InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ A small disagreement ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I awoke once more to the smell of food. I felt much better then I had before. This time I awoke on something really soft. My eyes came into focus slowly and I realized I wasn't in the hospital room anymore. Now I was slightly annoyed by being constantly moved around when I was asleep but suddenly a tray was placed before me on the table and I forgot everything as I dove into the welcomed food.
 
I heard a small grunt but ignored it for the heavenly food. Whatever they had done to me during those surgeries had made me famished. After I was done I took a look around and noticed I was back in Sesshoumaru's office. Slightly mortified at my pervious behavior I gave a shaky smile to him. I received a raised eyebrow.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru P.O.V. ~~~
 
After I called for lunch I sat at my desk watching the girl as she slept. She had curled onto her side her face towards me and her hand back under her chin. She looked adorable though I never before knew the meaning of the word. I wasn't quite sure how long I watched her before the elevator beeped and the food arrived but I hadn't cared. I stood up to take charge of the food and filled a tray for her. The smell seemed to wake her up almost instantly and once it was placed in front of her she pounced upon it with fervor.
 
I took my own tray and sat at my desk slowly eating as I watched the food disappear at a very rapid rate. I had heard that the drugs would make a woman hungry but this had me wondering if I should have ordered more. I was about half way through my meal when I noticed her looking around. I watched her face as she realized where she was and who she had ignored. Her face was almost comical in the horror. I silently raised my eyebrow and she smile nervously and fidgeted.
 
“Ah. Thank you for the food Sesshoumaru. It was delicious.” I smirked at her and actually let out a small chuckle. I watched as her face take on a look of amazement and I wasn't sure why. The smirk quickly faded from my face as I spoke.
 
“Is there something wrong Ms. Higurashi?”
 
“Iie. I just never heard you laugh before. You were always so stoic in the feudal era.” she gave me a sunny smile and just leaned back into the couch.
 
Now I realized why she was amazed. I had changed and mellowed a lot over the years. I was still the cold hearted ruler of the Western Lands but my so called people skills had improved when I didn't have to worry about striking fear into their hearts. It also gave me a slight warm feeling to know that even after I had tried to kill her before that she would just forgive and forget. I knew she worked with me in the past but there had been a common need and goal then versus what was going on now.
 
I checked the time as I settled down to get back to work and was surprised that it was almost time for my brother to show up and take her shopping. It occurred to me that she might have a better idea of what she wanted if she saw her room first. I picked up my phone to call Inuyasha.
 
Ring..ring..rinn
 
“Hello?”
 
“Inuyasha are you on your way yet?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Inuyasha you do realize you said you'd be here in 15 minutes right?”
 
“Shit!”
 
“I'll take that as a no.”
 
“Its not that I don't want to its just that someone screwed up the train lines before I had my executive take over and several companies are in trouble if I can't reroute the trains to get to the proper factories soon. Also the trade agreements that I was working on aren't worth shit now because of this. So all the work I did this morning is wasted! I have to stay here and work this out. Can you take her? I only made the arrangements under our last name so no one knows whether it's you or me.”
 
“Inuyasha I can't I have too much to do! I have already had to give up my morning to quiet the rumors and tried to find my missing secretary. I was interrupted again to have to pick up Ms. Higurashi and now you want me to give up the remaining of my work day to take her shopping?”
I quickly glanced at her and had to wince when I saw her head was bowed and a quiet sniff told me she was likely to cry.
 
“I'm sorry Sess but this will seriously hurt a lot of people and I can't walk away when I can help them. You already lost one day just take the girl shopping.”
 
I was angry at him and at her but I knew it would do no good to lash out at them. My youki was seriously in need of relief and this stress was not helping me control it. I growled out a `fine' and slammed the phone into the cradle almost breaking it. That's when I noticed the quiet sobs coming from the girl sitting a ways from me. Kicking myself mentally I stood up and walked over to her. I knelt down beside her wrapped my arms around her. She stiffened but didn't pull away.
 
“This Sesshoumaru will not say this often Kagome but I am sorry. Early this morning was fine but when I watched the morning news I noticed that some how the press got hold of the story of my brother and I finally taking a breeder. I had to call a press conference to suppress the rumors and had to deal with very personal questions that I wouldn't have answered even if I had done some of them. I believe it was my secretary that sold it to the press but when I went to find her she is missing. This Sesshoumaru works very long hours and a day spent with these interruptions and stress causes my youki to get out of control. Inuyasha was supposed to take you shopping for your furniture for your room but now someone's mess up has several companies in jeopardy.” I gave her a gentle squeeze and the next thing I knew I felt a gentle power caress my youki and my beast almost immediately calmed and responded with a quiet purr of approval.
 
I looked up and noticed that she was glowing a very light pink. For a moment I wondered if she was going to try and purify me but that was gone sooner then it came when it faded. Her eyes showed tiredness that I hadn't expected but following it she smiled a heart stopping smile and was puzzled as to the reason.
 
“Your `contented growl' sounds so similar to Inuyasha's. Though I still say you guy's purr.” she said it with a teasing tone and I knew she hadn't meant it as an insult. I gave my mental beast's cage a once over and in my minds eye it was curled up in the corner gently wagging its tail. I couldn't believe it she had pacified my beast with her powers. I felt like I had rested well for over a week with no work. I hadn't felt this good since the last time I was able to run the length of Japan before the cities were built.
 
“Thank you.” and I was grateful. The immediate stress relief left me feeling `as good as new' as the human saying goes. I stood up and offered her my hand which she took without hesitation.
 
“I have to tell my other workers that I am leaving but then we are going to up to allow you to choose a room and then we are heading out shopping. Sound good?” I had no idea why I was seeking her approval when I only had to order her but it just seemed important and for the smile I received it was well worth two more words then I would have spoken.
 
I lead her to the elevator and pushed the button for the floor below mine. We stood in comfortable silence and when the doors opened I pulled her gently along with me. I walked up to my executive junior president of the breeder program.
 
“Jon. I need you to take over for the day. It seems my brother can't make it to show Ms. Higurashi around so I am taking it over. The contracts that you need to review are on my secretary's desk and the two lawsuits just need paper work processed and the other paper work for the remaining non breeders needs to be sent out so the doctors can call them in.” He gave me a short bow and I nodded my head slightly as I turned around and lead Kagome back to the elevator.
 
I typed in the code for the top floors, showing Kagome the combination, and waited with Kagome at my side. I took a deep breath and in this confined space her smell was almost over powering. I held my thoughts together as we reached my floor and I began to show her around. I watched her out of the corner of my eye as her face took on a series of amazed looks. She held my home in a certain respect that I couldn't figure out. I didn't know what she found so amazing but I felt pleased none the less.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I had felt like a burden when he had been on the phone with Inuyasha but his apology was very unexpected. To know that I meant enough to him to apologize amazed me. It was more then I had hoped for. That he'd asked me if what he had planned was okay made me smile and feel very special. To know that he was going to take the rest of the day off just to take me shopping when I could have just sent for my stuff from home left me speechless. But it was his home that took away my breath and left me feeling awed. His entire building was a marvel to be in with the mosaics in the hallways and the crescent moon brass walk way.
 
The rooms were grand with impeccable taste and style. The colors flowed room to room. The antiques of most likely priceless vases and pottery sat upon display cases and Roman pillars. The floor I hadn't noticed before but was a handsomely done hardwood. The bedrooms had American style walls, meaning they were solid and nearly sound proof, while the rest had the beautifully painted screens. The scenery and the animals seemed alive and about to move in the wind or scamper away.
 
The dinning room had a traditional low table and cushions with real lanterns. The kitchen was modern and very western (American) with the counter tops of green marble with a sparkling gold like color running various lines. The cherry stained cabinets with all modern appliances. The living room had a low seated set of a couch and two recliners with a plasma 52 inch screen on the far wall. It looked like someone actually play video games and I smiled secretly. He led me to his study and it was very English with the leather and the solid old oak desk. The lights here were electric because of the enormous amount of books. He had a small laptop on his desk and several small filing cabinets behind it. Next was the first bathroom and I felt like I had gone to heaven. There was a steam room, whirlpool tub, shower, and off to the side behind a screen I found a replica of a hot spring including the famed mineral water.
 
I giggled in happiness. In the back was several bedrooms and he had cleared out a few to allow me to choose. The first room was large and done in light reds and gold but to me it was more Inuyasha's style then mine. I closed the door and walked behind him to the next one. The next one was done in shades of blue and violets but again I didn't feel it was me.
 
The last one was done in emerald green and other forest colors with dark wooden floors and a Bay window. I walked over to the window and looked down into a mini forest reserve. I gasp and clapped my hands spinning around saying “This one please!” For some reason I had the feeling he wasn't surprised but he nodded.
 
“Take a good look so you have in mind what you want to buy.” I took the advice to heart and walked to one wall and started counting steps mentally. It was 21 strides for me across so I walked to the other wall and started counting again. This time it was 18 strides.
 
“May I ask what you are doing?” came Sesshoumaru's voice breaking my concentration.
 
“Huh?”
 
“I said may I ask what you are doing.”
 
“Measuring the room.”
 
“I could have told you the measurements.”
 
“It wouldn't have done you any good.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because real measurements mean nothing to me. I have the ability to feel a space. I use my own strides to get a layout in my mind. If I used measurements I would just get confused. This way I measure how big a bed might be and I can count how far into the room it would go and what space I have left. I know it's strange but it's the way I do things.”
 
He only shrugged and looked away waiting for me to finish. I guess he didn't have much to say to the way I did things or if he did he choose not to comment. I measured the window and a few other things and finally turned toward him and said “I'm ready now.” He nodded and turned back around and led me to the elevator again.
 
“Do you know where we are going?”
 
“Shopping.” I got annoyed at his its-so-obvious tone.
 
“No I mean what stores.”
 
“Yes.” I waited but he said nothing more. I ground my teeth trying not to explode. Somehow with just a few words and attitude he was making me angry. I wasn't sure how but I didn't like it. We were doing so well. Anyway I took a deep breath and let it out slowly as I counted to 10 a couple of times.
 
“Would you care to divulge a few names so I can have an idea of where we are going?”
 
“No.”
 
“Why not.”
 
“Because.”
 
“Because WHY?” A small chuckle and I realized he was goading me on purpose. He was teasing me! Hold the phone and stop the presses a news flash just appeared across the sky “Sesshoumaru has been hiding a sense of humor!” Okay I know I heard him laugh earlier in his office but this time he was trying to be funny rather then taking something as funny. I stood there mouth gaping as he turned towards me.
 
A feather light touch of his finger made me close my mouth. “Much better. One would think with your mouth hanging open like that that you would have more experience in pleasing the other gender then your file says.”
 
It took a moment for what he meant set it but once it did I sputtered out, “I have n-n-not done a-any su-uch thing!” I fumed, he knew I had not done anything of the sort and he made a comment like that. I crossed my arms and huffed as we got out of the elevator and walked towards the front doors. I didn't even glance at him I was to angry.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
“Much better. One would think with your mouth hanging open like that that you would have more experience in pleasing the other gender then your file says.” I watched closely as the words settled into her mind and once they did righteous furry poured forth. She stuttered out, “I have n-n-not done a-any su-uch thing!”
 
Of course I knew she hadn't but I just couldn't let that expression go. I mean she was peering up at me with her mouth open like she was trying to say something as her mouth moved but nothing ever came out. The comment just came to mind and she turned away from me in her anger.
 
When the elevator stopped she immediately started out leaving me behind to gaze upon her. Again a totally random thought occurred to me watching her. She was great having around but it was fun watching her go. With her strides so jerky it emphasized her butt as she walked away and I couldn't help but wonder what it would look like with out clothes. Shaking my head I tried to chase the thought out of my head but it just wouldn't go.