing considering my blood was getting out of control. I looked her over and noticed the white dress and then remembered that my brother had said he was helping a breeder choose so that must mean Kagome. Kami I hope I can talk my brother into having her become ours. I don't want to lose her again. Especially since Kouga is still around, not to mention any other youkai that will come sniffing when the see her. I guess its back to protecting Kagome again. Ah...just like the old days.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I lead Inuyasha over to the table and sat back down. It was quiet through the meal and I gathered my thoughts together. I looked at the pile that I had placed on the table I had been reading at and pulled it closer. I quickly spread them out looking at the names on the tabs to see if there were any I recognized that I could ask Sesshoumaru about when I saw it. The last folder tab read Takahashi. My heart fluttered in hope as I quickly pulled the file and flipped it open and began to read.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I was eating waiting out the silence when the miko looked at the files again. I watched her as she spread them out as if she was looking for something. I heard her gasp and pull out the final folder which I knew what it was because I had placed it on the bottom for a reason. I looked up at my brother whose hand held the side of the folder and read it. Quickly he turned his face to me and growled
 
: Is this what I think it is? :
 
: If it was so what of it:
 
: You mean you are considering her:
 
: Aren't you? :
 
: Well yeah, but:
 
: This is the purest female we have found in 150 years hanyou. I will not give her up easily just because of our past:
 
: Let me ask her then:
 
: As you wish:
 
We both turned toward the girl as she slowly lowered the file down into her lap.
 
“Is this true? You both need a breeder? Sesshoumaru you are actually offering this opportunity to me?”
 
“Yes,” we said at the same time.
 
“Then if it isn't to forward I accept.”
 
I was surprised at how quickly she decided after spending a better part of a day reading the other files but if she was certain then I wasn't going to ask her to reconsider. I went to my desk and pulled out the contract for her to sign and laid it on the desk along with a pen.
 
“Whenever you are ready.” as I gestured to the contract. She immediately got up and Inuyasha stopped her by grabbing her wrist. I growled at him but he ignored me.
 
“Are you sure Kagome? Once you sign it will be near impossible to break.” I watched as she placed both hands on his face and looked deeply into eyes. After a few moments she gave him a quick kiss and a quicker answer, “I'm sure.”
 
She walked towards me head up and back straight. She leaned forward slightly and picked up the pen. Slowly she wrote her name and when she was done she looked at me once again and stated, “You're stuck with me now.” and smirked.
 
~~~End of Chapter Four~~~