InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ A turning point ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I awoke groggy and with pain along my stomach and my hip. I was slightly dizzy as I tried to sit up from a semi-soft bed. My throat felt like I had cotton in it and my mouth just couldn't get wet. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to focus. I noticed that I was in a room and a curtain surrounded my bed. A hospital bed I realized when I saw the metal sides. `Why am I in a hospital bed?' My memory was foggy on what had happened today. I remembered getting up and going with Inuyasha to the western office. `Oh god he's going to kill me!' I frantically looked around to find him. I wondered if perhaps I hurt him more then I meant to. It was the only thing I could think of.
 
I threw back the covers and tried to lower the side so I could get out but the noise I made in my frustration finally called attention to me. The curtain peeled back to reveal Dr. Weaver I believe her name was.
 
“Inuyasha was right if we didn't keep the knock out gas on you do wake very quickly.” She pulled a small cart from behind the curtain and there were several things on it but I only really noticed the pitcher. I frantically tried to motion that I needed something to drink and she caught on quickly and grabbed a cup and poured a full glass. I guzzled the glass and handed it back to her signaling more. After the second glass I felt normal enough to try and talk though my throat still hurt.
 
“Is Inuyasha ok?” I rasped out.
 
“Oh him. He's fine you just threw him into a wall. The wall suffered more damage then he did. He told us just to keep you under when you fainted to avoid scaring you with your shots and surgeries. There all done now though you had better take it easy for the next few hours.”
 
“He never told me what the surgeries were.” My voice improved a little. The good doctor sputtered.
 
“W-w-what do you mean he didn't tell you! You had an option on one of them.”
 
“He said it was a girl thing but I didn't understand.”
 
“That no good son of a. Never mind. Okay let me start at the beginning then. Women breeders were tired of having to work out all the time to keep from becoming fat so we invented an expander that grows with the child and when you aren't pregnant it shrinks to a very thin strip about a fourth of an inch wide. Because this expands with the muscles the body doesn't store so much weight to fuel the process of developing the baby and growing the skin needed to protect it. After your career as a breeder is done a real quick surgery and it's removed like it was never there, no scar or anything. The expander is durable but some breeders do wear them out but it's really easy to take out and replace it with another.” A slight relief poured over me at that bit of news. I was kind of happy now that I was even further into the future where there were such nice things to avoid weigh gain.
 
“Another one is where we harvest a small amount of your eggs for others who want a genetically healthy child. There also used to inseminate you later after any modifications that your leader wanted done. This way we can choose the sex of the child and some of the characteristics like hair and eye color to name just a few. There are plenty more inside of you to continue your cycles we just borrow the extra.”
 
“We also inject a chemical cocktail into certain organs of your body in the first step of introducing you to the prolong drug. We had to prepare the organs to accept a genetic modification drug otherwise it will lock up your system and kill you.”
 
“Afterwards we gave your body a few vitamin shots and those you have to come in periodically for booster shots. But all that is done now and you didn't have to worry yourself sick over it. In another week or two we will give another prep shot and then the final shot a week after that. It all depends on how your body fast your body changes and adjusts to the drugs.” Though she said it slowly for me to process I was still shocked about all that had been done while I was out.
 
I knew about the prolong but the supposed `harvesting' of my eggs bothered me on a very personal level. Inuyasha or hell Sesshoumaru had some real explaining to do. I handed my glass and motioned for more water. After the refill I looked up at the doctor and something on my face seemed to worry her.
 
“Are you alright Ms. Higurashi?” her tone was kind and to tell the truth she was seemed like a pretty nice doctor. I shrugged my shoulders not really being sure.
 
“Would you like some time alone or should I give Mr. Takahashi a call?” I thought it over for a minute but I needed some time to think so, “Could you wait awhile? I would like to rest some more.” a half-truth.
 
She looked at me closely but I kept my face blank as I could make it. She nodded and pushed the cart next to the bed before closing the curtain. She called out as she was leaving, “I will have to call him within an hour so whatever it is you need to do be done by then.” Okay I take it back she was mean. I leaned back into the bed and thought over what I had been told and what I knew of the breeder program.
 
The whole colors thing made sense because it helped sort out if any got special treatment after being tested like I was. The prolong made sense because we spent our youths giving children to others and a longer life to raise our own a reward of sorts. I don't like the `harvesting' it makes me feel like I am a piece of land and not a person. I also don't like how they are most likely going to modify them. What ever happened to kami's choice? Not that I could stop them now though. The expander was something I wasn't expecting but helpful and if what she said was true about it being able to be removed without scarring well that made the day a little brighter. The battling of pros and cons continued as I slipped back into a light slumber.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's office~~~
 
After he had hung up on his brother he tried to track down his errant secretary but it seemed she had called in and now he had no way to vent his anger. So he had spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon working when all the sudden the phone rang.
 
Ring..Riinn
 
“Hello this is Mr. Takahashi.”
 
“Ah that so?” came a sarcastic voice. “Anyway boss this is Dr. Weaver your breeder is finished for now and is resting would you like to come down and pick her up?”
 
“Wasn't my brother supposed to do it?”
 
“I suppose I could call him but you're closer.” came her smart mouth reply.
 
“Your mouth is going to get you into trouble Dr. Weaver. Yes I will be down shortly to pick her up.”
 
“Very well I shall have her changed and ready to go.”
 
“Very well. Good day Dr.” click. Rubbing my temples I tried to stave off the oncoming headache as I picked the phone back up to call my brother. Pushing the buttons with a little more force then usual it began ringing.
 
Ring..ring.. ring..ring.. `Where the hell is he?' ring..ring..
 
“Huh? Hello?”
 
“Is that you Inuyasha?”
 
“Sesshoumaru?” His voice was distant as if caught while thinking.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Why are you calling?”
 
“It seems the doctor had decided to call me when Higurashi was done with her surgeries and shots instead of you. She said she is resting though she went to get her and make her change so I could come get her.”
 
“Well are you?”
 
“I will bring her to my office where she will wait for you. So I suggest you get a move on little brother. There is still much to do today.”
 
“Yeah, yeah. I'm finishing up some trade agreements that couldn't wait. I will be there in an hour or so.”
 
“Very well then we will have a late lunch while we are waiting.”
 
“Okay goodbye.” click.
 
The bastard hung up on this Sesshoumaru. I will get him back later I have to finish this and go pick up the girl. Another 15 minutes and he was finally done. After placing it in the proper folder he grabbed what work he had completed and went to the elevator. Stopping at the floor below his he dropped off the paperwork and then continued down to the main floor.
 
He made his way down the hallway to the recovery room where he saw Dr. Weaver sitting and filling out a chart for someone.
 
“Is she ready doctor?” Her head popped up and she nodded.
 
“She's in there.” pointing to the door to the right side of her. I walked around her long legs that were stretched out in front of her and opened the door. At first all I saw was the curtain then I could barely make out the bed behind it. Walking up to it I pulled it back to see a very beautiful sight.
 
She was wearing a silver shirt with powder blue geometric designs and a knee length black skirt. Her shoes matched the skirt. But it was her face that caught his attention the most. Her midnight black hair spilled across the pillow and her eyes were closed with her lashes brushing her cheek. Her pink lips slightly parted to breath gently. I was pleased that she didn't snore. Her hand was curled up by her face while the other draped at her waist.
 
A picture of sleeping innocence and by Kami it was a beautiful sight. Her smell though tainted a little by the drugs they had used she still smelled strongly of orchids. It was a summer's delight in every sense. Now I knew why my brother had waited for her. Yes she had some annoying qualities but this watching her live and sleep were well worth the aggravations she brought.
 
Instead of waking her I gently picked her up to take her to my office. I ignored the pointed looks of the workers as I went to the elevator. When I reached my office that is when I carefully placed her on my couch and went to order lunch. I had been seriously considering breaking the contract myself to avoid all the media but my brother had the right idea. : Mine: called my beast and while I agreed she was also ours.