InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Control and Site Seeing ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
`Oh he makes me so mad! What an arrogant demon. Thinks he's all that does he. Well then I will just have to put my plan back into action. We'll see if we can't teach the dog to eat out of the palm of my hand.' I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a moment and counted to ten. I walked out of the building and down onto the brass crescent where I stood waiting for Mr. high and mighty to show up.
 
When he finally showed up he had a few more accessories then when I last saw him he had a cell phone in his hand and was talking in another language I didn't know. It wasn't Japanese or English so I just stood there for a few minutes while he chatted away and then finally hung up.
 
“Ready to go?”
 
“Been waiting on you Fluffy.”
 
“Who told you that name?” he growled at me.
 
“I think I thought it up but if I did hear it before then it was probably said by Inuyasha, why?”
 
“Never call me that again.” he advanced towards me, “Not if you know what's good for you.”
 
“If I don't?” He stopped for a moment as if not sure how to proceed. I got the feeling he was trying to intimate me but I had seen it before and he needed me so I didn't think he could hurt me that much. His eyes slowly refocused and he said very low and very quiet, “You are making fun of your house leader and that usually means punishment,” his eyes took on a very wicked glow, “Now you wouldn't want a spanking on live television now would you?”
 
My hand flew to my mouth to muffle my scream of no. I looked at him in honest horror. I tried to shake the thought out of my head, “You wouldn't dare.” his lips pulled back into a real smile exposing his fangs as he chuckled.
 
“My dear little breeder you don't know what I am capable of. After all I am the slightly sadistic cold-hearted ruler of the western lands. Your punishment would be a trivial matter to me and if it makes you behave then so be it. Make no mistake I would do it to teach you a lesson.”
 
I looked up at him long and hard and realized he probably really meant it. After all he wasn't averse to humiliating Inuyasha all those years ago by showing him up with his sword play though no one was around usually but our group but why wouldn't he embarrass me in front of the entire city. Slightly put off balance I tried to pull myself together. I knew he was right, I didn't know him like I knew Inuyasha. I was tempted to say that Inuyasha wouldn't let him but somehow I had the feeling he would find some convenient project to stick him with while he walked away with me in tow and put before a camera and down before I could even yell his name.
 
Feeling slightly defeated I made myself stand up tall as I began my plot to further seduce the ice prince. We waited for a chair to arrive and once it did we were off. I was distracted after awhile at the scenery that I hadn't ever really paid attention to before. I racked my brain for how high up we were. A flash of memory from my night time lessons describing the city came to me,
 
“All cities had to be able to accommodate at least 10 million people though Tokyo has the largest at 18 million. The standard city is at least 3500 feet high and at least 7 miles long and 3 to 4 miles wide. Though the space is compacted upon itself each level is at least 10-15 stories high (meaning 100 to 150 feet tall) the lower levels are built in apartment style homes and each level above it slightly larger and more expansive then the last.”
 
“Near the center of every city are a large amount of parks to make sure all levels get the required amount of sunlight. Usually there are large ponds and even some streams that are allowed to flow though the parks. Every level has security cameras covering almost every square inch to help prevent crime. The tall pillars on the top of every city house wind turbines that come out at night to help gather electricity for the city. During storms a system of lightening rods are raised in hopes that lightening will strike them and not the dome. But even this electricity source is not wasted for heavy cables were designed to hold the power and turn special generators that input it into large back up power sources for the city. This saves the city money if they are lucky to have a few lightening strikes because one lightening bolt can almost power the city for 2 hours.”
 
“the infrastructure of the city is built on a building block idea where the two below support the next this way if any part of the city is damaged the rest of the city doesn't collapse. The structure can sustain over 40 % damage and still remain standing. The levels are all open to look down or up upon one another to ease any repairs and to allow sunlight to filter through as it pleases.”
 
I felt a little dizzy with the onslaught of the entire lesson relearned in a matter of seconds but Sesshoumaru put one arm out to hold me steady.
 
“Are you alright?” there seemed to be a slight concern in his voice. I nodded as I tried to explain.
 
“I was wondering about the city and I had a flash back to one of my lessons that I was taught at night explaining it all to me. It went through my mind so fast I was left feeling dizzy.”
 
“I heard that happens when you try to think to hard. Just take a few breaths and let it come to you.”
 
I took the advice and started taking slow breaths and the voice in my head slowed down to where I could understand what he was saying. After awhile I shut the voice off as it went into the economics. I turned toward my companion and smiled.
 
“Thanks that really helped.”
 
“Of course it did.” again with that superior tone that I had hated back at his office. I decided that while he said I couldn't call him fluffy he said nothing about not being able to straighten out his attitude.
 
“Now you listen here Mister. You had better stop with that tone! I realize that to everyone else you have been hiding this so called sense of humor but I do not appreciate being treated like a peasant to your so called lordship. You have offered me a place in your house and I will be treated fairly and with respect as I have treated you! I have done nothing that gives you the right to use that tone.” And I would have continued but suddenly he pulled me close until our noses were touching.
 
“Really? You have been given an honor girl. An honor I can take back. Here I am taking you out to shop on my time and my bill. Here I am giving you a place in my home and in my house. All of it has been offered you have done nothing to earn it. I could have let Inuyasha take you as a mistress and allowed to become a regular breeder. You have treated me with the respect that you had only rarely given me in the past. I expect it from you where you have no right to expect anything from me. Do not let your feelings cloud your judgment girl. I am not nor will ever be as soft as my brother.” with that he released me to sit back down and he straightened his clothes and turned away. For once in my life I thought before I spoke. I didn't argue as I would have with Inuyasha.
 
In that moment several things became clear to me that should have before. I was treating him as I would Inuyasha though I knew this before I realized I wasn't really changing my behavior. I was making assumptions based on what I knew of Inuyasha and not Sesshoumaru. He was known as the aristocratic assassin in the feudal era and he was also one of the leaders of almost half of Japan. He had been raised as royalty and he was not about to speak to me like an equal till I proved myself here in this time I knew he respected me in the past. I made a big mistake and didn't know how to rectify it. I had proven to him to be pure and a willing fighter but nothing he had seen of me made me worthy. I was just a common human to him. Inuyasha knew different and so did I but he didn't and it was him that I had to prove myself to.
 
I felt very guilty that I was treating Sesshoumaru like a double of Inuyasha, just like Inuyasha for the longest time treated me as a weaker copy of Kikyo. I was never an excellent fighter in the feudal era, though I had finally mastered the bow and arrow and defensive moves, times had changed but I was almost sure that I still needed training in those areas. I knew self defense and mikos were still taught here in the city. It was something that I could ask about and even if it didn't prove me to him then at least I could defend myself. I had to get to know him if I wanted to be able to treat him as his own person and he had to get to know me. I wouldn't be leaving any time soon so the faster I gained his respect the better off I would be. Seducing him would have to be put aside until I knew enough to figure out how to do that. Mentally I sighed at the long way round but this wasn't some one night stand this was in a way my job and he could make my life very hard if he wanted to.
 
I was silent the rest of the ride. It took awhile for the chair to maneuver the chair the store he had selected but once we were there I couldn't help but feel a little awed. It was a hand crafted wood store and it was thee most expensive store in the city. Only the richest shopped here.
 
“Sesshoumaru we don't need to shop here. I would be perfectly content with something less expensive.” I shuttered to think of the prices in this store. I turned my face up to look at him and only saw a raised eyebrow.
 
“You expect me to have a piece of furniture that doesn't match the rest? All my furniture has come from here and I refuse to have some second rate pieces in my home. Now you will find something here you like or you will have one built I care not but you will choose.” It was so confusing speaking to him at times one minute I am not worthy of notice and the next insists that while I may not match him my furniture does. `good grief.'
 
Taking my arm he led me inside as my mind tried to reevaluate the price in Sesshoumaru's home. I had noticed the matching pieces but I had assumed they were antiques. This store had only been around for about 150 years. The price tag on these items was almost more then my mom made in a year breeding and that included the money spent on the doctor's visit and hospital deliveries.
 
Walking in a lady immediately came up to us. “Ah Mr. Takahashi how nice to see you again. What are you looking for today?” I knew that I wouldn't like this woman she was already simpering to him. She was trying to cater to a high spender but she had no sincerity left. Right then I knew that this might take awhile.
 
“Kimi. I need you to show Ms. Higurashi around at the bedroom sets. She needs to pick one that matches her taste but that compliments my home. Now remember our deal.” and with that he turned to sit on one of the chairs that were set by the door.
 
The woman now named Kimi turned to me with a look of pure distaste. Now I might be a white when it came to being a virgin but I had dealt way to many times with people like her. Placing a look of young innocence on my face I decided to play a little. I knew that I had to show this woman that I was above her because I had a feeling any children's furniture would also come from here and I needed her to bow to me.
 
“Kimi right?” she nodded in annoyance with a scowl on her face.
 
“You know you might be pretty if you didn't scowl and maybe smiled more. After all I am here to spend money and be happy and how can I be happy with you scowling?” I tilted my head to side in my best imitation of a little girl. I smirked mentally at her wince. She couldn't talk back because I was the customer and you never correct the customer. Now this I might enjoy.