InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ His only daughter ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
I had listened to the conversation when they disappeared around the corner and was ready to step in but she had handled herself well and was proud of her. I allowed the other attendant to distract me with a few refreshments and conversation about how their business was going. We had a nice deal going; I would come and shop only here so they so use it as advertisement and I received almost anything with 45% off the price. I had never been disappointed in the quality of any of the things I had bought. Some pieces like a bed frame had actually survived me throwing my brother on it during one of our fights. After that I had been impressed.
 
My ears twitched when I thought I heard yelling and then it was quiet again. I began to have a feeling that something was going on but I continued my talk uninterrupted. I learned that the business had had a recent spike in sales and what they were using the profits for until a blood curdling scream was heard. I felt my heart squeeze itself painfully as I jumped up and used my youkai speed to find out where the scream had come from.
 
Entering the bedroom set room I saw Kagome swaying slightly on her feet and in seconds I had her in my arms. Holding her closely I looked her over and saw no injury so I looked around the room and against the wall I saw Kimi changing. She had a slight pink glow and she was still screaming but had no breath to make it heard. I realized what happened and for the first time saw her human form. She went from her bright red hair to a light brown and her scent changed from a candy like smell to smelling like a bitter apple. The scent just seemed bitter though it was more of a taste then a scent. It was strong and I realized that she used her youkai to make her scent more attractive. He was glad his brother hadn't liked her smell of her in time it would have driven him from his home. He wondered when the last time she'd bathed was when he guessed why her human scent was so strong.
 
“Are you alright” I asked Kagome.
 
“Yeah she only got to ram into once before I hit her with my energy.” Her words though comforting still angered me. The bitch had no right to attack my breeder. Looking around I saw where we were standing and realized we were in the most expensive part of the store and guessed that they didn't battled long if she had only got one hit in. Getting an evil idea about a perfect revenge against the whore I decided to take the pieces I wanted.
 
“Kimi I expected better from you. I do have the right to demand your life for your attack but instead I think I shall take the furniture that Ms. Higurashi wanted as compensation.”
 
I heard a slight gasp from the attendants who had come in to inspect the damage. I quietly asked Kagome what pieces she had wanted and smirked when I saw that she had chosen the most expensive. I knew Kimi would not like it but she had attacked my breeder for no reason that I could see. When she recovered I was sure that the loss in profits would make her more respectful next time since it would come out of her commissions.
 
“We shall be taking that set there for compensation of the attack on my breeder. I want it at the western building and in her room in two hours.”
 
I quickly finished up keeping a hold on the girl as I lead her outside. She gave a small yawn so when we were seated I couldn't resist asking, “Ready to choose your mattress?”
 
Her response wasn't what I would have expected. She gave a bigger yawn and tried to cover it with her petite little hand and turned her face into my shoulder. Assuming she had finished yawning because then she nuzzled her way into my shoulder and declined to give a response.
 
“Ms. Higurashi what are you doing?” I said it in a stern tone but truthfully I didn't mind. Her eyes turned towards me slightly dazed as if she had actually fallen asleep. A soft “huh?” was heard.
 
“This Sesshoumaru has asked you what you thought you were doing.” Her eyes still didn't really focus as she said, “Tired.” and promptly turned her face back into my shoulder. Slightly annoyed that she choose to fall asleep on my person I decided to just take her back home. She had accomplished more today then I had and being human was more then likely truly tired. I reset the directions of the chair to take us back home. I began wondering where she was supposed to sleep since she had a bed but no mattress. The girl was truly a magnet for trouble. `I suppose this Sesshoumaru will have to give up his own bed for the night.'
 
Taking a deep breath he again noticed her scent and allowed himself to unwind a little to relax in her calming scent. Reaching home I got out and picked her up like I had when retrieving her from the hospital and walked carefully towards the elevator. Performing a small trick I had finally typed in the code to go to my floor.
 
When the doors opened I headed towards my room. When I had showed her around I hadn't shown her the staircase in the back that led to my private sanctuary. There was a half floor above the main living one. Here I had my private garden in and exact replica of how Rin had hers. Each plant carefully maintained and flowers plucked periodically to adorn my desk just as she had done every day she lived. It had been our ritual that she would wake at dawn to pick the best blooms and she placed them in a vase she had helped make upon my desk. When I would come into my study she would have fallen asleep on one of the cushions and I would wake her for breakfast. As she grew up she had chosen a cousin of mine as a mate and they had lived in my castle for her remaining years. It had been the best century of his life because her smile had never dimmed. Her voice always rang out in cheerfulness when he entered any room she was in. When I sent her down to breakfast her response of “Hai Sesshoumaru-sama.” was always the same. He had taken her death hard when one morning he came down as usual and went to wake her to find her gone. Since that day he had gotten up to get his own flowers but only every few days because his garden though a replica was much smaller then hers had been.
 
Rin had somehow figured out which smells he favored and designed her garden with only those and her favorite. He had gone across the ocean on business with a distant lord and had seen a rose bush plucking one before his return he had given it to her. It became her favorite whether because she liked the smell the best or because it was the only flower he had given her he never asked. But his garden was a variety of native plants and the rose stood out just like she had. And now he was bringing another female into his personal garden. Rin had liked the miko when they had traveled with his brother in the pursuit of Naraku. She carried the bag the Miko had gotten her everywhere when she traveled. When it could no longer hold anything it was always on the bottom of her new bag. He had thought it foolish but maybe her feeling had gone deeper for the miko then he realized, however, that was a thought for another day.
 
Opening the door to his bedroom one would immediately see the room was mostly white. His bed had a comforter starting as white in one corner fading out as geometric designs in red took over till the designs faded to a pure red. The bed was low to the ground almost more a futon then a bed. The side table had a book bound in ancient leather and a small lamp. The floor was finely woven grass mats and white walls. The door to his room was a screen depicting himself in his human from one side and on the inside his dog form before his arm was lost. He had saved these screens from his castle that was torn down in the west. His other home had another set. The dresser and wardrobe were finished in a honey color resembling his eye color. Upon the ceiling he had had muralist paint the night sky as accurately as possible of the summer sky in memory of the night he was born.
 
He placed Kagome on his bed and turned down the sheets and moved her under them. Tucking her in he stood to go to his office to call his brother and see what he had missed in his little shopping excursion. At the doorway he turned to take one last look and couldn't help but think she belonged here in his memory of the past. Her weird clothing had made her stand out then but she would have anyway because of who she was.
 
He could remember vaguely her and Rin picking blossoms one evening and her teaching Rin how to make a flower crown. They had worn them until the flowers had turned brown before placing them on a sign post on the last leg of their journey to Naraku's castle. Rin had been sent home and it was their way of parting without saying goodbye. The hope of seeing blossoms the following spring and the renewing of life was what they had hoped for after the destruction Naraku had caused.
 
Rin had been at the celebration in the village in Inuyasha's forest when she had seen her disappear when her wish had been made. She had cried for almost a week but something turned her around. Now that he thought about it she had worn a crown of the same flowers at her mating ceremony. He had asked her why instead of the tradition human headdress and her answer then puzzled him.
 
Her words had never been lost, “Sesshoumaru-sama why would Rin? Though you have treated me as your daughter since you saved me, I was raised by you. Someone once told me that we are all like flowers or at least humans are. Humans grow, we bloom, and we age but then our children like the flowers come back the following spring. The renewing of life every spring is like the renewing of our souls every lifetime. My life is short compared to yours and I am in the bloom of my life and I will eventually age till I die. But someday I will come back to grow, bloom, and die once more. This is the cycle of life Sesshoumaru-sama. And I wear this proudly in memory of our hopes for spring and that good-byes aren't forever.”
 
Thinking about it now he realized it was probably the miko that had given her those words. She knew that there was reincarnation, being one as she is, and tried to explain to a child the meaning of life and death. How the flowers or in other words people have to pass on to make room for the spring flowers (people) and spring hopes. It was soon to be spring and he had some worries considering this year was his heat cycle but now he had hopes that she would share it with him. A new year to finally have a child of his own and to finally participate in the circle that Rin had told him about. He had longed to have a child for some time, some of it due to his instincts to ensure his pack and some in hopes that his adopted daughter would come back as his real one in the spring. Glancing back to that the woman on his bed he watched her chest rise and fall in her slumber and smirked slightly. He closed the door and turned to his garden and smiled for the first time in way to long. A soft light filled his eyes as he thought of a daughter he hoped to have playing as Rin had. `Yes, A daughter to spoil again, to watch play again, to protect, and to love.'